Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 10:18   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecenth View Post
Hello BHPians,
After being a member and regular reader of Team-bhp for close to 2 years, I gathered courage to add a thread on this forum about my ownership experience of Figo 1.5 TDCi. I believe this thread will be valuable for existing Ford owners and someone considering a Pre-worshipped Ford. Here it goes...
The white Figo looks rad and is a true sleeper - congratulations on owning a gem. You should enjoy the car for a long time to come. I am a big fan of the 1.5 TDCI and have been enjoying it on my Ecosport S for sometime now. Anecdotally, I drove a friend's Baleno petrol on the highway, and what a huge relief it was to come back to my own Ecosport after the trip and feel the reassuring mechanical heft and feedback from the steering, the gearbox and the clutch, and the mid range power of the TDCI, after the feather light controls of the Baleno (which I personally did not like) . Much prefer the heavier feed back and mechanical feedback from the TDCI + gearbox combination myself.

Have not felt the need for a remap yet since the engine is a very strong one even in stock form and especially lovely on expressways. Added to the mechanical prowess of this engine is the bonus of fantastic fuel efficiency and low fuel costs even with aggressive and high speed driving on the TDCI motor.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 14th March 2022 at 10:20.
arindambasu13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 10:23   #257
BHPian

Thanks for the information....i live in whitefield and planning to visit for remapping my 2006 Ford Fiesta. I am expecting to improve the mileage with that. Just curious, how much money should i keep aside for this ?
gpadki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:20   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpadki View Post
Thanks for the information....i live in whitefield and planning to visit for remapping my 2006 Ford Fiesta. I am expecting to improve the mileage with that. Just curious, how much money should i keep aside for this ?
For stage 1+, it was 28k.
jecenth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:43   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecenth View Post
The low end is improved than stock but not up to what I imagined in my head after reading in forums (My bad).
This was exactly what I felt when I did Stage 1 on my 1.5 TDi. When the car is idling at approx 800-900 rpm, there is slight improvement in power when one releases the clutch with no throttle input. After crossing that, the 900-1450 rpm band feels somewhat similar to stock with no significantly perceivable power increase. There is a noticeable increase in the 3000 to 4500+ rpm.

I'm from Chennai too, and availability of tuners was one reason I went with Code 6, represented by Sirius Motorsports in Chennai.

If you're interested, we can catch up sometime and discuss about our cars and experiences in detail. Message me anytime.
TN13Sleeper is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 22:04   #260
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I see a notification from this thread, my heart starts pounding with excitement and zeal, only to find tastefully done mods and clear cut insights. jecenth, your views totally echo my experiences and TN13Sleeper again, FWIW the TDCi mill pins you back even in stock form when one releases the clutch especially at second and third. As you said, a thorough mill and a capable chassis with a few minor mods, should shine even better. I shall pester you both at varying instances accordingly for any mods on my bone-stock TDCi, which I'd love to in the foreseeable future.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 15th March 2022 at 22:06.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 23:57   #261
BHPian

Hi @jecenth,Congrats on the Wolf stage1+ remap.
I had done the same remap on my 2017 Figo 1.5tdci and have never regretted the decision. I don't think I could drive a stock Figo 1.5tdci anymore.

Coming to the brakes, as you mentioned, the stock brake pads inspire very less confidence post a remap. After a long search I got EBC Ultimax 2 pads for my Figo. It did make a huge difference and the braking is very much confidence inspiring now. I have driven the car for more than 14k kms after shifting to Ultimax 2 pads and it still has approximately more than 30k kms left
chembilath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 22:36   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Upgrades planned :
-15 inch wheels with 195 section tyres.
- Suspension parts from Figo Blu edition.
- Antiroll bars, if any is available for the model.
Have upgraded the wheels, wanted to go for the black OEM wheels from Figo Blu, but it was not available off the shelf.

Do have lots of trips planned, hence decided to go for aftermarket ones. Momo was decent, but Lenso was slightly more unique and appealing hence decided to go for it. Very few options for Ford's PCD, hence it was easy to choose.

195/55 too had few good options, decided to go with Yokohama S drive, continental didn't have this size. Suspension upgrade is still pending

Momo

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20220323_222951.jpg

Lenso

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20220323_222931.jpg

With Yokohama S drive, after a quick wash.

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20220323_223011.jpg

Close-up shot.

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20220323_223036.jpg
giri1.8 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 17:15   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembilath View Post
Coming to the brakes, as you mentioned, the stock brake pads inspire very less confidence post a remap. After a long search I got EBC Ultimax 2 pads for my Figo. It did make a huge difference and the braking is very much confidence inspiring now. I have driven the car for more than 14k kms after shifting to Ultimax 2 pads and it still has approximately more than 30k kms left
Could you please share how much the pads cost and where you sourced it from? Thanks in advance.
Old 27th March 2022, 21:26   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Barakol View Post
Could you please share how much the pads cost and where you sourced it from? Thanks in advance.
I got the Ultimax 2 pads from GT Motorwerks. Ordered it by pinging them on their Instagram page. I believe they are based somewhere in Karnataka itself.

It cost me 3750 + shipping charges in early 2021
chembilath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 13:18   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembilath View Post
I got the Ultimax 2 pads from GT Motorwerks. Ordered it by pinging them on their Instagram page. I believe they are based somewhere in Karnataka itself.

It cost me 3750 + shipping charges in early 2021
How is the rotor holding up? And EBCs are usually fully sintered and I guess they take a toll of rotor life, any updates would be appreciated.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 28th March 2022, 15:43   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
How is the rotor holding up? And EBCs are usually fully sintered and I guess they take a toll of rotor life, any updates would be appreciated.
I had the rotors skimmed just before changing the pads and they have been holding up really well so far. Did a 2 day 1800kms drive recently and it held up real good. I get my brakes, rotors, calipers checked every 5000km

These pads as per the box are not performance pads, but offers better performance than stock pads.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-img_20220328_133152.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th July 2022 at 17:41. Reason: quote tag
chembilath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 11:27   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post

195/55 too had few good options, decided to go with Yokohama S drive, continental didn't have this size. Suspension upgrade is still pending
Quick update on the tyres.

Reduction in sidewall thickness has completely transformed the car's handling and dynamics, never expected such a drastic difference. Mid corner steering corrections are now easier to do, bodyroll has reduced too.

Don't feel much difference in performance, as the 1.5 petrol engine has enough grunt to mask any drop.

Ride quality has stiffened up, still well within acceptable limits, good part is that car doesn't float around on uneven parts of the highway.

Biggest downside is probably increase in rolling resistance (not sure if it's a placebo). This has taken a toll on fuel efficiency, which is around 2-2.5 kmpl less than usual.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:45   #268
BHPian

Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the auto dimming IRVM in the facelifted Figo/Aspire to the pre-facelift models?

I was wondering if there was any way to retrofit the auto dimming IRVM, the rain sensing wipers and the automatic headlamps to a pre-facelift Aspire.
Old 28th July 2022, 16:57   #269
BHPian

Any suggestions for tyres for an Aspire? Its a facelift Titanium. Looking for a good balanced upgrade from the stock Apollos.
Old 28th July 2022, 21:34   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Any suggestions for tyres for an Aspire? Its a facelift Titanium. Looking for a good balanced upgrade from the stock Apollos.
If your requirement is long life, then I'd suggest the Yokohoma Earth-1. A lot of people I know have changed to that and I haven't heard a negative review from anyone of them yet. It has been a year since the above mentioned people I know changed to the Earth-1 and two cars from that group has since run an amazing 20k in one year with no issues.

They are not ultra silent and comfort oriented like some Michelins though, if you're okay with that, then they're a good choice.

I am also changing my tyres which are the stock Apollos, to the Earth-1 soon. Two of my tyres are due for an upgrade asap and I've decided to ditch the stock 175 tyres and the 14" rims in favour of 15" Freestyle rims on some Earth-1s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the auto dimming IRVM in the facelifted Figo/Aspire to the pre-facelift models?

I was wondering if there was any way to retrofit the auto dimming IRVM, the rain sensing wipers and the automatic headlamps to a pre-facelift Aspire.

Does anyone have an idea? Hope this doesn't turn into a ghost thread just because Ford stopped production. I hope Ford owners can keep the thread alive.

Last edited by SaiSW : 28th July 2022 at 21:46.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks