Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st June 2020, 19:57   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Got my Venue delivered today. Its an SX+ DCT variant in Denim Blue. Will put up a concrete ownership thread once I do a few miles on it. Upgrading from a Baleno RS and initial impressions are great. The quality of the materials used and the total car feels better put altogether.
Congratulations on your purchase, the colour looks dashing on your car
Since you plan to pen an ownership review, I request you to keep us posted about the fuel efficiency you’re getting in comparison to Baleno RS, once you’ve clocked considerable miles. Thanks.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:03   #242
BHPian

Just booked SX (O) in Denim Blue, can new owners confirm if it's coming with TPMS in BS6 avatar? Dealer does not have much information on it :(
Old 22nd June 2020, 14:34   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Just booked SX (O) in Denim Blue, can new owners confirm if it's coming with TPMS in BS6 avatar? Dealer does not have much information on it
Yes - the TPMS is available in SX-DCT and SX-O.
Well done Hyundai dealership. A sales team that doesn't know about the USP feature of a car. Let alone smaller / technical details.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd June 2020 at 14:37.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:32   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yes - the TPMS is available in SX-DCT and SX-O.
Well done Hyundai dealership. A sales team that doesn't know about the USP feature of a car. Let alone smaller / technical details.
Thanks Reinhard, I saw some conflicting reports so asked here

Furthermore, he said it's okay to put seat covers on SX-O. I had to send him the screenshot from our official review and he has ghosted me since!

I am not in India so don't want much trouble on delivery front, have just asked him to deliver the car without any accessories.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 12:31   #245
Senior - BHPian

Venue sales crossed one lakh landmark in 12 months - Link
  • Within 1 year of launch, sale of 1,00,000 plus vehicles
  • Highest selling sub-4-metre Compact SUV in CY 2020 in India (Jan-May).
  • Nearly 44% of Venue sales coming from Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi Petrol engine, making it the most popular engine option
  • Over 15,000 units sold of the Kappa 1.0 l T-GDi engine mated with 7-Speed DCT transmission
  • 30% plus contribution from the 1.5 l U2 CRDi Diesel BS6 engine (Mar-Jun 2020)
  • Over 30,000 customers have opted for VENUE variants with BlueLink connected technology
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 13:53   #246
Senior - BHPian

Default Over 1 lakh Hyundai Venue SUVs sold in a year

According to Hyundai, it has sold more than 1 lakh units of the Venue sub-4 meter SUV in just 1 year since its launch.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai-venue-celebrates-1-lakh-sales-1-year.jpg

In India, Hyundai has sold over 97,400 units of the Venue and has exported more than 7,400 units to international markets. From January-May 2020, the Venue was the highest selling sub-4 meter SUV in India.

According to the carmaker, 44% of customers chose the 1.0-litre turbo petrol version of the Venue. Over 15,000 units of the Venue turbo petrol equipped with the 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission were sold. Sales of the 1.5-litre diesel version accounted for 30% of the total sales during the period of March-June 2020. Hyundai claims that over 30,000 customers opted for the variants equipped with BlueLink Connected Technology.

The Venue is available with a 998cc turbocharged petrol engine, which makes 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm @ 2,500-4,000 rpm and comes paired with a 6-speed manual or 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission as well as a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 115 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. It also comes with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 99 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 240 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 14:21   #247
BHPian

Default Re: Over 1 lakh Hyundai Venue SUVs sold in a year

Venue was the second best selling sub-4 meter SUV in May. XUV300 bagged the first place by a minute margin.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 16:00   #248
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

The likes of Renault, VW, Ford must study the consistent success of Hyundai launches and attempt to replicate some of them at least.

Am not even getting into Nissan, Toyota and Honda, I get the feeling they have either given up or don't give a damn.
Old 26th June 2020, 16:28   #249
MSC
BHPian

Venue has been one among the top performers for Hyundai. I was looking for a Brezza ZDI sometime around last Diwali. But then Maruti refused to give us a BS-6 diesel, so went for Venue diesel.
I had booked it in February but Corona and subsequent lockdown sent everything for a toss. And after a long wait of almost 90 days, I finally got my Denim Blue Venue SX-O 1.5 CRDI on 29 May.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fb_img_1593168687976.jpg  

MSC is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 16:47   #250

Turbo version consisting 44% of sales is astounding however, in additon to the copacetic attributes of the product itself, I think the novelty of the powertrain and hype generated by Hyundai dealership salesmen is one of the major factors behind those sales.

The other day I was at the Hyundai dealership/ASC for a routine service of my xcent, a family had came to check out the Venue. The salesman that was assigned to them (a good freind of mine since childhood) was constantly trying to highlight the virtues of the Turbo variant and the accompanying dual-clutch transmission, some advantages so highly exagerated that it made me laugh out loud a copule of times, that it impressed the customer to shell out additonal money and book the Turbo variant.

Anyways, hope this news will make other manufactures experiment in provding varied powertrains.
grosserimperial is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 23:47   #251
Senior - BHPian

44% of total sales from the 1.0 turbo petrol is very impressive.

MSIL should learn product planning from Hyundai. The 1.0 boosterjet could have been used in Swift, Baleno, dZire, Ciaz, and Brezza to localize manufacturing and reduce prices.
landcruiser123 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 08:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
44% of total sales from the 1.0 turbo petrol is very impressive.

MSIL should learn product planning from Hyundai. The 1.0 boosterjet could have been used in Swift, Baleno, dZire, Ciaz, and Brezza to localize manufacturing and reduce prices.
Absolutely. Honda should also take a lesson. 20 years back Honda enjoyed great snob value with the City. Men wanted it, boys had it's posters on their bedroom walls. Hyundai on the other hand had just the humble Santro. Look how far they have come today. They have a product in every price range, engine options and variants spread to suit all kind of tastes. And now, look at Honda.
itsashishsharma is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 14:05   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosserimperial View Post
Turbo version consisting 44% of sales is astounding however, in additon to the copacetic attributes of the product itself, I think the novelty of the powertrain and hype generated by Hyundai dealership salesmen is one of the major factors behind those sales.

The other day I was at the Hyundai dealership/ASC for a routine service of my xcent, a family had came to check out the Venue. The salesman that was assigned to them (a good freind of mine since childhood) was constantly trying to highlight the virtues of the Turbo variant and the accompanying dual-clutch transmission, some advantages so highly exagerated that it made me laugh out loud a copule of times, that it impressed the customer to shell out additonal money and book the Turbo variant.

Anyways, hope this news will make other manufactures experiment in provding varied powertrains.
Totally agree with your point "Novel Powertrain + Marketing".
Also, I think the major reason for higher numbers for turbo engine sales is because of Hyundai's strategy. They positioned the 1.0T-GDI engine in mid-to-high trims, meaning you get features only with turbo engine. Customers who are not very keen on turbo engines eventually end up buying them because of features. This is where the marketing/dealerships have done a good job of retaining customer's to Venue rather than losing himself altogether.
abhkop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 22:18   #254
BHPian

Hello everyone, does anyone have any idea about the official accessories introduced by Hyundai for the Venue. HID bulb headlight kit – Rs 12,000, LED bulb headlight kit – Rs 5,000 have been introduced by Hyundai.
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:02   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Venue to get clutchless manual transmission in July 2020.

The intelligent manual transmission (iMT) aims to combine the strengths of manual and automatic gearboxes.
I have been wondering exactly how to categorize this. Would it be just that with an AMT (or Auto DCT) actuator, the gear stick has a 5 (or 6)+R gates instead of the sequential +/- shifting in traditional AMTs (or DCTs)?
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed