Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2020, 16:46   #841
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Tata Harrier was initially launched last year in January 2019. It has to be one the quickest, significant update we will get to see of a car that was launched just a year back. This is how the Harrier should have been from the start! All the best to Tata Motors and hope they have worked upon on the niggles as well.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 16:48   #842
BHPian

Tata Harrier has now to be very careful about its price as it has now a golden opportunity to get a big increase in sales numbers. I hope they don't mess it up now due to price.

MG is also holding on to price increase declaration of its BS6 diesel, whereas it has already announced a 25,000 increase for its BS6 petrol version.
MG didn't declare BS6 diesel price just because of Harrier BS6 with extra features launch in coming days.

Also, MG is going to face disruption in its supply chain due to Corona Virus. Harrier has a good chance to catch on the segment which is seeing more than 4,500 car sales per month(Harrier, Hector and Compass) and has a potential of much more sales by getting Seltos/Creta top-end customers.

Quote:
MG Motor India stated:

"We expect significant disruption in the supply chain from European and Chinese/Asian suppliers and our sales may get impacted in February due to the Coronavirus, as our inventory levels have been minimum because of the bookings backlog. We are working towards ensuring that the impact on the end-consumer and our operations is minimized."
link

Last edited by SahilS : 2nd February 2020 at 17:13.
SahilS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 18:28   #843
Senior - BHPian

If tata prices the harrier in a manner in which the Seltos was with respect to the Creta and MG, they would have a winner in they hands. They have to undercut the Compass with a large margin in order to be appealing! The Jeep brand cannot be taken down so easily.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:22   #844
Senior - BHPian

Harrier BS6 to get 170 horses on the tap. So this goes directly head on with Jeep Compass as it shares the same heart & power figures.

Will this have any change to its abysmal sales performance with BS6, Panaromic sunroof & power bump?

Besides, most of the manufacturers are giving more for the price bump because of BS6.

So BS6 is more of a boon to environment & customers I must say.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:34   #845
BHPian

Harrier rides way better than the Hector, and is more stable on the highways, in my opinion. Have driven both and I'd pick the Harrier anyday. So basically, this has the same power figures as the compass and now it'll ( hopefully ) have a good, responsive autobox. The 9 speed in the Compass isn't really groundbreaking in any way.

This has every chance to succeed, I hope they price it sensibly, on road below 25 for the top end automatic would be perfectly fine for the features and performance on offer.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:08   #846
BHPian

For once, Tata is adding features instead of deleting them - so
However, I have a lot of sympathy for those who took the plunge and bought the last year model - won't certainly feel nice to see a better and a more feature loaded version in just under an year
r0nit7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:37   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
So basically, this has the same power figures as the compass and now it'll ( hopefully ) have a good, responsive autobox. The 9 speed in the Compass isn't really groundbreaking in any way
Considering that the Hyundai 4AT in the Grand i10 is too slow and Creta 6AT doesn't distinguish itself either, I wouldn't keep my hopes high (enthusiastic driving in mind).

Note: I'm comparing the Hyundai 6AT in Creta to the Punch 6AT in the Hexa. Comparison basis is about 200kms trip in self drive cars each and 2 test drives of the Hexa.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:09   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I am not sure about others but I won't spend 25 lacs on road for a tata product.
Well said buddy. It is because of folks like us that Chinese, Japanese and Korean auto makers are laughing their way to the bank!

If we continue to be apprehensive about our home grown manufacturers, soon there will be a day when all our mobility needs will be in the hands of foreign brands. Yes, we do get to walk around with pompousness and pat ourselves on the back for having spent our 25L well but then we should not complain about the consequences in the form inflation etc. as the money just goes outside. Are we ready for it?

Coming back to the topic, all good things come with a price. How is it possible for a certain manufacturer to provide all the creature comforts, active and passive safety features, good engine, great autobox and still price it at 15L? End of the day, everyone from the sub-tiers to the company to the dealers have to make money to sustain and also grow.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:27   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this on WhatsApp from a dealer.

Name:  P1.png
Views: 3166
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  P2.png
Views: 3150
Size:  62.2 KB

Name:  P3.png
Views: 3122
Size:  53.9 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2020 at 17:17. Reason: Adding watermarks
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:38   #850
BHPian

New additions officially revealed by Tata. No longer just teasers.
Also, wheels are still R17, just new design.
shivamk11 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:43   #851
BHPian

The thing that really caught my eye was the improved accessibility to the USB ports in the center storage area. Didn't really expect that, great step.

Although sadly, the orange shade won't be available anymore. Don't really understand Tata's stubbornness on only offering a few shades on this vehicle.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:07   #852
BHPian

Tata Press Release :

Tata Motors opens bookings for the feature- loaded Harrier BSVI range, introduces the much-awaited Harrier Automatic variant. Customers can book the Harrier BSVI for an amount of INR 30,000 by visiting the website www.harrier.tatamotors.com or by visiting the nearest Tata Motors authorized dealership.

Updated Tata Harrier comes with :

• The Automatic range comes equipped with a 6 Speed Automatic Transmission and will be available in three variants - XMA, XZA & XZA+.

• BS6 compliance with Next generation Kryotec170 Diesel engine offering 170PS power.

• New dynamic Calypso Red Colour and new stylish aerodynamic outer mirrors.

• Harrier will now come equipped with ESP across all variants.

• Harrier will now also be available with a new top- of the- line XZ+/ XZA+ trims.

• Harrier will come with host of exciting features like Panoramic Sunroof, 6- way Powered Driver Seat with adjustable lumbar support, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirrors and Two- Tone Diamond Cut R17 alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-519459ea8aa9428f9ca6ab0fadd4bcd7.jpeg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-090eb99774c244f1a62d3e872354dbeb.jpeg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-6836da8c0eaf43e7b5399016f442f8f6.jpeg  

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1ea011217c2d4e84a54dbd5a58637de4.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:13   #853
BHPian

Finally Tata Harrier 2.0, the car it should have been at the initial launch.
Any info on the prices ?
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:32   #854
Senior - BHPian

Harrier 2.0 is not a Creta/Seltos competitor now. It has moved a segment up. Featurewise it is now at par with compass 2WD models. Tata has got a window of opportunity till Hector comes with a diesel AT. If they can maintain the price to acceptable levels, very few people will say no to this car. It looks that good.

Good looking people always get second chances. I am sure that will apply to cars as well.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 3rd February 2020 at 17:35.
padmrajravi is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:38   #855
BHPian

And after waiting for months. Its booked.
The long wait begins now.. Tick tock. Tick tock.
😀

PS: sorry mods I know I am not adding information. I couldn't hold back from sharing with this community which has been my go to place for authentic updates and information!
ihrishi is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed