Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 17:01   #166
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
All the changes explained in a single snap:

They decided to add TPMS now! why did not give it in the initial offering? It feels like buying a phone which gets outdated in just 6 months .

What is AMS by the way?
Old 17th February 2020, 17:52   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
They decided to add TPMS now! why did not give it in the initial offering? It feels like buying a phone which gets outdated in just 6 months .

What is AMS by the way?
AMS means Alternator Management System.

AMS constantly monitors vehicle's electric load requirements and battery's state of charge, and it disengages the alternator from the engine during low electrical loads, thus though negligible it helps in improving battery life & fuel efficiency.

Most of the modern day alternators come equipped with Electric Load Detectors(ELD) which alter the variable magnetic field inside the alternator, thereby reduces alternator's load on crank whenever possible.

Request to moderators: Source link needs to be corrected in the previous post, actual source is at link.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:41   #168
BHPian

BSV6 Hyundai Venue has been launched
BSV6 Hyundai Venue has been launched at a starting price of Rs 6.70 lakh for petrol and Rs 8.09 lakh for the new 1.5-litre diesel model. The new diesel engine for the Venue has been sourced from Kia Seltos, but has been de-tuned significantly for its profile. Other than the new oil-burner, the compact SUV has received the BSVI-compliant versions of the earlier 1.0-litre turbo-petrol and 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engines. Venue top variants price is up by Rs 55,000 than older version.
Octane99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 11:39   #169
Senior - BHPian

Price Difference comparison :
[Source: MoneyControl]

Diesel : Reasonable hike considering bigger engine.

Petrol : Don't understand such steep price increase for petrol variants. In my opinion, the increase should have been in range of 10~15k.

Need to check the feature distribution between BS4 & BS6 variants.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundaibs6.jpg

Last edited by AutoNoob : 18th February 2020 at 11:40.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 21:07   #170
BHPian

Hi Bhpians and Venue DCT owners, I need your advice, regarding the purchase of a vehicle by my brother, Venue is one of the short listed vehicles, which also include 2020 Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. The car will be driven mostly in city, that is Delhi and Gurgaon. So automatic is a must. As it will be mostly be driven in bumper to bumper peak traffic, we are a bit worried about the overheating issues of the Venue DCT. As the temperature here may cross 45 degrees centigrade, that may worsen the problem. What are your experiences regarding this. My brother is not a driving enthusiast, and the car will be driven by his wife most of the time, that is why we are more inclined towards Vitara Brezza, that has a tried and tested Torque converter. Ford EcoSport is a good car, but we are not sure about the future of the Ford in India. The current generation also misses the Apple car play and Android auto. AMT’s are ruled out so no Nexon or XUV300.

Last edited by gsratta : 18th February 2020 at 21:12.
Old 18th February 2020, 21:18   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Price Difference comparison

Diesel : Reasonable hike considering bigger engine.
So the Diesel 1.5 Venue - with an engine design newer and potentially better than the old 1.4, now undercuts the Tata Nexon face-lift diesel by a significant margin. There was never a shortage of features in the Venue. Okay the engine may be de-tuned and lower power than Nexon maybe; but in the end, mechanically its the same as the pricier Seltos. Can't be ignored.

Good luck new Nexon diesel. I hope the over-optimistic pricing was well thought out and not over confidence by TML.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 21:51   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
The car will be driven mostly in city, that is Delhi and Gurgaon. So automatic is a must. As it will be mostly be driven in bumper to bumper peak traffic
I am not owing Venue, however, given your specific requirements I suggest that you go for Vitara Brezza. Its petrol has good low end torque and mated with reliable AT. Though it may lack on features, it has more interior space.

You also ask your friend to check closely for petrol Brezza prices as its going to loose sub-4m tax benefits and with that price, Venue DCT may make more sense as a package.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:52   #173
BHPian

Is there any info regarding what are the power and torque figures for the 1.5 diesel?
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 16:24   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Hi Bhpians and Venue DCT owners, I need your advice, regarding the purchase of a vehicle by my brother, Venue is one of the short listed vehicles, which also include 2020 Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport
I own Venue DCT, I chose it over Ecosport only because personally I like the way it looks. I drive mostly in Noida where there is negligible traffic most of the times and there are no issues whatsoever. But I know how overheating it can be a mental block most of the time. I would suggest you get a second hand 1/2-year-old Ecosport Petrol Titanium+ model. It comes with all the bells and whistles (Ford Sync 3 with android auto and apple car play) and even 6 airbags. Other than that XUV 300 diesel automatic (could go out of budget) or Nexon automatic (inferior transmission) are also good options.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 18:10   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They decided to add TPMS now! why did not give it in the initial offering? It feels like buying a phone which gets outdated in just 6 months
Don't feel short changed! You can easily get an awesome product from Indian design - Sensairy Tymtix - Tymtix Link
Quite reasonably priced internal as well as external TMPS products. And these work fantastically with android auto also. So you can get the display on the head unit screen. Many of my Nexon owner friends have installed it & are very happy.
Quote:
I would suggest you get a second hand 1/2-year-old Ecosport Petrol Titanium+ model.
One might find the pot at the end of the rainbow easier. Very few would part with a 1/2 year old Titanium+ unless in extreme situations . Its a good car and folks would generally stick to it for the long run!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Is there any info regarding what are the power and torque figures for the 1.5 diesel?
Not found anywhere yet - I was also looking since yesterday. Venue's official Hyundai website still talks of the BSIV engines in specifications. Still the 1.4 CRDi there.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th February 2020 at 18:33.
Old 19th February 2020, 18:44   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Not found anywhere yet - I was also looking since yesterday. Venue's official Hyundai website still talks of the BSIV engines in specifications. Still the 1.4 CRDi there.
Read somewhere its 100ps and 230nm but the article had no source.
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 06:36   #177
MSC
BHPian

I have today booked a 1.5L BS6 CRDI Venue in Deep Forest shade from local Hyundai dealer. Have a small query which I found while observing the demo car in showroom.
It is usually said that the four tires and spare tire are generally of same make. It's just that size is smaller for the spare tire. However the demo car was having Ceat tires on alloy wheels and a Apollo branded spare wheel. Upon enquiry, the sales advisor told that it's like this only and spare wheel may or may not have same branding. It simply depends upon luck which tire and what brand do you get.
Is it really like this for current owners too that spare tire and tires shod on wheels are differently branded?
P.S. I have a feeling that this is like this only. The review car too has MRF tires with a Apollo spare. Can the owners please confirm?

Last edited by MSC : 20th February 2020 at 06:41.
Old 20th February 2020, 11:33   #178
BHPian

Can any Venue owner share the Khaki dual tone interior pics of their car? I am unable to find any good pics online. Does it have khakhi or brown color on the dials or just on the seats? Thanks.
Old 20th February 2020, 13:05   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
P.S. I have a feeling that this is like this only. The review car too has MRF tires with a Apollo spare. Can the owners please confirm?
Congratulations on your booking. To confirm, yes the spare wheel tire is from different makers.

I also own a forest green car and I would suggest you prepare yourself for a longer waiting period. They do not produce many cars in this color and please do not lose your patience if the dealer does not deliver on the committed date.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 13:21   #180
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking. To confirm, yes the spare wheel tire is from different makers.

I also own a forest green car and I would suggest you prepare yourself for a longer waiting period. They do not produce many cars in this color and please do not lose your patience if the dealer does not deliver on the committed date.
Thanks a lot for confirmation. And incidentally the sales advisor has told so.
I am told to wait for atleast one month. The dealer has informed that had this been a lower model, it may have taken even more. But being a SX-O Variant, it might get delivered earlier in comparison to forest green in lower variants.
Right now, fingers crossed.
Also, can you please share pictures of the interior. I am told the interior is slightly different from others.

Last edited by MSC : 20th February 2020 at 13:23.

Most Viewed