Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 11:53   #466
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashgurnani View Post
Hi, Do you recommend upgrading to this air filter? Is it worth the price? I own Venue Turbo 1.0 DCT.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not facing any troubles so far with Verna Turbo. There will be a noticeable difference.

As far as filter is concerned, I'm using it for years in my other cars too.
Old 12th April 2022, 11:46   #467

I did a TD of Hyundai Venue DCT. Now, I did this after doing the TD for VW Taigun 1 L. Gosh! marked difference in refinements and build qualities at same engine capacity. Having said that, what intrigued me was my observation of gear change in Hyundai with a jerky sound (no jerks felt though).

Was it because of an old TD car or it is actually the case. I thought an AMT would reflect such an effect but not a DCT. Any Hyundai Venue owners can shed some light on this experience?
Old 19th April 2022, 18:40   #468
BHPian

Once again, Hyundai India updated the Venue variant lineup, The updated 2022 Venue brochure is available on the Hyundai India Official website. As per the latest brochure below changes are available in the venue.
  1. 1.0 Turbo GDI iMT not available in SX(O) or SX(O) Exe Variants
  2. 1.0 Turbo GDI available only in SX+ with MT/DCT/iMT
  3. Sport Trim Completely removed
  4. Dual Tone color is not available.
  5. Venue available only in the below 5 colors
  • Polar white
  • Typhoon silver
  • Fiery Red
  • Denim Blue
  • Titan Grey
Variants:
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-variant.png

Colors:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-colors.png

Brochure:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Venue_2022_ brochure.pdf (1.14 MB, 227 views)
Old 19th April 2022, 23:56   #469
BHPian

I recently went to Hyundai showroom looking to check out new i20. I asked the SA about the Venue as well and he told that they have stopped taking bookings for Venue top models. Is it becaue the facelift is just around the corner?
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 16:51   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
I recently went to Hyundai showroom looking to check out new i20. I asked the SA about the Venue as well and he told that they have stopped taking bookings for Venue top models. Is it becaue the facelift is just around the corner?
I had recently called a Hyundai dealership (in Kolkata) to enquire about the tentative launch date of the new Venue facelift. The dealership SA told me that they have started taking unofficial bookings of the soon to be launched facelift version of the Venue. He also said that they are expecting the company to announce/launch the facelift during 3rd/4th week of June. That could be one of the reasons why the dealerships may have stopped taking booking of the top-end models. Hope this helps.
Old 12th May 2022, 18:49   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhricha View Post
I had recently called a Hyundai dealership (in Kolkata) to enquire about the tentative launch date of the new Venue facelift. The dealership SA told me that they have started taking unofficial bookings of the soon to be launched facelift version of the Venue. He also said that they are expecting the company to announce/launch the facelift during 3rd/4th week of June. That could be one of the reasons why the dealerships may have stopped taking booking of the top-end models. Hope this helps.
Why stop taking bookings in this case and lose potential customers. Given the current waiting period on Venue the customers in queue will automatically be upgraded to the facelift version.
Old 13th May 2022, 10:49   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
Why stop taking bookings in this case and lose potential customers. Given the current waiting period on Venue the customers in queue will automatically be upgraded to the facelift version.
Rightly said. The only logic behind this could be that top end model(s) may have a waiting period already and the company and/or the dealerships are trying to clear the pending orders and also clear inventory of the current version to make way for the new facelift version. I think that anyone's booking getting automatically upgraded to the new facelift depends on the dealership through which the booking has been done and also on the customer.
Generally speaking, if a customer is unaware of soon-to-be launched facelift/upgrade to the current model (be it any car) and if the dealership doesn't inform the customer as well, they may very well receive the old model rather than new one. I feel, the duty primary lies with dealership to inform their customer(s) of such things.
Old 13th May 2022, 11:27   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhricha View Post
Rightly said. The only logic behind this could be that top end model(s) may have a waiting period already and the company and/or the dealerships are trying to clear the pending orders and also clear inventory of the current version to make way for the new facelift version. I think that anyone's booking getting automatically upgraded to the new facelift depends on the dealership through which the booking has been done and also on the customer.
Generally speaking, if a customer is unaware of soon-to-be launched facelift/upgrade to the current model (be it any car) and if the dealership doesn't inform the customer as well, they may very well receive the old model rather than new one. I feel, the duty primary lies with dealership to inform their customer(s) of such things.
I think (and I may be wrong as I have never been in such a situation) when you book a car which has a waiting period, you get the model which is in production at the time of delivery. You will also have to bear any change in prices at the time of delivery. So if the facelift is launched before thee delivery of your vehicle and the company exhausts its current stock then you will get only the facelift version.

Similar thing happens if a particular variant is discontinued. In such a case you have to either change your booking to the available variants or cancel it.
shekjsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:31   #474
BHPian

We own the 2019 Hyundai Venue 1.0 DCT. While driving a week ago we encountered the "engine is overheating" warning. We pulled over safely and luckily we were right near a petrol pump. We figured perhaps the coolant level is low and bought some coolant and opened the coolant tank to fill it.

The cap of the coolant tank was very hot and after it cooled a little when we opened the cap, a thick boiling liquid the colour of mud started overflowing from the tank. We called roadside assistance and had the car towed to the service center.

Upon inspection the SA said that the coolant and engine oil got mixed. Since the vehicle was in warranty, the towing and repair was free. I asked the SA if this has happened to any other Venue that he knows of, and he said it has not happened to any other Hyundai vehicle and this is a very rare issue.

I immediately purchased the extended warranty.

I am waiting for the car and invoice which will be delivered today to detail what repair they actually made.

We were satisfied with the response that Hyundai service gave, and also that they repaired everything under warranty. I have had some experiences with VW and Chevrolet where they try to duck their warranty responsibilities citing bull**** reasons but Hyundai was very good.

I hope the problem does not resurface as all the Hyundai cars we have owned so far have been very good in terms of quality.
Old 13th May 2022, 11:43   #475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Upon inspection the SA said that the coolant and engine oil got mixed.
I hope you know that this is known as a catastrophic failure of the engine. Coolant mixes with oil when the head gasket has failed. This is not a simple fix. Requiring engine to be checked thoroughly including opening the head and changing gasket. Also if the engine oil has made its way to radiator then it will need a new radiator as well.

This is the absolute worse case scenario in an engine other than finding metal parts in the oil.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th May 2022 at 19:10. Reason: Typo
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:59   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I hope you know that this is known as a catastrophic failure of the engine. Coolant mixes with oil when the head gasket has failed. This is not a simple fix. Requiring engine to be checked thoroughly including opening the head and changing gasket. Also if the engine oil has made its way to radiator then it will need a new radiator as well.

This is the absolute worse case scenario in an engine other than filing metal parts in the oil.
Thanks for this information.

The SA's explanation was that the oil cooler's seal was faulty and this led to the mix. The head gasket is intact and there is no issue there or in the engine.

They did not replace anything other than the seal which failed. They have flushed the remaining parts including the radiator to remove the sludge.

He asked me to drive the car for 1500 Kms and asked me to bring back the car to the service station for another check.

Luckily we purchased extended warranty and if this issue reoccurs we are protected.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 13:57   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

This is the absolute worse case scenario in an engine other than filing metal parts in the oil.
That's not entirely correct. If coolant mixes with engine oil, then the oil cooler has failed. If the coolant is boiling, or reducing in quantity in the coolant expansion tank, then in all likelihood the head gasket has failed.

Quote:
Luckily we purchased extended warranty and if this issue reoccurs we are protected.
In your case, you're lucky that they have been honest and explained the problem correctly. Glad the engine is fine.

Usually, it is a good idea to flush the complete cooling system before starting the car. Oil and coolant mixing is not a good idea, especially if it has entered the radiator. Radiator will need to be flushed thoroughly before starting the car.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th May 2022 at 11:54. Reason: Back to Back posts, trimmed quoted post.
kiredd1005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 12:34   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this information.

The SA's explanation was that the oil cooler's seal was faulty and this led to the mix. The head gasket is intact and there is no issue there or in the engine.

They did not replace anything other than the seal which failed. They have flushed the remaining parts including the radiator to remove the sludge.

He asked me to drive the car for 1500 Kms and asked me to bring back the car to the service station for another check.

So the check engine light came on yesterday in the Venue. We called the SA and he said it is not a serious issue but they still took the car to the service center and checked the diagnostics. He said it was a sensor issue and once they cleaned the sensor the problem disappeared. When I pressed him as to which sensor he just said it was an ECU sensor which sounded like bull**** to me.

He however assured me the car is absolutely fine and there are no issues. I even asked him if we can drive the car long distance and he said absolutely no problems with that.

I'm hoping no other problems happen, I am thanking my stars we have the extended warranty valid for another two years..
Old 20th May 2022, 07:12   #479
BHPian

I had a 'tak-tak' sound originating from the steering column, now its solved for good. The same issue is present on the Creta as well as the Verna and if you have the same, make sure you get it replaced under warranty. I had to go to the service center twice to get this resolved as their first replacement of EPS motor was the wrong diagnosis. Earlier, Hyundai used to replaced the entire steering column under warranty, but now just the worm shaft. I also got the tail gate lifter assembly replaced under warranty as the tail gate refused to go up and usually gets stuck at half way. Speaks volumes about Hyundai's current quality control.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai.png  

Old 21st May 2022, 17:05   #480
BHPian

Completed my 4th paid service today at Kun Hyundai Ambattur.
Km 21920.
Basic service, No specific concerns as such *Touchwood*

I called Mr Padmanabhan (SM) on Thursday and informed him to block a slot for today. He assured me express service, went to service center today and he immediately assigned technician to attend my vechile. They provided me a link where I can monitor the service, though it wasn't of a great use for me but good initiative. Total service amount Rs 8208, enclosed the bill breakup.

Special mention to Mr Padmanabhan, know him for close to 3 years now, very supportive and always customer centric.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20220521144814_drive.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20220521114325_samsung-internet.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20220521114107_samsung-internet.jpg  

Most Viewed