Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2020, 12:51   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
Great. I was curious as to if this impacts your Honda warranty coverage..
Did you check?
I believe it shouldn't, as all is plug and play with no extra watts being consumed, from same set of original wires.
Old 10th August 2020, 00:57   #197

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
Replaced the halogen lamps for Low Beam and Fog Lamps, with HID and LED respectively, on my V-CVT.

For sure the throw of light on road has improved significantly, and ofcourse the aesthetics have improved.
Thanks for sharing, which specific brand have you gone with?

Also, why did you go with HID over LED for the Low Beam, I have reading a lot on this topic and LED's have come a long way in the last couple of years.

Last question, was it a DIY or you got it installed somewhere?

I have been looking to change my cabin lights to white LED's but have not yet got a decent branded product to buy.
Old 10th August 2020, 22:56   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm_delhi View Post
Thanks for sharing, which specific brand have you gone with?

Also, why did you go with HID over LED for the Low Beam, I have reading a lot on this topic and LED's have come a long way in the last couple of years.

Last question, was it a DIY or you got it installed somewhere?
Went for Osram, 6000k ones as they r whiter.

HID is brighter n illumination is better than an LED, for projectors. Though I also initially wanted an LED lamp only, but the accessories shop owner was hell bent to install only HIDs in projectors if more illumination is required. Though he had a variety of LEDs to offer as well. There ll be a delay of 15 sec for lighting up fully, but HID 'll illuminate the road, way better than LED.

As I bought the lights from an accessories shop, so his guy installed them in 15 mins. He fixed the ballasts well on either sides and tied the wires neatly. Though you can go for DIY if you order the kit online. I think I gave just Rs200 extra as compared to online price, but installation was neat.
PB10rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 01:39   #199

I undertook a small DIY to add atmosphere lights in my Civic. Honestly I was a bit sceptical but

- Got the required hardware dirt cheap (299/- on Amazon prime day sale)
- The upgrade is completely reversible
- No wire cutting or any modification is entailed in the process
- Time required 60-90 mins
- The LED color can be controlled by a small IR remote (I don't like flashing or strobing lights, so a shade of blue would be my permanent choice).
- Surprisingly you can also reduce or increase the intensity/brightness of the LED's, so I get multiple shades of Blue

So, with nothing to lose (till these LED's stop working), I started the experiment. The results are so far quite satisfactory, in fact my 8 year old is quite impressed by the new feature in our ride

Steps involved:
  • Open the LED box and make a quick test by connecting the lights to the 12V socket
  • Untangle and seperate out the 4 LED Strips and wires
  • Place the wires along the crevices where you will tuck them easily. Here the centre console in the Civic comes pretty handy, there is ample room, from both sides I could insert my fingers and meet them at the center
  • Once you are satisfied with the layout, tuck the wires and remove the 3M tape to stick the LED strips. For now, this worked but I have my doubts if these will continue to stick after few days. Worst case, I will use an original 3m two-way tape and stick them again.
  • I was also able to tuck the adapter (there is a small box that controls.the LED colors etc) under the center Console, and just left a tiny IR adapter peeking out from below
  • That's it, more or less

As I said, once I get bored or these stop working, I can remove the wires and the whole setup in 20 mins or so.

Some pictures on the final results, note that no wires are visible except for 1 running from the charger to underneath the console (I will try and click some pictures during day time).

I might need to redo the one strip on the driver side, I noticed that from a particular angle from the rear seat, a small part of the LED strip is visible, so I will tuck it further behind the panel.

Happy to hear what you think about it, some night time pictures attached. It looks quite subtle in real and maybe the pictures don't do complete justice.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200810_232718.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200810_232551_exported_3739898935666826879.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200810_232522_exported_4123697176574086153.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200810_232621.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200810_232407.jpg  

anm_delhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 08:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm_delhi View Post

Happy to hear what you think about it, some night time pictures attached. It looks quite subtle in real and maybe the pictures don't do complete justice.
The job you did is pretty neat for a DIY.

Such ambient lighting from Honda would have cost upwards 5k, and at Rs 300 its crazy.

The car for sure looks pretty sporty with these lights on.

Enjoy the ambiance till it works!

Last edited by Sheel : 12th August 2020 at 09:40. Reason: u = you. Strictly no SMS language please.
PB10rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 00:32   #201

Quote:
The car for sure looks pretty sporty with these lights on.

Enjoy the ambience till it works!
Thanks, fingers crossed...I have few more upgrades in mind:

- Cabin lights replacement with LED's
- Headlights/Fog lamp LED's
- Dash cam (preferably hardwire using fuse tap)
- TPMS (external ones) with app connectivity

Will update once I get to these
Old 13th August 2020, 20:31   #202
BHPian

Test drove the new Civic CVT. I do not think the price (27.5L for top end auto) is justified for the lack of features and mediocre engine.

Lack of Lumbar support (Only after 15 mins into the drive, I could feel just a faint pain in lower back), No memory seats, No ventilated seats (even Verna has this). Also, I see so many manufacturers not giving 'good resolution' display for reverse camera, including Honda. It just feels kind of cheap to see a low resolution camera after spending close to 3 million.

But I really liked the sporty exterior looks (perhaps the best looking car on sale today), sporty seating position, cockpit type console, cabin width, well calibrated and short travel brakes, perfectly weighted steering. Handling was so much fun. Had to zig zag a bit in medium traffic at around 60-70 kph and chassis felt very tight.

Still, my choice would be the Octavia Tsi (even with that risky DSG) for driving fun and features, even though I love the exterior looks and interiors of Civic.
Mynameis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 08:26   #203
BHPian

Does the new 2019 india spec Honda Civic have a door auto lock feature when the car picks up speed?
The US spec Honda Civic has door auto lock as soon as the car goes beyond a threshold speed.
The car I am driving (Honda Civic ZX CVT petrol) does not seem to have that feature and I need to manually lock the doors before i start moving..

Has any of the owners been able to find or enable this feature?
Old 17th August 2020, 11:03   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
Test drove the new Civic CVT. I do not think the price (27.5L for top end auto) is justified for the lack of features and mediocre engine.
27.5L for Honda Civic ZX CVT Petrol is way out more than what actual buyers are paying.

Honda is giving a Rs 100,000 cash discount straight, and with a little clever negotiation, one should be able to manage a Rs1,50,00 total discount easily over the list price..

The OTR road price inclusive of insurance, Road tax and extended warranty should be 24 to 24.5L tops
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 18:28   #205
BHPian

A quick question on the audio quality of the civic. Specifically the speakers.

Does anyone know what brand of speakers are built in?
The Hyundai Elantra comes with Infinity speakers & ofcourse the Creta / Seltos siblings come with Bose as OEM.

Overall how is the audio quality. From what I have read there is no subwoofer or amp built in.

Has anyone done an upgrade for the speakers? Would love to hear the same. Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:32   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-Addict View Post
A quick question on the audio quality of the civic. Specifically the speakers.

Does anyone know what brand of speakers are built in?
The Hyundai Elantra comes with Infinity speakers & ofcourse the Creta / Seltos siblings come with Bose as OEM.
The Honda Civic audio quality is neutral in terms of it does not add artificial bass. I find the audio quality precise and clear and pleasing.. The mid tones come out crisp and clear and the bass has enough punch..

I am pretty happy and pleased with the response.. (I am an audiophile)
If one is looking for club house deep thumping bass response, then you should ass a subwoofer
ssenhyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 15:25   #207
BHPian

The audio quality of V-CVT stock speakers is very average. VX & ZX have tweeters also. So I believe VX & ZX have better component speakers than coaxials of V.

I myself am looking forward for upgrading the speakers on my V-CVT.
PB10rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 17:53   #208
BHPian

Quote:
The audio quality of V-CVT stock speakers is very average. VX & ZX have tweeters also. So I believe VX & ZX have better component speakers than coaxials of V.

I myself am looking forward for upgrading the speakers on my V-CVT.
I was referring to ZX-CVT variant
Old 20th August 2020, 20:58   #209
SDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
Does the new 2019 india spec Honda Civic have a door auto lock feature when the car picks up speed?
None of the CIVIC variants get speed-sensitive door locks. Looks like an unexpected omission. The other models like Jazz have such locks. The initial media reviews seemed to indicate this feature will be available. However, Honda removed many Sensing Suite features and this one has slipped away with that.
SDO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 06:51   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDO View Post
None of the CIVIC variants get speed-sensitive door locks. Looks like an unexpected omission. The other models like Jazz have such locks. The initial media reviews seemed to indicate this feature will be available. However, Honda removed many Sensing Suite features and this one has slipped away with that.
In my list of features this would be the only omission that IMO is inexcusable in this car. This is a basic safety feature and not enabling that is not cool for Honda. I can live with the too much chrome, small console/display, lack of TPMS etc., but the omission of such a basic safety feature in a car renown for it's safety features IMO is inexcusable for Honda

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks