Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2019, 22:00   #136
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Just curious here. Amongst the advantages you had mentioned, I am curious about the "safety" bit. Not to put down the Tiago, just curious as to why you felt safety was an extra that the tiago provided over the Figo!

(P.s. Having booked a Figo, a natural curiosity/trepidation combo!!!! )
Tata cars are built very well. The sheet metal is thicker and it feels like carved from a single stone.

Nevertheless Tiago is no match to Figo (diesel) when it comes to outright performance, fun, mileage, ac performance and driving dynamics. These features like Android auto and all is good to have but once you start driving the Figo all these will look very lame over what Figo gets on the table.

Don't be worried or have any kind of trepidation, you have made an excellent choice.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 22:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious here. Amongst the advantages you had mentioned, I am curious about the "safety" bit. Not to put down the Tiago, just curious as to why you felt safety was an extra that the tiago provided over the Figo!

(P.s. Having booked a Figo, a natural curiosity/trepidation combo!!!! )
Congratulations on your Figo booking. It is an extremely undervalued car and was absolutely my first choice too. I still hold 3 Figo bookings in Bangalore, pending refund.

Tiago's safety is more in my mind by comparison with Glanza. Tiago, I understood has been tuned toward a 5 star safety rating from Tata. Figo/Polo I believe are completely satisfactory general safety wise. Although, I was a bit concerned about Ford Ka+'s 3* rating, but not a deal breaker at all considering what Maruti (overt disregard to safety) and Hyundai (pseudo safety) continue to sell cars.

Infact, I exclusively on tried to get the Figo Blu for last 1 month and only because of not being successful there, I moved to Tiago Automatic (which with the absence of a Gear/Clutch doesn't have the corresponding vibrations).
crodjer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 22:20   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Tata cars are built very well. The sheet metal is thicker and it feels like carved from a single stone.

Nevertheless Tiago is no match to Figo (diesel) when it comes to outright performance, fun, mileage, ac performance and driving dynamics. These features like Android auto and all is good to have but once you start driving the Figo all these will look very lame over what Figo gets on the table.

Don't be worried or have any kind of trepidation, you have made an excellent choice.
Hahah, yes. I think we did have a conversation on the diesel. Unfortunately my budget is tight, so I have opted for the petrol. But me being me, am not sprightly driver and i think the petrol should do just fine.
But thanks a ton for your help too in choosing the car...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Congratulations on your Figo booking. It is an extremely undervalued car and was absolutely my first choice too. I still hold 3 Figo bookings in Bangalore, pending refund.

Tiago's safety is more in my mind by comparison with Glanza. Tiago, I understood has been tuned toward a 5 star safety rating from Tata. Figo/Polo I believe are completely satisfactory general safety wise. Although, I was a bit concerned about Ford Ka+'s 3* rating, but not a deal breaker at all considering what Maruti (overt disregard to safety) and Hyundai (pseudo safety) continue to sell cars.

Infact, I exclusively on tried to get the Figo Blu for last 1 month and only because of not being successful there, I moved to Tiago Automatic (which with the absence of a Gear/Clutch doesn't have the corresponding vibrations).
Thank you!!
Haha.. 3 bookings? That's crazy. You most certainly want that Blu! I actually tried convincing the showroom to get me the Blu's 15" for the regular Titanium, but didn't quite work!
Talking of the Glanza/Baleno, I did try it out before the Figo! While it did have oodles of space, I was a bit worried about the sheet metal. The SA gave me some gibberish on how the the car is safe, but I dont think even he was convinced by it!!!
And, congratulations on your Tiago booking. When are you getting the car?

Last edited by sooshan : 28th December 2019 at 22:27.
Old 29th December 2019, 12:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Hahah, yes. I think we did have a conversation on the diesel. Unfortunately my budget is tight, so I have opted for the petrol. But me being me, am not sprightly driver and i think the petrol should do just fine.
But thanks a ton for your help too in choosing the car...!

Thank you!!
Haha.. 3 bookings? That's crazy. You most certainly want that Blu! I actually tried convincing the showroom to get me the Blu's 15" for the regular Titanium, but didn't quite work!
Talking of the Glanza/Baleno, I did try it out before the Figo! While it did have oodles of space, I was a bit worried about the sheet metal. The SA gave me some gibberish on how the the car is safe, but I dont think even he was convinced by it!!!
And, congratulations on your Tiago booking. When are you getting the car?
Oh, I have already been enjoying driving it for two days. Will get it permanently registered early Jan (2020 Registration). NVH is totally not as bad as the TD vehicles (the reason behind I didn't consider Tiago earlier).
As per the Toyota guy, they will start manufacturing the Glanza in a year period, until which time it'll continue to be Suzuki.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 12:19   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
Oh, I have already been enjoying driving it for two days. Will get it permanently registered early Jan (2020 Registration). NVH is totally not as bad as the TD vehicles (the reason behind I didn't consider Tiago earlier).
As per the Toyota guy, they will start manufacturing the Glanza in a year period, until which time it'll continue to be Suzuki.
Oh, that's awesome. Congratulations and happy mile munching with the Tiago!
Looking forward to an ownership update soon.
Curious to see if the Toyota manufactured cars will sport any difference, in terms of the frame or sheet metal.
Old 31st December 2019, 21:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Guys, have taken delivery of my 1.5 Dragon AT Figo Will post my thoughts about the car on a separate ownership review thread.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img20191226wa0002.jpg  

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img20191226wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by giri1.8 : 31st December 2019 at 21:39.
giri1.8 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 22:44   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Guys, have taken delivery of my 1.5 Dragon AT Figo Will post my thoughts about the car on a separate ownership review thread.
Right as the new year rolls in. Congrats sir.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 23:34   #143
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations bro. Was the car in stock ? Keeping your tigor or sold it ?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 02:11   #144
BHPian

Quote:
She looks absolutely sweet, in ruby red!!! Cheers mate and happy mile munching.
Happy new year to you and your beauty there!!
sooshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:41   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Right as the new year rolls in. Congrats sir.
Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Heartiest congratulations bro. Was the car in stock ? Keeping your tigor or sold it ?
Car was at the factory at the time of booking, dispatched to the showroom once the booking was done. Tigor has been sold!

Quote:
She looks absolutely sweet, in ruby red!!! Cheers mate and happy mile munching.
Happy new year to you and your beauty there!!
Thanks! Might be my last gasoline car, hopefully will much as many miles as possible.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:07   #146
BHPian

Hey fellow BHPian Ford Owners

I have the Ford Figo Sports TDCI and currently at 12000 KMs. I have decided to get it serviced every 7500 KMs as I have remapped it and been advised to do the engine oil change earlier just as a precaution.

Now, is it advisable to use fully synthetic oil and if yes then which one? (Would be great if one can send me links of it from Flipkart/Amazon)

On an earlier interaction with Tharian, he gave a viable logic of sticking to mineral oil but reducing the time period of change. More thoughts would help to finally decide on one.
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:56   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !

Thanks! Might be my last gasoline car, hopefully will much as many miles as possible.
Am sure you will!! Cheers.
Btw, what tyres do your car come with? Any planned upgrades?
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 21:08   #148
BHPian

I finally took delivery of the Figo over the last weekend!! Thanks to everyone here on TeamBHP for their help and suggestions!

(I am still trying to figure out how to upload images.. I shall share the images soon)
sooshan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 08:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally took delivery of the Figo over the last weekend!! Thanks to everyone here on TeamBHP for their help and suggestions!

(I am still trying to figure out how to upload images.. I shall share the images soon)
Congrats - which version did you pick up, the petrol or the diesel? What color? The Figo has always been an underrated gem, and I feel happy every time I see on being bought by someone on the forum. This is one company I really want to see doing well in India, but sadly, they seem to have been in the doldrums forever.

Do post some exterior and interior pics soon.
arindambasu13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 13:58   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats - which version did you pick up, the petrol or the diesel? What color? The Figo has always been an underrated gem, and I feel happy every time I see on being bought by someone on the forum. This is one company I really want to see doing well in India, but sadly, they seem to have been in the doldrums forever.

Do post some exterior and interior pics soon.
Thanks.. I ve taken the Petrol, titanium trim in white. While Ford India is seen marketing Ecosport and Endeavour to an extent, organising "she-drives" for the Freestyle, there is hardly anything for/about the Figo. Certainly not as much as a say, Nios or a Swift.

That said, I have a small query. The maps in the Figo, how does one activate the automatic display? When I had just taken the car, I observed albeit shortly, that the map shifted to the night mode on switching the headlights on. But of late, I see it remains in day mode (when the automatic map display is selected) even when the headlights are on. Any thoughts/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I shall share the pictures soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks