Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2019, 17:40   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Asterix, did you get your car? A friend of mine booked the V CVT in red and his booking was cancelled due to lack of stock, the only car available was a February manufactured car which has been with Sundaram motors since June. Was just wondering if this is the case with everyone. TIA.
I got a V-CVT under the 2 lakh discount scheme recently and the car is March'19 manufactured. As per SE of local dealer in Noida, the discount was rolled out to clear the stock of V CVT which was piling up due to less demand of V variant. So most likely the manufacturing date will be of first half of 2019. And by the time I went for my number plate installation after 10 days, he said the V variant is now out of stock.
PB10rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 22:12   #107
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
I got a V-CVT under the 2 lakh discount scheme recently and the car is March'19 manufactured. As per SE of local dealer in Noida, the discount was rolled out to clear the stock of V CVT which was piling up due to less demand of V variant. So most likely the manufacturing date will be of first half of 2019. And by the time I went for my number plate installation after 10 days, he said the V variant is now out of stock.
My car was a May 19 manufactured one. IMO the V offers great value for money, and the interiors can be spruced up to the VX and ZX easily. The only miss will be the LED headlights. Does anyone know if the LED headlights of the ZX can be fit on the V? Honda dealership doesnt want to do it.
Old 17th November 2019, 00:37   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix View Post
My car was a May 19 manufactured one. IMO the V offers great value for money, and the interiors can be spruced up to the VX and ZX easily. The only miss will be the LED headlights. Does anyone know if the LED headlights of the ZX can be fit on the V? Honda dealership doesnt want to do it.
OEM LED headlamps cost a bomb and will also not be plug and play. Additionally the wiring harness will also be different for the LEDs as compared to the halogens. Not at all worth it IMO.

The only options you have are:

- Source a set of aftermarket LED projectors (several examples on aliexpress) that are plug and play. The base civic also has DRLs as stock so aftermarket units shouldn't require wire splicing. You can revert back to stock easily incase warranty issues arise

- Simply upgrade the bulbs in the current headlamps if visibility is a problem. This will do nothing to help the aesthetic cause of the front end though

I would surely suggest the second option if light output alone is a problem. All said and done, even aftermarket headlamps will set you back 35-40K at least (1L+ for OEM LED headlamps). Swap the bulbs and you should be sorted.

The V is otherwise a very well sorted variant IMO. It's good VFM for the features it offers and doesn't end up looking too barebones unlike certain other cars belonging to the same segment.

Last edited by vishy76 : 17th November 2019 at 01:03.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 12:45   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
With the ongoing hefty discounts on the Diesel, it might be a good option for people who have to do long highway rides and want a good fuel efficient car with best in segment efficiency, a decent power and torque output, high reliability, all creature comforts, a good looking car that offers decent value.

Also, for automotive enthusiasts, it is a bit of a landmark engine, one of the last brand new small diesels to be developed in the world, where the art of engine design has reached a pinnacle of sophistication and optimization, however, has arrived too late to make a difference in the ..... But it is fitting for such an engineering-led company that, despite its modest output, this little diesel should be remembered as one of the pinnacles of its genre"

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/
It's a gem of an engine, both in terms of driveability and efficiency.

I've had my diesel vx for about a week now and covered about 400km. 100 odd km in the city and 300 in the highways. The 300 odd nm of torque makes city driving quite easy, you can zip into gaps before the dzire beside you can move. On the highway, it has enough power to effortlessly go from 100 to 130+ in 6th gear without breaking a sweat.

Unlike the 1.5litre Honda diesels, the 1.6 has very little clatter until you cross 3.5k rpm, in normal city speeds, you won't realize it's a diesel and it sips so little fuel that I've got an average of 17 odd kmpl till now.

There are 3 reasons why I didn't go for the ZX trim, sunroofs jam, leak, and rust, 50 profile tyres are not really suited for our roads, and OEM led headlamps cost a bomb to replace without substantial benefits over halogens.
teknophobia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:09   #110
BHPian

The civic recently received a facelift which is supposedly India-bound. Is there any chance of the facelifted model to be equipped with the 1.5 turbo engine? I have a petrol Civic currently on order and this new development is making me quite anxious.
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:52   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
The civic recently received a facelift which is supposedly India-bound. Is there any chance of the facelifted model to be equipped with the 1.5 turbo engine? I have a petrol Civic currently on order and this new development is making me quite anxious.
I don't think there has been an official announcement to that, so until then it is only speculation. As of now, no reports on which engine they would carry, so I'm guessing it's the current one that's already here.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 21:01   #112
BHPian

I just rest drove a civic petrol. Agreed, the gearbox doesn't do justice to the engine but it isn't as bad as it is made out to be. I loved the driving position,
and the excellent handling. The suspension is also extremely mature making the ride very balanced. I'm next test driving the diesel variant. I expect it to be more fun to drive. I might not end up buying either though since the Octavia is better.

Note to self: don't overly rely on reviews (as awesome as they may be) and make judgements for myself!
kauphylover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 10:03   #113
SDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
I just rest drove a civic petrol. Agreed, the gearbox doesn't do justice to the engine but it isn't as bad as it is made out to be. ...
Note to self: don't overly rely on reviews (as awesome as they may be) and make judgements for myself!
Completely agree to your point . In fact, it was one reason why I made a posting on "Why I bought a Honda Civic over its competitors". I just felt that after the Official Review, a good number of subsequent posts were beating it hard. I was biased too with all the perspectives till I did a test drive myself.

Once I did that, I was thoroughly sure I had to explore more about the vehicle through many more reviews and ended up liking Alex On Autos, Savage Geese and some more.

Again, it matters on what you are looking for. I think from an enthusiast's point of view, surely Octavia is the better one, till you get to the TCO experience.

But there are many good experiences as part of the Civic ownership. I guess it is more like how much ever Abhishek Bachchan tries to work hard, he is compared to his legendary dad The 8th Gen Civic was surely a keeper.
SDO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 15:32   #114
BHPian

@SDO, I just reread your post. Thank you for the writeup.

I did test drive the diesel a few days ago. With the discounts in offer, it's a much more attractive proposition than a petrol. I did like the diesel but one will have to live with turbo lag below 1500 rpm and if one is going to spend a lot of time in traffic, it will be a little bit of a pain but nothing that one can't learn to deal with. After the turbo kicks in, however, I found it quite a bit of fun to drive.

I also did a couple of u-turns (on purpose) and the ridiculous turning radius shows it ugly face. I can't believe Honda couldn't (or chose not to) fix it. The other things I wasn't a big fan of were: the boot (much smaller than competition), the seat leather(ette?) which somehow looked average for the price, the transmission tunnel - why honda why? And a few other cosmetic things which won't matter once I'm inside the car.

If I end up buying the civic, I'll end up buying the diesel version (primarily because of the discounts) or the V CVT (relatively VFM) but the Octavia is just so hard to ignore given it has few faults! The civic diesel will have twice the mileage of the Octavia (petrol) though!

Forgot to mention, I felt a significant amount of vibration in the clutch pedal when I pushed the clutch a tiny bit but not enough to engage it. I'm guessing this was the case only with the test drive vehicle (3700k on the ODO) and should not be the case with new vehicles. Did someone else experience something like this?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st December 2019 at 15:57. Reason: Merging back to back post, as requested.
kauphylover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 19:30   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Civic establishes as the segment leader. This is the only Segment that Honda is maintaining its lead over competition consistently.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3984
Size:  6.6 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 06:50   #116
BHPian

@kauphy a month and about 900km later, I can confirm that there are no vibrations like you described.
teknophobia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 07:15   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
@kauphy a month and about 900km later, I can confirm that there are no vibrations like you described.
Thanks, so it must have been just that tesr drive car.
Old 8th December 2019, 21:32   #118

Quote:
I think they cost about 3 k including labour. have ordered a set along with honda seat covers and infotainment system for my V
I have a question, I inquired about the front parking sensors from my dealer, he quoted 6499/- for front parking sensors. My question is are the accessories priced differently at each dealer? I would assume it should be prescribed by Honda as these are official accessories.

I have attached the price list of all the accessories available for Civic (provided by my dealer). I was curious as you mentioned 3k including labour.

I bought a V CVT last week, more details to follow in a seperate post about my experience. Basically I got a sweet deal, 18.5 L OTR with 5 year extended warranty, zero depreciation insurance (had 20k adjusted because of my NCB from old car). And white colour was approx. 10k expensive than the other metallic colour options.

This is my first post, so bear with me if I missed to mention something
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img20191208wa0008.jpg  

anm_delhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 00:15   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm_delhi View Post
I have a question, I inquired about the front parking sensors from my dealer, he quoted 6499/- for front parking sensors. My question is are the accessories priced differently at each dealer? I would assume it should be prescribed by Honda as these are official accessories.

I
My bad...the price was around 6500 and this list is correct. I went for the sensors, the sill illumination, foot well lamps and upgraded to a touchscreen unit given by Honda.
Old 11th December 2019, 18:35   #120

Quote:
My bad...the price was around 6500 and this list is correct. I went for the sensors, the sill illumination, foot well lamps and upgraded to a touchscreen unit given by Honda.
Thanks for confirming

Has anyone upgraded the stock system that comes in the V variant. It is very basic with no touch capabilities, just Bluetooth works fine and looks wise, dates back almost 10 years.

I was quoted 50k for Digipad 2.0 by honda which to me seems an over expensive proposition. It does have the apple car play and android auto, but not sure of any additional features. Display seemed pretty average on the Amaze variant.

I was informed that going forward, this will be the stock system in upcoming Honda City as well. Not sure how true this is.
anm_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed