Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 22:29   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

In a new WagonR LXI O model, if I fit an aftermarket music system and swap out the steering with that of the 1.2 model (for the steering controls), will it void warranty?
Old 12th October 2021, 08:00   #152
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at replacing my dad's 16 year old Swift Lxi with the Vxi 1.0. I have placed a booking for a Vxi manual 1.0 which I will be changing since it is not in the color we want and neither is it the (O) model which I prefer. Waiting for a test drive as well of the AGS gearbox to know how it feels.
The waiting period given is 45 days now without a fixed date. Does that sound right? The reason they gave was the chip shortage and of course this is the highest demand car in the market now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
In a new WagonR LXI O model, if I fit an aftermarket music system and swap out the steering with that of the 1.2 model (for the steering controls), will it void warranty?
Yes, it will. An aftermarket system is more than enough to void warranty.

Last edited by tharian : 12th October 2021 at 08:21.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 18:46   #153
BHPian

Hi,

We have driven our Wagon R 1.2L AMT for 11,000 km since July 2020.

Initially after 2nd service, the gearbox response and mileage was pathetic. Crazy downshifts & unnecessary up shifts made the drive very unpredictable.

Complained to the service center - sent the car back & they refuse to acknowledge tuning issue but from 12-14 kmpl the mileage now varies between 14 in city to 18 on highway.

Now again after the 3rd service the old problem has returned. Its like the city crawl tuning is set to default & keeps getting activated. Have to take the car back to service center to reset.

The AMT once tuned is quite slick and a pleasure to drive.
Old 12th November 2021, 00:34   #154
BHPian

Just look at this thin piece of metal bar offered as a front crash protection bar or dog bar offered in New WagonR.
Really Maruti, as if enough cost cutting was not done by you in interiors, it had to be applied in structural components as well!!!

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-20211112_001407.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 12th November 2021 at 00:35.
PraNeel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 00:44   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Just look at this thin piece of metal bar offered as a front crash protection bar or dog bar offered in New WagonR.
I am quite sure the bars on the frame of my bicycle was thicker than that superstructure.

Well, the outgoing model, though better than this, was no saint either.
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_0351.jpg
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 03:58   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Guess it's a trait of the smaller cars on Heartect Platform. Remember seeing such a flimsy bar on Ignis as well. It was so thin that I could push it inside with my finger.

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-20210308_164749.jpg

Cars like Swift and beyond have proper thick bars. While the heaviest bar(in Heartect world) is present in Ertiga/XL6.

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-screenshot_20211112035636_youtube.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 01:47   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am quite sure the bars on the frame of my bicycle was thicker than that superstructure.

Well, the outgoing model, though better than this, was no saint either.
Attachment 2231378
True. In the old WagonR the radiator is behind and there is a thick metal bar at the bottom. In the new WagonR the radiator is much more forward, the thick metal bar at the bottom gone and a thin piece of metal and lot of good luck wishes from Maruti.
I think they should start pasting "Good Luck" stickers as Easter eggs in their vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guess it's a trait of the smaller cars on Heartect Platform. Remember seeing such a flimsy bar on Ignis as well. It was so thin that I could push it inside with my finger.

Attachment 2231386
This is cost cutting in name of Heartect platform. A small shunt is good enough for a major damage. The new Dzire and Baleno don't give any sense of security while sitting in them.
The cars before hearect platform were not top notch in terms of build quality, but were reasonable.
I hardly see a swift, baleno, WagonR without body dings, dents and they look battered rather than being battle scarred.

Last edited by PraNeel : 13th November 2021 at 01:48.
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 10:09   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
What you'll like:

• Unbeatable practicality, with a value-for-money price tag
Last month picked up 5 new WagonR CNGs for use in my cab fleet.

Must say, back when I reviewed the car, this observation was spot on. Unbeateable VFM factor made me go for this car.

One the highway, I get 30+ km / kg of CNG. This was even lesser than my expectations! One of the cars has done 19,000 km and sending her for the 20k servicing today. All my drivers are happy with the car. I'm also making a log of maintenance as well as mileage of the cars, so if anyone wants it, I can keep sharing it here from time to time.

19k km in around 40 days.
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211218-9.17.18-am.jpeg
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 18:05   #159
BHPian

One year - 7000km update for Wagon R 1.2 Vxi AGS.

Today got my car serviced from Maruti Sevice Masters Naraina. Year by year the service experience/quality is getting worse. Wash quality is also below par now. Each time I go for service I have my fingers crossed.

3rd service is just oil and filter change which took 4 hours even when I was the 1st one to reach the center in morning. INR 175 charged for hygiene which just included driver side plastic seat cover not worth more than a rupee. Did see sterring covers on a few cars later on. Also noticed that their Ecstar branded oil mentions Shell too. The bill says Ecstar 0w16 Shell.

No matter what they poured but engine feels so much smoother and livelier after the 1st oil change. 1.2 engine didn't seem that eager due to AMT. It seemed that AMT is strangulating the engine. But things have changed for the better now and am quite happy wth it.

My last 5 months have been quite uneventful as car is used mainly for my office drive which is 90km daily. AMT is a bliss in day to day driving and I would not hesitate a bit in recommending it to anyone looking for a budget automatic. My fuel bills are always lower than my calculations with average since day 1 reflecting as 24.2kmpl.

I am quite satisfied with the purchase and the only sore points that come to my mind are weird steering and flimsy build.
Maverick Avi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:56   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
One year - 7000km update for Wagon R 1.2 Vxi AGS.

My last 5 months have been quite uneventful as car is used mainly for my office drive which is 90km daily. AMT is a bliss in day to day driving and I would not hesitate a bit in recommending it to anyone looking for a budget automatic. My fuel bills are always lower than my calculations with average since day 1 reflecting as 24.2kmpl.

I am quite satisfied with the purchase and the only sore points that come to my mind are weird steering and flimsy build.
I have a 2011 WagonR and looking to replace it. Surprisingly (or not), we are considering the latest WagonR iteration (amongst other cars). It would be great if you could respond to the below.

1. Does 1.2 AMT struggle in highway? Especially when all the seats are occupied?
2. Can it sustain ~100 km/h steadily without the occupants evoking a prayer or two?
3. Are the fixed headrests comfortable (front and rear)?
4. How strong is the AC? It has been a constant struggle for us with the AC controls in our car given the all year round summer that we experience - does it chill the cabin especially the rear seats?
Old 8th January 2022, 14:56   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post

1. Does 1.2 AMT struggle in highway? Especially when all the seats are occupied?
2. Can it sustain ~100 km/h steadily without the occupants evoking a prayer or two?
3. Are the fixed headrests comfortable (front and rear)?
4. How strong is the AC? It has been a constant struggle for us with the AC controls in our car given the all year round summer that we experience - does it chill the cabin especially the rear seats?
1. 1.2 engine doesn't feel strained at all. It can easily carry a full load. What needs to be learnt is overtaking maneuvers on single lane highways. In D mode even if the car is doing 80kmph and you slam down the accelerator pedal the AMT downshifts a gear and there is loud engine growl with little acceleration during the initial few seconds. So either you have to learn the art of gradually pressing the accelerator even is emergency situations which obviously cannot happen or overtake in M mode.
2. No issues doing 100kmph. There is road/tire noise though. Engine sound is not much as that 1.2 is a gem.
3. Never had anybody complain of headrest. Personally didn't feel any discomfort either.
4. A/c is sub par. If you not happy with A/c of 2011 Wagon R then the latest one would disappoint further.

If you can shell out a lakh more then Grand i10 Nios AMT is a much better option with class leading NVH, better gearshift quality and much better A/c. Only thing you sacrifice is fuel efficiency.
Maverick Avi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 18:05   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
4. A/c is sub par. If you not happy with A/c of 2011 Wagon R then the latest one would disappoint further.

If you can shell out a lakh more then Grand i10 Nios AMT is a much better option with class leading NVH, better gearshift quality and much better A/c. Only thing you sacrifice is fuel efficiency.
Thank you! The AC is a deal breaker then. A car with so much of glass needs a better AC.
I do have the i10 lined up for a TD with an eye on buying the Turbo variant (getting some discounts).
Old 8th January 2022, 20:02   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
I do have the i10 lined up for a TD with an eye on buying the Turbo variant (getting some discounts).
Great. You will definitely come back impressed then. It would also be a good upgrade. I personally loved the NVH, feature list and gear shift quality. I was torn between Wagon R and Nios and finally went for former due to ready availability at year end and lack of confidence in its AMT reliability. Haven't heard of many issues in this forum or elsewhere so seems like its a sorted unit.
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 13:06   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcos View Post
Guys, I need advise on what options do I have besides the WagonR CNG. I own a 2015 WagonR which I'm planning to replace with the latest model but after reading the Excellent review (thank you Blackwasp) and this thread I'm in a dilemma. I need a CNG car for city driving, average running per day is 80kms, i would've snapped up the WagonR without any 2nd thoughts had they offered it in the 1.2L CNG version. Even the colours offered in the CNG version are limited to White, Grey and Silver. I fail to understand Maruti's marketing strategy for their highest selling car :(
Hey Guys, Still driving the same 2015 WagonR. I’m revisiting this thread after 2.5 years, hope to get some advice for a worthy candidate to replace the WagonR
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:51   #165
GTN

Hello Bhpians,

This is my first post in the forum. And its about my New Wagon R Zxi 2022 1.2 ISS AGS. I have been following Team BHP for more than a decade and am now a member.

My previous ride was a 2004 Fiat Palio 1.2 and it had been rusting for the past three years in the basement. It cost me a lot in major repairs to clutch, gear box and miscellaneous electrical stuff before it started to die on me while driving in traffic. So, I parked it 3 years back and haven't used it since.

I needed a replacement and as per the BHP recommendation, I started looking for used cars. I live in Hyderabad and I couldn't find any decent cars for less than 4 lakhs and most were like more than 8 years old. It did not make sense going for a used car given the issues with odometer tampering and age related issues. I had to give up my pre-worshipped car dream and start looking at new cars. I am 43 now and though my heart still longs for a manual, my knees have been complaining for past few years and so, I decided to go for an automatic. I actually didn't consider too many cars before settling on the Wagon R. Only other option I considered was the Ignis.
Couple of things led me to finalize the Wagon. First, the space. The Wagon felt a lot more spacious and the boot was definitely much bigger. Secondly, the Wagon R got an Engine upgrade in March. It now comes with the new 1.2 KN engine with Idle Start Stop (ISS) and Hill hold assist. The Ignis did not receive this upgrade and the Nexa folks were not even sure it would in near future. Also it would have cost a little more than the Wagon.

So, Wagon R it was and I didn't spend much time shopping around for offers from different dealers either, as there weren't any (offers) on the Wagon R AGS model. I settled with Varun Motors which was the nearest Arena dealership. Did 3 test drives and was satisfied with the engine and AGS performance. Booked by paying Rs.1000 advance. Next day the sales guy called and said He can assign a Magma Grey Wagon R from the next shipment if I paid 20k advance. So I did. And in 2 weeks, I was collecting the New Grey Wagon R on a very hot evening after a 3 hour wait to clear up some issue with invoice and paperwork. The delivery experience was just about ok. After waiting for 3 hours in their showroom without proper air conditioning, I was glad to leave after the customary coconut breaking and taking a few pictures. I didn't even get the TR right away as there was an issue with their server and left without the TR number. They sent me the TR copy later in the evening. Accessories I purchased are 1. The car cover 2. Fog lamps. Cost me ~ 5k.
The only things I received in the name of freebies were the ribbon and balloons tied to the car and a box of chocolates.
I drove straight to the nearest (HP) petrol pump and filled up the tank. It took 30.4 litres to the auto cutoff. And I just drove home. Still haven't done the puja as I am waiting to do it on day of Ugadi festival.
I wanted to post after running the car for a few hundred km but couldn't wait . I will post updates as I run the car in and do some long drives.

Some pictures below:

Caption 1: My Wagon R in the dealership stockyard, before delivery. Ugg!!

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5946.jpg

Caption 2: New Engine and ISS
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5947.jpg

Caption 3: Dressed up for delivery.
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5987.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5988.jpg

Caption 4: Complimentary chocolate box.
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5990.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img5992.jpg
GTN is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com