Team-BHP - Honda Civic : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Civic : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/211179-honda-civic-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i (Post 4678322)
Congratulations Sugam! It is indeed a smart choice to go the V CVT with the discount.

Thanks mate! IMO this should have been the initial price - would have sold in good numbers. Wouldn't have spent 20L OTR for the civic, still wonder what makes VX and ZX the top-selling variants given they land up in the 23L OTR range!

Quote:

Originally Posted by revsperminute (Post 4678386)
Sir, during your purchase process were you made aware of any discounts on the petrol ZX variant? I'm considering to buy this car in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance.

VX and ZX had approximately 25k off and some exchange bonus when we made the purchase. Now the discount on these seems to have gone a bit higher. Having compared all features, we were getting a more loaded car in the V CVT compared to what we were upgrading from - ANHC S-MT, so went for this one.

The exterior of the civic is pretty impressive but I was a bit let down with the interiors. There really could have been a little more space at this price point. I had been waiting for the new civic but the pricing and the space offered was a let down. It is pretty lucrative at the moment with the discounts though, at a price which should have been the launch price.

Can anyone please share the price list for the official accessories for the Honda Civic especially the front parking sensors? Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revsperminute (Post 4683941)
Can anyone please share the price list for the official accessories for the Honda Civic especially the front parking sensors? Thanks in advance.

I think they cost about 3 k including labour. have ordered a set along with honda seat covers and infotainment system for my V

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugam (Post 4677012)
Hey, bought a V CVT last week under this offer - mine is March manufactured, and yes you are right - the V variant sells the least and is currently discounted since they want to clear stocks. Having said that, the discount puts the V variant (pretty much decently loaded) in the VFM spot and that was our primary decision-maker. Else we were not really finding a convincing upgrade for the almost 11-year-old ANHC.

Have not faced any problems with the car being March manufactured.

Congratulations! Rightly said, after discounts the V variant seems like the most VFM. I'm also beginning my hunt from tomorrow. Can you please share the price break up if it's OK with you? Also which city are you based in? Thanks in advance.

I found the stock Hankooks that come with the V CVT to be noisy- during the test drives. Any recommendations for a quieter tire? Michelin or Bridgestone? Planning to change the tyres as soon as i take delivery of the car next week.. any recomendations/advise will be super helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asterix (Post 4685066)
I found the stock Hankooks that come with the V CVT to be noisy- during the test drives. Any recommendations for a quieter tire? Michelin or Bridgestone? .

Michelin Primacy are quiet tyres. I'd recommend those. Bridgestone is strictly for long term reliability.

Honda Civic maintains its leadership position in OCT-19 sales.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 4201
Size:  30.9 KB

Source:Auto Punditz

Despite decent sales I am yet to spot many here in Bangalore. I like this car quite a lot and frankly only sedan which gets me interested. 140HP is not much but I think will be more than enough for our roads. Wish Honda offered a Manual for enthusiasts! White Civic VX with those projector lights looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asterix (Post 4685066)
I found the stock Hankooks that come with the V CVT to be noisy- during the test drives. Any recommendations for a quieter tire? Michelin or Bridgestone? Planning to change the tyres as soon as i take delivery of the car next week.. any recomendations/advise will be super helpful.

Asterix, did you get your car? A friend of mine booked the V CVT in red and his booking was cancelled due to lack of stock, the only car available was a February manufactured car which has been with Sundaram motors since June. Was just wondering if this is the case with everyone. TIA.

Does the Civic ZX come with LED brake lights or are they conventional bulbs? I forgot to check this factor during our test drive. Civic owners, kindly shed some light on this matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjith_pm (Post 4692960)
Asterix, did you get your car? A friend of mine booked the V CVT in red and his booking was cancelled due to lack of stock, the only car available was a February manufactured car which has been with Sundaram motors since June. Was just wondering if this is the case with everyone. TIA.

Yes, I did. Got delivery last Thursday after waiting for nearly 15 days. I wanted the Silver but settled for White as that was the only one available for ordering at the factory as per Sundaram Motors. Am told there is no stock of V CVT coming up or planned. The red car that is in Sundaram is loaded with accessories and there may be a deal if your friend is interested.

Yes- its a LED light. The lighting specs are common across all variants except the V CVT, which doesnt have LED headlights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asterix (Post 4693090)
Yes- its a LED light. The lighting specs are common across all variants except the V CVT, which doesnt have LED headlights.

Thanks a lot! So, the pilot lamps and the brake lights are both LEDs at the rear.clap:

With the ongoing hefty discounts on the Diesel, it might be a good option for people who have to do long highway rides and want a good fuel efficient car with best in segment efficiency, a decent power and torque output, high reliability, all creature comforts, a good looking car that offers decent value.

Also, for automotive enthusiasts, it is a bit of a landmark engine, one of the last brand new small diesels to be developed in the world, where the art of engine design has reached a pinnacle of sophistication and optimization, however, has arrived too late to make a difference in the market due to negative customer perception precipitated by scandals.

Car & Driver sees this engine as the pinnacle of the efficient diesel genre: "The company’s decision to develop a next-generation ultra-clean turbo-diesel was made well Dieselgate scandal, but due to long development cycles, the Diesel Honda Civic is reaching its target market in Europe just as demand slumps for compression-ignition engines, thanks in large part to the scandal. The new engine isn’t about firepower, instead focusing on efficiency and emissions. And on those measures, it is almost unbeatable. More impressive is that the Civic is already able to pass the stringent new Euro 6D TEMP emissions standard—a year ahead of its implementation. Refinement is the i-DTEC’s most impressive quality. Company executives admit that it likely will be the last diesel it will develop. Within a technology generation, the case for spending the money necessary to develop another all-new diesel for a minority player like the Civic will almost certainly be gone. But it is fitting for such an engineering-led company that, despite its modest output, this little diesel should be remembered as one of the pinnacles of its genre"

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/