Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 15:16   #31
BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review

I just got off a conference call arranged by Ford India with the Noida Ford dealer's GM. It has been made clear that 4th, 5ht and 6th year extended warranty are top ups and the prices mentioned on the Ford India website for the 4th,5th and 6th year will be clubbed together and treated separately. The prices for all 3 years will be added if I want to buy a 6 year plan. The plans as mentioned on the website go from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.
I find this to be quite stupid when only the time is increasing and not the mileage. All plans will end when you touch 1 lac kms. Where as cheaper cars by Ford like eco sport and aspire have extended warranty's till 1.5 lacs kms. This is one the strangest warranty policies I have ever come across.
Vikram_agg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 15:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
It has been made clear that 4th, 5th and 6th year extended warranty are top ups and the prices mentioned on the Ford India website for the 4th,5th and 6th year will be clubbed together and treated separately. The prices for all 3 years will be added if I want to buy a 6 year plan
This sounds ridiculous to say the least! I can't imagine what's up with the folks at Ford India - first feature deletions, now this!! They seem to be doing all they can to deter potential customers who are going for the Endeavour instead of the segment king. Utterly surprising.
Old 20th June 2019, 15:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I just got off a conference call arranged by Ford India with the Noida Ford dealer's GM. It has been made clear that 4th, 5ht and 6th year extended warranty are top ups and the prices mentioned on the Ford India website for the 4th,5th and 6th year will be clubbed together and treated separately. The prices for all 3 years will be added if I want to buy a 6 year plan. The plans as mentioned on the website go from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.
Also, while you're going through the process, please clarify if the post 4th year extended warranty comes with roadside assistance or not? If you go by their website, I think they are saying 5th and 6th year top ups do not include RSA.

Quote:
What baffles me is the mileage not increasing, is Ford saying that after 1 lacs kms, you are on your own. All the while backing smaller cars.
I know. I'm equally perplexed about this. Especially when I read this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-coverage.html (Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage)

Last edited by rovingeye : 20th June 2019 at 16:05.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 16:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Also, while you're going through the process, please clarify if the post 4th year extended warranty comes with roadside assistance or not? If you go by their website, I think they are saying 5th and 6th year top ups do not include RSA.
No they don't come with RSA post the 4th year, it is one of the most ill imagined policies I believe and to top it all, the dealer claims that no company gives a single price warranty policy, according to him, every manufacturer adds the charges for all the years separately. What baffles me is the mileage not increasing, is Ford saying that after 1 lacs kms, you are on your own. All the while backing smaller cars.
Vikram_agg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
the dealer claims that no company gives a single price warranty policy, according to him, every manufacturer adds the charges for all the years separately..
Please show these numbers to him.

Anyway since he came to know about his own cars warranty plan after your efforts only, we can't expect him to keep abreast with competition.

Toyota Fortuner
Standard 3yr 1lakh.kms
Extended
7yrs /1lakh40thousand KMS
Or high running 5yrs / 2 lakh 20 thousand kms

Skoda kodiaq
Standard 4year 1lakhkms
Extended shield plus
6yrs/1lakh50thousand km

Isuzu MUX
standard 5years 1lakh50thoudsand kms

Honda CR-V
Standard 4 years (2 year /40thousand (3,4th year inbuilt warranty)
Extended
7years 1lakh40thousamd

Alturas
Standard 3 years/1 lakh 20thousand
Extended 5years 1lakh50 thousand

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2019 at 07:22. Reason: 2.2 lakh km, not 2.8 lakh km
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:28   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
According to them if I go for the 6 year plan then I will have to 4th, 5th and 6th year charges COMBINED, which totals to more than a lac. I explained to them that, that's not possible, you cannot add the 3 years and charge, it's upto me for how many years I want to extend it and they can only charge me for that year. 6 year plan is for 50k, so only 50k can be charged according to Ford webiste.
Quote:
It has been made clear that 4th, 5ht and 6th year extended warranty are top ups and the prices mentioned on the Ford India website for the 4th,5th and 6th year will be clubbed together and treated separately. The prices for all 3 years will be added if I want to buy a 6 year plan. The plans as mentioned on the website go from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th.
Just to ensure we're on the same page. The Endeavour gets a 3-year warranty. So the 4th year is 22600, 5th year is 43000 and 6th year is 50000? If so, the total cost for 6 years of coverage is Rs 115,600.

I think the pricing is fair for a 40-lakh OTR car. Equivalent European cars charge much higher. Heck, for a 1/2 price VW Jetta, my brother had paid 45 - 50k for the 4-year extended warranty.

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-annotation-20190620-172529.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:41   #37
BHPian

In hind sight one can come to terms with the amount charged considering the year of ownership would be high. The kicker is the kms, 1 lac kms is nothing for these cars, look at Toyota, warranty till 2,80,000 kms.

Now I might complete the 1 lac kms in 4 to 5 years, not beyond that. 6th year does not make sense to me. It's the kms range that does not make any sense.
Vikram_agg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 13:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Equivalent European cars charge much higher. Heck, for a 1/2 price VW Jetta, my brother had paid 45 - 50k for the 4-year extended warranty.
Attachment 1886645
Quote:
In hind sight one can come to terms with the amount charged considering the year of ownership would be high. The kicker is the kms, 1 lac kms is nothing for these cars, look at Toyota, warranty till 2,80,000 kms.
Just for a comparison with another European.

I was at Skoda few days ago and the Kodiaq bundles its shield plus package for a whopping 2.38 lakhs. But this includes company preferred 1 year zero dep+3 years Third party insurance. On prodding, the dealer showed the the cost breakup document from the company indicating about 95k for the 6 years Extended warranty and the rest is for insurance which he was willing to match with outside offer.

So for a L&K, which is priced (read overpriced) a whole 3 lacs ex-showroom over the 3.2, the 95000 includes the Extended Warranty and Road Side Assistance and for a 1,50,000 km cap.

I feel Ford could've been a little more aggressive with the extended warranty bit, especially if someone is willing to pay upfront the cost for next 6 years, instead of 'topping up' at each later stage.

I think and hope this confusion's because things are still in flux with regard to this 6 years warranty and the company will communicate clearly to the dealers once things settle down.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 17:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
That is strange.. i cannot seem to find the green Navigation screen on my May 2019 manufactured 3.2 4x4 Endeavour. Or is it that i have to go and activate it from somewhere?
It's surprising that the Power Distribution gauge is also missing now.

Reference Pic
2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-power-distribution-gauge.jpg
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:04   #40
BHPian

So took delivery of my Endeavour last friday, 3.2 AT, white. Getting into it straight out of a 2011 Fortuner, the Endeavour seems to be the right choice day after day. Comfortable, imposing and intimidating, getting used to the much talked about Gear shifts. Few niggling complaints but nothing that sours the deal.
I think I'll be able to live with it for the better part of a decade.
Vikram_agg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So took delivery of my Endeavour last friday, 3.2 AT, white. Getting into it straight out of a 2011 Fortuner, the Endeavour seems to be the right choice day after day. Comfortable, imposing and intimidating, getting used to the much talked about Gear shifts. Few niggling complaints but nothing that sours the deal.
Congratulations on the good buy. I'm sure you will like each and every aspect of the Endeavour. It's mere pleasure to drive the 3.2.
I wish you miles and miles, and safe driving.
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on a great choice.

What niggles did you get?
I have not got any niggles so far.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Congrats on a great choice.

What niggles did you get?
I have not got any niggles so far.
Thanks, the niggles I am talking about are more of finding fault where there is none. Like one doesn't come to know which gear you are driving in. The TPMS shows different psi whenever you check it, even after you have the correct psi stored once. One thing that I am not sure if its a problem with my usb or the port, the usb I put in keeps on disconnecting while it was performing well with the old car. Will have to check it thoroughly. Also the gear shifts require a lot of getting used to I suppose.
Old 3rd July 2019, 20:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the gear shifts require a lot of getting used to I suppose.
Could you please elaborate on this?
Old 7th July 2019, 16:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, the niggles I am talking about are more of finding fault where there is none. Like one doesn't come to know which gear you are driving in. The TPMS shows different psi whenever you check it, even after you have the correct psi stored once. One thing that I am not sure if its a problem with my usb or the port, the usb I put in keeps on disconnecting while it was performing well with the old car. Will have to check it thoroughly. Also the gear shifts require a lot of getting used to I suppose.
The TPMS readings vary as tyre pressure increases and decreases inside due to driving and heat. This is normal.

The gear shifts are something that even i am struggling with at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Could you please elaborate on this?
To elaborate on the gear shifts: the gears changes while extremely smooth are a quite a bit delayed specially in the 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear in low speed city driving conditions.

The Endeavour seems to hold on to the lower gears for much longer and one can hear the engine rev.

When in traffic or at lower speeds it basically does not upshift from maybe 2nd to 3rd and prefers to stay in 1st or 2nd gear for much longer than i would in my manual vehicle.
I own 2 other Automatics (Camry Hybrid and a Baleno) and they upshift quickly and smoothly.

It only when one presses down on the accelerator does the Endeavour change gears smoothly.

I infact go into manual mode to upshift from the lower gears to match my sedate driving style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks