Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 15:21   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review

It seems Ford is set to launch the Everest (Endeavour) SPORT in Thailand on 15th November 2019;

It gets the 2L 4 cyl, 213 hp & 500 NM engine

Gearbox : 10 Speed A/T

Other features & improvements;

The new blue exterior body color
New design black front grille
20 inch black alloy wheels
Black front bumper decoration set
Black rear bumper decoration set
Black roof railings
Black side step
Add Bi-LED projector lens headlights
Add a USB charging socket in the rearview mirror area.

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-everest_sport_banner_coming.jpg

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-2019fordrangerraptor5.jpg

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-2018fordeverest01.jpg

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-2018fordeverest05.jpg

2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-2018fordeverest021.jpg

Source
karan561 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 18:44   #62
BHPian

Folks.. Need to decide between the Endy 3.2 Titanium and Fortuner 4x4 AT in the next 2 weeks. Need all the help I can get. To begin with, here's the quote from one of the Bangalore Ford Dealers:

Ex Showroom: 33,70,000
1% TCS: 33,700
Comprehensive Insurance(3 year TP + 1 year OD): 1,60, 019
RTO Charges: 6,78,123
Essential Kit: 7,150

On road: 42,48,992

Dealer is giving 50% discount on the insurance and another 50,000 apparently from dealer margin.

The discounted on road is approx. 41,35,000

How good or bad a deal is this?
Old 10th November 2019, 19:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Folks.. Need to decide between the Endy 3.2 Titanium and Fortuner 4x4 AT in the next 2 weeks. Need all the help I can get.

6 months back, I was able to negotiate a 45k discount on the insurance. That's all I got. Since I badly wanted the car in my garage, I settled for it.

Also, since you mentioned you need to decide between the Fortuner and Endeavour, I would say the price differential should not be a deciding factor. You're paying approx 40 lakh for either, give or take. Go by which car you liked in your test drives. You will have to drive it for the next few years at least.

I just hope you pick the Endeavour, since it's the better car in all respects.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 21:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The deal seems good. Most of the dealers are not keen on giving cash discounts, so you can squeeze in some accessories.

For deciding between Endeavour and Fortuner, you really need to take a longish test drive of both and then decide.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 06:50   #65
BHPian

Many thanks for the response! To be honest, here's whats causing all the confusion. Its been a few years since I have been fantasising about the Fortuner. Now that I am somehow(quite a stretch) managing to arrange the Moolah, I know its the Fortuner that I am moving forward with. But the short test drives of both the cars have left me feeling sad mainly due to my blind love for the Fortuner.

The Fortuner's test drive was NOTHING to write home about. The NVH levels on full throttle were alarming. The sales executive intervened stating that there is something wrong with the car and that its not this noisy otherwise. Which was another redflag as the car was new with just around 11K on the ODO.

The Endeavour on the other hand felt like a proper Luxury SUV. Had much better NVH levels and didnt seem like it was running out of breath at all. The last row however, didnt seem like its of much use.

And as if this confusion wasn't enough, I was redlining back from the test drives in my Vento 1.6 TDI and realised that the crazy pick up and agility of the Vento is going to be missed for ever.

Oh well, I am yet to receive a quote from Toyota but will do another long test drive of both cars before I finalise. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited by XLR8 : 11th November 2019 at 06:59.
XLR8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 11:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
............ but will do another long test drive of both cars before I finalise. Will keep you all posted.

I would also suggest take a long testdrive of both the cars. Preferably on the same day. Also preferably on the kind of route you're familiar with like your office route or your favourite drive route. Do ask the test cars to have the manufacturer recommended air pressure in the tires. TD both and you'll come to a conclusion. Both are absolutely fantastic cars and you cannot go wrong with either.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 14:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh well, I am yet to receive a quote from Toyota but will do another long test drive of both cars before I finalise. Will keep you all posted.

If you again take test drive of both vehicles, you will again like the Endeavour for sure. But I guess your mind is inclined for Fortuner. No matter what you buy, you should be satisfied after the purchase and not repent later. Sometimes some decisions need to be taken by the heart.
Old 28th November 2019, 14:13   #68
BHPian

So here's the latest from my side. I am taking delivery of a Pearl White 4x4 AT Fortuner tomorrow, with the chamois leather interiors.

Apologies again for letting the Endeavour family down. Whichever way you look at it, the Endeavour IS ahead of the Fortuner and a better product. To be honest, mine was a very biased decision, courtesy of the 5 year long love affair with the fortuner. It was the heart that won the argument over the head. Hopefully the head doesnt have the last laugh.
XLR8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 17:09   #69
BHPian

Hello All,

Got my 3.2, 4 Wheel drive beast at home yesterday.
Got a huge discount deal (which I am advised not to post on public forum) on on-road price + accessories worth 25K

The beast has 8th Nov 2019 birthdate.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Ford Endeavour Facelift : Official Review-endeavour-pooja-004.jpg  

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 28th November 2019 at 17:11.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 17:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here's the latest from my side. I am taking delivery of a Pearl White 4x4 AT Fortuner tomorrow, with the chamois leather interiors
Congratulations on your new ride and more importantly, on owning a car that you have been lusting over for quite a few years I know exactly how that feels, as I have gone through similar experience a few times now.

As someone already pointed out, both SUVs are lovely cars - with their own pros and cons - and you cannot go wrong with either. What is most important is that YOU are happy with what you bought and that is what matters at the end of the day for someone who lives to drive. Wishing you hundreds of trouble-free and safe kilometers on your Fortuner
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 20:08   #71
BHPian

Hi,

Did anyone try the FordPass App? For me its not sending me the verification code.
Its suppose to work with 2019 models with Sync 3
Old 8th March 2020, 20:19   #72
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday Ford guys have conducted an off-road event at Dirt Mania on Kanakapura road, Bangalore. This was the first time I experienced a staged off-road event and an amazing experience it was I should say. The capability of the car was very well demonstrated during its course.

It's the world's first 10-speed auto box as most of you would know.
All the obstacles they've set was indeed a cakewalk for the Endeavour and it amazed me how mechatronics loaded onto the car make such light work of the challenges thrown at the car. The manoeuvre at the tilt angle section was the one which made me sweat behind the ears a little and the pro instructor gave the tip and importance of keeping the steering angle at 0°.
Old 9th March 2020, 06:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
It's the world's first 10-speed auto box as most of you would know.
It’s not, Both Honda & Toyota has 10 speed gearbox. It’s the first 10 speed AT in India.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 08:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...price/1891636/

In this article they mention that FORD claims it to be world's first.At least that's what they're claiming

Even those ford guys at the event in their introduction was quoting the same.
Old 2nd July 2020, 10:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Yesterday Ford guys have conducted an off-road event at Dirt Mania on Kanakapura road, Bangalore. This was the first time I experienced a staged off-road event and an amazing experience it was I should say. The capability of the car was very well demonstrated during its course.
I'm curious to know how one is invited to these events. I would love to try out my Endevour 3.2 on a dirt track/ off road track. So far, driven it only on Bangalore roads

Most Viewed