Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 15:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Great review as always guys, thanks for the hard work put in. Although I feel nowadays TBhp reviews seem to be coming out quite a bit later than they used to, almost 2 months after launch. I do however acknowledge that TBhp reviews are more comprehensive compared to others and also you guys need to work around your day jobs as well.

I feel that there are a couple slight discrepancies in the review based on reports from test drives and initial ownership reports :

Pricing : General consensus seems to be that the car is a bit overpriced for what it offers.

Driveability : It has been reported that there is turbo lag and a weak bottom end in the turbo DCT as compared to the review indicating it's not at it's best in city traffic.

DCT Troubles : A user has reported overheating issues with his new Venue DCT. This has not been mentioned in the review keeping in mind DCT issues with other cars that have this gearbox. Also these kinds of problems faced by owners of new launches have been highlighted in other new car reviews that have been published after deliveries have started.

I hope you guys take my feedback positively as I do appreciate the effort and complexity that goes into TBhp reviews which is one of the main highlights of this community.
Mortis is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 16:22   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The S variant of the Venue has a different instrument cluster to the one in the SX / SX(O) variants.
Who might have approved that? Large parts of the LHS dial and RHS MID are blocked by the central dial! What in heaven was the designer thinking?
Old 20th September 2019, 18:52   #48
BHPian

Detailed and crisp review as always!
A lot of people told me that the 1.4L diesel is very underpowered but reading the TBHP review, the engine seems to be adequate and is perfect for a sedate driver.

Quote:
Even if the cabin lights are left in the ON position, they will go off when you lock the car from outside (to prevent battery drain).
This feature should be offered in every car on sale!
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 23:56   #49

Comprehensive Review indeed. Had a chance to look at the car in person. Looks like the design team had a day off during the designing phase. As usual, multiple features missing in the top end-trim, similar to the Creta. Hopefully expecting them to be introduced as part of the face-lifted version. After the test-drive, my personal opinion was the car felt under-powered with my family at back. Strictly 2 adults in the back.
Old 21st September 2019, 08:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
4. Is there actually no speed warning chime/beep at 80 & 120 kmph?
Oh there is! At 80 kmph, you get loud beeps. At 120 kmph, all hell breaks loose ! The noise is so loud and disturbing, you won't think of going past 120 kmph any more!
You have to hand it to Hyundai to come up with ways of masking the weaknesses of their engines, when others in the segment have more power .
sunsetorange is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 10:31   #51
BHPian

The Elite i20 Asta 1.4 CRDi weighs in at 1215 kg, give or take a few. I did not find weight figures for the Venue with the same engine. Not sure if Hyundai has played around with the gearing but I’m in absolute love with my i20. I prefer it to the larger cars that I have in my garage. Simple, light, efficient and reasonably powerful. I guess the Venue simply enhances the traits and makes it better. Although a wrong place to post, here are some of the mileage figures on my i20. As you can see, the better figures are during the expressway/highway travel where I usually don’t go beyond 80-100 kmph. City travel saps fuel economy; sitting at a signal for a long time or crawling through traffic. Bad for your purse, bad for the environment, bad for the economy, bad for your country and bad for the planet (Curse our myopic planning)
*this post is to help people understand the efficiency of the engine that also powers the venue
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-cde2415f573e492190f546ad310845ff.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-dbc45c02eadd40d2bd99c8e17b32a96c.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-2132c8a4f0ad4716b0854be21b87507a.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-0fc2d166e30d49c8bb7c6671a0f482be.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-0e5119ae8edc4b408f735b1f8ef37edb.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-c30bb07a35404965adec795bf3f4e232.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-59201498398c4bd2bd4e85cab78d4e21.jpeg  

Last edited by roadrunner_nv : 21st September 2019 at 10:33.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 18:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
I guess the console pictured is E/S variant of the 1.2 NA petrol
Attachment 1916440
Checked out the Venue today with another BHPian, Chillout. Below is the console of the SX TGDi MT. The display car didn't have rear washer & wiper so this isn't the SX (O) variant.

Ignore the blue tinge. Had to use the flash as it was dark.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190921142605.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190921142850.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190921142847.jpg

Dash of SX TGDi MT
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190921_183439.jpg

Console of the SX+ DCT (7.8 kmpl on a TD car so owners can expect ~9-10 kmpl?, If so then it is pretty decent mileage considering the power output, transmission & city driving conditions)
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190921_183803.jpg

I had clicked this in June. Interiors of the S DCT where it is clear that the console is normal and doesn't have 3 cowls as in SX MT (kindly ignore the glare as it was a clicked afternoon on a bright sunny day)

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20190529124402.jpg

Will have to check the console of E and S variants. Why would Hyundai have different consoles for different variants of the same car??

DCT TD:

Tests drove the DCT and came back very impressed. Venue is a departure for Hyundai in terms of ride and handling. It is compact, tight and handles really well. The DCT is impressive - very smooth shifts and responsive. BHPian Chillout who drives Ecosport DCT was impressed with Venue and says it is better than in Ford.

If this is how future Hyundai models will be then it's a win win for enthusiasts too. I'm looking forward to the nextgen i20 that is scheduled to come with the same engine and transmission combo.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st September 2019 at 19:01.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 00:09   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Checked out the Venue today with another BHPian, Chillout. Below is the console of the SX TGDi MT. The display car didn't have rear washer & wiper so this isn't the SX (O) variant.
If I am not wrong, only the SX(O) models in manual transmission and the DCT models get the upgraded MID Or the "normal" MID as you have stated. All the other models get the basic MID along with the cheap looking circular covers for the speedo.

Maruti had also implemented the same MID logic in the Baleno.
a_myth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:54   #54
BHPian

This review was definitely worth the long wait! Thanking the stalwarts, Aditya and CD!

TeamBhp covers every single minute detail to the very last nut and bolt, a trait which most reviewers and channels do not cover!

I agree with the reliability of the DCT long term issues with bumper to bumper traffic coverage. We have seen some DCT heating issues on the group and would like to know if the mods faced any such issues on their drives.

Was excited about this car, with the DCT and it's power figures on paper. In all honesty, I was disappointed with the power delivery and lag and this engine only opens post 2000rpm. It is a quick one on an open stretch though!

Thank you guys for such a detailed review once again! A recommendation for those to read every word prior to buying the Venue.
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:04   #55
BHPian

Great review as usual and as expected from TeamBHP. Dont think any single aspect was left unattended.

However having driven Hyundai for 11 long years, can definitely say that what Hyundai lacks in the engine & transmission departments, it makes up in design, quality and fit-n-finish. However with Venue, i believe the overall design is not that attractive, specifically the rear end, as that of Creta or Elite i20. The initial euphoria may taper off after Maruti launches the face lifted Vitara Brezza with BS6 powertrains.
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

I felt the interiors were just on par with competition. Between new gen EcoSport and Venue I could not judge which one had better interior. While the engine in Venue felt more refined, it was no match to Ecosports larger dragon motor interms of drivability. Exact opposite when it comes to gearbox, DCT in venue shifts quicker compared to EcoSport. As a overall package, I felt EcoSport had a lot more to offer, at least when it comes to A/T Petrol.
With so many complaints on Hyundai A.S.S in our forum, I think it's time to call their service on par with competition and no longer Hyundai's strong point.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Oh there is! At 80 kmph, you get loud beeps. At 120 kmph, all hell breaks loose ! The noise is so loud and disturbing, you won't think of going past 120 kmph any more!
You have to hand it to Hyundai to come up with ways of masking the weaknesses of their engines, when others in the segment have more power .
Not sure if all the manufacturers have complied, but I was under the impression that these warning beeps at 80 kmph and 120 kmph were mandatory in all new cars manufactured from July 2019 onwards...

Last edited by mr.kaybee : 23rd September 2019 at 15:36.
mr.kaybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 14:22   #58
BHPian

My hill drives involve 4 to 5 adults and a fully packed boot on the hills of Kumaon upto a height of 6000-7000 feet (Nainital, Mukteshwar types). Once every 2 to 3 monthly. Confined to tarred roads only, no off roading at all. Need expert opinion whether the DCT AUTO (petrol) VENUE would be able bear this load comfortably ? I intend to keep it for 5 years and more than 75 % drive will be in East Delhi traffic only (day to day drive). TIA !
Old 25th September 2019, 10:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post
Not sure if all the manufacturers have complied, but I was under the impression that these warning beeps at 80 kmph and 120 kmph were mandatory in all new cars manufactured from July 2019 onwards...
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...er-speeds.html (Do the 80 / 120 kmph speed alerts dissuade you from driving at higher speeds?)

Found the Team-BHP thread with all the details regarding the mandatory 80 / 120 kmph speed alerts - looks like each manufacturer is taking a slightly different approach to the way they are implementing the law.
mr.kaybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 12:54   #60
BHPian

As all good things take time, I can happily say this review was worth the wait.

My two cents: I fully agree that the car lacks the visual appeal and can be termed as an i10 on steroids. I have been trying to appreciate the looks but I just can't. Also, when I test drove the DCT SX+, I felt the car had to be revved really hard to cover those gaps in between traffic, which makes the car go ballistic with that exhaust note, but I am not sure whether I can live with that noise on a daily basis in a usual city driving scenario. I test drove Kia Seltos 1.4 DCT, and it definitely feels much better in this regard, justifying its price tag.
SPB_drives is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks