Team-BHP - Honda Civic : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Civic : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/211179-honda-civic-official-review-5.html)

I hope they have redesigned the engine mount. The older car was notorious for failed right hand side mount.

Very well composed review. I used to get excited when I see a new official review listed on team-bhp. But I was not all excited to see Honda Civic official review listing and I left it to read it EOD. The new civic is not influencing my heart in any manner, I found it very funky and less ‘civic’.

So I was at my Honda dealership to get some work done and the 80k service of my 2012 Civic. Was just having a chat with my SA asking him about the general condition of my car and he told me my car is in excellent condition and doesn't feel 80k run. So we got down to the topic of replacing my car with the new Civic and he simply told me that its best to wait for a year and a half, saying that the new Civic will be in the used market for great prices as they wont have much resale.

So replacing my current Civic with a slightly used one might just be a good idea say end 2020.

My 2012 Civic had done just 15,000 kms when we bought it in 2014

I was at the Honda dealership to get my '08 Civic serviced and used the opportunity to test drive the new Civic. I got the entry level petrol with the 16" rims.

On the positive side, NVH was great. I could hear the engine only on revving hard. Ride quality was great as well. Also liked the brake hold feature, where if you brake in a signal, it will hold the brake while still on Drive; just accelerate to release brake.

On the negative side, the engine felt kinda sluggish. Perhaps it's the CVT. The Sport mode didn't get one's heart fluttering like it does on the old Civic. The Sport mode maybe felt slightly better than Drive on the old Civic. Oh and the steering is just an electric power steering, and doesn't feel as great as the old one. Overall, the car felt less planted than the old Civic; maybe it is the bigger ground clearance.

Oh and with minor observations, the seat belt itself lacked the heft of the old civic; it just felt thinner and flimsier. The review talks about the inexplicable fat buckle, which boggles my mind. And, the move from the organ-type accelerator pedal to the suspended-type is a definite downgrade.

All-in-all, perhaps wait a few years for mouth-watering deals, if you want to upgrade, although perhaps it will be a downgrade.

The 'EPIC' loses its winning streak. The King is back!

Honda Civic : Official Review-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4634045)
The King is back!

King of a very small kingdom though :D

This car has become quite expensive at 27 L OTR in Bangalore for fully loaded Petrol version! I bought my VAT for about 16 L OTR in 2010. I still have the car, mainly used by my cousin.

And the inevitable has happened within a few months of launch

Discounts up to Rs 80,000 as per Autocar India. These discounts wont be enough to stop the Civic from being a market flop.

Here is what the Honda Website says:

Petrol (All Grades except VCVT) - Additional discount on car exchange worth Rs. 25,000/-*

Diesel (VXMT/ZXMT) & Petrol (VCVT) - Cash Discount Upto Rs. 50,000/-
Additional discount on car exchange worth Rs. 25,000/-*

Disclaimer: Offers are variant, grade & Location specific. Please contact your nearest dealer for complete details.

Additional offers for selected Corporates for all models. Kindly contact your nearest dealer for Models & Variants wise offers.

* The Consumer shall be given an additional discount on purchase of new car of the mentioned Model/ Variant. Dealer shall pass this discount on its retail.

:deadhorse

Honda India has got it all wrong. Quite frankly I don't blame the product but the management. They got it all upside down. What should have been launched with manual gear box (petrol) they launched as auto and what should have been launched as auto (diesel) they plonked in a manual.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4621812)
The Honda Civic is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 17.94 - 22.35 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

• GTO & I experienced lower back pain after a long drive in the MT. Lumbar support missing

Is there any workaround over the lumbar support? Can I replace the seat?
Anyone tried this?

Otherwise, I have to settle for Altis. Kindly suggest

So, in just a month, the discount goes up to 2.5 lakh off on the Honda Civic and 4 lakh off on the CR-V.

How the mighty have fallen and some long overdue humble pie for my favourite car maker :(

The VX CVT was 24.9 lakh OTR BLR in March and ZX CVT was 27 lakh OTR BLR.
This should make the OTR of 23L and 25L respectively, quite appealing.

The Civic should have been launched at these prices in the first place. I don't think even this price cut will help the Civic now but if the primary usage is in the city, then it still remains a fine choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redline6800 (Post 4656550)
So, in just a month, the discount goes up to 2.5 lakh off on the Honda Civic and 4 lakh off on the CR-V.

How the mighty have fallen and some long overdue humble pie for my favourite car maker :(

The VX CVT was 24.9 lakh OTR BLR in March and ZX CVT was 27 lakh OTR BLR.
This should make the OTR of 23L and 25L respectively, quite appealing.

The Civic should have been launched at these prices in the first place. I don't think even this price cut will help the Civic now but if the primary usage is in the city, then it still remains a fine choice.

There is only 25K exchange bonus on VX and ZX CVT which are the highest selling models. 2Lac discount is only on V CVT. Diesel which has been a slow seller, has 2.5Lac discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4656581)
There is only 25K exchange bonus on VX and ZX CVT which are the highest selling models. 2Lac discount is only on V CVT. Diesel which has been a slow seller, has 2.5Lac discount.

Thanks for that.

Looks like my excitement got the better of me!

Civic diesel is at a discount of 2.5 L plus 16k for loyalty bonus while CRV is at a discount of 5L

Any new gen Civic CVT owner here who can tell if the RC of Civic has BS6 mentioned on it or is it BS4 only that is mentioned on RC?