Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th September 2019, 12:57   #76
BHPian

Default Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Congrats Vickster. Wish you many happy miles in your figo.
Did they try to make you go for manual or aspire automatic.
Thanks Niche. I had taken a drive of the Aspire Auto a month before and I realised the Figo would be way better with the lesser weight. Manual 1.2 Dragon was not an option, as I felt it to be lack low end grunt.
vickster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 13:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Thanks Niche. I had taken a drive of the Aspire Auto a month before and I realised the Figo would be way better with the lesser weight. Manual 1.2 Dragon was not an option, as I felt it to be lack low end grunt.
Would love to know about the braking performance most AT boxes seems to have zero engine braking, hence it takes more effort to stop them!

10Kmpl is good for the size of the engine and power on offer! I will be honest, never knew such a variant of the Figo existed till I read your post. This car could be a worthy replacement for our old Swift Diesel.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 14:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Below is my short experience of living with the Figo Automatic.
Happy to see that Ford has actually made one Figo AT with facelift. I was been offered the pre facelift version with a discount of nearly 2 lakhs and been told that the facelift one will not have an AT GB. Eventually went for the Figo S Diesel and have no regrets
Can you please point out few practical differences between Figo AT and Polo GT TSI, if you have driven it?
The mileage is respectable and shall improve with service and more miles.
I test drove the pre facelift one and it had a lot of power on tap but made very diesel like sound on acceleration.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 14:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Would love to know about the braking performance most AT boxes seems to have zero engine braking, hence it takes more effort to stop them!

10Kmpl is good for the size of the engine and power on offer! I will be honest, never knew such a variant of the Figo existed till I read your post. This car could be a worthy replacement for our old Swift Diesel.
Braking is as good as as manual. There's no worry about rolling back on a slope too, as the car is braked automatically and kept in position for a few seconds before you hit the throttle. And incase you need to manually down shift, there's always the option of +/- on the gear lever to up and down gears.
vickster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 14:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Happy to see that Ford has actually made one Figo AT with facelift. I was been offered the pre facelift version with a discount of nearly 2 lakhs and been told that the facelift one will not have an AT GB. Eventually went for the Figo S Diesel and have no regrets
Honestly I wasn't expecting the EcoSport motor to come in the Ford. I was actually hoping the same engine would come with a Manual. That would have been a proper nice hatch to chuck around ! But I am sure your Figo S is proper fun as well.

Comparing this to the Polo TSI, I feel the VW definitely has a more solid feel and its DSG is beyond comparison. For example during a kick down, the Polo would choose the right gear with not much of a drama and quickly move but with the Figo, Kick downs are a bit on the noisier side.

From a value perspective and if you look at total ownership cost, it's the Ford that has the edge any day. A TSI regular service would cost in the range of Rs.9-10k where as the Ford would cost less than half of that. I don't know about the current Polos but when I had one briefly the steering column had to be changed twice thankfully under warranty. Before it happened again, I sold it.
vickster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote