Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 16:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
The auto-lock under likes is when you walk away from your car, it auto locks !

The auto-lock under dislikes is whilst driving, cars usually have an auto-lock mechanism at 20 kmph, where all the doors are locked
Thanks for clarifying.

The Honda car India website states that the Civic has a customizable auto door lock mechanism that can be triggered either on reaching 15 kmph or when the shift lever is moved out of the Park mode.

Please see if the procedure in the following link works for you:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...6278046-241081
SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 16:39   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

The Honda car India website states that the Civic has a customizable auto door lock mechanism that can be triggered either on reaching 15 kmph or when the shift lever is moved out of the Park mode.

Please see if the procedure in the following link works for you:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...6278046-241081
I have tried this. Doesn't work. :(

This is a glaring miss from Honda India.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:48   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
For once in the history of mankind I believe the service centre has said the truth about the brake noise issue being okay and exists on all cars. If I understand the noise being described, it should happen when the car actually starts moving from a standstill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Congrats on the car man! The issue you mention, is the noise like a heavy but dull grinding noise Like drrrr, drrrrr? (Trying my best to replicate it in words lol)

Yes I have observed it in my dad's automatic CRV and in my automatic ecosport. It's normal.
Thank you, glad to hear that it is normal. I'm also surprised that the service center person gave an accurate explanation!

Quote:
The remote start system, please check the user guide. They usually have a set of preconditions that need to be satisfied before it will work. For example the car must be in P and the handbrake engaged, etc. It could be possible that one of them is not being met sometimes which is why it does not respond.
Thank you, I'll go through the manual, try it again and report back.

Quote:
For the headlights I would suggest not go over the stock wattage. This upgrade used to be common back in the days but not advisable anymore. At least until the warranty has run its course and the worth of the car has been realised. Till then something like Philips XV (or whatever they call it now) and the likes should be trouble free with a slightly better light output.
Thanks, will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
You've listed auto-locking as both a like and dislike. If this isn't a typo, could you please elaborate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
The auto-lock under likes is when you walk away from your car, it auto locks !

The auto-lock under dislikes is whilst driving, cars usually have an auto-lock mechanism at 20 kmph, where all the doors are locked
Exactly. My bad, I should have been added a bit more detail there.
kauphylover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:43   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
It's almost exactly a year since I brought home the 10th generation Honda Civic VX CVT (which has now sadly been discontinued). Say Hello!
Congrats Kauphylover. Excellent writeup. This car was on my watchlist but was discontinued before I could take the leap. Hope you enjoy many more miles with it.
SatyRoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 17:19   #290
BHPian

Quick update:

After struggling for months to get hold of 3D Kagu mats - which are now priced at INR 12K(!!) - I decided to get Urbanlifestylers 7D mats from Amazon (a friend who works there suggested these). These are sold by Autofurnish.

The mats seem to fit well and look okay. I'd have preferred 3D Kagu mats but I'm not paying INR 12K for a set of footmats!

Attaching a few pics:

Honda Civic : Official Review-20210116_152428.jpg

Honda Civic : Official Review-20210116_152513.jpg

Honda Civic : Official Review-20210116_152447.jpg
andafunda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 14:15   #291
BHPian

Hello team, need your advise.

I am getting a pre-worshipped Civic 1.8 V-CVT which has done only 5,000 kms. The car was registered in Nov 2019 and hasn’t been driven much. It is available directly from the owner at a ‘take it or leave it’ price of INR 16.5 lakhs.

As per the owner, he has got after market black nappa leather installed as seat covers and on door pads, hope this doesn’t void the warranty.

Also, front parking sensors and door projector logo from Honda was installed at the time of delivery.

Pls advise:
1- Is it worth spending 16.5 lakhs on a used civic considering it has been pruned by Honda and I will keep it for atleast 10 years.

2- Would spares be an issue for next years?

3- Is the current Civic prone to rattles and has compromised build quality? Owners pls clarify.

Note: I am deliberately not considering to buy a NEW City, Yaris or any of the Korean offerings. Therefore request all to pls share your valuable inputs for above option only.
kapilsharma80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 14:25   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post

I am getting a pre-worshipped Civic 1.8 V-CVT which has done only 5,000 kms. The car was registered in Nov 2019 and hasn’t been driven much. It is available directly from the owner at a ‘take it or leave it’ price of INR 16.5 lakhs.
Go right ahead and pick it up, it's a reliable first world product. The segment is dying here but that doesn't mean Honda has given up on this product. Check with existing Honda owners in your city about support before you pull the trigger.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 16:03   #293
BHPian

Quote:

Note: I am deliberately not considering to buy a NEW City, Yaris or any of the Korean offerings. Therefore request all to pls share your valuable inputs for above option only.
It is a brilliant car for the price you're getting. Definitely makes sense over a new City. No match to the feel of sitting in a low slung D class sedan.
Karan_n8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 16:10   #294
BHPian

Quote:
As per the owner, he has got after market black nappa leather installed as seat covers and on door pads, hope this doesn’t void the warranty.
As mentioned above the current owner has seat covers installed, won’t they hamper the Side Air Bags operation, when required?
kapilsharma80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 19:48   #295
BHPian

Quote:

I've owned my Civic for 3 months / 2.8K KM now. Would definitely recommend you to go for it. It is a truly great product. The build quality is excellent and the car is a pleasure to drive.

Do the following though:

1. Take it to an authorized Honda Service center. Get it thorougly checked for any issues / service history.

2. If the car doesn't have extended warranty, make sure you get it done alongside buying the car.

3. Get a better HU as the V edition gets a basic one. Get a nice Pioneer with wireless Android Auto and Carplay.

4. For rattles, just drive the car on some rough road with the windows up and no music. Given the excellent NVH levels you will hear even the most minor rattles. Luckily the service center can fix most of the pesky ones.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 07:26   #296
BHPian

My civic ZX CVT has broken down in my long road trip from Noida to Hyderabad.
This happened yesterday in Sagar,Madhya Pradesh when I reached hotel for a stop over for night. I drove from Agra to Sagar ( around 450 Kms, 7.5 hours) straight with a break of 30 mins.

On reaching hotel, I switched off ignition for luggage unloading and when I was about to start my car again.. this happened. Vehicle started in P mode and when I engaged to D mode, the engine stalled and cut out.
No visible warning signs as such but entire display was in with all icons. I again started the car second time and this time engine tried to start in P mode and then immediately cut out. I left the vehicle for 30 mins and when i again re-started, it clicked this time and I moved the vehicle to Parking space away from lobby.
Seeing the state, thinking of transporting the car through movers and packers to Hyderabad, since there is no service center near ( minimum 3.5 hours drive from here- Bhopal or Jabalpur). Since I have family with me, we have no option but to have air travel from nearest airport.

Written to Honda and let’s see on the response. Seems to me like a Fuel Pump issue as I could collect the similar symptoms happening in Amaze, Jazz, CRV and all. It’s a real mess that this happened in this long trip.

Prompt suggestions for good movers and packers will me much appreciated for car transport. Some one who can load the vehicle from Sagar Highway so that vehicle need not travel much. Need to shift the car by tomorrow from here.
Jazzwithme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 02:42   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Written to Honda and let’s see on the response. Seems to me like a Fuel Pump issue as I could collect the similar symptoms happening in Amaze, Jazz, CRV and all. It’s a real mess that this happened in this long trip.
Came across this article https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/wo...11891.html/amp

Seems like some fuel pump issue is requiring a major recall globally and Civic is mentioned as one of the impacted products. What I understand is that Civic sold in India is quite same as the international market, so it might be relevant for us also and we might have a recall initiated by Honda to fix this (obviously maybe later as our market is lower priority )

You can share this Honda to see if this information expedites your case!
anm_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 15:59   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm_delhi View Post
Came across this article https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/wo...11891.html/amp

Seems like some fuel pump issue is requiring a major recall globally and Civic is mentioned as one of the impacted products. What I understand is that Civic sold in India is quite same as the international market, so it might be relevant for us also and we might have a recall initiated by Honda to fix this (obviously maybe later as our market is lower priority )

You can share this Honda to see if this information expedites your case!
Thanks for sharing.

Just to update that I spoke to two of dealerships, Abhikaran Honda, Indore and Pride Honda, Hyderabad. Good part is both of them acknowledged that this can be a potential issue in Fuel Pump and in both of their experience they have seen similar issue coming up in 1 civic each, and fuel pumps were replaced.

So far Honda has reacted positively and they have forwarded the case to Pride Honda-Hyderabad, Hyderabad being the final destination, though not concluding that it can be a fuel pump issue. I took a calculated risk and drove the car to Bhopal in early morning hours yesterday ( Hot ambient conditions may be one of the potential reason for Fuel Pump failure as explained by dealerships as per their experience). Movers and Packers( APML) have picked the vehicle for transferring to Hyderabad. We travelled back by Air from Bhopal.
I hope that required spare part is available ( can be an issue with Civic being discontinued) with out much wait time.

I will also ask Honda to seriously review and ask for a recall so that people do not suffer like me.
Old 4th April 2021, 05:25   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Just to update that I spoke to two of dealerships, Abhikaran Honda, Indore and Pride Honda, Hyderabad. Good part is both of them acknowledged that this can be a potential issue in Fuel Pump and in both of their experience they have seen similar issue coming up in 1 civic each, and fuel pumps were replaced.

So far Honda has reacted positively and they have forwarded the case to Pride Honda-Hyderabad, Hyderabad being the final destination, though not concluding that it can be a fuel pump issue. I took a calculated risk and drove the car to Bhopal in early morning hours yesterday ( Hot ambient conditions may be one of the potential reason for Fuel Pump failure as explained by dealerships as per their experience). Movers and Packers( APML) have picked the vehicle for transferring to Hyderabad. We travelled back by Air from Bhopal.
I hope that required spare part is available ( can be an issue with Civic being discontinued) with out much wait time.

I will also ask Honda to seriously review and ask for a recall so that people do not suffer like me.
I had the fuel pump replaced at Pride Honda Hyderabad very recently (2 weeks back) as the fuel pump had failed. My symptom was the car just wouldn't start although the engine was cranking on pressing the start button and there were no fault indications on the dashboard.
Towed the behicle to Pride Honda Madhapur, Hyderabad and they immediately diagnosed it as a failed fuel pump. The SA seemed familiar with this issue as other Civics and Honda vehicles it seems (from there quick narrowing down and acceptance of the issue) must have had similar failures.

My car's fuel pump was replaced under warranty, within 2 days and they were luckily able to source the part pretty quickly, although the original estimate was 15+ days.

I suspect, that Civics, at least my civic is impacted by the same fuel pump issue that has impacted Honda cars globally.

To be fair, i did write to Honda Cars India, and they denied that my specific car was impacted by the global fuel pump issue, but you never know

Does your car crank when the start button is pressed?

I can get you in touch with the service manager at Pride Honda if you need help as I know him personally

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5023701 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Last edited by Sheel : 4th April 2021 at 08:26. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 08:40   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
I had the fuel pump replaced at Pride Honda Hyderabad very recently (2 weeks back) as the fuel pump had failed. My symptom was the car just wouldn't start although the engine was cranking on pressing the start button and there were no fault indications on the dashboard.
Towed the behicle to Pride Honda Madhapur, Hyderabad and they immediately diagnosed it as a failed fuel pump. The SA seemed familiar with this issue as other Civics and Honda vehicles it seems (from there quick narrowing down and acceptance of the issue) must have had similar failures.

My car's fuel pump was replaced under warranty, within 2 days and they were luckily able to source the part pretty quickly, although the original estimate was 15+ days.

I suspect, that Civics, at least my civic is impacted by the same fuel pump issue that has impacted Honda cars globally.

To be fair, i did write to Honda Cars India, and they denied that my specific car was impacted by the global fuel pump issue, but you never know

Does your car crank when the start button is pressed?

I can get you in touch with the service manager at Pride Honda if you need help as I know him personally

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5023701 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)
Thanks for sharing your experience and support.
I had 2 symptoms on the day of failure. May be due to the very long 7 hours of travel.
At first instance the engine started in P mode normally, but when put to D mode, the engine stalled and cut out.
Instantly when I tried for 2nd time, the symptom is pretty much same as you mentioned. It cranked and did not start in P mode and all indications were on in both instances.

After 30 mins, when I tried, it started fine as if nothing happened. And the next day I drove to Bhopal in early hours ( as adviced by Service manager, Pride Honda to avoid any potential over heating issue of fuel pump due to hot ambient temperature), issue did not come up.

I will get in touch with you for further support with Pride Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks