Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 14:49   #166
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
The new tyre size is 195/55/15 and will be similar in the Aspire and the Figo. I somehow find the new design better.
Haha. maybe I don't find it as cool because I just got my Figo a couple months back
Jokes aside, I really wish for the 15" 195 section!
Maybe, I'll keep the official alloy as an option when I decide to upgrade tyres/wheels.

Note from Support: Please type posts using full/proper words and avoid SMS language like 'cuz'.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th February 2020 at 15:45. Reason: Typos and grammar errors.
Old 12th March 2020, 12:27   #167
Senior - BHPian

Its been a little over 7 weeks since I took delivery of my BS4 Ford Figo TDCI ( Titanium). Due to the blockage of the road a Kalindi Kunj by the Anti CAA protesters, the traffic on the DND has become very heavy and the drive back from my office at Delhi Airport may take between 2.5 - 3 hours. As a result, both my cars have been confined to Noida and I generally take the Metro to work.

This has resulted in my doing just about 1100 Km on the Figo in the last 2 and a half months. My impression about the car and the purchase decision over the short period it has been with me.

The engine is a gem. The car begs for open roads and touches serious speeds in no tie at all. The suspension, EPS and the slick gearbox makes it a hoot to drive. Weaving in and out of traffic is a breeze. This is what we can call a "hot hatch" if you have such a product in the India market in the mass segment. The car is very fuel efficient and I have been averaging over 19 KPL.

The ICE lacks Android Auto but that is hardly a deal-breaker for me. I wanted the top end variant as it had 6 airbags and some other stuff like auto headlamps and wipers in addition to the auto dimming rear view mirror. However the same variant was not available either in the Figo or the Freestyle and I had to settle for the Titanium Variant of the Figo.

What I did get was a good deal. I got a 5 year warranty and a decent discount on what was always a very competitively priced car. The BS 6 version is not only more expensive but has a 3 year warranty of 5 years. Moreover a lot of features like the touch screen, rear windshield wiper, fog lamps etc have been deleted to keep the price increase within a limited range.

Over all I am very pleased with the car and my decision to buy the B4 version. I expect I will be putting in a lot more kms in the next few months and will keep updating my experience.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 13:51   #168
BHPian

My daily!

Figo 1.5 TDCI Titanium 2019.

Happy 1st birthday to my car. happily living with it. the car is Code-6 tuned and I'm amazed by the change of adding remap to the car. The diesel engine has become more silent, closed the EGR valve and improved throttle response. Black smoke produced when accelerating to its potential is not there anymore.

Pre-facelifted the rear end of the car. changed the bumper and taillights and internal impact-resisting components. loved the old bumper with character lines more than the facelifted one with black accents.

A few months back, upgraded the speakers to Focal ISC 165 Integration coaxials. quality of vocals are way better now but still, the FlyAudio unit doesn't push the speakers to its limit.

Cheerfully driving it as my daily commuter

Regards,
Joe.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-psx_20200427_1148411.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 14:04   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
My daily!

Figo 1.5 TDCI Titanium 2019.

The alloys are from freestyle? Did you swap it from the showroom itself? How much did the showroom guys charge for swapping?
Old 27th April 2020, 15:21   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The alloys are from freestyle? Did you swap it from the showroom itself? How much did the showroom guys charge for swapping?
Hi,

please see my post on the wheels swap.

Regards,
Joe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
Hey Neil,

I was searching for an upgrade from the day I bought the car, as my stock tyres (MRF ZVTV 175/65 r14) had heavy road noise above 100kmph. Recently I found out less driven stock wheels of FreeStyle and Figo Blu in town and I chose freestyle's rim because of it is .5J wider than the Figo Blu's wheel and its gun-metal finish suits with my car's silver colour.

And I swapped its wheels with FreeStyle's OEM wheels and mounted 195/55 r15 tyres. tyres are Apollo Alnac 4g as I got them for a fair price. Also, I've got a plan to change them with Hankook Ventus V12.

Bigger tyres improve handling as well as the stance of the car. Apollo offers great comfort and less road noise compared to my older MRF's.

Let's meet someday at Kochi

Regards,
Joseph.
joe_lightspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 17:42   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford to soon launch Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT 6speed Automatic

“FORD WILL SOON launch a new automatic version of its Figo hatchback. Different from the 123hp, 1,497cc Dragon petrol sold with a 6-speed automatic (or the earlier twin-clutch auto equipped 110hp, 1,499cc four-cylinder petrol), this one will come powered by the smaller 1.2 version of the Dragon engine.
Displacing 1,194cc and putting out 96hp at 6,500rpm, this engine makes a good amount
of power, especially for
a car the size of a Figo. Performance is healthy at
high engine speeds, and the 1.2 Dragon has a relatively strong mid-range. Where there is a bit of a power deficit is at low engine
speeds. Here, throttle responses are lazy and the engine takes its time to respond.
The good news is
that Ford’s 6-speed automatic, equipped with
a torque convertor, should complement the 1.2 petrol- powered Figo quite nicely.
A torque convertor firms up response at low engine speeds (by multiplying torque), and this should help the 1.2 Figo feel more responsive to a tap on
the throttle. The 6-speed automatic gearbox is also the same as the one on the EcoSport, and that means the Figo could also gets paddleshifters.
Expected to hit showrooms towards the end of August, the Ford Figo automatic is likely to be priced somewhere between Rs 8.0-8.3 lakh.“

Found this in the recent Autocar Magazine July 2020 edition
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-7fcff7eb8cd94940bf46d41f4bd03b83.png  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 20:05   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Hope this time Ford doesn't treat the auto variant like its some kind of super secret project that no one should know about

Glad to see the AT variant back, sad to see the 1.5L Dragon being replaced.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 20:13   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Hope this time Ford doesn't treat the auto variant like its some kind of super secret project that no one should know about
If Ford wants the Figo to survive they will have to market this well. Truly sad the 1.5L dragon went unnoticed, it was a pocket rocket in that guise but Ford killed it

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2020 at 12:05. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 08:11   #174

Hello Tbhp

We recently took delivery of BS6 Ford Figo Titanium Blu 1.5 TDCI, probably from the first batch of BS6 Blu variant.

We booked the car on 17/02/2020 on the very same day of official announcement and got delivered on 24/06/2020 which is a full 4 months.

Not a pleasant experience, exhausted with a lot a calls and mails to customer service and dealership.

But happy with the car. Looks great to me(subjective) and loved the steering feedback.
Old 7th July 2020, 10:57   #175
BANNED

Smooth petrol engine - Check!
Decent build quality - Check!
Proper automatic with well spaced ratios (6 speed) - Check!
Easy to maintain - Check!

Yes the 1.2 Dragon is no K12 or Kappa2 in terms of refinement but still is very competent. Now, with a 6-speed torque converter autobox it is a combination that is hard to ignore - especially for ones who are looking for a car to do city run-abouts. Now all that is needed is good pricing and proper advertising of the AT variant being available. Hoping that Ford offers the same on the Aspire as well.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 11:19   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
This sounds exciting to me. While the 1.5Dragon AT was excellent performer, it has a drinking problem. May be okay when traffic is sparse or on a highway but in a b2b traffic numbers were abysmal. Hoping this will be priced sensibly and also comes with Blu edition.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 16:41   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This sounds exciting to me. While the 1.5Dragon AT was excellent performer, it has a drinking problem. May be okay when traffic is sparse or on a highway but in a b2b traffic numbers were abysmal. Hoping this will be priced sensibly and also comes with Blu edition.
Mine gives me double digit FE all the time, usage is around 30% city commute and 70% on the open highway! Not bad for 121bhp with Torque converter auto if you ask me It does drink a lot on the Ecosport though.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 17:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Mine gives me double digit FE all the time, usage is around 30% city commute and 70% on the open highway! Not bad for 121bhp with Torque converter auto if you ask me It does drink a lot on the Ecosport though.
On open highway/sparse traffic the figures are respectable, even the ecosport manages 13.xx. I believe the larger motor might actually outperform the 1.2 on highway including FE. But come B2B traffic, its a guzzler. I have seen figures of 5.xx on ecosport, well sounds less scary when you see a Kwid returning 9-10KMPL in same situation.
Old 9th July 2020, 14:20   #179
BHPian

I am wondering if the prices for freestyle or figo justified when compared with market. Specially if you look at tata, its safety is high in terms of ncap for tiago, tigor, or altroz and their interiors/features appear to be better for their mid variants considering the price. I get altroz XM or tigor XM with necessary features for a price of about 7.5 L OTR Bangalore. But figo trend costs around 7.5L and apparently, trend does not even get central locking. Interiors are also good only for top trim which again costs about 8.5L OTR and does not get ARP or stability control.

Being someone who would love to own a ford, I am wondering if it will be a sensible choice. Hope someone here uplifts the spirit as to what makes it worthy for the price range for trend variant.
Old 11th July 2020, 13:06   #180
BHPian

Hello,

There has been a price increase in all the variants of Ford Figo, Freestyle & Aspire.
Petrol variants have been increased by ₹10,000
Diesel variants by a whopping ₹30,000

With the feature deletions (Sync 3 in Aspire, Freestyle) during a BS-6 update, they had decreased the price of Freestyle. But now they have increased it, and for diesel buyers it would turn out to be almost an increase of ₹40,000 on road.

I was dead set on getting myself a Freestyle Diesel, even though my running would suggest I would save a lot of money by getting a Petrol. But for that engine I was ready to shell out extra. But now, the difference between petrol & diesel is way too much (90k before, 120k now in ex-showroom). Skoda Rapid Rider makes much more sense to me now or the upcoming Ford Figo AT?

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks