Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 18:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

First of all, as everyone says every time for every team-bhp review, "Thanks Aditya and CrAzY dRiVeR and the Team for this comprehensive review of the prince ". Looks like mini Creta in many angles, but when parked next to one, it looks tiny. If someone wants the road presence, go for XUV300.

It is obvious from the number of copies it sells each month that how well the target audience has received it. The Venue has everything that an urban young guy in his 20's and 30's needs in his first car. I would have picked the diesel manual if I am in the market for one.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 21:45   #32

Thanks Aditya, CrAzY dRiVeR and the team for such a comprehensive and exhaustive review. As rightly brought out it's a jack of many trades and master of none.

Although it is a well rounded package it still does appeal to my heart as much as EcoSport does.
Old 19th September 2019, 22:01   #33
BHPian

Wonderful review Aditya and CD of the mini Creta aka Venue. Rated the thread a well deserved 5-stars. Regarding the Hyundai Bluelink feature, any indications as to how much the charges would be after the complimentary 3 years period is over? And also how about the security of the system in case your phone is stolen?
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:08   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review. Rated 5*.

I don't know, but i have a very mixed feeling about this car.

The mass market have accepted this car and that's what matters. Another master stroke from Hyundai.

This car looks smaller (though it's not) on road than its direct competitors. People looking for the I20 Active now have a better choice!

Will I buy this car? No, if I am looking for a diesel crossover. Xuv300, Nexon and Ecosport will be my top contenders.
The 1.4L diesel is a time tested engine and people who are looking for a daily commute & not looking for an outright performance can definitely consider it. Its a practical choice.

If petrol, i might consider the 1.0 L turbo charged MT.
Am not a fan of the 1.0 L Ecoboost from Ford, because of it's poor low end. So will be comparing it with the 1.5L Dragon engine of the Ecosport. Look wise i will prefer Ecosport again, plus the Ford will always be more fun to throw around the corners.

I do not even want to comment on the 1.2L petrol engine in the Venue. Its good for the Grand i10 & just acceptable in the I20.

So finally my vote goes to the 1.0L petrol DCT. It seems to be the best in its segment too. An addition of paddle shifters and sports mode would have been the icing on the cake!

Last edited by Samba : 19th September 2019 at 22:17.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:53   #35
BHPian

Great review as norm. Truly unbiased and well documented. Easily a comprehensive buyer's guide

Still, I feel that Team BHP reviews are getting a bit little late and by the time new car enthusiasm is usually shifted to more recent launches (I know it is just 4 months since the car launch). Of course, it's huge effort to not just review but even bigger one to compile to put on a public platform. When content too is unrivalled to any other information medium. This is strictly my personal opinion and I may be wrong but please see if there is any room to bring reviews little sooner.
gupta_chd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 01:31   #36

Must say that only Team-BHP can match the standards setup by themselves. The details and insights delved upon by the team epitomize an ideal style of review writing, be it from any field.

Wish to add some that apart from XUV300, KIA seltos also offer disc brakes at rear (1.5 Diesel only).

As many members have alreay pointed out, Venue seems to be a perfectly balanced car when you take a glimpse of its specifications without delving into details, and that's what a normal millenial would do while buying his first/second car.

IMHO Venue higher models are certainly overpriced specially keeping the fact in mind that it is strictly a 4 seater with compact cabin. KIA Seltos lower Petrol variants (HTK and HTK+) should be a better VFM deal at they offer adequate space for 5 seaters with almost all necessary add-ons.

1.2 Litre petrol engine is the same used in i20 that feels dull and feeble. It must have been installed in Venue to keep the starting price attractive. Turbo petrol and Diesel are actually driveable and have been reviewed in detail already.

Spending a million plus on a Compact SUV/crossover with only 4 seater capacity and hatchback-ish was a big turn-down for me.
ankush5848 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 06:36   #37
BHPian

Test drove a Venue recently. Since I was only interested in automatic, it was a turbo petrol DCT. Liked everything except the power delivery before the turbo kicks in and felt that it would be a pain to drive it in the city, particularly in the start/stop scenarios (e.g. signals). My Amaze CVT petrol with NA engine does a much better job. I would reconsider Venue if the real life experience for the Venue 1.0 Turbo owners is different as I need to buy another automatic soon.

Last edited by amit73 : 20th September 2019 at 06:38.
amit73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 09:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the extensive review Aditya & CD. As always a treat to read through the extensive review

About the car, well I feel its selling this many mostly because of the trust factor people have in hyundai rather than the product quality per say. Infact the fit and finish seems inferior to its own stable-mates like i20 & Creta at some places. Even rear legroom is somewhat lesser than some hatchbacks. Personally I wouldn't want to spend ~14L OTR(bangalore, for SX+ DCT) for this.

If this was from Renault/Nissan/Ford/Tata, I don't think it would have done even half the numbers. Kudos to HYUNDAI for reaching Maruti levels when it comes to being a trust-worthy OEM.

P.S: Hope Maruti wakes up now and gets the Brezza petrol & AT soon. They are loosing out on some good number of prospective customers.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 09:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Interior - Rear

Rear seat is more suitable for 2 adults and a child, rather than 3 adults. While the seatbase is largely flat, the seatbacks have some contours to hold you in place:
Request @mods to add 'shoulder room and few more dimensions' of the car in official reviews.

Following could be added so that everyone can easily compare:
1. rear seat width/length/height
2. minimum/maximum distance between rear doors.
3. distance between roof and rear seat (front seats are normally height adjusting, rear are not)

The above 3 parameters can give exact numbers about car spaciousness.
SahilS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 09:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Hyundai Venue is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 6.50 - 11.11 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Stonker of a review as always Aditya! Just loved it. How do you guys manage to lead life like us normal humans god knows really. It must take super-human abilities to identify little things like the C-pillar black cladding not merging with the rear windshield at same point. That too in just a couple of days with the car! Rated the review 5 stars only because thats the highest possible. Thanks to the whole team.

Overall it looks like Hyundai had more error margins with the Venue. Panel gaps, mis-alignments of panels, cheaper plastics in places is not something we see often from them. Perhaps byproduct of the very competitive pricing they had set in mind.

One question - Are the headlamp bulbs field-replaceable by owners? Their positioning suggests that a blown bulb would mean a visit to a garage to remove the wheel-well cladding or bumper to replace the bulb? Any idea?

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th September 2019 at 09:52.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 10:38   #41
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Bibin Yesudas for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The S variant of the Venue has a different instrument cluster to the one in the SX / SX(O) variants.

Quote:
Hi,

As you may or may not know, I had booked a Venue S DCT and later cancelled it as the SA was not giving me proper date of delivery, even though at least half of the total amount was ready. I booked a Polo GT TSI. I saw in many images that Venue has another instrument cluster in the SX model. I got this image from public group of Hyundai Venue on Facebook.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-yfkrjq3.jpg
Aditya is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 10:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

The US car market has never been about small cars, but the EcoSport and Venue being sold here is a testament to what SUVs mean to people around the world. I'm glad that the EcoSport and the Venue are not made exclusively for the emerging markets.

Some pointers/questions:
1. Cars have become so expensive. Looks like the Venue diesel will be about 13 lakh OTR today. I'm pretty sure the next gen Honda City's top variants with the BS6 diesel are going to touch 21 lakh INR Maybe I should stop saying this because it is irrelevant- my dad bought the Innova 2.5 V in 2007 for 12.5 lakh OTR.
2. That grill is so not my taste, but could have been a lot worse. I don't want to imagine some aftermarket designs.
3. What's up with Hyundai India's quality control? So many part failures on the new Verna and issues with the Venue too.
4. Is there actually no speed warning chime/beep at 80 & 120 kmph?
5. Hyundai & Kia are serious about the Indian market. Looks like they are the only non-Chinese manufacturer who can challenge Toyota-Suzuki partnership. With the Ioniq and Kona, Hyundai has shown the world that its competency EVs and Hybrids.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 20th September 2019 at 11:01.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 14:06   #43

Venue will continue to serve well to Nuclear families and those looking for secondary car for daily commuting. But many of us (including myself) prefer a mid size car that serves as a ideal horse for daily commutes and weekend joyrides with a family of 4-5 people. Seems like Hyundai had carried out thorough demographic studies prior to launching Venue.
Old 20th September 2019, 14:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good detailed review as always.

I thought the driver seat was quite small when it comes to back support, and in many videos, average height reviewers can be seen jutting out of the seat. Bit surprised to see that reviewers find the seat supporting enough.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 14:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The S variant of the Venue has a different instrument cluster to the one in the SX / SX(O) variants.
Attachment 1916427
I guess the console pictured is E/S variant of the 1.2 NA petrol.

Coz when I checked the venue I had clicked the interiors of S DCT variant

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20190920_145052.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 20th September 2019 at 15:07.
Karthik Chandra is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed