Team-BHP - 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/209896-2019-ford-figo-facelift-official-review-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijay.sundar (Post 4602961)
Test drive vehicles for Figo 1.5 AT is still not available in Chennai but I had a chance to try the same engine+gearbox in the Aspire this afternoon. My short review is at the Aspire's thread here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4602964

In summary,

The Engine+Gearbox was disappointing and I did not have much fun driving the car, never mind redlining it.

Maybe that is the reason why Ford isnt pushing it much in their marketing?

Had the chance to test drive Ecosport AT and experience was satisfactory. Wondering why the same engine-transmission combination should disappoint in a smaller and lighter vehicle. Has Ford made further changes?

Would appreciate if some owner of AT may share his experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaXal (Post 4609187)
At present, Ford after sales service is just awesome & dirt cheap. For my city (Kolkata), I can rate it higher than all, including Maruti.

Which Ford service center you go to at Kolkata? I am curious because my experience with Kaikan Ford is pathetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kousikjana (Post 4625767)
Which Ford service center you go to at Kolkata? I am curious because my experience with Kaikan Ford is pathetic.

Khaikan was poor since long, specially their outlet at AirPort NH34.

Saini Ford & Ganges are good. Ganges has the best rating. Ganges is located near Science City at Topsia where as the Saini Ford workshop is located behind Metro Cash n Carry.

Call them before going, Saini is supposed to close operations to shift to Kia.

Thanks.

All,
When was the Figo A.T. upgraded from DCT to TC in India?
There is one Ford dealer who is trying to sell Figo A.T. manufactured in 2018 to me.
They say, it has T.C. but I couldnt find any such news or article stating the change in Automatic transmission in Figo.

I didnt get test drive of the same model, but they let me do a test drive on 2018 Ecosport A.T. since it had T.C. transmission.
The T.D. was short (5 mins) and the gearshifts were ok. I could feel the transmission working but were not irritating. At the time of downshifts, the engine would rev a little bit without an accelarator input. Dont know why but was certainly unexpected.
The engine is fantastic but I am not sure about the fuel economy figures.
Also the Sales person is not very open about the details reagarding service cost and availabilty of parts for A.T.
Should I go for Figo A.T. if it has T.C. transmission?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelogue (Post 4628524)
All,
There is one Ford dealer who is trying to sell Figo A.T. manufactured in 2018 to me.

The TC automatic was launched along with the facelift hardly 3-4 months back, definitely not in 2018.

Edit : It was launched on 15 March, 2019.
The dealer for sure is lying to you and the car in question is a DCT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelogue (Post 4628524)
All,
They say, it has T.C. but I couldnt find any such news or article stating the change in Automatic transmission in Figo.

The TC auto came in with the 3 pot 1.5 Dragon engine. Oct 2018 for the Aspire, Mar 2019 for the Figo. No AT on the Freestyle.

Ask for VIN. Or count number of cylinders. (The 3 pot Ecoboost did not have an auto option).

Regards
Sutripta

PS - What is Ahmedabad traffic like? Like Bangalore?

Completed first month with our Figo. The Car has done around 900 Km. Unique Ford has not provided the Manual for car even after a month inspite of reminding them. Will share th pictures of our recent day trip to nearby hill. The seatbelt warning is on since few days. I have not got any communication from Ford regarding recent recall due to Faulty Wiring Harness. Overall the experience of owning has been good and driving dynamics are great.

Sharing few pictures of our car

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190813_105706.jpg

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190813_105907.jpg

Here are some pictures of our Ford Figo Titanium Diesel. We had visited Dandoba Hill off Ratnagiri Nagpur Highway near Miraj.

The overall fuel economy shown on MID is 14.1 kmpl.

Hi Folks - Quick question - i am looking for the Sync3 system. While it is not a deal breaker, i would prefer Google Maps to be thrown on to the infotainment screen. Can it be fitted as an accessory ? Should i look at changing the infotainment unit to a one which has Android Auto/Apple Carplay unit ?

Also, how good is the TC in Figo ? Does it only come in the 1.5 trim petrol or the 1.2 trip petrol ?

Thanks for responses coming through

As far as feedback from people trying to figure out Sync3 options, there are no official Ford Accessories to get Sync3 on Figo.

There are "rumours" about some Ford dealership asking Rs. 54k for converting old Aspire infotainment system to new Sync3 setup but there too big issue would be warranty.

I have used this Fly system, and the built in maps aren't that bad. Biggest issue would definitely be the absence of traffic updates & yes, the map updates too.

Freestyle & Figo aren't too different with price, I guess Freestyle feels better value for money with added GC & more features.

Personally, I feel Figo makes sense for those who are looking into the lower trims as Freestyle packs way better feature list in higher trims over Figo without too much of price difference.

Quote:

Also, how good is the TC in Figo ? Does it only come in the 1.5 trim petrol or the 1.2 trip petrol ?
There are no auto box with 1.2L dragon, but even with 1.5L auto box, availability is a big concern. If you read the forum, there are tons of complain about people unable to even find a test drive vehicle in dealership. Even if you manage to test it, auto box somehow command high waiting time. Heck, some dealership out right refuse to even sell the Automatic citing various reasons like it's been discontinued.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 4629337)

PS - What is Ahmedabad traffic like? Like Bangalore?

Never been to Bangaluru, so cant compare the two. Traffic here in Ahmedabad was getting worse due to ever increasing population. But in recent times due to installation of cameras on traffic signals, slowly and steadily people have started following the rules. But we still have long way to go to be called civilized traffic lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelogue (Post 4644815)
Never been to Bangaluru, so cant compare the two.

Reason for asking was with respect to auto. If you spend significant time crawling along dancing with the clutch pedal (in, out, half), and you clock significant mileage, technically a TC Auto would make more sense than systems with clutches. Your call on the fuel consumption though, esp with high running.

Regards
Sutripta

I would appreciate pointers to reviews/feedback/ownership experience of Ford Figo Automatic (TC Based).

After a lot of dilly-dallying over going for a used Polo GT/Vento or a new Ford Figo, I finally am a proud owner of an Absolute Black Ford Figo Titanium (will probably elaborate the entire choosing-my-ride experience in the Ownership Thread I plan to open and maintain)

I got some discounts on what is basically a facelift (so new to the market) model, and had a fabulous sales delivery experience at Dhone Ford, Hadapsar.
It's been 2 weeks, and the car has done only city drives so far (run 420km).

Initial impressions (please note that the although most manufacturers claim modern machines don't really require run-in, I am still following the guidelines strictly mentioned on various T-Bhp posts):

The good-bits:

1. The Engine: Butter smooth engine, especially considering it's a diesel. Clatter is non-existent, especially compared to a VAG diesel. The car doesn't give a push-back feeling the way a Polo GT TDI does, however I love the linearly pulling nature of the TDCi mill. Makes me feel like driving a petrol engine. I can easily pull to >100 kmph on 3rd gear (once run-in of the engine is done)

2. The gearbox: The new Getrag-sourced GB is better than the older unit (I drove my friend's old Figo TDCi extensively on a road-trip). The gear-shifts are definitely less notchy, and I assume that over a period of time, it will only get better.

3. Seating position: I am 6", well built. I could find a good driving position without any major adjustments, and passengers have been comfortable on the back-seat as well. Would need to go on a long drive fully-laden to understand and comment on this further.

The not-so-good bits:

1. The infotainment system: Why would Ford not give a proper Infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto support?:Frustrati
It's utterly useless, because you need to spell the place correctly in order to get the location, and there is no traffic info! I need to use Google Maps on my phone (which I have to mount).

2. The OEM speakers are okay. Nothing to comment about. Tiago sets the benchmark in this segment, and I have been thoroughly spoilt after hearing them.

3. The tires: The MRFs are not as bad as it's pointed out to be, however the TDCi definitely requires better rubbers.

Apologies for not having more photos (will upload them soon in the Ownership Thread), however, 1 photo of the vehicle delivery:
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_0424.jpeg

Upgrades/purchases made:

1. Tire upgrade: Upgraded to 185/65 Michelin XM2s. Exchanged 4 MRF ZVTVs tyres + W/A and W/B for 7000/- from Tyre Trax, Pune.

2. Accessories: Purchased the following must-haves (according to T-Bhp list)
2.1 AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer
2.2 Microfiber Cleaning cloth from Amazon
2.3 boAt Dual Port Rapid Car Charger (Qualcomm Certified)
2.4 AmazonBasics Jumper Cable 10 Gauge, 12 Feet
2.5 VRT® 4M Car Tow Cable Heavy Duty Towing Pull Rope Strap Hooks
2.6 Jopasu Car Duster Combo Pack
2.7 Jagger Complete Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinalnanda (Post 4646534)
After a lot of dilly-dallying over going for a used Polo GT/Vento or a new Ford Figo, I finally am a proud owner of an Absolute Black Ford Figo Titanium (will probably elaborate the entire choosing-my-ride experience in the Ownership Thread I plan to open and maintain)

I got some discounts on what is basically a facelift (so new to the market) model, and had a fabulous sales delivery experience at Dhone Ford, Hadapsar.
It's been 2 weeks, and the car has done only city drives so far (run 420km).

Initial impressions (please note that the although most manufacturers claim modern machines don't really require run-in, I am still following the guidelines strictly mentioned on various T-Bhp posts):

The good-bits:

1. The Engine: Butter smooth engine, especially considering it's a diesel. Clatter is non-existent, especially compared to a VAG diesel. The car doesn't give a push-back feeling the way a Polo GT TDI does, however I love the linearly pulling nature of the TDCi mill. Makes me feel like driving a petrol engine. I can easily pull to >100 kmph on 3rd gear (once run-in of the engine is done)

2. The gearbox: The new Getrag-sourced GB is better than the older unit (I drove my friend's old Figo TDCi extensively on a road-trip). The gear-shifts are definitely less notchy, and I assume that over a period of time, it will only get better.

3. Seating position: I am 6", well built. I could find a good driving position without any major adjustments, and passengers have been comfortable on the back-seat as well. Would need to go on a long drive fully-laden to understand and comment on this further.

The not-so-good bits:

1. The infotainment system: Why would Ford not give a proper Infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto support?:Frustrati
It's utterly useless, because you need to spell the place correctly in order to get the location, and there is no traffic info! I need to use Google Maps on my phone (which I have to mount).

2. The OEM speakers are okay. Nothing to comment about. Tiago sets the benchmark in this segment, and I have been thoroughly spoilt after hearing them.

3. The tires: The MRFs are not as bad as it's pointed out to be, however the TDCi definitely requires better rubbers.

Apologies for not having more photos (will upload them soon in the Ownership Thread), however, 1 photo of the vehicle delivery:
Attachment 1910651

Upgrades/purchases made:

1. Tire upgrade: Upgraded to 185/65 Michelin XM2s. Exchanged 4 MRF ZVTVs tyres + W/A and W/B for 7000/- from Tyre Trax, Pune.

2. Accessories: Purchased the following must-haves (according to T-Bhp list)
2.1 AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer
2.2 Microfiber Cleaning cloth from Amazon
2.3 boAt Dual Port Rapid Car Charger (Qualcomm Certified)
2.4 AmazonBasics Jumper Cable 10 Gauge, 12 Feet
2.5 VRT® 4M Car Tow Cable Heavy Duty Towing Pull Rope Strap Hooks
2.6 Jopasu Car Duster Combo Pack
2.7 Jagger Complete Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit

Congratulations on your new Figo. I have been always a big fan of fords for its dynamics. If I may ask why did you not consider the Figo Blu ? It has 195/55 rubbers and better safety for a slightly higher price.