Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2019, 20:26   #121

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Yup, that's the turbo
Thank you. Was concerned on that. Checked other new cars as well and all of them had it.
Old 16th December 2019, 11:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
So the Figo ticks almost all the boxes for me, but the dealer dropped a bomb that one needs to wait whooping 45 days after booking for the Figo My only worry is what would happen if I book the car and JV between M&M and Ford comes into effect.
Extremely happy to post that I have booked the Ford Figo 1.5 AT and will be getting the car in few weeks time This thread is the sole reason for me to know that such an variant existed, glad everyone helped me out on this important decision.

Would be more than happy to start an ownership thread if time permits.
giri1.8 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejus_y393 View Post
Thank you. Was concerned on that. Checked other new cars as well and all of them had it.
This is completely normal, which is also clarified in the thread on EcoSport 1.5 TDCi engine as well here (Ford EcoSport : Official Review).

Quote:
Extremely happy to post that I have booked the Ford Figo 1.5 AT and will be getting the car in few weeks time

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your decision. To clarify you on your previous query regarding JV with Mahindra, I'm sure there would be clear diversification between JV products and true Ford products and as BHPians, we sincerely believe and hope that, even as JV shapes up, Ford would clearly differentiate its products they offer without diluting its DNA to customers. So this should certainly not be a deal breaker for you.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 16th December 2019 at 11:31.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:30   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely happy to post that I have booked the Ford Figo 1.5 AT
Congratulations on your new purchase. Figo AT is one of those rare finds. The fact that the booking was accepted shows that the car is available, so the regular BS that showrooms sprout about the production being stopped and all that is simply false.

If possible please share the dealer where you booked so that folks here, who were/are eyeing the Figo AT but are forced to look elsewhere due to the dealers reluctance, are helped.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:44   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your decision. To clarify you on your previous query regarding JV with Mahindra, I'm sure there would be clear diversification between JV products and true Ford products and as BHPians, we sincerely believe and hope that, even as JV shapes up, Ford would clearly differentiate its products they offer without diluting its DNA to customers. So this should certainly not be a deal breaker for you.

Cheers,
Vijay
Hopefully parts availability is ensured for the 1.5 Dragon petrol! Have no other worries except parts to be frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post

If possible please share the dealer where you booked so that folks here, who were/are eyeing the Figo AT but are forced to look elsewhere due to the dealers reluctance, are helped.
This was the only Figo AT available in Chennai, checked with all existing dealers before making the booking with Hans Ford. Ford waiting for 2020 for new dispatches might be true, almost no one had more than one or two cars per variant.

For buyers who wish to have this engine and gearbox combo, few units of Aspire are available. Black one is available with Hans Ford. One can expect discount of around 50K for the Aspire AT.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 23:04   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully parts availability is ensured for the 1.5 Dragon petrol! Have no other worries except parts to be frank

This was the only Figo AT available in Chennai, checked with all existing dealers before making the booking with Hans Ford. Ford waiting for 2020 for new dispatches might be true, almost no one had more than one or two cars per variant.
Do they have any MT version? Also the updated version is it only bs6, or does it have any feature addition too?
Old 17th December 2019, 08:11   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely happy to post that I have booked the Ford Figo 1.5 AT and will be getting the car in few weeks time This thread is the sole reason for me to know that such an variant existed, glad everyone helped me out on this important decision.

Congrats!

Quote:
For buyers who wish to have this engine and gearbox combo, few units of Aspire are available. Black one is available with Hans Ford. One can expect discount of around 50K for the Aspire AT.
Hijacking this post to inform people Hans Ford also has 2 pre June Ecosport Titanium Plus Diesel with sync 3 lying in their stock. Atleast they had it last month. Its difficult to come by these units because of Fords feature deletions. So people who are interested, check them up!

Cheers
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 09:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Extremely happy to post that I have booked the Ford Figo 1.5 AT and will be getting the car in few weeks time
Congratulations mate. You are really lucky to have got hold of one

I waited for almost 2 months to get hands or some confirmation from Ford dealers regarding Figo AT in Bangalore back in April-2019, but they never got back. Test drove the Aspire AT and man!!! it was a hoot to drive. That 1.5L Dragon+TC combo was absolute gem & plastered a wide grin on my face the entire time I was behind the wheels. Wish you a rocking ownership ahead.

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th December 2019 at 09:21.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 17:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Just booked the Figo Titanium Blue Petrol (and the Titanium variant if the Blu is just not possible).

I wanted to know if the steering characteristics (centering and the feel/feedback) aren't inferior and are at least better than the other cars in the segment.
Has anyone tried the Titanium variant and can comment on the steering feel/feedback? I only got a good test drive for the Blu. I realize having the 20mm thinner tyres will degrade handling, but I'd expect it to still retain the Ford steering characteristics. If you own/tested the Titanium, I'd appreciate a comment.

PPS Ford cancelled this booking owing to unavailability of stock. I re-booked from JSP last week, but that got cancelled too due to the same reason. It seems like I won't be getting a Figo this year at least. They are saying the BS6 version will be available Mid Jan onward. Any estimates on the prices for the BS6 Figo? What should the difference be like?
Old 21st December 2019, 21:59   #130
BHPian

Quote:
PPS Ford cancelled this booking owing to unavailability of stock. I re-booked from JSP last week, but that got cancelled too due to the same reason. It seems like I won't be getting a Figo this year at least. They are saying the BS6 version will be available Mid Jan onward. Any estimates on the prices for the BS6 Figo? What should the difference be like?
Both PPS and JSP have stock issues. I enquired for Aspire/Figo AT and PPS Ford told that they don't have any. JSP Ford told that they do have stock and asked to come over to the showroom. I went there and was told that there was no stock after checking the system. Then, immediately the next day they called up and said if I am interested, they will give a try. I said yes, but they never got back.
I was under the initial impression that the SA guys felt that I am not a serious buyer and hence they were responding so. But, now looks like the stock issues are genuine.

And regarding BS6 upgrade, can we expect any facelift to come along?
Ford is not participating in Auto Expo 2020 as well. So, I am not sure what to expect from Ford in 2020 along with more confusion around M&M joint venture. If someone can provide some opinion regarding this, would be helpful.
Old 23rd December 2019, 08:42   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going by the general market trend of cost increments for BS6 versions of petrol cars, i would assume that they will hike prices by roughly 15-20 thousand INR.
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:55   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Do they have any MT version? Also the updated version is it only bs6, or does it have any feature addition too?
Not very sure about this, for most variants, they could only promise delivery after January dispatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Congrats!

Cheers
Thanks Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations mate. You are really lucky to have got hold of one

Wish you a rocking ownership ahead.
Haven't seen the car in flesh yet, so I am slightly nervous about the delivery! Hope they don't screw this up.

Had a TD of the Aspire before booking, it is indeed a sweet package, Figo should be more agile and FTD
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:26   #133

My new Figo Titanium Oxford white color.
Done about 250 kms till date and giving around 18kmpl with AC on in city. Very refined as of now cause it's new
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20191223_182354_509.jpg  

Thejus_y393 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 12:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Tiago XZA+ due to these issue. Interestingly, the next day after I paid for the Tiago, I got a call by JSP. By then, I had already started to love the extras that it provides over Figo: Safety, Android Auto, Automatic and no uncertainties of the company's future.
I had remvoed Tiago from consideration because of the the absent sales response from Tata anyway.

Last edited by crodjer : 28th December 2019 at 12:39.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 21:22   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Tiago XZA+ due to these issue. Interestingly, the next day after I paid for the Tiago, I got a call by JSP. By then, I had already started to love the extras that it provides over Figo: Safety, Android Auto, Automatic and no uncertainties of the company's future.
I had remvoed Tiago from consideration because of the the absent sales response from Tata anyway.
Just curious here. Amongst the advantages you had mentioned, I am curious about the "safety" bit. Not to put down the Tiago, just curious as to why you felt safety was an extra that the tiago provided over the Figo!

(P.s. Having booked a Figo, a natural curiosity/trepidation combo!!!! )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks