Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 14:58   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

I have booked 1 ltr Turbo DCT today and will take the delivery on Sunday.
As there are no discounts on this car, just managed to get 40% discount on insurance.
Will update on the buying experience
uneet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 15:20   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
I have booked 1 ltr Turbo DCT today and will take the delivery on Sunday.
As there are no discounts on this car, just managed to get 40% discount on insurance.
Will update on the buying experience
Congratulations on the new acquisition! Best wishes to you. You are getting a car in 2 days from booking? What happened to the well advertised waiting periods on the Venue. Also - you getting it in 2 days (including weekend) with registration done? Here in my part of the world it takes at least 2-3 working days to get done.
Old 27th September 2019, 15:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition! Best wishes to you. You are getting a car in 2 days from booking? What happened to the well advertised waiting periods on the Venue. Also - you getting it in 2 days (including weekend) with registration done? Here in my part of the world it takes at least 2-3 working days to get done.
Hello,

I made the advance booking 4 days back and the car was ready with them.
Was holding the delivery for a week due to navratras.
Paid them in full today and the registration and insurance process will be done within tomorrow for the delivery at 9 AM on Sunday as the dealer is expecting very heavy rush for deliveries.

P.S -- I have taken the extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year at a reasonable price of Rs 12343/- for upto 1 Lakh km
uneet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 10:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
I made the advance booking 4 days back and the car was ready with them.
Congratulations, can you share what other cars you considered and how does DCT behave in real-world conditions? A colleague of mine is looking to buy one and with which dealer have you booked? How much is On-Road Delhi/ Gurgaon that you are paying?
Old 28th September 2019, 12:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congratulations, can you share what other cars you considered and how does DCT behave in real-world conditions? A colleague of mine is looking to buy one and with which dealer have you booked? How much is On-Road Delhi/ Gurgaon that you are paying?
Hi Turbanator,
Good to hear from you as I have been following many of your posts.

I needed a compact petrol automatic SUV for my wife due to worsening traffic conditions in Delhi.

As she is already driving EcoSport Diesel Manual we did not considered its petrol automatic version.

Nexon was never in my list mainly due its brand value.

Brezza being an old model and does not have petrol automatic was a deal breaker.

XUV 300 again does not have petrol autos. I drove its Diesel AMT, even though the engine was good but the gear shift had a large pause which was again a deal breaker for me.

Seltos -- I wanted to go for Seltos but thoughts its still relatively new so would wait for some time to settle in.

Creta -- I think its time is over now. Although was getting a discount of 1 Lakh.

I really loved the DCT version as it was butterfly smooth. I am also driving the 5 series and Crysta automatic and would rate the gear changes ratio better than Crysta.

Regarding On road Price -- After some hard negotiation I booked Petrol SX DCT with Zero Dep Insurance for 1278800/- and paid extra 12343/- for extended warranty till 5th year
All other dealers (capital Hyundai) were in the range of 12.95 plus extended warranty or above.

On the whole I still feel that the car is overpriced due to its small size but still picked this as it was ticking all boxes for me.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Typos
uneet is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2019, 12:59   #66
BANNED

Brezza beats Venue to reclaim its throne position as the top selling CSUV!

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-compactsuv.jpg
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has ensured that it is not going to allow Venue to easily take the best selling Compact SUV throne. While Maruti has aggressively promoted Brezza is Aug-Sep’19 by launching a scheme wherein the company was offering free warranty for a period of five years or 1 lakh km to its customers across the country. Maruti is also working on the next-gen Brezza which shall sport a petrol engine.
Source: Auto Punditz
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 22:37   #67
BHPian

My parents are in the market for a compact SUV to replace our trusted Polo. We tried out different vehicles last week and they are satisfied with the Venue. Most likely, they will be placing the order in the coming week or so.

They are opting for SX# DCT and yet to decide the exterior color. We tried contacting several dealerships south TN to see if anyone has Deep Forest in stock so that we can visually look at the vehicle before placing the order but didnt have any luck so far.

Dealership whom we are talking to is committing to deliver any order by 20 days from the day of booking. I hope they honor their word so that i can drive the vehicle when i visit my parents by end of Nov.
Old 8th October 2019, 22:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Is there any self drive service which has Venue DCT for hire? I remember someone hiring a Venue DCT for self drive, but can’t find any service with this car in Pune.
Old 8th October 2019, 23:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any self drive service which has Venue DCT for hire? I remember someone hiring a Venue DCT for self drive, but can’t find any service with this car in Pune.
i think the Venue AT is available from revv in Bangalore. It's not showing up in other cities.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 09:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Top-spec Hyundai Venue to get dual-tone option

According to a media report, the top variants of the Hyundai Venue are likely to be offered with dual-tone colour options.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-venue-dual-tone.jpg

At present, dual-tone exterior options are only available on the SX variant with either the 1.0-litre petrol or the 1.4-litre diesel engine. Reports suggest that top variants equipped with either of these engines are expected to be available with a dual-tone exterior. These include the SX(O) and SX+ trims.

The Venue is available with three engine options - a 998cc turbocharged petrol engine, which makes 118 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 172 Nm of torque @ 2,500-4,000 rpm and comes paired with a 6-speed manual or 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 115 Nm @ 4,000 rpm paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 1.4-litre diesel unit that puts out 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 220 Nm of torque @ 1,500-2,750 rpm mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 10:34   #71
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Top-spec Hyundai Venue to get dual-tone option

This is not a rumour and is actually already available. We went to check the Venue for a friend last month and these dual tone options were already available in the stock and the brochure too. Also it is available only in 3 combinations - Blue with white roof, white with black roof and orange with black roof. Grey, Silver and red don't get the dual tone options as of now atleast
Old 9th October 2019, 10:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Top-spec Hyundai Venue to get dual-tone option

Ideally they should offer DCT in top spec. That should be a welcome news.

Missing basic feature like rear wash-wipe in a 13L(blr OTR) car is criminal

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th October 2019 at 10:53.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 12:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
i think the Venue AT is available from revv in Bangalore. It's not showing up in other cities.

Damn. I was hoping to ride it for a day to evaluate it properly for purchase.
Old 9th October 2019, 23:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the Nios today, and the back seat space is as much as that found on Venue. I didn't find Venue that spacious, neither does it have the presence. It has very good design, but no presence at all.
The interiors looks and feels amazing though.
Old 13th October 2019, 10:30   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
For folks who have Revv in their cities - I tried the Hyundai subscription from Revv (got an almost brand new Venue) for a month before I decided. Driving the car during regular commutes, in different traffic conditions and on long highway drives is what convinced us to go with it. In fact the experience helped convince my better half and the kid, that this was the car we wanted. Also we were in a hurry to get a car and the subscription helped bridge the gap during the booking period. Got the delivery the day the subscription ended.
dalitoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks