Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 11:47   #241
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Update - My car has reached Mumbai from the factory after a painful wait of more than 10 days. It is a September manufactured vehicle. Currently undergoing the RTO process which is also painful. Missed my deadline of getting the car this weekend. :(

I have done a lot of research on OEM accessories and happy to report that stuff like OEM fit wireless chargers (one may debate the need), chrome accents for switches, sill plates, integrated TPMS and other knick-knacks are widely available on Aliexpress even for right-hand drive markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
From a curiosity point of view, it would be great if you could ask Honda whether they can deliver a non sunroof ZX to you and let us know.

Cheers
They don't allow this. I think primarily because CKD parts are marked as such and breaking the chain for one car might cause chaos in the production line.
andafunda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 13:14   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
I have done a lot of research on OEM accessories and happy to report that stuff like OEM fit wireless chargers (one may debate the need), chrome accents for switches, sill plates, integrated TPMS and other knick-knacks are widely available on Aliexpress even for right-hand drive markets
Great news on your car, congratulations! A little late, here and there doesn’t matter

In these circumstances (Covid) I feel you should fit whatever assessories you want and are available thru the dealer itself. Avoid Ali Express etc for the moment with questionable delivery times and then the need for fitting it outside.

Enjoy your car, do post pictures of the delivery with your first impressions.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 14:15   #243
BHPian

Thank you! Yes, getting the essential stuff i need from the dealer. I just thought I'll let the other members know that such customizations are possible (thank you America).

Will do all mine in year 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Great news on your car, congratulations! A little late, here and there doesn’t matter

In these circumstances (Covid) I feel you should fit whatever assessories you want and are available thru the dealer itself. Avoid Ali Express etc for the moment with questionable delivery times and then the need for fitting it outside.

Enjoy your car, do post pictures of the delivery with your first impressions.

Cheers
Old 18th October 2020, 07:17   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Update - My car has reached Mumbai from the factory after a painful wait of more than 10 days. It is a September manufactured vehicle. Currently undergoing the RTO process which is also painful. Missed my deadline of getting the car this weekend. :(

I have done a lot of research on OEM accessories and happy to report that stuff like OEM fit wireless chargers (one may debate the need), chrome accents for switches, sill plates, integrated TPMS and other knick-knacks are widely available on Aliexpress even for right-hand drive markets.
One accessory I have purchased and would recommend is a TPMS. We have one excellent TPMS by an Indian startup based out of Bangalore and they have a solid product and awesome customer support.

https://www.amazon.in/SensAiry-Bluet.../dp/B01MZA5808

They have both Android and Apple versions and it works perfectly..

Lastly congratulations! You are in for years of hassle free delight
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 17:53   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
One accessory I have purchased and would recommend is a TPMS. We have one excellent TPMS by an Indian startup based out of Bangalore and they have a solid product and awesome customer support.

Lastly congratulations! You are in for years of hassle free delight
Thank you so much!

I have been eyeing Sensairy for the last few days. A bit overpriced but also comes with support. I am a bit apprehensive of getting tyre valves changed on a new set of tyres, so I think will go with the external sensors.

Which ones did you get and how's your experience been?
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 18:03   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much!

I have been eyeing Sensairy for the last few days. A bit overpriced but also comes with support. I am a bit apprehensive of getting tyre valves changed on a new set of tyres, so I think will go with the external sensors.

Which ones did you get and how's your experience been?
Its is pricey but very accurate and dependable. Look at the reviews on Amazon. I bought it after recommendations from other team BHPians and another close auto enthusiast.

For such a critical item such as tyre pressure a one time high quality sensor is recommended and this one is such an item.

It is accurate, dependable and reliable. I have been using it now for nearly a year without any issues.Best is the customer support. I once had an issue with the Android App. I wrote to customer support and got a call back within 2 hours.. Think about that...

I had similar apprehensions about replacing the stock tyre sensors, but be rest assured that those apprehensions are not based on any real perceived weakness of these sensors..

I will say that this one Rs 6,000 one i bought (5 tyre versionthat includes the spare tyre) is worth the price and a wise investment in safety by me
I have not been disappointed at all.
ssenhyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 18:07   #247
BHPian

Quote:
I will say that this one Rs 6,000 one i bought (5 tyre versionthat includes the spare tyre) is worth the price and a wise investment in safety by me
I have not been disappointed at all.
Thanks will go ahead with buying the internal sensors

For my old car and for my father's car, we didn't use sensors but would check the tyre pressure every 2-3 days using a Michelin gauge and would top up using a TVS tyre inflator. Can't harp enough on how well the TVS inflator works (accuracy of gauge and speed).
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 05:25   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks will go ahead with buying the internal sensors

For my old car and for my father's car, we didn't use sensors but would check the tyre pressure every 2-3 days using a Michelin gauge and would top up using a TVS tyre inflator. Can't harp enough on how well the TVS inflator works (accuracy of gauge and speed).
I too used to check and fill up tire pressure on my previous car every week. With the TPMS installed I have noticed that once filled the tire pressure remains within tolerance for nearly 30 days!!

All my frequent trips to the air filling station and checking the pressure was really not needed. I used to be under the impression in the past that tire air needs to be filled in every week as air bleeds from the tires at a much faster rate than it does..

Now I know better
ssenhyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 07:17   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All my frequent trips to the air filling station and checking the pressure was really not needed. I used to be under the impression in the past that tire air needs to be filled in every week as air bleeds from the tires at a much faster rate than it does..
Now I know better
Yes tyre pressure remains within levels for lot longer than expected. In the lockdown/pandemic period I have filled air in the tyres only 3 times in the last 7 months.

If you have a portable tyre pressure gauge one can notice the pressure on a normal tyre does not drop as much as needing a trip to the filling station every week. That is just a myth.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:46   #250
BHPian

hi guys, need a little help please advise, i am booking the honda civic Petrol automatic Zx most probably in delhi tommorow and the maximum discount the dealer is offering is 1.5 lakhs, my questions are as follows

1.Is the discount being offered by the dealer ok?

2.The only reason i am opting for the ZX variant is because of the Led Head lamps, is
there any possible way to fit the Vx head lamps with led bulbs plug & play types which
do an equally OK job as the ZX trim.

3. I am sort off in 2 minds really between the ZX/VX trims over a diff of 2 lakhs in the
price i was thinking off getting the VX and getting a type R body kit with the price
difference i save, not really so keen on the sunroof doesn't serve me any purpose as
such.The curtain airbags are a plus though. Please help with your inputs

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:16   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
my questions are as follows
1. You’re doing well with the discount as Honda offers a 1L cash discount on the petrol Civic - https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers

2. If I were you, I’d get the VX and replace the halogen bulbs with 4300K or 6000K HIDs. They are plug & play and provide the best illumination and the 4300K will be much more useful during the rains.

3. That depends on your requirements. I personally believe, the only useful features in the ZX are the curtain airbags & the lane watch camera. If your only complaint with the VX is the lack of LED headlamps, I don’t think they’re worth the extra 2L.

Good luck & you’ve made an extremely smart choice choosing the Honda!

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 3rd November 2020 at 19:18.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:02   #252
BHPian

Quote:
hi guys, need a little help please advise, i am booking the honda civic Petrol automatic Zx most probably in delhi tommorow and the maximum discount the dealer is offering is 1.5 lakhs, my questions are as follows
If you are interested in a ZX test drive model around 7500 kms done let me know. I will PM you the details.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:15   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
If you are interested in a ZX test drive model around 7500 kms done let me know. I will PM you the details.
Thanks for the help sir but people would have flogged that TD zx to hell & back
I know how i drove it,definitely everyone else did the same.

Cheers
Mayank
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 02:38   #254
BHPian

Quote:

2.The only reason i am opting for the ZX variant is because of the Led Head lamps, is
there any possible way to fit the Vx head lamps with led bulbs plug & play types which
do an equally OK job as the ZX trim.
Cheers
Hey - I had booked the Civic ZX a few weeks ago and took delivery last week. I have been meaning to update this thread with pics, will do soon. I've almost done 500km and really liking my experience. The car is an absolute looker and handles really well.

My two cents - get the ZX for the lane watch camera. I can't stress how useful the camera is in a city like Mumbai. There's also the added safety of the curtain airbags.
andafunda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 11:18   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post

Good luck & you’ve made an extremely smart choice choosing the Honda!
Thanks, was'nt much else to choose from, altis is no longer on sale and i would not
Touch skoda with a barge pole too
Just want peace of mind with honda, my second gen accord aged really well i hope this one does not disappoint.

Quote:

My two cents - get the ZX for the lane watch camera. I can't stress how useful the camera is in a city like Mumbai. There's also the added safety of the curtain airbags.
The lane watch feature is amazing, plus i love the 17 inchers diamond cut alloys on the ZX din't quite like the VX design as much and did not want
To change oem alloys so sort of tilting towards the ZX trim only. Please do post pictures of your car and how is your experience so far?

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 4th November 2020 at 11:19.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks