Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 12:57   #76
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Congrats Vickster. Wish you many happy miles in your figo.
Did they try to make you go for manual or aspire automatic.
Thanks Niche. I had taken a drive of the Aspire Auto a month before and I realised the Figo would be way better with the lesser weight. Manual 1.2 Dragon was not an option, as I felt it to be lack low end grunt.
vickster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 13:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Thanks Niche. I had taken a drive of the Aspire Auto a month before and I realised the Figo would be way better with the lesser weight. Manual 1.2 Dragon was not an option, as I felt it to be lack low end grunt.
Would love to know about the braking performance most AT boxes seems to have zero engine braking, hence it takes more effort to stop them!

10Kmpl is good for the size of the engine and power on offer! I will be honest, never knew such a variant of the Figo existed till I read your post. This car could be a worthy replacement for our old Swift Diesel.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 14:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickster View Post
Below is my short experience of living with the Figo Automatic.
Happy to see that Ford has actually made one Figo AT with facelift. I was been offered the pre facelift version with a discount of nearly 2 lakhs and been told that the facelift one will not have an AT GB. Eventually went for the Figo S Diesel and have no regrets
Can you please point out few practical differences between Figo AT and Polo GT TSI, if you have driven it?
The mileage is respectable and shall improve with service and more miles.
I test drove the pre facelift one and it had a lot of power on tap but made very diesel like sound on acceleration.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 14:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Would love to know about the braking performance most AT boxes seems to have zero engine braking, hence it takes more effort to stop them!

10Kmpl is good for the size of the engine and power on offer! I will be honest, never knew such a variant of the Figo existed till I read your post. This car could be a worthy replacement for our old Swift Diesel.
Braking is as good as as manual. There's no worry about rolling back on a slope too, as the car is braked automatically and kept in position for a few seconds before you hit the throttle. And incase you need to manually down shift, there's always the option of +/- on the gear lever to up and down gears.
vickster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 14:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Happy to see that Ford has actually made one Figo AT with facelift. I was been offered the pre facelift version with a discount of nearly 2 lakhs and been told that the facelift one will not have an AT GB. Eventually went for the Figo S Diesel and have no regrets
Honestly I wasn't expecting the EcoSport motor to come in the Ford. I was actually hoping the same engine would come with a Manual. That would have been a proper nice hatch to chuck around ! But I am sure your Figo S is proper fun as well.

Comparing this to the Polo TSI, I feel the VW definitely has a more solid feel and its DSG is beyond comparison. For example during a kick down, the Polo would choose the right gear with not much of a drama and quickly move but with the Figo, Kick downs are a bit on the noisier side.

From a value perspective and if you look at total ownership cost, it's the Ford that has the edge any day. A TSI regular service would cost in the range of Rs.9-10k where as the Ford would cost less than half of that. I don't know about the current Polos but when I had one briefly the steering column had to be changed twice thankfully under warranty. Before it happened again, I sold it.
vickster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:12   #81
BHPian

Just test-drove the Figo Titanium and loved the engine responsiveness and refinement (for the 3 cylinder) engine. I am looking to get the `Blue` variant and hoping to get the test drive sometime soon. I had a few questions:
  • Is it possible to remove the childish sticker job on the Blu variant? Has anyone done it?
  • Is the in-built (non Android Auto) navigation day-to-day usable?
  • What does the future of Ford looks like? Is it possible that it goes the Chevrolet way?
  • In Bangalore, what kind of service can I expect from Ford? JSP Ford, to be more specific?
  • The Aspire gets 3 star results from GNCAP, would it be safe to assume that the Figo Titanium Blu should be around the same? I personally love the Etios Liva for the safety, if it weren't for the outdated feature list I would have not looked elsewhere.
  • How does it compare to the Tiago? I know it hasn't been crash tested publicly, but should Zest/Nexon's ratings be any indication for it? Because except for the (unresponsive and unrefined) engine, it looks like a good package (XZ+ only, that is).
Old 3rd November 2019, 22:58   #82
BHPian

Just curious. Will the Ford-mahindra JV have any impact? after-sales or spates or warranty wise?
Old 12th November 2019, 12:00   #83
BHPian

I took delivery of the Ford Figo Ti-VCT AT Moondust silver yesterday. This is the car meant for the home minister. OTR 9L in total. Buying experience was decent, in total 3 working days from the time of booking I had a registered car.

I invite the senior BHPians who are well verse in reviewing the cars to drive my car. Its absolutely breathless the way this engine and gearbox behaves. I have not expected it to be so good. Ford has done a big blunder in not equipping and promoting this car.

I give the above statment after (but not immediate)driving multiple petrol automatics - City CVT, I 10 AT, Skoda MPI At, GT TSI, Vento TSI, Ecosport AT, Wagon R AMT, Celerio AMT, Tiago AMT, Santro AMT, Verna AT, Elantra AT, Jazz CVT, XUV AT, CITY AT(older model), Corolla AT.
aadya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:38   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I took delivery of the Ford Figo Ti-VCT AT Moondust silver yesterday. This is the car meant for the home minister. OTR 9L in total. Buying experience was decent, in total 3 working days from the time of booking I had a registered car.

I invite the senior BHPians who are well verse in reviewing the cars to drive my car. Its absolutely breathless the way this engine and gearbox behaves. I have not expected it to be so good. Ford has done a big blunder in not equipping and promoting this car.

I give the above statment after (but not immediate)driving multiple petrol automatics - City CVT, I 10 AT, Skoda MPI At, GT TSI, Vento TSI, Ecosport AT, Wagon R AMT, Celerio AMT, Tiago AMT, Santro AMT, Verna AT, Elantra AT, Jazz CVT, XUV AT, CITY AT(older model), Corolla AT.
Please share pics and more details about the car. Especially the gear shifts, mileage and driving dynamics.

Very few have gone ahead with this car and would be great to know more from the owners.

9 Lakh INR for such a gem is a steal in my view. Wish you loads of happiness with the new acquisition.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I invite the senior BHPians who are well verse in reviewing the cars to drive my car. Its absolutely breathless
Would love to know the real work FE and acceleration numbers,extremely approximate numbers would be good enough. FE does slightly matter to me as I do plenty of 150+ commutes from time to time. 10+ overall would be good enough with light foot .

Please do a review of your car. I haven't been able to locate even a single review online! Would even pay you for a full tank of fuel

P.S: Does it have speed limit buzzer?

Last edited by giri1.8 : 12th November 2019 at 12:53.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:54   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the new acquisition. Wish you & the family many happy miles & years with it. 3 working days is nice. That's how car shopping should really be! Great you got it so fast.

Just out of curiosity, from what I have seen, when one has 9L to shell out, they tend to go for a Baleno CVT or an i20. What was it that made you go against the stream & pick a Figo instead? Interesting choice.
Old 12th November 2019, 12:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of the Ford Figo Ti-VCT AT Moondust silver yesterday. This is the car meant for the home minister. OTR 9L in total.

Hi. I am in a similar situation myself. Need an auto hatch for the better half. I am confused between this and the Polo GT. Honestly, I have no experience with this car as both dealers I approached in Pune did not have a TD vehicle. One offered an aspire auto and another an ecosport auto for the TD. Real world numbers from you will actually help a lot of people like me. This car actually costs a whole 2 lacs less than the polo! But to be honest I found the build quality of the aspire to be so-so (nothing to write home about and surely nowhere close to the polo). Looking forward to an user review from you soon!
AdiSolEn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:57   #88
BANNED

Guys - Just wanted to check if the performance on the facelifted and 2015 Figo Diesel is the same. Heard somewhere that the ratios have been changed on the facelifted one. Someone who has driven both may confirm if there be any changes to the performance on the oil burner. TIA.
Old 12th November 2019, 14:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Please share pics and more details about the car. Especially the gear shifts, mileage and driving dynamics.
Thanks and will do so asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Would love to know the real work FE and acceleration numbers,extremely approximate numbers would be good enough.
I am a very relaxed driver so don't know about the speed limit buzzer and no chance to check inside BLR. Will sure update on the numbers as I munch miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition. Wish you & the family many happy miles & years with it. 3 working days is nice. That's how car shopping should really be!
Thanks. The choice was simple it was the only hatch left with a torque converter(if you discount the mini) available in the market. Only car I would consider from Maruti stable as of now is S-Cross. Any way baleno is more than one lakh away. We had I-20 and I like the hyundai cars. But again its a CVT. Hyundai service is as expensive as merc, atleast sometimes(We owned three hyundais in the recent past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
Hi. I am in a similar situation myself. Need an auto hatch for the better half.
Can't compare this with GT in build, but space,performance, cost and reliability would certainly be better that than the GT.

I once again invite any BHPian in Bangalore to drive this machine and help me compile a review.

Last edited by aadya : 12th November 2019 at 14:29. Reason: grammar
aadya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 14:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Just curious. Will the Ford-mahindra JV have any impact? after-sales or spates or warranty wise?
The JV, if anything, could only improve the availability of Ford spare parts over Mahindra's retail counters, which is only a benefit for ones like us. From a warranty perspective, I don't see the JV has got anything to do with it.

Quote:

+ 1 to all of those requests above. In the scenario of BHPians hunting down dealerships for a TD experience of an AT, an ownership write-up from you would be a Godsend. I, among many others here, am definitely curious to know how terrific a driving experience it offers amongst competition.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed