Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2019, 01:22   #106
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Because most of the dealers across the country are not interested in selling the damn car. Very few customers have actually managed to buy it. I am told that most customers are pushed towards Aspire petrol AT rather than being given a chance to purchase the Figo AT. No one knows why but there it is.
That’s disappointing. Would love to know how the car is handling that additional power.
Old 5th December 2019, 07:36   #107
BHPian

[quote=giri1.8;4701005Will I put my money on the Figo? Even I am not sure about this, only problem being possibility of single digit FE all the time. Given my high and unpredictable usage I need to think before I write that cheque. If other AT owners could give an idea about FE would be of great help to everyone looking to buy one. If it gives consistent mileage of just 10+ kmpl I would book one soon.[/QUOTE]

The Ecosport petrol AT seems to return 8 kmpl or so in the city. The Figo being a couple of 100 kilos lighter, with the same engine - transmission combination should be able to return 10 kmpl or so. I have the older Figo petrol DCT and have seen constant 10 kmpl or better in city use over the past 4 years.
Old 5th December 2019, 08:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
The Ecosport petrol AT seems to return 8 kmpl or so in the city. The Figo being a couple of 100 kilos lighter, with the same engine - transmission combination should be able to return 10 kmpl or so. I have the older Figo petrol DCT and have seen constant 10 kmpl or better in city use over the past 4 years.
It's baffling why ford doesn't provide diesel AT combo in any car below the Endeavor. Their petrol ATs are so good, but too fuel hungry for moderate to high use.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
So the Figo ticks almost all the boxes for me, but the dealer dropped a bomb that one needs to wait whooping 45 days after booking for the Figo My only worry is what would happen if I book the car and JV between M&M and Ford comes into effect.

Aspire might be available, but price is a bit higher than Figo just for the extra boot. Interior too is too light for my liking.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 10:38   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
So the Figo ticks almost all the boxes for me, but the dealer dropped a bomb that one needs to wait whooping 45 days after booking for the Figo My only worry is what would happen if I book the car and JV between M&M and Ford comes into effect.

Aspire might be available, but price is a bit higher than Figo just for the extra boot. Interior too is too light for my liking.
I am caught up in a weird space too. Having booked the titanium petrol figo a week or so ago, the dealer informed a few days later that ONLY silver grey is available pan India. In fact he insisted that he has checked with other dealers, factory and what not. (I wanted Oxford white).

Later, out of curiosity, I checked with a couple of other dealers and they said they have other colors. Funnier still, one dealer says, Ford has stopped the production of the Figo a couple of months ago and are now gradually phasing the bs4 version out, another swears that the car he is promising me, moondust silver colour, is a December (to be ) manufactured when I asked about the vin.

Now, am getting a feeling, the dealer is dumping the stocks to clear it. Anyone with any information to clarify this is welcome.
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post

Same thing for me. I have also dropped my plan to get the Blu Petrol because of the continuous flip-flopping the dealers continue to do. At one point, they claim I may get it by the Jan end (and with BS6, which I doubt) and at the other point the sales person calls at 10PM in the night to book the car because it is available next day. I'll just let the sales figure out and decide on availability once before booking, specially now that Altroz reviews are coming in.
Old 9th December 2019, 21:03   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
I am caught up in a weird space too. Having booked the titanium petrol figo a week or so ago, the dealer informed a few days later that ONLY silver grey is available pan India. In fact he insisted that he has checked with other dealers, factory and what not. (I wanted Oxford white).

Later, out of curiosity, I checked with a couple of other dealers and they said they have other colors. Funnier still, one dealer says, Ford has stopped the production of the Figo a couple of months ago and are now gradually phasing the bs4 version out, another swears that the car he is promising me, moondust silver colour, is a December (to be ) manufactured when I asked about the vin.

Now, am getting a feeling, the dealer is dumping the stocks to clear it. Anyone with any information to clarify this is welcome.
The production of bs4 vehicles stopped in November as per dealers. Now they are concentrating to clear the existing stock and as per their stick sheet, very less vehicles are available atleast for HYD. Their midnight offer scheme for 3 days worked in their favour as well pushing out atleast +30 vehicles (mix of eco,Figo,endy). Guess Ford planned out well for the bs6 transition.
Thejus_y393 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 23:14   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejus_y393 View Post
The production of bs4 vehicles stopped in November as per dealers. Now they are concentrating to clear the existing stock and as per their stick sheet, very less vehicles are available atleast for HYD. Their midnight offer scheme for 3 days worked in their favour as well pushing out atleast +30 vehicles (mix of eco,Figo,endy). Guess Ford planned out well for the bs6 transition.
Ya. Smart move indeed. As per a monthly sale report I saw today, the Figo's sales have jumped from a 100 odd last November to a whopping 700 odd this November. Also, the prices seem to have gone up by atleast Rs 10000 on almost all cars except the Figo petrol. Come january, there will be a considerable price hike, methinks! Although, I wonder if that will come with some feature additions, a face-lift to a face-lift!
Old 9th December 2019, 23:22   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Ya. Smart move indeed. As per a monthly sale report I saw today, the Figo's sales have jumped from a 100 odd last November to a whopping 700 odd this November. Also, the prices seem to have gone up by atleast Rs 10000 on almost all cars except the Figo petrol. Come january, there will be a considerable price hike, methinks! Although, I wonder if that will come with some feature additions, a face-lift to a face-lift!
As of now there are no face lifts. I went to their stockyard today to check my car. I could see 3 whites and 4 red figos. Considerable no of ecosphere and 2 endys. There is a possibility of another price hike come JAN although I am clueless how that would help to clear the bs4 stocks.
Old 10th December 2019, 10:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
As of now there are no face lifts. I went to their stockyard today to check my car. I could see 3 whites and 4 red figos. Considerable no of ecosphere and 2 endys. There is a possibility of another price hike come JAN although I am clueless how that would help to clear the bs4 stocks.
Honestly, I had similar thoughts. But, when i had visited the showroom a couple of days ago, I saw there were 4 Figos out of the 8 deliveries that day!! Maybe I am wrong, but I think there is a rise in Figo sales.
Old 10th December 2019, 18:12   #116
BHPian

Just booked the Figo Titanium Blue Petrol (and the Titanium variant if the Blu is just not possible).

I wanted to know if the steering characteristics (centering and the feel/feedback) aren't inferior and are at least better than the other cars in the segment.
Has anyone tried the Titanium variant and can comment on the steering feel/feedback? I only got a good test drive for the Blu. I realize having the 20mm thinner tyres will degrade handling, but I'd expect it to still retain the Ford steering characteristics. If you own/tested the Titanium, I'd appreciate a comment.
Old 10th December 2019, 22:17   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Just booked the Figo Titanium Blue Petrol (and the Titanium variant if the Blu is just not possible).

I wanted to know if the steering characteristics (centering and the feel/feedback) aren't inferior and are at least better than the other cars in the segment.
Has anyone tried the Titanium variant and can comment on the steering feel/feedback? I only got a good test drive for the Blu. I realize having the 20mm thinner tyres will degrade handling, but I'd expect it to still retain the Ford steering characteristics. If you own/tested the Titanium, I'd appreciate a comment.
I did not get a chance to try the Blu variant out. However, the regular titanium did feel pretty decent. From what I did gather in the 5-6 km drive the steering felt fine. However, I cant talk much about the high speed characters as I did not do a long TD.
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 22:57   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Has anyone tried the Titanium variant and can comment on the steering feel/feedback
The steering characteristic remains the same across variants. The difference is felt because of the tyre size. Titanium has 14" whereas Blu has 15". Honestly speaking I prefer the 14" on a Figo.

You may feel the steering lighter because of the tyres. But comparing to swift, i10 and Tiago, Figo is much better and you shall have no qualms. However, I would rather suggest the diesel variant. The difference is a mere 90k and with discounts you may get the difference down to 40k.

Even if your running is not much, trust me when you start driving the Figo Diesel, you shall find excuses to start the car.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 17:34   #119

Got our Figo today. Just wanted to know if the rust in the pic is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-20191215_111701.jpg  

Old 15th December 2019, 20:10   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Got our Figo today. Just wanted to know if the rust in the pic is normal.
Yup, that's the turbo
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks