Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Not sure how Hyundai is going to address this. There should be no easy solution for them too.
What is 30 degree Celsius here? Is that the outside temperature? In that case there is a UI/UX issue (to display 'high transmission temperature' next to ambient temperature) I am imagining that high temperature should be really high.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:26   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What is 30 degree Celsius here? Is that the outside temperature?
Yes, that's the outside temperature.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 17:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
But it does have one advantage, that one can simply unplug it and viola no more nuisance especially during odd hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And most importantly now its a very simple fix for those who don't like it. Just unplug the couplers. No need of fancy BCM controls & button combinations to enable/disable it. (Presuming disconnecting the horn doesn't create a BCM error code for electrical malfunction on every lock/unlock action.)
If I'm not mistaken, I think unplugging the horn to disable the lock/unlock sound also disables the sound of the anti-theft alarm.
I remember watching a YouTube video in which someone attempted this on a Hyundai Verna (latest one).

Last edited by ashwinp : 25th October 2019 at 17:40. Reason: Quote
ashwinp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 12:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What is 30 degree Celsius here? Is that the outside temperature? In that case there is a UI/UX issue (to display 'high transmission temperature' next to ambient temperature) I am imagining that high temperature should be really high.
UX issue, without giving much thought. They should stop showing climate temp when the warning is related to another temperature. :-)
agbenny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 11:41   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinp View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I think unplugging the horn to disable the lock/unlock sound also disables the sound of the anti-theft alarm.
I remember watching a YouTube video in which someone attempted this on a Hyundai Verna (latest one).
Yes, you may be right. One negative aspect will be that the sound will be disabled. But I hate that tone of door locked/unlock. Need to look at options of replacing that horn at least.
Old 27th October 2019, 11:46   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Yes, you may be right. One negative aspect will be that the sound will be disabled. But I hate that tone of door locked/unlock. Need to look at options of replacing that horn at least.
Me too. I'm looking for a way to safely disable it on my Elite i20.
It's loud and annoying especially at night when everything around is quiet.
It becomes especially loud once I park it in my garage.

My Grand i10 is fitted with the same alarm + lock/unlock system, yet it doesn't make any sound when locked/unlocked.
Old 7th November 2019, 19:02   #97
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the latest news from GNCAP came back to this thread to check what was the platform used for venue and found this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

The Venue is based on the K1 platform which made its debut in the Santro.
And this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What you'll like:
• Precise build & quality (including interiors) are easily among the segment best
]
Hyundai's build quality is often praised a lot but does this K1 platform changes things? Are they going Maruti way? And venue by no means is a cheap car with SX DCT touching almost 14L in Bangalore

Reason I ask is, we are in process of new car shopping for few of my colleagues and were inclined towards venue for the 'perceived' safe build quality. But santro news got all of us thinking if we were being over optimistic about Hyundai

Even india built i20(For South Africa market) failed the crash test, although am not sure if it's sold here in same guise. Link (Made-in-India Hyundai i20 scores 3 stars in NCAP test (South African market))

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th November 2019 at 19:07.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 21:30   #98
BHPian

Ok, I and my friend checked this car today as a prospective purchase for my sister's family, for city runabouts.

Observations, (both of us are tall)

- Strikingly beautiful
- One of the best designs after a long time, Hyundai in full form here

But once inside, everything changed,

- Since the design is such that of the Jeep or a boxy SUV, the upright windshield and the resulting pushed-forward dashboard cuts down a lot of unusable space which makes the whole cabin space cramped

- Cabin width, again was narrow, but front seats were an OK place to be in.

- There have been videos showing measurements using tapes on how the Venue is comparable to other cars in this segment in leg space, shoulder space etc. They measure the rear seat width, but they don't measure how much of the C pillars protrusion inside cuts down the shoulder width and where exactly it comes closer to your body, similarly for rear seat space, if the front passenger is going to pull his seat forward to accommodate the rear passenger, he is going to suffer with his head coming almost closer to the roof.

- Coming out of the rear seat was a struggle. My friend jokingly said, looks like someone has to pull us out.

This is one team-bhp review where I totally disagree with the take on the interiors, the in-cabin experience was lacklustre to put it mildly, especially from a people mover point of view.

I might still consider this car for my personal usage after diesel engine's transition to BS6, just for the magical looks with the OK front seats, but would never suggest this car to anyone who plan to use it for their families.
CliffHanger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:31   #99
BHPian

Hyundai's safety standards are poor, to put it mildly, in India.

Other than the front looks and great dash, can't find anything good about this car, esp at the exorbitant price point. Not sure when we will wake up to the fact that SUVs are not raised i20s and Santros. Also, many uninformed buyers treat these like SUVs - check the Cretas and Venues in the hills. Products like XUV300 are distinctly superior to Venue, IMO. XUV 300 pricing is atrocious but if Mahindra can cut it by 50k, it will be great proposition.

No offense meant for the folks who love Venue.
Old 12th November 2019, 10:11   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Hyundai's safety standards are poor, to put it mildly, in India.
Now a days, its best to hold judgement on these things until a car is actually tested by GNCAP. Hopefully the Venue will be picked up soon. A similar perception exists about Maruti also. But their representative in the sub4M segment is one of the FEW cars that scored a good 4 stars in GNCAP when tested. Without substantiated data, a Nano & a Hummer should be considered equally unsafe on road now a days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Other than the front looks and great dash, can't find anything good about this car, esp at the exorbitant price point.
Going by the sales numbers, actually it seems the car has what majority people want the most. We might be an exception, but that doesn't make the product incorrect or overpriced. Something I have learnt over time. As long as owners are happy with their choice - the product is excellent.

As for the pricing in my point of view, except for the EcoSport, absolutely all the cars in this segment are overpriced for what they offer. The kit, quality & capability of the EcoSport justifies its asking price. All others are making money on the basis of just 1 USP each. (Connected car, Maruti brand, 5 star safety rating, highest power in segment, Honda brand) So nothing specifically wrong with the Venue on that front either.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 19:40   #101
MSC
BHPian

This is a query specifically for Venue owners.
I am about to get Venue booked in couple of days. My running is almost 1000 plus kilometers every month. Since there isn't much difference between petrol and diesel top manual versions, I am really confused between the two.
Can the owners please specify the fuel efficiency of both. What is real life fuel efficiency. Since vehicle will spend most of it's running in heavy hills, fuel efficiency will really matter a lot.
Old 17th November 2019, 19:53   #102
KMT
BHPian

I am getting 15 for Petrol Turbo. A friend is getting around 20 in the Diesel.
KMT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:56   #103
BHPian

Iam getting the milage figures of around 10 in Petrol DCT in City traffic. My car mostly runs the short distances but whenever I have driven it in a longer route I get the mileage of around 13
Old 27th November 2019, 20:38   #104

Probably the first review for Venue S 1.2 Petrol
I haven't got a chance to check the particular variant until the car got delivered, and I preferred for the basic engine (the one used in I 20) as most of the time it is for city commuting and occasionally long drive.

To start with the handling of the vehicle is good, no complaints on suspension, and I drive mostly on bumpy roads, average mileage in the city (Chennai) is 11kms to 13kms, Highway mileage is 15kms to 17kms.

I haven't even done my first service yet, I will write up more detail experience upcoming days
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-s1.2-petrol-.jpg  

vumeshanand is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 21:12   #105
BHPian

Ok guys please help me out. I have been driving 2013 Igen i20, second iteration with dual chamber headlamp.
I have never been satisfied with the suspension. It is noisy, it is too soft and thuds very frequently. On the other hand I have 2014 Hyundai Verna which has a nice stiff suspension and road noise is minimal even after 1.80lakhs.

I am considering DCT venue. Is the suspension good enough to consider? Does it also give thud sound on pot holes? Does it have plush compliant ride? Or should I consider used Verna AT/Creta AT instead as i have a good experience with it?
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks