Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
413,863 views
Old 4th June 2023, 22:07   #196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Yesterday I booked a WagonR Zxi5MT at Varun Motors Kukatpally Hyderabad. I asked the sales guy about the HSRP plates and he was clueless and just mumbled and fumbled. I have a Baleno for which the dealership had arranged the HSRP. I had to go to the RTO and there was the number plate which a guy fixed it immediately.

So I am confused as to what the procedure is? Do new cars come with HSRP or do we have to get it later from the RTO?

TIA
ksakotai is offline  
Old 11th June 2023, 13:33   #197
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: MH02
Posts: 71
Thanked: 72 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
Yesterday I booked a WagonR Zxi5MT at Varun Motors Kukatpally Hyderabad. I asked the sales guy about the HSRP plates and he was clueless and just mumbled and fumbled. I have a Baleno for which the dealership had arranged the HSRP. I had to go to the RTO and there was the number plate which a guy fixed it immediately.

So I am confused as to what the procedure is? Do new cars come with HSRP or do we have to get it later from the RTO?

TIA
Did you also get the HSRP sticker or only the plates?
In Maharashtra, we are getting the HSRP sticker & plates since 2021
dvl666 is offline  
Old 12th June 2023, 21:52   #198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Wonder of wonders. This feature deletion and addition is getting tiresome. I took delivery of zxi plus model today. Car is of May 2023 make. Rear defogger has been deleted and traction control switch added. Though whether this is a dummy switch I can't say. Pressing it brings up no icon on the display
HONESTabdul is offline  
Old 26th June 2023, 17:00   #199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 90
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
Did you also get the HSRP sticker or only the plates?
In Maharashtra, we are getting the HSRP sticker & plates since 2021
No it does not mention HSRP sticker. It seems I have to got the RTO to collect it myself, though they did the paperwork for it.
ksakotai is offline  
Old 27th June 2023, 17:58   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: MH02
Posts: 71
Thanked: 72 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
No it does not mention HSRP sticker. It seems I have to got the RTO to collect it myself, though they did the paperwork for it.
Strange. Here the dealers do everything including getting the HSRP (3 parts).
Its not online in Maharashtra.
dvl666 is offline  
Old 11th August 2023, 14:01   #201
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Hello,

Could someone please clarify on the following (w.r.t. ZXI Plus AGS):

1. Can we disable the Idle Start/Stop functionality - perhaps using the OBD scanner at the Maruti A.S.S.?

2. Can we disable the stupid rear seat belt reminder that keeps chiming even when no passengers are seated at the rear (again hoping it is a setting available on the OBD scanner)

3. The 2 reverse parking sensors seem inadequate - one from covering the corner side of the bumpers and the other being not being able to detect people walking by. So, any inputs on installing additional aftermarket ones - doesn't look like there are much better aftermarket ones Or Can the OEM sensors of Swift that come in 4 sensors, be installed on to Wagon R.
styx71 is offline  
Old 11th August 2023, 14:50   #202
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,823
Thanked: 17,549 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Could someone please clarify on the following (w.r.t. ZXI Plus AGS):
1. Can we disable the Idle Start/Stop functionality - perhaps using the OBD scanner at the Maruti A.S.S.?
2. Can we disable the stupid rear seat belt reminder that keeps chiming even when no passengers are seated at the rear (again hoping it is a setting available on the OBD scanner)
Chances of this happening are nearly 0. The entry level cars while equipped with OBD2 port, don't come with programmable BCMs / ECUs that can be customized with on/off flags for features/properties. Not everyone provides robust software suite like VW Cars .
Mostly the SCs will decline doing this anyway. They usually use the OBDII ports to read / clear error codes generated and to flash software updates at best.

You'll have to live with the auto-start-stop, and disable it manually every time. Or do some elaborate programming and automation circuit into that existing harness & circuit, to automate the disabling of that feature on ignition (I'd anyway suggest against this for risks of malfunction).

As for the rear seat belt - while illegal - its I think logical to put seat-belt buckles into the latches to avoid the chime. Those sitting in the rear - should be responsible to remove them, and buckle up actual seat belt when in the car. This way - at least you don't have to reach to the back. Of course - those passengers will have to also remember to put the dummies back into latches, when getting out of the car. So anyway pretty poor experience. Hats off to Maruti as usual - for cutting costs with no shame at all. How much does a seat occupancy weight sensor cost! Add it - we'll pay for it. Currently - Maruti is literally pushing buyers to buy those seat-belt sensor cheat buckles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
3. The 2 reverse parking sensors seem inadequate - one from covering the corner side of the bumpers and the other being not being able to detect people walking by. So, any inputs on installing additional aftermarket ones - doesn't look like there are much better aftermarket ones Or Can the OEM sensors of Swift that come in 4 sensors, be installed on to Wagon R.
Retrofitting the sensors won't be a big issue - the problem will be whether your existing display supports inputs of 2 more sensors or not, if you do the wiring. The sensor controller module needs to have those extra input ports as well. If the WagonR like many other Marutis - has a "dumb" reverse sensor, that just generates audio warning, and no real visual feedback anywhere on the screen, adding 2 more might just be possible if the controller has inputs (and outputs) available. Or - maybe adding 2 more in parallel with wire taps may also work. But will have to be tried.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th August 2023 at 14:51.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 10:57   #203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Thanks @Reinhard

I will try checking with the A.S.S on the feasibility of adding 2 more OEM parking sensors

Any thoughts on the aftermarket ones. I am also thinking of the option of retaining the OEM ones and adding an aftermarket one as well - might end up having to different set of sensors beeping at the same time. Also, any idea if the effectiveness of these depend on the size of the sensors or is it the quality. One some of the aftermarket ones on sale on AliExpress I see the size mentioned as 22 mm (wonder what is the significance). Online reviews on AliExpress and Amazon.com seem to be of mixed opinions, so trying to figure out which aftermarket ones would be a better option.
styx71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:03   #204
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: MH02
Posts: 71
Thanked: 72 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

We have been using the 2020 Zxi 1.2 AGS and its the perfect city car.
We have even taken it on highways when needed and its supported our journey quite well.

Off late, past over a month, the digital instrument cluster is giving issues.
It started with flickering as shown in this video. link

Now off late, the display comes when half ignition is done and then fades away. (video link)
In case we start the car before it fades away, it still goes away on starting the car.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong and how I can fix this?
I intend to go to the SC and find out too but a heads up would be helpful.

Thank you.
dvl666 is offline  
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:34   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hello,

Could someone please clarify on the following (w.r.t. ZXI Plus AGS):

1. Can we disable the Idle Start/Stop functionality - perhaps using the OBD scanner at the Maruti A.S.S.?

2. Can we disable the stupid rear seat belt reminder that keeps chiming even when no passengers are seated at the rear (again hoping it is a setting available on the OBD scanner)

3. The 2 reverse parking sensors seem inadequate - one from covering the corner side of the bumpers and the other being not being able to detect people walking by. So, any inputs on installing additional aftermarket ones - doesn't look like there are much better aftermarket ones Or Can the OEM sensors of Swift that come in 4 sensors, be installed on to Wagon R.
Re:2- I feel your pain. I had no idea that the buzzer would sound even if the seat was unoccupied. After installing aftermarket seat covers the shop guy had released the belts . Later I just could not figure out why the buzzer was sounding when I was driving alone.
HONESTabdul is offline  
Old 2nd September 2023, 20:43   #206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Durgapur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
We have been using the 2020 Zxi 1.2 AGS and its the perfect city car.
We have even taken it on highways when needed and its supported our journey quite well.

Off late, past over a month, the digital instrument cluster is giving issues.
It started with flickering as shown in this video. link


Now off late, the display comes when half ignition is done and then fades away. (video link)
In case we start the car before it fades away, it still goes away on starting the car.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong and how I can fix this?
I intend to go to the SC and find out too but a heads up would be helpful.

Thank you.
I had a similar experience with my old generation waggy (2011 make). Turned out the fault was in the meter console. Had to replace the entire console. Luckily I could source one from a total loss car in the ASS. Otherwise it would have cost me a lot. But since it's maruti even a lot isn't really a lot.
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 11:47   #207
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2
Thanked: 7 Times
Buying my first new car after owning two used 15 year old Hyundai cars

Hi Team BHPians,

I am Soumyajit, 24, from Kolkata. As a motorhead, I had an affinity for cars since I was a kid. I always asked my parents for something after my exam results and that would mostly include a new car collection. My parents did their best to get me the ones I wanted every time. As I grew older, I wanted to drive my father's Alto but was denied. I always wanted to own a car and had made up my mind to get one when I start working.

I Completed my B. Tech in 2021, and in November of that year, I got my driver's license. I had my father's dzire but practicing in a new car won't be a good idea. So I started looking for used cars, I already had in mind that after completing two years in my Job, I would get myself a new car. So, I wanted to brush up on my driving and for that, a car under a lakh would best suit me.

After speaking to a local garage, I found a Hyundai Getz GLS 2006, with 76000kms on the odo, which had been sitting there for a year, was quoted 50000 and I got it at 45000 rupees. The car looked nice but It started to give me trouble and I could hardly drive it for 500 km. The engine had been opened and I was not informed about it. Realizing it was time to let it go, I was looking for another buy.

Meanwhile, I saw a neighbor selling off his 2007 Santro Xing, with a lac km on the Odo, got it checked by a local mechanic and he said it was fine. I bought it for Rs.72000. It ran fine for 1000 kms and started to give trouble. The fuel pump was faulty, the choke sensor was cracked. By then I had just completed 2 years in my Job and was determined to get myself a new car I always wanted to buy.

In April 2023, I was looking for a car under 7 lacs as that was my budget, and the max I could get in an EMI. Had a discussion with my father and he strictly pushed me to get a Maruti. I tried to convince him for a Tata Punch for its safety but he was not ready for that trial.

Went to the dealership and booked a WagonR Vxi 1.0. The experience was kind of okay and will share that in another thread. It is really a good car. Has all the necessary features. I need to get a rear parking camera though. Parents really love the easy ingress-egress. The car really does the job pretty well from office back home and small weekend trips in the city. In 6 months I covered 3500 kms and my impressions are-

1. The 1.0 engine does the job pretty well, although a 1.2 would be fun to drive.
2. It is really spacious, the large windows make it feel quite roomy, the view from the driver's seat is excellent and 3 average adults can fit in the rear seats.
3. The boot can put some sedans to shame, at 341 liters, it is spacious for a long trip too.
4. The suspension is a little bouncy and at higher speeds it does seep into the cabin.
5. Not much space to keep your paraphernalia although all four doors have bottle holders and two cupholders in the front.

I have attached a few pics from the day of delivery.
That was all folks.
Thanks a lot for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231108-11.43.04-am.jpeg  

Guywithawagonr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 21:24   #208
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2
Thanked: 7 Times
How I got looted in a Maruti Dealership

Dear fellow BHPians,

I visited the Jyote Motors Bengal showroom in Kamalgazi back in April '23. My father and I were greeted well. I checked out the Alto K10, Spresso, WagonR (Was not on my list because of the looks, but the representative insisted on checking it once as we are over 5 10 in height. ). So we took a test drive and my father was really impressed with the car. So we decided to book the car on the day of Akshay Tritiya and it was two days later so we got the quote with us. It was the nearest dealership and it was a new one so we trusted them and the booking was done.

Now Comes the part where I was looted.

I had exchanged my Santro for which they quoted 40,000. My father was not happy with the price, then their lead showed us some good offers.

The discount offered by Maruti on the WagonR was 30,000 but the dealership offered me 40,000.

The exchange bonus was 15,000.

The final price of my Santro quoted on negotiation was 55,000.

I got a corporate discount of 4000.

The Insurance amount on paper was 20,000, but the dealership quoted 30,000. On asking why there was such a high amount they informed me it was a discount that Maruti gives to customers who choose to insure their car from the dealership. Otherwise, they would give me a cash discount of 30000 only. And for that, they neutralized the amount to 40K.

I was tricked into paying the price for a BS6 Phase 2 car while I was sold a Phase 1. Which I discovered a few months later and I was in such a shock.

The lack of transparency in their dealing made my heart break and my new car buying experience became not so good. But I had no option as the car was already registered in my name.

Clarity in dealings always sets the bar high.
Guywithawagonr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:42   #209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 260
Thanked: 568 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithawagonr View Post

4. The suspension is a little bouncy and at higher speeds it does seep into the cabin.
Suspension of Wagon R is actually quite soft. Did you check the tyre pressure post taking delivery as most often than not its over inflated leading to bouncy ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithawagonr View Post
Dear fellow BHPians,

I was tricked into paying the price for a BS6 Phase 2 car while I was sold a Phase 1. Which I discovered a few months later and I was in such a shock.

The lack of transparency in their dealing made my heart break and my new car buying experience became not so good. But I had no option as the car was already registered in my name.

Clarity in dealings always sets the bar high.
Customer is king till the time he has not made the payment. Its important to do all your due diligence including a PDI before registration and payment. And if possible try selling your car separately and not mix the buy and selling experience. You will get a much sweeter deal even without all that loyalty jazz.

Good thing is you got the car you wanted and its performing as per your liking. There are much bitter experiences shared by fellow bhpians and am sure you'll forget yours with the car doing its trouble free duty for years to come!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 22:33   #210
BHPian
 
Knightrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 331
Thanked: 924 Times
Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Hello BHPians,

We were on a look out for a 2nd car, which would be mostly driven within the city by my wife. So automatic was the main requirement, along with high seating for parents, and good visibility overall. The budget was set at 8L.

I explored the used car market for couple of months but none of the cars really ticked all the boxes. There was some compromise or the other. Plus the push by the family not to go for a used car. So we decided to go for a new car.

Cars considered:

Ignis: We couldn't convince ourselves about the looks of it. Otherwise is a very competent car. Also the colour we liked (Turquoise Blue) has been discontinued now.

Swift: We were almost ready to book Red Swift VXI. But felt it was too common on the roads and was going slightly over budget.

Grand i10 Nios: The seating was too low for my parents. That was a deal breaker.

Tiago: It is a good car, but looked small on the road. Plus, wanted to stay away from infamous niggles in a Tata car and the ASS.

WagonR: I always liked the big new WagonR. I feel it looks like a baby Bolero Neo or ScorpioN. Family members too liked it but were concerned with the Cab image it carries. But it otherwise satisfied all our requirements mentioned above.

I showed the videos of Black edition WagonR on YouTube to my family members and they too felt it was unique. Since black comes only in ZXI & ZXI+ variants, there are almost nil chances of it being seen as a cab as they do not come with CNG.

So with year-end discounts kicking-in in December, I casually started checking with multiple dealers in the city for Black WagonR. Fortunately one of the dealers had Black ZXI in stock. I did not want ZXI+ as it came with black alloys. I like silver (contrast) wheels on a black car. We booked it immediately and did a basic PDI.

Since we wanted it to be unique on the road and as wife liked the Red Swift very much, I asked the dealer to paint the rear-spoiler and ORVMs in Fire Red shade of Swift. My SA was initially hesitant but I was confident that I wanted it that way. And here is the outcome:

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img202401051122392.jpg

On seeing this on road we have been approached by many asking if it is a newly launched special edition. Few said that they couldn't recognize that it was a WagonR in first glance. Even few cabbies and auto rickshaw drivers gave compliments.

Got the RTO formalities done and the car was delivered within a week on our wedding anniversary in December 2023. Got discounts of almost 40k which included cash discount + corporate discount + discount on insurance and accessories. Overall this ZXI variant costed around 8L on-road with all the accessories, perfectly in budget.

Likes:
- Head turner due to the unique colour.
- High seating - front & back.
- Good visiblility all around
- AMT is not so bad as I expected earlier. It is livable.
- Lot of space inside as well as good boot-space.

Dislikes:
- Those stupid seat-belt warning beeps for vacant rear seats.
- Idle auto-on/off function which is enabled by default each time the engine is started.
- No rear-washer, wiper, defogger even in ZXI variant.
- No driver seat height adjustments. (although the seats are little higher than other cars)
- Maruti-800 like air circulation knob.
- No adjustable head rests.


Added a red strip in the front bumper extender. Planning of few more accessories and mods. Will hopefully post it in the 'tastefully modified cars' thread then.

Couple of more pics:

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img202401051122232.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img202401031101392.jpg

Last edited by Knightrider : 5th January 2024 at 22:49.
Knightrider is offline   (5) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks