Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 11:04   #331
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
As posted earlier in this thread, I had suffered a fuel pump failure a few weeks back and this was replaced under warranty by Pride Honda.
=====
I would suggest that those who had the fuel pump in their cars replaced recently under warranty should once again check with their dealer.
I checked with Pride Honda and they told that as per norms they will again go with Fuel Pump replacement even if there is no fault, since my car is falling under recall category.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 11:34   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment!
On highways I get between 16 and 17 kmpl, and that's just not me, I have heard others get that too.
When you want to save on the gas a little bit of heat does not matter
I echo.. On Highways, it’s from 16.5 to 17 Kmpl when speed is between 100-120 Kmpl. It’s around 17 to 17.5 Kmpl when speed is between 90 to 100 Kmpl. ACC is from 23 to 26 Deg C.
At city limits it’s much lesser, around 10 to 12.5 so far (mostly from my experience of Delhi-NCR Traffic).
Jazzwithme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 10:48   #333
BHPian

Our Civic crossed the 10k mark a couple of weeks ago - about 60-65% on the highway and the rest in the city. I'd got the annual service (the final free service) done in Feb. I've registered on the Honda website for the fuel pump replacement but I'm yet to get a call from Honda. I'll wait for a week or so and take an appointment myself.

I've noticed a couple of things that I want to get checked:

1. When the car is idling, if I listen intently, I can hear a "creaky" noise. If I step out of the car, it's very clearly audible. I had made this observation to the SA even during the annual service but he said it was some belt and he said (as you'd expect) that it was "normal". Obviously, I'm not buying it. I feel like this sound is slowly increasing with time. I'll try and record this sound. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

2. When the car goes through potholes at a slightly higher speed (30-60), I've started hearing mild thuds (nothing alarming though) from the suspension. Honestly, I can't remember if it has always been that way. I'm a pretty gentle driver and I have never ever abused the car. I'd like to hear the other owners' experience.

Hoping to see the conditions become favourable for lots of road trips soon!
kauphylover is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 14:14   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post

2. When the car goes through potholes at a slightly higher speed (30-60), I've started hearing mild thuds (nothing alarming though) from the suspension. Honestly, I can't remember if it has always been that way. I'm a pretty gentle driver and I have never ever abused the car. I'd like to hear the other owners' experience.

Hoping to see the conditions become favourable for lots of road trips soon!
I have not heard thuds like what you are stating when going through potholes. I do slow down considerably and drive very gently through potholes - a typical sedate driver
Old 26th April 2021, 10:55   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
I echo.. On Highways, it’s from 16.5 to 17 Kmpl when speed is between 100-120 Kmpl. It’s around 17 to 17.5 Kmpl when speed is between 90 to 100 Kmpl. ACC is from 23 to 26 Deg C.
At city limits it’s much lesser, around 10 to 12.5 so far (mostly from my experience of Delhi-NCR Traffic).
One thing that really impresses me is the highway mileage of the R18Z1 engine on the Civic. 16.5 to 17.5 kmpl on 1.8L naturally aspirated engine is really impressive, very close to a turbo diesel ...

The i-Vtec technology employed on the R18 engine for fuel efficiency for sedate highway driving actually delivers quiet well
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 18:10   #336
BHPian

Hey All!

I own a Civic which is very sparingly used and the current odometer stands at 11k in approximately 2 years. Recently I did get to know about the fuel pump replacement and I did raise a request on their website as well, however I did not get any response from them as on date.

Last week i switched on the car a lot of white smoke was being emitted from the exhaust and it was making a certain type of sound too as if the engine is not running smoothly. Anyone who hasn't got their fuel pump replaced yet and is faced a similar issue?

Mine is a ZX CVT!

Thanks!!
aamishdhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:22   #337
BHPian

I just purchased the HondaCare Maintenance Package from the dealership here in Mumbai.

It cost me INR 16,800 for 3-year annual service covering all major services, including transmission fluid replacement. As a comparison, Skoda used to charge me INR 20,000 every year for sub-standard service.

The lockdown has dampened some of my travel plans, however looking forward to getting back on the road soon.
andafunda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 22:02   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
Hey All!

I own a Civic which is very sparingly used and the current odometer stands at 11k in approximately 2 years. Recently I did get to know about the fuel pump replacement and I did raise a request on their website as well, however I did not get any response from them as on date.

Last week i switched on the car a lot of white smoke was being emitted from the exhaust and it was making a certain type of sound too as if the engine is not running smoothly. Anyone who hasn't got their fuel pump replaced yet and is faced a similar issue?

Mine is a ZX CVT!

Thanks!!
I haven’t faced this issue with the fuel pump problem. Better you contact the nearest service center.
Old 19th June 2021, 14:33   #339
BHPian

I today faced another issue and hence sharing to get further insights.
In One of the traffic signals, I decided to use Brake Hold feature ( using this after a long time) and the following errors came up. While there is no issue with EP system( Brake is engaging and dis-engaging properly)
inspite of the error shown, Brake hold did not work.
Taking to workshop tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-7517899415094d2696fe0b3cf3de2461.jpeg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-53d7991a7dcc485faaaced462ae5dc67.jpeg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-8d8d0e3716844e8b8900777b241d67f4.jpeg  

Old 20th June 2021, 08:45   #340
BHPian

Hi @Jazzwithme please keep this forum posted on what the actual issue was. Seems unusual
Old 20th June 2021, 13:16   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @Jazzwithme please keep this forum posted on what the actual issue was. Seems unusual
Yes, it’s highly unusual. Even after resetting the error in workshop, the error is back with Brake Hold. You enable the brake hold and when you press the brake, as soon as it goes to ‘Auto’, the error comes up and Brake Hold does not work.

I brought the vehicle back since majority of TA’s are not present. Will drop in a week day. Really getting tired. It’s going more to workshop rather than actual travel.
Old 20th June 2021, 20:45   #342
BHPian

maybe take it to another service dealer with more experienced technicians
Old 14th July 2021, 09:19   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it’s highly unusual. Even after resetting the error in workshop, the error is back with Brake Hold. You enable the brake hold and when you press the brake, as soon as it goes to ‘Auto’, the error comes up and Brake Hold does not work.

I brought the vehicle back since majority of TA’s are not present. Will drop in a week day. Really getting tired. It’s going more to workshop rather than actual travel.
Did you find a root cause and solution to your problem?
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:14   #344
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, trust the diagnosis is done by now. Please update for the benefit of others. Thanks!
Old 29th August 2021, 08:48   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Hi, trust the diagnosis is done by now. Please update for the benefit of others. Thanks!
Apologies for my late reply since I was pre-occupied with personal emergency.
There is no formal response from Honda or dealer. No issues so far after the “supposedly change of related fuse location in fuse box”. Even so, I am using Brake Hold more frequently than I had done in past.

Any one of you received Fuel Pump re-call message from Honda? I checked on Honda website and as per 16th August Update, my car is again eligible for re-call.
In my case this will be the 3rd fuel pump replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks