Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:01   #856
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
And after waiting for months. Its booked.
The long wait begins now.. Tick tock. Tick tock.
😀
Damn, that was quick. I am waiting for test drive 1st. But a lot depends on the pricing too.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:10   #857
BHPian

looks amazing! especially those alloys! looking forward to teambhp's detailed review!

Congratulations mate! Looking forward to your TD review. I'm sure you're going to enjoy your new car. Those rims look awesome! I'm hoping TATA will offer them as an accessory to existing Harrier owners. What color have you chosen?

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd February 2020 at 18:22. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add more to your previous post in the first 30 minutes.
vk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:13   #858
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Will it be diesel Auto or is Petrol being offered too? Not finding much info online at this stage.
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:39   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats! Will it be diesel Auto or is Petrol being offered too? Not finding much info online at this stage.
No petrol option available at the moment. It is the diesel automatic version which I have booked. The one in red.

Last edited by ihrishi : 3rd February 2020 at 18:40.
ihrishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:53   #860
BHPian

New ORVMs, Sunroof, Better looking alloys, Automatic & USB port location - this list just shows Tata Motors is taking feedback seriously. Another point for updating it now instead of holding off till midlife facelift. Low sales and serious competition would ensure they don't price it too high.
aa1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:09   #861
BHPian

Quote:
😀

PS: sorry mods I know I am not adding information. I couldn't hold back from sharing with this community which has been my go to place for authentic updates and information!
Congrats! You have added information and important one at that! And this is far more useful for potential buyers than people's opinions .

Do let us more as and when you have!
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:29   #862
Senior - BHPian

So with Tata confirming that the Harrier BS6 will indeed come with 17 inch wheels, the last of what I had predicted has turned out to be true.

Even though Tata had showcased the Harrier with 18 inch wheels at the Geneva Show back in March 2019, I had been repeatedly saying that the production version will still get the 17 inchers.

I sincerely hope to keep bringing such exclusive scoops to you fellow bhpians from time to time.

And heartiest congratulations to ihrishi for being probably the first bhpian to have booked the Harrier even before going for a TD or knowing the prices. Just goes on to show how Tata had messed up the original Harrier as far as features were concerned.
ram87pune is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 19:32   #863
Senior - BHPian

The new Tata Harrier : Full Reveal Video

Panoramic Sunroof, Automatic Transmission, New ORVMs, 17 inch alloys, Powered Driver seat, Power upped to 170 BHP all confirmed.

Last edited by coolkurt : 3rd February 2020 at 19:35.
coolkurt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:42   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Considering that the Hyundai 4AT in the Grand i10 is too slow and Creta 6AT doesn't distinguish itself either, I wouldn't keep my hopes high (enthusiastic driving in mind).
Isn't the autobox from the Tucson? I have driven the Tucson and i found the Autobox pretty decent. Nothing extraordinary, but it's nice. Atleast better than the 9 speed in the compass. Honestly, the 9 speed doesn't do justice to the awesome handling and engine combo that the Compass offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I am not sure about others but I won't spend 25 lacs on road for a tata product.
Fine, good for you, your choice. I certainly would.

Last edited by SaiSW : 3rd February 2020 at 22:46.
SaiSW is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 01:55   #865
BANNED

Rsuhlane guys came up with more pictures of the new Harrier:

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors1.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors2.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors3.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors4.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors5.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors6.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors7.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors8.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors10.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors11.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors12.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6exteriors13.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors1.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors2.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors3.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors4.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors5.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors6.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors7.jpg
Tata Harrier : Official Review-2020tataharrierbs6interiors8.jpg

Link
wheelguy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 02:21   #866
Senior - BHPian

That scuff plate saying Land Rover pedigree... Cringe! Really hope it's an optional add on.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 05:27   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Well said buddy. It is because of folks like us that Chinese, Japanese and Korean auto makers are laughing their way to the bank!

If we continue to be apprehensive about our home grown manufacturers, soon there will be a day when all our mobility needs will be in the hands of foreign brands. Yes, we do get to walk around with pompousness and pat ourselves on the back for having spent our 25L well but then we should not complain about the consequences in the form inflation etc. as the money just goes outside. Are we ready for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post

Fine, good for you, your choice. I certainly would.
  1. I am all in for the homegrown manufacturers but then they have to match the quality levels of the competition. When I am spending my money what I want is the best I can get. I don't care whether it's Hyundai, Tata or VW.
  2. Just because it's an Indian manufacturer why should I buy a product that doesn't provide me the same value for money and peace of mind.
  3. There is a certain reason why I will not spend 25 lacs on this product. If I am spending 25 lacs then there are better options available and more important is the niggle free experience that tata motors lack.
  4. Price is a very important factor. At a certain price, you are comparing the product to Seltos, Creta etc. but when it is increased by 3-4 lacs then it hits the next segment of cars.
  5. It is not just the product but the overall experience that is required for a 25 lac rupee product to sell. I was just reading about a fellow bhpian's experience when he got a repaired harrier delivered. Compare to that of Hyundai which offers a near fuss-free experience.
  6. Another one was a hexa owners plight where the car was at the service center for more days than with the person who owned it.
  7. There is no GNCAP rating
  8. Products like Tucson, Jeep Compass are there in the 25 lac category where the fit and finish is much better.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 07:32   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
That scuff plate saying Land Rover pedigree... Cringe! Really hope it's an optional add on.
Scuff plate is part of the accessories list, fortunately.
thetank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 07:43   #869
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Another one was a hexa owners plight where the car was at the service center for more days than with the person who owned it.
Is there some setting in your team-bhp account where you could read only about this one Hexa and not the 100 others that haven't had even a niggle? My 47k kms run XTA had only a change of tyre and a few punctures. You can find my posts on the hexa thread.

Please don't look at things from an already set mindset. Research the both sides and come to a conclusion. If this is not for you so be it. Buy something else. There are more niggles for the Innova compared to the Hexa. Does it make it any less? Its a great car.

This new Harrier is the most stunning car I have seen in the last 4-5 years. I am sure all the issues are sorted out and the greatest thing is that Tata is listening.

I am already ready to predict this as our Team-BHP Car of the Year 2020.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 08:02   #870
BHPian

Quote:
  1. When I am spending my money what I want is the best I can get. I don't care whether it's Hyundai, Tata or VW.
  2. Just because it's an Indian manufacturer - - value for money and peace of mind.
  3. There is a certain reason why I will not spend 25 lacs on this product. If I am - -
  4. when it is increased by 3-4 lacs then it hits the next segment of cars.
  5. It is - - fuss-free experience.
  6. Another - - it.
  7. There is no GNCAP rating
  8. Products - - better.
1. You should go for what suits you the most, when you are spending your hard earned money, no one is disputing that.
2. If TASS has a bad reputation in your area and you feel you wouldn't have peace of mind, then there's nothing wrong with you avoiding it. There are two dealers in my district and one of them has a good reputation, so i don't have much of an issue.
3. Again, that is subjective, isn't it? As i said before if TASS is not looking great in your area, then you have complete freedom to ignore them. The Compass also had a freezing touchscreen issue like the initial batch of Harriers but i don't see it being brought up as much.
4. Implying there is something wrong with that? The diesel harrier provides way more features than the creta and compared to the seltos, it has a bigger engine and also has a lot more space. Obviously i haven't TD the new Harrier, but on paper stats alone, provided on road for the automatic top end is below 25 lacs, i cant see a better car as far as i am concerned.
5. Having multiple Hyundais in my extended family, i am not too sure about the famed after sales reputation they enjoy, of course as i said about TASS above, hyundai service might be a lot better in your area
6. If you're referring to TROOPER's Hexa, then yes. Tata deserves complete blame for that. They are a lot more improved from maybe a decade ago, but it's uneven. Also, you are forming your opinion about their after sales based on one Hexa's issue and ignoring a 100 hexas that faced no problem, like a fellow member mentioned a couple of posts above. I could quote 10 or even more instances of hyundai after sales engaging in shady practices, would you change your view about hyundai based on that?
7. Completely justified, i hope it gets 5 stars and completes the safety family of Tata.
8. I could quote some areas where the cars you mentioned fall short. Also, how do you know the fit and finish of a car that hasn't even hit dealerships yet is inferior?
Besides, you mentioned having a fuss free experience, and i dont think jeep after sales is the first word that comes to the mind, is it?

Last edited by SaiSW : 4th February 2020 at 08:18.
SaiSW is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed