Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:20   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Small update on my Figo AT:

ODO now stands at 2k km, FE on the highway has been excellent! got close to 15kmpl according to MID figures!

Strangely I found the AC to be just adequate when compared to my Swift! according to many reviews Figo is supposed to have excellent cooling ability, should I have it checked?
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:45   #152
BHPian

Do we have official sun blinds for Figo? How much are they priced at? If anyone who have purchased and using them please give a feedback.

The windshield and windows are of inferior quality. Even with a Garware sun flim there is minimal heat reduction and with black interiors, the car heats up and has a typical plastic odor in it.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 13:51   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Do we have official sun blinds for Figo? How much are they priced at? If anyone who have purchased and using them please give a feedback.

The windshield and windows are of inferior quality. Even with a Garware sun flim there is minimal heat reduction and with black interiors, the car heats up and has a typical plastic odor in it.
There is a sun blind as an official accessory in the ford site. It was around 4k if I am not wrong! However, when I asked about it the service guys were like, "we dont generally suggest it". Not sure why!!!!

Just curious here, in my car, the navigation doesn't to go into night mode while the "automatic" is selected. When I had just taken delivery, I saw it changed on switching the headlights on. Any suggestion?

Last edited by sooshan : 22nd January 2020 at 13:55.
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:37   #154
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a set of sun blinds for my Figo 1.5 Tdci Titanium since 2016.

Although I didn’t go for the official accessory as it was ridiculously priced, I managed to buy one from a renowned car accessories shop here for a 1200 bucks.

They are exactly the same as the official accessory in terms of design. The fitment of the aftermarket ones are twice as good as the official ones because the official ones had some wrinkles in it when they the doors would close. My guess is that the magnets in the official ones were of inferior quality, unable to firmly hold the curtain in its place when the doors would close. The front ones have zip, making one-third of the glass area available for stuff like paying the toll, etc. The rear ones do not have such functionality.

In terms of shielding the sun and heat entering the cabin, they are truly worth it. Driving with them requires less use of the air condition and also reduces the ‘glass bubble’ feel of the vehicle. I have tinted the rear hatch glass. It is very difficult for me to now drive without them as the amount of light otherwise, is frankly irritating.

Only issue I faced, and its a lame one is that smokers, like me, would probably forget that the curtain exists initially and will poke a cigarette through them while flicking the ash out of the window. That issue has been resolved by keeping a ashtray.

I get them washed every Sunday, along with the vehicle and that works perfectly fine.

Also, the car just crossed the 111111 km mark and there is nothing in the world that I would give her up for.

Last edited by bhphog : 22nd January 2020 at 14:40.
bhphog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:22   #155
BHPian

Awesome. Which city are u based out of? And how much did the blinds cost?
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:58   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Awesome. Which city are u based out of? And how much did the blinds cost?
I’m based out of Noida. I bought them blinds for 1200/-
I’m sure the same can be found at any renowned car accessories shop in most major cities.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 22:19   #157
BHPian

Quote:
There is a sun blind as an official accessory in the ford site. It was around 4k if I am not wrong! However, when I asked about it the service guys were like, "we dont generally suggest it". Not sure why!!!!
?
I got one from a local accessories shop in Mumbai. It is just a simple fit between the window gap and does not rattles or fall down like the magnetic ones. Cost : a mere 600/-

Small gap at the rear one but manageable.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img20200126wa0019.jpeg  

VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 00:06   #158
BHPian

Looks quite neat, and does the job!! Must look for one, here in Chennai!
Old 29th January 2020, 13:35   #159
BHPian

Can someone please help with the OEM Part number for Wiper Blades?

Also are there any better non OEM wiper blades which are direct fit? Links of Amazon.in would be really helpful from anyone who has used them.
Old 8th February 2020, 01:13   #160
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Any news on the Figo BS6 launch timelines?
Old 8th February 2020, 02:11   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Hey fellow BHPian Ford Owners

I have the Ford Figo Sports TDCI and currently at 12000 KMs. I have decided to get it serviced every 7500 KMs as I have remapped it and been advised to do the engine oil change earlier just as a precaution.

Now, is it advisable to use fully synthetic oil and if yes then which one? (Would be great if one can send me links of it from Flipkart/Amazon)

On an earlier interaction with Tharian, he gave a viable logic of sticking to mineral oil but reducing the time period of change. More thoughts would help to finally decide on one.
My Fiesta 1.5 TDCi is running on a remap for 4 years now. Mineral oil + 6-7 thousand kilometres interval has been the combination for me. I was suggested by ToT to use Mineral oil and reduce intervals. As my running is low, 1 year of span happens before 7k KMs, so no problem of reducing the interval, it's already low enough. Synthetic oil is good at higher temperatures which suits petrol turboed cars running at higher pressure for long durations but for our usage, Mineral oil suits better as it doesn't need higher temperatures to operate at the required optimum viscosity.
Old 12th February 2020, 13:53   #162
BHPian

Funny issue with my car (2019 Figo Titanium TDCI) for a few days now.

About 10 days back, my phone (Mi A2 128gb) got its Android 10 update. Ever since the update, the bluetooth connection has started acting up.

Music playback from any streaming app has slowed down. As in, it plays at 0.7x to 0.9x speed. It keeps getting better the longer there is continuous playback but never gets to 1x so it is a major irritant now.

Bluetooth does not connect automatically. If the phone is not unlocked once after connecting, phone calls or music playback don't work. Today I wasn't even getting audio for incoming calls!

All this used to work on the Mi A2 Android 9 ROM absolutely fine and still works alright on my wife's Poco F1 (Android 9).

Now I dont know if this is an Android issue or an Mi issue. Mi A2 is an Android One device so has practically stock Android (which I have hated since the day I got the phone). But assumed that this would have the least issues in the long term so stuck with it for over a year.

Anybody else facing any such issues? Any solutions apart from downgrading the ROM and losing access to security updates in the future?
Old 12th February 2020, 23:56   #163
BHPian

The Figo will now come with 15 inch alloy wheels and BS6 complaint 1.2-L Petrol and 1.5-L TDCi engines. It is worth noting that the alloy wheels design has also been upgraded. I am happy that the Figo still can be had with a diesel engine.
source: http://autohunters.in/2020-ford-aspi...-alloy-wheels/
MrBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 01:06   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
The Figo will now come with 15 inch alloy wheels and BS6 complaint 1.2-L Petrol and 1.5-L TDCi engines. It is worth noting that the alloy wheels design has also been upgraded. I am happy that the Figo still can be had with a diesel engine.
source: http://autohunters.in/2020-ford-aspi...-alloy-wheels/
I think the existing alloys look better, although I would have loved to have the 15" (am guessing 185 section tyres).
The new design reminds me of the tribe's wheel cap design.
Old 13th February 2020, 06:44   #165
BHPian

Quote:
I think the existing alloys look better, although I would have loved to have the 15" (am guessing 185 section tyres).
The new design reminds me of the tribe's wheel cap design.
The new tyre size is 195/55/15 and will be similar in the Aspire and the Figo. I somehow find the new design better.
MrBeast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks