Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 13:51   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I think Ford is one of the best manufacturers in India when it comes to introducing facelifts.
Agreed. Very tastefully done facelifts. In the last year or so, they have pretty much facelifted their entire line-up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I was in the exact same fix back in the last week of March 2019 and just as you mentioned picked up the Endeavour facelift for exact same reasons (even though Kodiaq was being for almost Rs.1.5 lakh less than Endeavour + free service package till 60k kms) + lack of punch in Kodiaq.
Congrats! Yep, I did see your post on the earlier thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
I can't help but notice the absence of ISOFIX child seat mounting points for the outer middle row of seats though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Does the Endeavour come with ISOFIX mounts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Endeavour is the only D2 SUV without isofix mounts.
Thank you! Have just added it to the opening post "Missing essentials (steering reach adjustment, tumbling 2nd row seat, Isofix mounts)".
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 14:09   #17
BHPian

Excellent review with pictures. Some points I would like to add would be regarding its off-road capabilities because in the end it is an SUV which comes with 4WD and this part would be important for some of us who travel to a lot of places where 4WD is essential.

Ford had invited us for an off-road event in Kolkata. I was apprehensive about the capabilities of this vehicle since 4WD variant is only available in the 3.2l AT variant. When off-roading, I have always preferred manuals over any AT. After driving the Endeavour on the track which was a difficult one and made by the very capable & fellow bhpian senhero, I completely changed my outlook towards this vehicle.

The track was tough but the car glided over all the obstacles with ease. On the steep hill climb which was 27 degrees, never did I feel that the car would upshift or lose steam. I was pleasantly surprised by the feeling that I was always in control. The articulation pits and other obstacles were handled with ease as well.

In the end, I came out very impressed with the vehicle capability. If I was in the market shopping in this segment, I would have bought this vehicle eyes closed.

Some pictures that we took of the event.

Locked to 4L

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-mid.jpg

Articulation pits

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-articulation-pits.jpg

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-articulation-pits1.jpg

Climb

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-steep.jpg

PS : I am in no way associated with Ford.

Cheers,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 14:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In the end though, I’d probably go with the Endeavour because of its butch presence, robustness and indisputably superior reliability / ease of ownership over the Kodiaq.

Can be modified so well!
Same here. It's on my wish-list. I would pick this eyes closed (If I had the money ).

I saw this last year. De-chromed, up-sized tyres, all black - a perfect combo.

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-img_20180131_123304.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 14:46   #19
BHPian

Point blank review for an excellent SUV.

When ever I see an Endeavour on the IRVM, I always think - This looks HUGE I hope Ford will not be fiddling with the variants line-up, like earlier.

Just curious, does Ford still omit the K-Truss beam on the facelift version too? Did ford give any explanation for why is it omitted in the Indian version alone?
.HEM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 15:59   #20
BHPian

While most of the removal of features as mentioned (apart from gear lever light) happened with 2018 manufactured pre-facelift, do the HVAC vents under the front seats make a come-back in the facelift? They were present in 2017 models.

As for the Head Lamp washers, while the competition (except Kodiaq) never offered them in current generation, their removal can be blamed on the regulation change in Homologation standard (which follows the European standard). The new rule mandates Head Lamp washers and automatic leveling for the headlamp having a light source exceeding 2000 Lumens. In sync with the competition and definitely to save cost, the manufacturers have simply changed the bulbs limiting the output to just under 2000 Lumens. No wonder the lights are getting poorer compared to some years back.
A.G. is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 07:03   #21
BHPian

What is the OTR for the 4x4 in Bangalore?I understand the Fortuner comes to an OTR of 41 lacs in Bangalore. While in completely different categories, isn’t a BMW X1 OTR also about 41-42 lacs?

While the endeavour is a great product , I worry about how ford will shape up in India and support their customer base.
Old 19th June 2019, 07:24   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
The track was tough but the car glided over all the obstacles with ease.
The advanced electronics greatly help it offroad . It's the case with so many modern SUVs (including the Compass Trailhawk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I saw this last year. De-chromed, up-sized tyres, all black - a perfect combo.
Seriously gangster! Great looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
Just curious, does Ford still omit the K-Truss beam on the facelift version too? Did ford give any explanation for why is it omitted in the Indian version alone?
Radio silence. Not like they'll come forward and say that we did it to save $$$.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
... The Endeavour comes with a 3 year / 1 lakh km standard warranty. Extended warranty up to 6 years / 1 lakh km can be purchased. As always, we strongly recommend the 6-year coverage. ...
Hi,
I have spoken to at least 3 Ford dealers and all of them have informed me that the Endeavour does come with a 3 year warranty which can be upgraded to 4year warranty. A 5 year plan is in planning still, in Ford and there is no 6 year warranty plan nor has anyone heard of it.

Are the dealers ill informed or misinformation by Ford? If the 6 year plan is available, will anyone be able to guide me to that dealer or info.

Thanks

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th June 2019 at 14:40. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Are the dealers ill informed or misinformation by Ford? If the 6 year plan is available, will anyone be able to guide me to that dealer or info.
Following is a screen grab from their website. It does show 5th and 6th year Extended Warranties.

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-fordew.png

You can now press them to give it to you. Once you do, please update this thread about the process. I'd be interested in getting it too. But, I am wondering if this can be done later, once you are nearing the end of your 4th year extended warranty.

I guess you could fill out this form to buy it online as well, or at least get started with the process.

Last edited by rovingeye : 19th June 2019 at 13:13.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 14:29   #25
BHPian

Great work on the review. Kudos!!

We have pre-facelifted model that has done about 30k KMs. We bought this over the Kodiaq and the Fortuner because we felt the Endeavour offered more value than the both of them. Also the car is on a company lease for 3 years with full maintenance coverage so its not a long termer that we would look at the Toyota. It's 90% chauffeur but for that 10% when I get behind the wheel, there 2 things that really bother me.

1. The not so great drivers seat: We had the previous gen Endeavour as well (3.0l 4x4) which had amazing front seats. This one is just not that good, I found the Kodiaq and Fortuner's seat to be much better. Don't get me wrong there are tons of adjustments, it's just the seat is not comfy enough.

2. The lethargic gear box: This is basically till it gets to the third gear (just my guess as it doesn't show the gear the car's in). I feel its very lethargic and noisy when you want to get a move on initially.

Would I go back and buy either Kodiaq or Fortuner- Nopes, I'd still choose the Endeavour over them.
karan85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 14:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
You can now press them to give it to you. Once you do, please update this thread about the process. I'd be interested in getting it too. But, I am wondering if this can be done later, once you are nearing the end of your 4th year extended warranty.

I guess you could fill out this form to buy it online as well, or at least get started with the process.
I have just come back from a Ford dealer, went to book the car but I am holding it until my Fortuner is valued by them for exchange.

I shared all this information with there sales team, supervisor and everyone and the best reply they could give me was that the 5th and 6th year plans are only available for the pre face lift version on the Endeavour. The face lifted version's extended warranty plans for 5th and 6th year are still in the works at Ford and will be rolled out soon. They did not provide me with a deadline but soon. Also you can buy the extended plans by the end of 4th year as well, as you have mentioned.

On the other hand, there is no discount on the vehicle and whatever discount they were providing was on the Insurance which I am getting done on my own anyway. Would love to know if anyone pressed them hard enough and came away with a discount
Vikram_agg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 17:47   #27
BHPian

That is strange.. i cannot seem to find the green Navigation screen on my May 2019 manufactured 3.2 4x4 Endeavour. Or is it that i have to go and activate it from somewhere?

Just realised that the Ambient light below the door handle has also been omitted after reading this updated review.. what Ford gains from these idiotic ommisions only they know!
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20190619174501_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 19th June 2019 at 17:50.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
That is strange.. i cannot seem to find the green Navigation screen on my May 2019 manufactured 3.2 4x4 Endeavour. Or is it that i have to go and activate it from somewhere?
Hey Manuuj,
I have got the green navigation area on left side of speedo from the day I got. So strange to not see it here.

You could download the latest sync 3 update and install it via usb and try again or check with service.
Although its just a compass and pretty much useless. Would have loved to see direction markers, numbers etc. there at least.
Aniket6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 11:31   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
I shared all this information with there sales team, supervisor and everyone and the best reply they could give me was that the 5th and 6th year plans are only available for the pre face lift version on the Endeavour.
We took a confirmation from Ford. Tell the dealer you'll book the Endeavour ONLY if he confirms the 6th-year warranty and build up the pressure. Here is Ford's statement:

Quote:
Standard Warranty(Factory warranty) is up to 2 years / 100K Kms for all models. For 2019 New Endeavor vehicles, 3rd Year EW is offered as Free for all customers. In website the price mentioned as 19,500 is applicable for Prior model (old Endeavour). The warranty can be extended up to 6 years / 100K Kms. Top up Extended Warranty options are available.
Basically, Ford has to update its website & let dealers know of the new pricing (although I don't think the extended warranty pricing should change).
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 12:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We took a confirmation from Ford. Tell the dealer you'll book the Endeavour ONLY if he confirms the 6th-year warranty and build up the pressure. Here is Ford's statement:

Basically, Ford has to update its website & let dealers know of the new pricing (although I don't think the extended warranty pricing should change).
Thanks GTO, I did the same and mailed Ford India, to my surprise I got 3 replies in the same day. They asked the dealers name and told me that the dealer will contact me soon with the correct information. All of this happened yesterday after 2 pm, after I visited the Ford dealer.

I just received a call from the dealer a few minutes back although the Assistant Manager told me that the warranty is available but they have no clarification on the price. According to them if I go for the 6 year plan then I will have to 4th, 5th and 6th year charges COMBINED, which totals to more than a lac. I explained to them that, that's not possible, you cannot add the 3 years and charge, it's upto me for how many years I want to extend it and they can only charge me for that year. 6 year plan is for 50k, so only 50k can be charged according to Ford webiste.

Now they have called me to the dealership because "they will not be able to explain and make understand how it works, over the phone".
What's hilarious is, that till yesterday none of the sales team knew about the warranty while the GM and Asst GM knew.

Will get back once I am done UNDERSTANDING.
Vikram_agg is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks