Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2022, 19:23   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTN View Post
Accessories I purchased are 1. The car cover 2. Fog lamps. Cost me ~ 5k.
Which fog lamps? Do you mean you changed the bulbs?
My 2020 Zxi Automatic has fog lamps so just trying to understand whats changed.
dvl666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 11:44   #167
GTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
Which fog lamps? Do you mean you changed the bulbs?
My 2020 Zxi Automatic has fog lamps so just trying to understand whats changed.
I guess Mauruti Suzuki has downgraded the Zxi model . But the ex-showroom price has gone up. 2022 Zxi AGS doesn't come with foglamps, tachometer and the turn indicators on sideview mirrors. You have to shell out extra and get the Zxi plus for these and other features like touch screen infotainment, rearview camera, rear wiper & defogger etc. I had to go for Zxi as MS doesn't provide AGS in Vxi any longer . Wagon R is no longer a budget hatch, as the top end Zxi plus is ~ 8.4 lacs on road in Hyderabad.

I could've bought old stock zxi or vxi ags, but I wanted the new 1.2 KN engine with ISS and hill hold assist which are not available in the previous versions.
GTN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 06:54   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
One year - 7000km update for Wagon R 1.2 Vxi AGS.

I am quite satisfied with the purchase and the only sore points that come to my mind are weird steering and flimsy build.
The AMT is a good piece of technology by Magneto Marelli. In spite of all the criticism it has actually brought down the cost if ownership of Automatic cars and also made automatic a household phenomenon.

Also though Maruti cars are blamed for not that good fit and finish, however they age far better than other cars. You just see a 10 year old i10 and a 10+ year old Alto or a Swift. You will get what I say. The fit and finish does last you decades and remain mostly the same. No beige plain dual colors do look good after decades.
harbinder_s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 14:04   #169
GTN

Quote:
I settled with Varun Motors which was the nearest Arena dealership. Did 3 test drives and was satisfied with the engine and AGS performance. Booked by paying Rs.1000 advance. Next day the sales guy called and said He can assign a Magma Grey Wagon R from the next shipment if I paid 20k advance. So I did. And in 2 weeks, I was collecting the New Grey Wagon R on a very hot evening after a 3 hour wait to clear up some issue with invoice and paperwork. The delivery experience was just about ok. After waiting for 3 hours in their showroom without proper air conditioning, I was glad to leave after the customary coconut breaking and taking a few pictures. I didn't even get the TR right away as there was an issue with their server and left without the TR number. They sent me the TR copy later in the evening. Accessories I purchased are 1. The car cover 2. Fog lamps. Cost me ~ 5k.
The only things I received in the name of freebies were the ribbon and balloons tied to the car and a box of chocolates.
It seems Car dealerships keep an eye on Team BHP forums for (-ve) feedback about their showrooms.

I received multiple calls from Varun motors executives offering apologies for the issues I faced during the delivery and they even mentioned my comments on this thread about the delivery experience. It looks like their IT team follows up on forums for any feedback about their dealership. They requested me to do something about the comments, but I said I couldn't remove my feedback. However, I promised to mention their follow up efforts and also any positive experiences in future, with regard to their service.

The initial sales experience was good. The Sales person I interacted with was happy to provide me 3 test drives and also explained all the features of the car, to the best of his knowledge. They always provided us with water bottles every time we were in the showroom and offered coffee/snacks etc. And they had HDFC desk in their office to process the loan quickly as well. Only fly in the ointment was their take it or leave it attitude when it came to Car insurance. And the delayed delivery was attributed to too many people taking their delivery on that particular day.

Last edited by GTN : 12th April 2022 at 14:19. Reason: spacing for improved readability
GTN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 15:20   #170
GTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinder_s View Post
Also though Maruti cars are blamed for not that good fit and finish, however they age far better than other cars. You just see a 10 year old i10 and a 10+ year old Alto or a Swift. You will get what I say. The fit and finish does last you decades and remain mostly the same. No beige plain dual colors do look good after decades.
+1 . I have seen more Zen Estillos and Wagon Rs in pristine condition than any other model (owing to their boxy design and all round visibility no doubt) and Swifts to a certain extent. I guess the paint quality of Maruti helps as well to maintain the looks over many years. But build quality (i.e., sheet metal/plastics ) of Maruti cars is definitely getting worse. First gen Swifts are definitely better built than the latest ones, in terms of sheet metal quality.
Old 13th April 2022, 18:02   #171
GTN

Quote:
One year - 7000km update for Wagon R 1.2 Vxi AGS.

Today got my car serviced from Maruti Sevice Masters Naraina. Year by year the service experience/quality is getting worse. Wash quality is also below par now. Each time I go for service I have my fingers crossed.
I have a question regarding the free services. My dealership is offering free pickup and drop for the first service. It's in 2 weeks time.

Should I opt for this or should I be present during the first service? Is there anything that needs to be checked by the owner during or after the service ? Would appreciate some advice on this matter.
Old 13th April 2022, 18:36   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question regarding the free services. My dealership is offering free pickup and drop for the first service. It's in 2 weeks time.

Should I opt for this or should I be present during the first service? Is there anything that needs to be checked by the owner during or after the service ? Would appreciate some advice on this matter.
First free service is just a 'checkup' of the whole car and a complimentary wash. There's nothing to done by the service center and the service itself won't take more than an hour.

If you are unavailable to take the car yourself, you can opt for this pick up and drop.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 23:44   #173
BHPian

Quote:

Personally, if given a choice I would not opt for the 1st service unless there is some issue I want to get fixed. But these days car manufacturers are so fussy about service timing when it comes to warranty claims that I have no choice but waste my time getting it done. Its just a wash and nothing else. If you have better things to do then opt for free pick/drop.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 08:33   #174
GTN

Quote:
Personally, if given a choice I would not opt for the 1st service unless there is some issue I want to get fixed. But these days car manufacturers are so fussy about service timing when it comes to warranty claims that I have no choice but waste my time getting it done. Its just a wash and nothing else. If you have better things to do then opt for free pick/drop.
Thank you Maverick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
First free service is just a 'checkup' of the whole car and a complimentary wash. There's nothing to done by the service center and the service itself won't take more than an hour.

If you are unavailable to take the car yourself, you can opt for this pick up and drop.
Thanks Ashis89. I guess I will go for the pick up and drop. Just hope they don't mess up the interiors.

Also, I have another question regarding the new car usage. Is it Ok to take a new car on highways/long drive ( 500+ km to and fro each) before getting the first oil change? Will it affect the running in process of the Engine.

My Wagon doesn't have a tachometer (even though it is a Zxi) . So, I can't keep an eye on the rpms but only on the speedo and use a light foot as much as possible. What is the max speed I can drive during this period before oil change?
Old 14th April 2022, 09:49   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I have another question regarding the new car usage. Is it Ok to take a new car on highways/long drive ( 500+ km to and fro each) before getting the first oil change? Will it affect the running in process of the Engine.
Yes, you can go on long drives without any adverse effect on the engine. I drove my car for 1200 kms just the day after its delivery.

Just follow these for the first ~1000 kms (or 2000 kms) - keep your speeds varying between 60kmph and 90kmph (in the top gear) and don't drive at the same speed for a long time.

Quote:
My Wagon doesn't have a tachometer (even though it is a Zxi) . So, I can't keep an eye on the rpms but only on the speedo and use a light foot as much as possible. What is the max speed I can drive during this period before oil change?
I am assuming yours is the 1.0L variant. Keep your speeds below 90kmph as much as possible (in the top gear). A short burst to 100 once in a while is okay. In the lower gears, use the engine noise to identify and upshift early but don't lug the engine.

Modern engines are well-engineered and don't require a detailed running-in process. Some precautions like the above are more than adequate.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th April 2022 at 09:51.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 11:32   #176
GTN

Quote:
Yes, you can go on long drives without any adverse effect on the engine. I drove my car for 1200 kms just the day after its delivery.
Wow! . I have done like 100 kms in 2 weeks in city. But will take it on a ~1200 km road trip after getting registered.

Quote:
I am assuming yours is the 1.0L variant. Keep your speeds below 90kmph as much as possible (in the top gear). A short burst to 100 once in a while is okay. In the lower gears, use the engine noise to identify and upshift early but don't lug the engine.
My Wagon is a 1.2 Zxi AGS(AMT). So, I won't be doing any gear shifting, other than using Manual mode for quick overtakes, if needed. But, I will keep these points in mind.
Old 17th April 2022, 19:44   #177
BHPian

Quote:

My Wagon is a 1.2 Zxi AGS(AMT). So, I won't be doing any gear shifting, other than using Manual mode for quick overtakes, if needed. But, I will keep these points in mind.
You need not worry about lack of tachometer in AMT as in D mode the car will take care of it. Just keep a light foot and you should be good. The trick with Maruti AMTs is to release the accelerator pedal at around 20, 30, 40 and 55 km/hr. The car will upshift at each pedal release. This makes the gear changes predictable and smoother.
Maverick Avi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:38   #178

My FIL is getting Wagon R LXI 1L MT. I'm not sure if I can fit in an official Maruti infotainment system with Android auto, is this possible by getting this from boodmo?

If not please drop in some suggestions of infotainment systems.
Old 16th July 2022, 09:30   #179
BHPian

I ordered the wagon R front viper set since my wipers were not cleaning that great. Ended up ordering 18"/16" bosch eco from amazon based on the bosch chart.

1) The wipers are good at cleaning but they are wrong size
2) It seems the 21/19 or 21/18 would have been the correct size.
3) Maruti ASC is not clearly stating what to do and the car ownership manual doesnt mention it.

Have fit these for now, they leave a small triangle at the bottom of the windshield between wipers like older cars. Will use these for now and get the correct size in the next change.

Has anyone replaced the read wiper? I think its a 12" wiper but if anyone has changed it and can advice what they ordered and how difficult was it to change?
dvl666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 17:41   #180

Just got back from the Maruti dealership, planning to buy a my 2nd Wagonr R 1.0 CNG. The LXI version costs 7.35L & VXI 7.85L (net on road cost), I was surprised as the pricing seems to have gone up substantially?

Does it make sense to go for the LXI version & do most of the aftermarket fittings on my own? Fittings like installing Xenon bulbs, fog lamp set, reverse parking aid, central locking system, 14" Alloy wheels (more on this below), Sony multimedia 6.95", Seat covers 10k, etc

The prices of each and every accessory seems to be 20-30% higher than what's available in the market (Bombay). The Alloy wheels are a whooping 28k+4k(labour)+720(gst on labour)=33k, I like the design of 14" alloys Maruti's selling but they are definitely not worth the price they are asking.

I need advise on which Accessories I should or shouldn't purchase from Maruti, should I get the rear power & central locking done by the Dealership?

Thanks
Narcos is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed