Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2020, 12:36   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

I recently happened to check Venue and Creta back to back. Noted the following, which was not mentioned in any reviews
  • I found visibility from Venue's driver seat greatly limited by the high dash, even when I raised the seat to scratch the roof.
  • The headroom is limited, inspite of having a tall stance.

Compared to Venue, Creta seem to be a far better place on both the above aspects, despite looking similar from outside. Thoughts?
Old 20th March 2020, 20:01   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Compared to Venue, Creta seem to be a far better place on both the above aspects, despite looking similar from outside. Thoughts?
Sir, you are comparing two different segment of cars. Venue is a Sub-compact SUV (under 4 metres), whereas the Creta is Compact SUV measuring more in all the dimensions compared to the Venue(Length, Width & Height).
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 22:03   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Sir, you are comparing two different segment of cars
Well,that is sound reasoning in theory. Venue has height of 1605mm,and creta is at 1620mm. That is not substantial to cause the issue I faced. Secondly, the need is for a reasonably (>110bhp) powered automatic uv, that that can do both city and highway duty, which will replace my wife's Verna Automatic. Segments are irrelevant for us, as all we nead to seat 4 in comfort.

The frontal visibility in venue is worse than the D segment sedan I drive and I am 5.8. If this is how I fee I wonder what could be the case with shorter drivers. Hence the post, requesting first hand experience from distinguished members.
Old 23rd March 2020, 08:43   #214
BHPian

Gave my Venue for second service last week, total cost was 5099.

Kun Arumbakkam

Positives
- Very professional staffs (To an extent, will come to this later) headed by manager Praveen, always willing to support.
- There was a noticeable difference in the way my car drives post service. Didn’t get an opportunity to drive for longer duration.

Negatives

- Too much of reminders for second service. They started when the car was around 8500 kms. In a week, I will get atleast 4 calls, at times in a day I will get 2 calls from different individuals, very irritating. I eventually gave the car when the ODO was 9500. Imagine the number of calls I would have got.
- Pre delivery quality, if any, didn’t do their job efficiently. The car had gone for a wash and cleaning. When I went there, bird droplets which was there when I gave the car for service was still there
- Trip meter issue is still pending, to their credit they did all that is possible and claimed that’s how it is in Venue. Irony is Hyundai factory is too claiming so. I am not ready trust it, as logically it can’t be so. As the issue is not alarming, I lost interest is following up on this.

In a nutshell, I would rate them 7/10. Surely, there are areas to improve, but the intent is there to deliver good service
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-ea6c9771f1ec4cc4927921f38809e118.jpeg  

Old 26th March 2020, 13:48   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Good Evening everyone, I drive a 2010 old gen petrol i20. Recently I am planning to upgrade and test drove the 1.0 turbo manual venue.
However I found the engine very coarse with a lot of vibrations felt on the gear lever and lot of engine clutter creeping in even at low rpms.
Before I drove the 1.0 turbo, the sales advisor mistakenly brought the diesel 1.5 venue which I drove for a short distance.
The engine clutter and vibrations were next to nil in the diesel while they were very well felt in cabin in the petrol. The diesel felt very refined which confused both me and the sales advisor If it was the petrol one while it was exactly opposite in the turbo petrol.
Has anyone else felt the same about the NVH in the 1.0 turbo petrol?
We had the same 2010 petrol i20. Now we have replaced it with the Venue 1.0 turbo petrol manual. And yes, there are some clutters at low rpm levels. Mind you, it is a 3 cylinder engine. You really have to work the gears at lower rpms. But trust me, it's the Turbo petrol manual that you want. The engine is very punchy and sufficient for the highway runs. Also you don't have to worry as it's really refined at higher gears. When compared to the i20 we had the Venue feels so much more confident and punchy out on the highway. It handles pretty well too.
SNOWY227 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 20:33   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWY227 View Post
We had the same 2010 petrol i20. Now we have replaced it with the Venue 1.0 turbo petrol manual. And yes, there are some clutters at low rpm levels. Mind you, it is a 3 cylinder engine. You really have to work the gears at lower rpms. But trust me, it's the Turbo petrol manual that you want. The engine is very punchy and sufficient for the highway runs. Also you don't have to worry as it's really refined at higher gears. When compared to the i20 we had the Venue feels so much more confident and punchy out on the highway. It handles pretty well too.
Hi, how do you feel the change from a low-slung premium hatch to a high rise crossover(a bit cramped though). By cramped I mean is that the rear space, especially the legroom is considerably less compared to the i20. Do you find it as a major drawback? I am 6 footer, and somehow I feel the Venue to be a little cramped compared to the i20 ( in all aspects). Generally Hyundai's packaging is fab, but here they have let down a bit. Even the Maruti Brezza feels spacious compared to the Venue.
I am planning to upgrade to either the New i20 or the upcoming Kia Sonet in coming future (let's see when that happens); hence, would love to hear your take on this switch.
Old 28th March 2020, 13:39   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi, how do you feel the change from a low-slung premium hatch to a high rise crossover(a bit cramped though). By cramped I mean is that the rear space, especially the legroom is considerably less compared to the i20. Do you find it as a major drawback? I am 6 footer, and somehow I feel the Venue to be a little cramped compared to the i20 ( in all aspects). Generally Hyundai's packaging is fab, but here they have let down a bit. Even the Maruti Brezza feels spacious compared to the Venue.
I am planning to upgrade to either the New i20 or the upcoming Kia Sonet in coming future (let's see when that happens); hence, would love to hear your take on this switch.
Let me clear some things first. I'm still a Medical student and it's my father's car. Now my father has plans to buy a bigger premium SUV in the future, so the Venue was bought in the first place as a second car according to me.
Now I haven't driven both the cars extensively, but by my considerable experience, you are right. The Venue feels and is a bit cramped. The i20 feels spacious for a hatchback and the Venue is a small crossover, so they are kinda close on the spectrum. During long journeys Venue is just for four people. The fifth person will find it a bit uncomfortable. But where the Venue scores when compared to the i20 is it's performance and handling characteristics. High speed stability and steering response wasn't really a thing for the i20. We'll have to wait and see how the next gen i20 will fare. Won't the Kia Sonet be essentially a Kia Venue? So to sum up, all my dad wanted was a parallel replacement for the i20 with SUV feel and he got one. But for you, might I suggest the upcoming Honda City. I think it will be an awesome buy. It's a spacious sedan and the sweet VTEC engine is worth everything.
Ps: The first car I suggested my dad was the City. But he isn't a big fan of sedans.
Old 28th March 2020, 22:06   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWY227 View Post
I suggest the upcoming Honda City. I think it will be an awesome buy. It's a spacious sedan and the sweet VTEC engine is worth everything.
Ps: The first car I suggested my dad was the City. But he isn't a big fan of sedans.
Hey, thanks for your reply. Well, I am looking at the replacement of my Maruti Swift & hence considering a premium hatch or a sub-compact SUV. So the jump I am looking at is marginal & especially in sub 4 metres cars. I already own a Hyundai Creta and hence don’t need a bigger car.
Also, I am not a quite fan of sedans. It’s either hatches or the SUVs.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 19:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Hyundai Venue diesel fuel economy revealed. The Venue BS6 diesel has an ARAI-certified fuel economy figure of 23.3kpl. For reference, the BS4 Venue diesel delivered 23.7kpl.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-416947
Old 22nd April 2020, 12:25   #220
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue USA tech spec details video released.

Loads of additional features compared to Indian version. To name a few:-

- 121-hp 1.6L DPI 4-cylinder engine
- Smartstream Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Heated Seats
- Drive Mode Select including Snow Mode
Old 22nd April 2020, 21:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Hyundai Venue USA tech spec details video released.
Biggest difference its based on Accent/Verna platform which is much better than Santro based Indian Venue.
Old 4th May 2020, 15:54   #222
Senior - BHPian

Turbo-Petrol Drag Race
Hyundai Venue
Mahindra XUV 300.

Old 4th May 2020, 16:21   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Turbo-Petrol Drag Race
Hyundai Venue
Mahindra XUV 300.

Yes, but with the 1.0 Turbo Petrol mill. Waiting to see what the Seltos/ Creta 1.5D will do in the Venue

I am really inclined towards the venue, but i do not like those Alloy's design. I have seen a Venue with MOMO revenge gun metal, and OMG, the car looks so good. Will wait and see what the Kia counterpart will look like and take a call.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th May 2020 at 18:41. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 4th May 2020, 16:27   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Biggest difference its based on Accent/Verna platform which is much better than Santro based Indian Venue.
Can you please let me know the source of this information?
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 20:18   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Can you please let me know the source of this information?
Will Do:-

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...ght-customers/

In reality, the Venue is an urban SUV that rides on the Hyundai Accent platform

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/37224...e-first-drive/

fact that the Venue's platform mate, the Hyundai Accent, has the same

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...enue-us-drive/

Venue isn't as fuel efficient as its Accent platform-mate

Do you also require proof of Indian Venue's K1 heritage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks