Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 20:45   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
But the mileage it never gave me above 13 KMPL. Want to hear from other Bhpians here.
Strange !! Mine too is 1.2 AMT manufactured in Sept 2019.
I consistently got 17+ pre-lockdown when traffic was the usual mess. Now I get 19+ as traffic is less.
Chewbacca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 21:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Strange !! Mine too is 1.2 AMT manufactured in Sept 2019.
I consistently got 17+ pre-lockdown when traffic was the usual mess. Now I get 19+ as traffic is less.
Really! We raised it during second service with the service center and they said they test and get back and asked to bring the car later. Since we drive it very sparingly, we never bothered to take it again and kept for next service.

We bought the car in May 2019 and it is FIL’s car, but I am the one who drive it mostly as he lost his interest in driving after purchase.
Old 17th August 2020, 14:58   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Why 1.0 Wagon R ?
I drove Celerio AMT and Wagon R 1.2 AMT back to back and did not find much difference in engine performance so decided to opt for 1.0 engine.

Quote:
NVH I felt Celerio better because we test drove Celerio, Amaze and Dzire when we picked up Dzire in Dec 2019.
I did not find much difference in NVH while test driving Wagon R 1.2 AMT and Celerio AMT. The drives were short so wanted an opinion from owners. You found NVH of Celerio better than Amaze and Dzire?

Test drove cousin's Grand i10 NIOS AMT yesterday and was blown away by overall refinement and driving pleasure. Its almost a lakh more than Celerio ZXI which I am contemplating but I am getting a better engine, much better feature list and a very good driving experience. Car buying is surly not easy nowadays.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:45   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

New WagonR with facelift Baleno's alloy wheels:

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img20200821wa0010.jpg

Looks a bit too much IMHO
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 14:17   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
New WagonR with facelift Baleno's alloy wheels:
Baleno has 16" wheels, Wagon R has 14", wouldn't this have issues with wheelwell scraping?
Old 21st August 2020, 15:34   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Baleno has 16" wheels, Wagon R has 14", wouldn't this have issues with wheelwell scraping?
Going by the thin sidewall, I think the overall dia has been kept same.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 21:09   #127
BHPian

Seems like Maruti has discontinued mentioning the trim (Lxi, Vxi, Zxi) on the back of all their vehicles. Seeing lot of new Wagon Rs with black door handles suggesting that Lxi variant is the hot favourite. Also noticing most mods on this variant.
Old 16th December 2020, 09:38   #128
BHPian

Recently saw Kia Soul's (2010 model) photo in second gen Wagon R thread (Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)). There is good amount of similarity between the two models in terms of design. The front facia of the existing Wagon R is vey similar to Kia Soul's 2010 model. It would be interesting to see if Kia introduces this model in India as there is good market for spacious and high seated hatchbacks here.

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-1280px2010_kia_soul_base.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-137446.jpg

Source
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:06   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I will check the tire pressure tomorrow.Thank you!!

Allow me to gush over maruti's forethought for a second. What a nice touch by Maruti .

It is very simple. It is a glorified phone cradle that slots into a hole on top of the music system. It is a push twist and it locks type of system. The hole in the music system has some kind of a spring that pushes against the stem of the holder to keep it snug. There is nothing much to it. It is a glorified phone holder. Aparently one can download some kind of an app and make your phone do all sorts of things. But honestly, I just wanted a phone stand where I can see who is calling me without having to pick up the phone.
Today I booked my Wagon R Vxi(o) 1.2 AGS. On questioning the dealer about phone cradle I am being told that it does not come from factory and has to be bought as a separate accessory. Wanted to know if thats true.
Old 28th December 2020, 23:01   #130
Senior - BHPian

I was in Vizag last week and got a chance to drive my brother's WagonR zxi 1.2 manual that had only 200 kms on the odo. I drove it for around 150 kms on the highway and around 40 kms in the city. Here's may take on it, after having owned the first-gen F10 WagonR for 17+ years:-
  • The car is far roomier than the first gen---both in the rear seats and in the boot. It could swallow 2 large international trip suitcases with ease. It is wider too. My left arm no longer brushed the front passenger's arm.
  • The gear shift is slick--which is a huge leap ahead from the rubbery gearshifts of the F10. Even the throws are short, and i found the shifts slicker than the Fiesta and Figo that I have. Kudos to MSIL for this.
  • The engine is super-refined. Even while standing outside, i found it hard to know if the engine was already on!
  • The dash and interiors are way ahead of the F10. The ICE is decent.
  • The headlights and throw were better than the first gen's.
  • The K12 was a gem of an engine on the highway--revvs like mad and gathers pace quickly. I could easily overtake F10s on the highway.
  • Lot of negatives have been said about road noise at higher speeds, but I did not face it.
  • The first refill at odo 188 kms (all in the city by my brother) gave an astounding FE of 19 kmpl! My F10 used to give 13 to 14 in Vizag city under similar driving conditions. Please note that AC was sparingly used as it is winter.
The only negatives i could recollect were the below:-
  • Low end torque was not as good as in the F10. I found my brother lugging the engine in 2nd and 3rd gears though the MID was suggesting a downshift, and i could sense the engine lugging. My brother was driving an F10 for 15+ years, and hence this old habit. To be in the power band, one needs to downshift, even with the K12. For example, if one is crossing a large speed-breaker, one can continue in 2nd gear, but there is a slight lull before it picks up. The lunge of the F10 is missing.
  • The biting point of the clutch was at an unusual spot. I ended up stalling the car when I wanted to lunge into the gap ahead. Same with my brother a couple of times. May need some adjustment to the biting point, I guess.
  • The AC cooled quicker in the F10.
  • Adjustable head rests in the F10 are shockingly absent in the K12.
  • The F10 had better knobs to fold the rear seats.
  • The rear seats do not recline like they do in the F10. Even the bed by joining the front and rear seats was missing.
  • The inert steering and body roll was similar to the older car.
Overall, I am mighty impressed with it. My brother is tall and well-built, so he could not find any other car that suited him. Hence his repeat purchase.

Last edited by vnabhi : 28th December 2020 at 23:12.
vnabhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 18:08   #131
BHPian

We were looking to buy a small car to keep in the Kodaikannal house since its a struggle to drive the big cars there especially with traffic during holidays. Our primary conditions were that it had to be low-cost, Automatic, safe & with high GC+headroom (We are all tall blokes). After test drives of Kwid & WagonR (didn't consider santro as it looks too small & too many Hyundai's at home already), we choose the latter as the Kwid AMT struggled on gear-shifts which we were worried would get worse in hill-stations. The WagonR AMT was much better & in fact felt like driving a mini-truck of sorts with the high seating position.

So we thought of taking advantage of year-end discounts but were surprised there was no stock of AMT in any of the dealerships. It appears that maruti has reduced capacity by doing maintenance at the factory ahead of the year end slump due to which there is no stock. At one end we hear, sales are down but the reality is that the cars which are in demand are not being produced enough which seems to be more a planning issue than customer demand by itself.

Anyway other than wagonR, realized none of the other cars are ideal beater cars with the kind of space & cost in the market which I think Hyundai missed to capitalize with the new Santro. Any other suggestions friends, otherwise I guess I'll have to wait & also miss the year-end discounts as well.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 18:23   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Any other suggestions friends, otherwise I guess I'll have to wait & also miss the year-end discounts as well.
You can take a look at Ignis AMT. The lower models are similarly priced as a top end WagonR. Same 1.2L engine and transmission means the performance would be the same but Ignis would handle better.

Few members have bought one recently and they have been offered good discounts.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:52   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
. It appears that maruti has reduced capacity by doing maintenance at the factory ahead of the year end slump due to which there is no stock. At one end we hear, sales are down but the reality is that the cars which are in demand are not being produced enough which seems to be more a planning issue than customer demand by itself.
I don't think Maruti reduced capacity or there was some year end maintenance. I ordered my Wagon R Vxi(O) 1.2 AGS on Dec 18th and dealer did not have it in stock. He insisted me on buying non optional variant which was available. On knowing that I was only interested in buying optional variant he placed an order the same day. On 22nd I received a message with VIN number of car ready at Maruti plant and on 25th the car arrived at dealer. So seems like Maruti plant was very much functional till end of Dec.

I did observe lot of booking requests for AMT cars(Maruti/Hyundai both) so there is a possibility that its in heavy demand leading to shortage. I would not be surprised to see very good sales for Wagon R in December when the team-bhp official month end car sales data is out.
Old 2nd January 2021, 12:29   #134
BHPian

Got my Wagon R Vxi(O) 1.2 AGS delivered on 30th December. Though its registered but still awaiting HSRP number plate and hence not driven it much. My initial observations and few pics of the beauty(yes I have come to like the design specially after buying).

1. Dealership experience was sub par. Was smelling arrogance in their tone due to high bookings they had been receiving in Dec.
2. Steering is unnecessarily hard. Observed during TD too.
3. Design is not as offending as some people suggest.
4. AMT disguises the character of 1.2 engine. Felt a similar feeling in Ignis. Tuning of 1.2 with AMT is better in Dzire.
5. Tachometer missing in 6.4 lakh car is clearly unacceptable.
6. Audio is very budget grade.
7. MGA accessories are overly expensive and dealer in no mood to give any discount. Quality is top notch though. Lot of people going for full cladding kit which costs around 18k.

Some pictures below.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20210101_19004001.jpeg  

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20210101_19155601.jpeg  

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20210101_19041301.jpeg  

Maverick Avi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:58   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Got my Wagon R Vxi(O) 1.2 AGS delivered on 30th December. Though its registered but still awaiting HSRP number plate and hence not driven it much.
Congratulations on the car! Wish you & your dear ones unlimited happy miles with the favourite hatchback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
5. Tachometer missing in 6.4 lakh car is clearly unacceptable.
6. Audio is very budget grade.
7. MGA accessories are overly expensive and dealer in no mood to give any discount. Quality is top notch though. Lot of people going for full cladding kit which costs around 18k.
Goes to show how terribly these car makers have diluted variants in cars in order to increase margins. My 2.5 year old ALTO K10 has the tachometer. A 1.2 WagonR surely deserved it.

Also - its a 1.2 VXi(O) - not some menial lower trim at lower cost. Yet it doesn't get tacho, fog lights and not even a rear wash+wipe. Its practically n LXi of some years ago. Why Maruti? Not happy with the consistent profits you enjoy? On the other hand we have the sensible Magnite - with rear wipe even in the base model. Goes to show what difference being an established brand makes!

18K for stuck on plastic bits? My god. I better set very high targets for my basic retirement pension. Things are going out of the roof everywhere!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks