Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 14:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

I find it surprising that even though the Venue BS6 prices were announced few days back, there is no official brochure or any technical details for BS6 powertrains.
Old 21st February 2020, 13:11   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
It was my first time driving a manual turbo petrol. Man, the thing goes!. It's hard to not want to drive like a hooligan. The engine sounds a bit gruff but loved the power delivery and response of the motor. I found the drivers seat comfortable. The bells and whistles (escpecially the sun roof) are nice to have. I still don't like the way the car looks. While it looks small from the outside, inside rear space etc is fine. I think realistically the only dimension I found it lacking was cabin width. Hitting your co-passenger while changing gears is annoying. Interesting little package the Venue is, i must admit.
Agree. I just took a test drive of the Turbo Petrol SXO Manual and its hard not to like this car. If you are OK ferrying 4 adults and a kid or maybe 5 adults occasionally, the car works really well.

The Turbo petrol engine is quite awesome. It revvs really well and clean all the way to 6500rpm in all gears and the car flies. It is even better than the K series engine, coupled with the fact that it has 120 horses. You can drive the manual car like an automatic. It was able to pull from 600rpm with 3 adults on-board without any problem in 3rd gear. I might have driven it for some 25kms during the test drive. It is even more awesome to drive on the highway as I found out. The engine is not harsh, the NVH is terrific. The car is light and effortless to drive. It returned 14km/l during the test drive in mixed traffic conditions. It was not a B-2-B traffic and more of free flowing traffic.

Really impressed with this car and I would buy it just for the engine and gear box combo. I will check out the Brezza(when launched)
NFS2024 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 10:02   #183
MSC
BHPian

A request to owners of Venue Deep forest with khakhi interiors. Kindly upload the pictures of interior trim like dashboard, doorpads seats etc.
I searched the web for khakhi dual tone interiors but they are either non existent it else too poor in clarity.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 12:51   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I am not owing Venue, however, given your specific requirements I suggest that you go for Vitara Brezza. Its petrol has good low end torque and mated with reliable AT. Though it may lack on features, it has more interior space.

You also ask your friend to check closely for petrol Brezza prices as its going to loose sub-4m tax benefits and with that price, Venue DCT may make more sense as a package.
Thanks for the suggestion, the technology of the Venue DCT engine and gearbox is definitely more advanced as compared to Brezza, but it may have reliability issues as compared to the tried and trusted Torque converter and the naturally aspirated 1.5l K15 engine the new Brezza. Regarding the features, Brezza always had an upper hand over Venue, including auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, rear wash and wipe, auto dimming IRVM, request sensors for keyless entry on both the front doors, all these are lacking on the Venue DCT SX+. The connected car tech of the Venue is just a gimmick to me.
Old 24th February 2020, 11:55   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
A request to owners of Venue Deep forest with khakhi interiors. Kindly upload the pictures of interior trim like dashboard, doorpads seats etc.
I searched the web for khakhi dual tone interiors but they are either non existent it else too poor in clarity.
Thanks to Anand M for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Hi MSC,

You might be looking out for these pics?? I had them taken from the showroom display car.

I have dual tone white with black roof and it has denim blue and beige colour combo inside. If you want, I can share them too.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-1.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-2.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-3.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-4.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-5.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-6.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-7.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-deep-forest-8.jpg
ChiragM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 12:19   #186
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Sure. All dashboard variants at one single place will be beneficial to all.
But it also means that this khakhi dashboard is not the usual black dashboard of Venue. It's somewhat greenish tinge to it. Is it like that?
Also, does anyone has knowledge that is Forest green available with normal black dashboard also?

Last edited by MSC : 24th February 2020 at 12:31.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:21   #187
BHPian

The dashboard is normal black for all the variants. May be it's not apparent in the pics due to lighting. The only change is the khakhi inserts on the door panel and a khakhi seat cover. Apart from that there are no major differences between the forest green and other variants. Also my car does not have these red inserts in the AC controls and in the blowers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20200224_173923.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20200224_173912.jpg  

nisshith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 05:57   #188
MSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
The dashboard is normal black for all the variants. May be it's not apparent in the pics due to lighting. The only change is the khakhi inserts on the door panel and a khakhi seat cover. Apart from that there are no major differences between the forest green and other variants. Also my car does not have these red inserts in the AC controls and in the blowers.
Your's seems to be the SX variant as it lacks the door pad leather cladding. While the pictures posted by @ ChiragM seem to be of SX-O variant as the leather padding on door handle indicates.
What is surprising is that even sales advisor is unaware of original setup and has asked for a day or two to clear up the doubt. I don't live in tier one or two city and have got a single Hyundai dealership in my entire district. Also, according to sales person there haven't been much sales of this specific color from this particular dealership and hence he is not aware of this color dashboard. I am quite vary of odd looking dashboard color as I have no idea how will this color respond to harsh, hot & humid temperature extremes. I have asked the sales advisor to confirm the dashboard color and then proceed further.

Last edited by MSC : 25th February 2020 at 05:58.
Old 25th February 2020, 08:43   #189
BHPian

I think the DCT varient does not come with the brown inserts and greenish dashboard. Probably, they are only on SX(O) variants. It is not clear in the official website on what variants gets what.
Old 25th February 2020, 13:01   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Hi Bhpians and Venue DCT owners, I need your advice, regarding the purchase of a vehicle by my brother, Venue is one of the short listed vehicles, which also include 2020 Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport. .
For your requirements, Vitara Brezza with its 1.5 Petrol engine makes sense. It has a tried and tested TC along with good road presence. The engine is frugal and super smooth, Suzuki knows how to make a petrol better than the competition i suppose.

Also, i find venue to be too cramped and as far as Ford is concerned, thought the EcoSport is a very accomplished vehicle , I would rather stay away from Ford in this present scenario.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 13:08   #191
MSC
BHPian

This is from the brochure of Venue which states the dashboard trim and the body color it can be availed in.
Only problem is that only seats are shown. The dashboard and armrest are not shown.
I had booked a Green Forest Venue but now planning to change to Denim Blue. I had planned for SX-O variant but a green dashboard and red AC inserts, is not up to everyone's taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_202002251259282.png  

Last edited by MSC : 25th February 2020 at 13:11.
Old 27th February 2020, 17:12   #192
BHPian

I got my SX plus DCT BS6 venue delivered, but its MID is not showing the transmission temperature screen when I use the button on the steering to browse info. I am able to browse through other info like mileage etc, but the transmission screen is missing. Also, the TPMS is also not seen. Experts here, any idea what the issue is? Is it a software/firmware glitch or are there other buttons to select it?
Old 28th February 2020, 17:18   #193
BHPian

If there are any BS6 DCT owners in the group, can you please help me. My Venue BS6 SX+ DCT Multi-Information Display (MID) in speedometer console does not show the transmission temperature gauge.

The showroom advisor says it is not available in BS6 MID, only BS4 used to have this transmission temperature screen. I find this hard to believe as with DCT this is a major omission. The BS 6 manual has the pages showing the transmission temperature gauge.

I am having a hard time figuring out whether the transmission temperature screen has been removed? I also understand that TPMS (Tyre Pressure) is shown in the MID for BS6, but even that is missing in my car.

If an owner in the group who has a DCT BS6 venue could cross-check in their car and let me know if the transmission temperature screen and TPMS is shown in the MID, it will be a big favour. Please help. Thanks.

Last edited by KVNair : 28th February 2020 at 17:21. Reason: Grammar
Old 28th February 2020, 19:40   #194
MSC
BHPian

God only knows why Hyundai is keeping such a secrecy regarding the BS6 1.5L CRDI engine. These vehicles have started reaching dealerships but still no one has correct and actual data with respect to engine output and other additions or deletions.
I am myself waiting for my BS6 1.5 CRDI Denim Blue, but neither Sales Advisor is telling anything nor is any specific information is available from Hyundai.
There was much hoopla regarding TPMS and already we have two owners with complaint that TPMS is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited by MSC : 28th February 2020 at 19:44.
Old 2nd March 2020, 19:11   #195
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai venue BS6 1.5 diesel gets 100hp and torque output remains to be same at 220NM as outgoing model with 1.4 diesel. Here is the comparison with its competitors in its segment Hyundai Venue : Official Review-smartselect_20200302190600_chrome.jpg
Source :Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks