Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2019, 06:15   #31
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
Did you just say the AT is now a Torque Converter slushbox?!!

Wonder why they dropped the DCT type automatic?
The DCT (the same as the Fiesta/Ecosport) suffered reliability issues. Looks like no DCT/DSG is safe and trouble free in India. However, no complaints whatsoever with the torque converter transmission. Should be cheaper to manufacture too.
Old 10th June 2019, 23:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
I approached Code-6 and Wolf Moto for the remap and EGR Delete. I only got a chance to discuss with them through phone, will be visiting both shortly.

Prices are the same for both, 18k. but there's a difference with the figures.

When I checked with my friend's circle, there are cars with both remap. thus I'll only decide after test-driving both. As I use my car daily for my office run, I'll be picking a map having good drivability.
Thanks Joseph, keep us posted. My friend has got his diesel Freestyle remapped by Wolf Moto and is very happy with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lightspeed View Post
when I checked with a local tyre-shop dealer to swap Eco-Sport titanium trim wheels to new Figo.

Wheel Size - 16" 100x108 pcd.

Tyre size - 205/45/R16

Tyre Make and model -Accelera PHI-R.

Amount quoted by the tyre shop is 15k with my 14" stocks and tyres.
That seems like quite a fair price. Have they given you an option for other tires as well?
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 16:50   #33
BHPian

Test drive vehicles for Figo 1.5 AT is still not available in Chennai but I had a chance to try the same engine+gearbox in the Aspire this afternoon. My short review is at the Aspire's thread here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4602964 (2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review)

In summary,

The Engine+Gearbox was disappointing and I did not have much fun driving the car, never mind redlining it.

Maybe that is the reason why Ford isnt pushing it much in their marketing?

Last edited by vijay.sundar : 11th June 2019 at 16:54.
Old 14th June 2019, 15:28   #34
BHPian

@VijaySundar - I had a test drive of the Ford Aspire automatic recently and I found it better than all of the other automatic cars that i have test driven recently. This includes the honda Jazz CVT , Venue Automatic and the Brezza automatic

So it's possible that you got a defective car.
Old 24th June 2019, 09:12   #35

Hello,

With the Ford and M&M's JV on the horizon, is there a chance that the company might discontinue the product in the near future?

I have been in the market for a B2 segment hatchback and I am considering the Figo. Given that Ford has priced the petrol Titanium almost a lakh cheaper than the Delta Baleno, 70k+ cheaper than the Swift Vxi, 60k cheaper than the i 20 magna and nearly 1.5 lakh cheaper than the Jazz V raises a few eyebrows. In the event of the JV what are the kind of changes a customer might expect in the after sales services and availability of spares?

Last edited by ampere : 24th June 2019 at 09:15. Reason: formatted for readability
kaustuv09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustuv09 View Post
In the event of the JV what are the kind of changes a customer might expect in the after sales services and availability of spares?
That will always be a risk unless you are buying from Tata/Maruti/Hyundai/M&M as apart from them, all brands are somewhat question mark. Specially with recent slowdown.

However, Ford isn't planning for any hard pull out plus their agreement with M&M should ensure service & spare access from official channel even if they merge (Indian operations) completely with Mahindra.

At present, Ford after sales service is just awesome & dirt cheap. For my city (Kolkata), I can rate it higher than all, including Maruti.

As you have already written, Ford pricing is just perfect value for money. Cars are really well built, specially when compared to Maruti & as I have written, their service experience & cost is really beating Maruti.

Only down side for Figo would be the lack of Sync3 (that Android Auto & Apple Car play thing) along with lower fuel economy when compared to products like Baleno or Swift. But do a back to back test drive & you can immediately feel the solid build quality & driving pleasure or Comfort of Figo over Maruti products.

Jack of all trade would be Honda Jazz. Yes, that iVTEC is just awesome but once again due to heavier build, FE won't be as good as Maruti K12 plus Honda charge a lot of premium for their products & after sales. Beside personally I find the Jazz design boring & old compare to Figo / Swift / Baleno.

Last of all, why not Toyota Glanza? You are getting a Baleno with almost 75k less for same features & basically the same exact car.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Given that Ford has priced the petrol Titanium almost a lakh cheaper than the Delta Baleno, 70k+ cheaper than the Swift Vxi, 60k cheaper than the i 20 magna and nearly 1.5 lakh cheaper than the Jazz V raises a few eyebrows.
I would not consider initial VFM price tag as a big consideration as it would even out when you sell off your car as Maruti and Honda would obviously fetch more. My cousin went to cars24 with his 8 year old Ford Fiesta TDCI and there was not even single bidder due to which he came back without any valuation. I went to them with my 8 year old Dzire VDI and voila I got the best quote I could imagine.

So go for a product that excites you more. Swift/Baleno have a sweeter engine with a better low end grunt but build is not as solid as Figo. In terms of refinement and fuel efficiency I would say the new Dragon petrol is good. I am getting 16.8 KMPL over a 2800 km run using MID. Even if its inflated it would be close to 15 and that too in Delhi(am light footed). Build wise new Figo/Aspire is not in the old Figo/Fiesta league but trust me its way better than Maruti, Honda and Hyundai. I am having seat ergonomics issue with my Aspire so do make sure you take long test ride to check if you are 100% comfortable in those seats.

If you plan to keep your car for 5-7 years then I think the Ford/M&M JV should not worry you much. Service quality wise I too am quite happy with my experience with Ford but it depends from dealer to dealer. There are some nasty ones out there that can spoil your entire experience too. My buying experience was a nightmare to say the least. In Delhi/NCR I would only recommend Harpreet Ford.
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 23:41   #38
BHPian

Horrendous Marketing by Unique Ford Sangli

I went to Unique Ford Sangli for enquiry for purchasing my first new car after our baby with high expectations on 24th June 2019. I had requested a test drive on ford website a week back but there was no response. I took test drive of Freestyle and Figo and expressed interest in the Ford Figo Titanium Diesel.

I also requested a quote with discount for month end. The quotation was duly forwarded to my financing bank authority to avail bank loan on the same day. The Sales representative lady was very unprofessional and called me over 10 times within 2 hours along with messages to make a deposit payment of ₹20000/- the same day. I was compliant with her for the first hour or so.

But mobile network in our area was unavailable that evening to recieve otp or add Unique Ford as Payee. I had called her on another number for quote which was not linked to my bank accounts. I informed her that I would pay the deposit next day but she was repeatedly persistent on payment on the same day. She even claimed that quote was valid only for that day and I would not avail discount if deposit isn't paid the same day.

She even argued with me in a unprofessional manner when I questioned her tactics. I had agreed to pay initially as I was impressed by the Figo. But such horrendous marketing tactics by Ford executives is giving me jitters and making me rethink to choose Ford as my new first car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th June 2019 at 08:17. Reason: Breaking your post into paragraphs for better readability.
bhpindian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 07:54   #39
BHPian

Re: Horrendous Marketing by Unique Ford Sangli

First of all calm down. First rule of buying anything is to have patience.

Dealership will have different employees & some of them may be first timer or this type of outright unprofessional.

Offers & discounts are always available now days & specially with recent slowdown in industry, they are way more eager to sell the car compare to a buyer buying it.

Delay your purchase & play the waiting game. They will call back & when they do from any level of dealership casually demand a call back from their sales head or dealership GM.

Once that senior level of dealership is in touch with you, explain the issue & be reluctant in voice towards this purchase. Usually GM will change the sales representative & assign someone senior from sales team to handle you.

Hopefully things will short out soon for you & you get to enjoy the awesomeness of TDCi.

P.S. make sure to read the Team Bhp new cae buying check list to ensure you are getting a problem free new/fresh car before committing into the purchase.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 01:03   #40
BHPian

Thank you NaXal for your reply.

The Sales Manager did call up today and apologised.

Went to the showroom today on his request but there was no Test drive Figo.
Me, my father, wife and brother went up for finalising the colour and model. Our 2 year old also accompanied us. All of us took test drive of Freestyle again. All of us drive and use car on a daily basis.

Booked Ruby red Titanium diesel. I am assured delivery within 15-20 days.
bhpindian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 09:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
Thank you NaXal for your reply.

The Sales Manager did call up today and apologised.

Went to the showroom today on his request but there was no Test drive Figo.
Me, my father, wife and brother went up for finalising the colour and model. Our 2 year old also accompanied us. All of us took test drive of Freestyle again. All of us drive and use car on a daily basis.

Booked Ruby red Titanium diesel. I am assured delivery within 15-20 days.
Great. Nice to know it ended well. As GTO had mentioned in one of the posts, do not let one off incidents at the dealership effect your car buying decision, which you will use for the next 5 yrs.
On the model choice would suggest to go for Petrol if your daily running is not high, I found the petrol also to be peppy for city usage despite the 3 cylinder mill. Further why not the + version too since it has top safety feature of 6 air bags which no competitor provides in this range (i20Elite Asta is nearly 2L +). Lastly being quarter end, negotiate hard for some discounts, Freestyle sales have dipped in May19 to 700 odd from 1300-1400 monthly. L
goswami.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 18:32   #42
BHPian

The push to upgrade from Figo to Freestyle inform of numerous suggestions by sales executive was dodged by me numerous times. I had seen June 2019 sales figure on our website before hand. The absence of newly launched vehicle which is figo in the showroom and presence of numerous freestyles lying around to meet the customers eyes was obvious that they had standing orders to push Freestyle sells.

They had a false hope when test drive Figo was not available on the next day and our family test drove the Freestyle instead. But the decision was made and deal was struck.

They offered huge discounts on Freestyle to lure us in. They gave waiting longer waiting periods for Figo without any discounts. The Figo had got a price cut just 2 months back in April so was not expecting any from them. All I wanted to cut down was exorbitant insurance and RTO charges mentioned in the pricelist.

To our surprise the the Bank Representative told us that the Berry red Diesel Figo is ready in stock yard and will be delivered in 3-4 days after payment. I called up the Sales lady and asked if they were handing over existing Test drive car as it was not available for next 15 days barely 12 hours before!

Withheld the bank from releasing money and confirmed with the Sales manager the exact situation and timeline for delivery. It can be concluded that it was a marketing tactic for promoting Freestyle sales again.

Basis of Model selection was the diesel engine and Aston martinesque grill was decision made by heart. Our 2006 Hyundai Verna which we gave away last year was missed and we got next best thing in our garage now which handles better. The Figo is also very similarly priced at Eight odd lakhs on road today as Verna in 2006.

The budget was set to around 8 Lakhs for the hatchback so Blu edition was not considered. Also the Black theme on Blu edition was not to our taste to stretch it. Needed a quick replacement to our 2000 Matiz which is now reaching 2 Lac km and giving multiple niggles and begging to retire from daily runabouts.
bhpindian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 17:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
To our surprise the the Bank Representative told us that the Berry red Diesel Figo is ready in stock yard and will be delivered in 3-4 days after payment. I called up the Sales lady and asked if they were handing over existing Test drive car as it was not available for next 15 days barely 12 hours before!

Withheld the bank from releasing money and confirmed with the Sales manager the exact situation and timeline for delivery. It can be concluded that it was a marketing tactic for promoting Freestyle sales again.
Good decision to hold the full payment & finalizing the sale. Make sure to inspect the vehicle in their stock yard or where ever they allow you to check & do your own PDI before releasing the full payment & finalizing the sale.

Ask the dealership for VIN number once your car is in transit or loaded in transport truck from Factory.

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2019, 09:51   #44
BHPian

If your test drive vehicle was of same model and color that you have booked then it's always a good idea to note the VIN of the test drive vehicle. For Ford it's quite easy as VIN is mentioned just below the windshield on the right and also on a sticker on the window of left back door. I was given the same test drive vehicle for PDI which I was only able to recognize as I had clicked a photo of it's VIN earlier. On inspection it's not easy to determine whether the car was used for TDs specially when the miles clocked are less. There are anyways few TD requests for Figo or Aspire as these are not fast moving models in Ford lineup.

Not all dealers would be indulging in such malpractices and hence finding a reputed dealer for Ford is one of the most important decisions in my opinion.
Old 30th June 2019, 09:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Also any plans to upgrade the tires from the OEM ones?
Hey Neil,

I was searching for an upgrade from the day I bought the car, as my stock tyres (MRF ZVTV 175/65 r14) had heavy road noise above 100kmph. Recently I found out less driven stock wheels of FreeStyle and Figo Blu in town and I chose freestyle's rim because of it is .5J wider than the Figo Blu's wheel and its gun-metal finish suits with my car's silver colour.

And I swapped its wheels with FreeStyle's OEM wheels and mounted 195/55 r15 tyres. tyres are Apollo Alnac 4g as I got them for a fair price. Also, I've got a plan to change them with Hankook Ventus V12.

Bigger tyres improve handling as well as the stance of the car. Apollo offers great comfort and less road noise compared to my older MRF's.

Let's meet someday at Kochi

Regards,
Joseph.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190626_110812.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190626_112005.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190626_113055.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20190626_121203.jpg  

joe_lightspeed is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks