Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 22:15   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Have you tried pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for a few seconds on your key fob? The indicator lights will flash then.

That should put the lock unlock sound to mute.

Regards
Nikhil
Unfortunately doesn't work on the Venue!
KaranP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 02:36   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Didn't work on my Creta either. Supremely irritating
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 12:21   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guess, one of the best lock/unlock alerts were of the 1st gen Creta (2015); a mild beep. That’s all. I wish Hyundai had incorporated the same in all their cars instead of these irritating horn tones. But by far the worst I feel is that of the Venue.
Hope our technically sound BHPians come up with some solution; would be really helpful.
Old 31st December 2019, 12:37   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Guess, one of the best lock/unlock alerts were of the 1st gen Creta (2015); a mild beep. That’s all. I wish Hyundai had incorporated the same in all their cars instead of these irritating horn tones. But by far the worst I feel is that of the Venue.
Hope our technically sound BHPians come up with some solution; would be really helpful.
Does the car use auxiliary horn or the main one? If it's the auxiliary horn, try this. Not sure if this will work or is advisable (leaving the connection exposed to the foreign elements. Maybe you can cover it up using an electrical tape).

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 12:43   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Does the car use auxiliary horn or the main one? If it's the auxiliary horn, try this.
Hi Naveen, unless I am mistaken Hyundai has done away with the auxiliary horn/hooter/beeper , and linked it directly with the main horn.

Frankly, on one hand they are doing Swachh Bharat (and providing free dustbin cans), and on the other hand they are directly creating noise pollution by firstly, doing away with the softer beeper coupled with the fact that you cannot even modify the unlock sound through system settings or through a hack.

My workaround is to use the key while unlocking the door and locking it from the door lock switch and then closing he main door. The latter quietly activates the central locking.

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st December 2019 at 12:44.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 16:57   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déesse View Post
Hi Vivek,

I own a Venue diesel base model E and I'm facing the same issue. The Trip A resets to zero every morning. I live in Madurai and the Susee Hyundai workshop at Madurai hasn't give me a satisfactory answer yet. I went through the same procedure of taking photos of the instrument cluster in the night as well as the next morning.

As said earlier, Trip A resets to 0 if the vehicle is idle for 4 hours. It is not an issue, that's how Venue is designed.

Update on my issue, for a change I drove by having instant mileage displayed in instrument cluster, since then I didn't face any issue. I am not sure if that's the solution, I tried with different permutation and combination, this worked for me. (At least for now)

As back to back posts are not entertained, I will use this post to tell about my first long drive experience which I went with my family.

Total KMs - 1692
Chennai - Pudukottai - Rameswaram - Danushkodi - kanyakumari - Nagercoil - Chennai

Mileage - 17.5 (real time - RT)
I wanted to test mileage of the car, so first 100 KM of my journey, I drove around 80 KMPH, and I was able to get a mileage of 20.8 (Instrument Cluster - IC). For around 3 KM I drove with the cruise control set at 60 KMPH, I got a mileage of whopping 32 (IC). Post which I drove in a sedate manner around 85 got an overall mileage of 19.5 (IC) 18.1 (RT). From Rameswaram to Kanyakumari, there were quite a few steep roads and even though IC showed me 19.1, I was able to get a mileage of 17.1 (RT). Return trip from Nagercoil to Chennai, I maintained a speed of 90 - 100 and I was able to get a mileage of 18.5 (IC) 17.3 real time. So average mileage throughout this trip was 17.5. I am very happy with the mileage. Having said that, I was able to achieve this mileage with a sedate driving. However, if you let the engine to sweat a lot, be prepared for low numbers.

Cruise Control
This is my first car with this feature and I can now say, I will not be able to live without it, such an useful feature in a car. Downside of CC, there will be a significant drop in mileage if you use CC in steep lane.

Sharing some tips which I learned on how to get the maximum mileage, don't floor the pedal too often, change gears in the right RPM (I will change around 1900 - 2000), don't drive the car with half clutch.

Performance - I had doubts on how a 1.0 L engine would be able to pull 4 adults and 1 child with boot fully loaded. But to my surprise, Venue performed really well without much issues, till 1700 RPM it does suffer to pull, but post that it comes alive big time. I was able to overtake without a down shift.

Some pictures which I took in the trip, as this is a review thread I am not sure if other photos are allowed, so I limit myself with only 3 pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-20191226_011310145_ios.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-20191226_121342481_ios.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-20191226_011208042_ios.jpg  

Last edited by vvivek85 : 31st December 2019 at 17:14.
vvivek85 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 21:03   #142
BHPian

Hello, has anyone tried fitting the Creta dual tone horn to their Venue? The single tone horn in Venue is quite meek; I guess adding the low tone horn of Creta will sound really good. Just wanted to know if anyone has done that or if its feasible to do so.
Old 9th January 2020, 14:38   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
No it wont.

My friend got the 1.0 S DCT model which didn't have the touchscreen. So he got a Blaupunkt 9" system from dealer itself and as per him the warranty stays intact.

Attachment 1949922
Looks really promising and that is what i am actually looking for. I am a bit apprehensive though about the fact if i buy such an ICE for my Venue will there be any good and efficient workmen who can sync the screen controls correctly with the car's Physical controls and switches. I don't want to just buy such a system and then left high and dry by people who actually are not sure about the fitment and other things. If its not that hard to fit in then i surely will like to buy such a product else it will be a waste due to poor workmanship.
Old 12th January 2020, 13:10   #144
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPIans,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post .

I got delivery of my Venue (Forest Green - SX+ DCT) last year in August. It is my first personal car and it has been am wonderful experience so far.

Some time back when I was driving on a particularly hot day in Delhi my fellow passenger complained about AC blowing hot air from vent. I was a little confused as it was working fine for me, so I checked the passenger AC vent (left-most) and it was infact blowing out warm air. Next day I took my car to showroom and showed them the issue. They cleaned the AC air filter and asked me to check again. It was working fine and I took my car back.

But when I reached home and checked, again the I noticed warm air blowing out from the AC vent. I noticed that between temperatures of 24-26 the passenger AC vent blows warm air while other AC vents work fine. At lower temperatures, passenger AC vent blows cold air but it would still be warmer as compared to other AC vents. Also, recently I had a chance of being on passenger seat of my friend's car (Venue) and noticed the same thing in his car as well.

So my question is that, is this issue common in all Venue models or is it something quite common for other cars as well? Has anyone else noticed it in their car? (As I said it is my first personal car, so please forgive me for being ill-informed )
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 21:12   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
So my question is that, is this issue common in all Venue models or is it something quite common for other cars as well? Has anyone else noticed it in their car? (As I said it is my first personal car, so please forgive me for being ill-informed )
I too noticed similar issue in my friend's Venue. Not sure if it was one of a kind, but I observed the cabin not chilling in spite of it being set at 23 C in the early morning. Well, I cant recollect if the left vent in particular was blowing warm air, but for sure it didn't look like the temperature at 23 C.
Old 16th January 2020, 21:30   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So my question is that, is this issue common in all Venue models or is it something quite common for other cars as well?
In cars without multizone climate control options, you get air of the same temperature from all the vents. It's certainly worth following up on with your dealer.
Old 20th January 2020, 12:40   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow BHPIans,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post .

I got delivery of my Venue (Forest Green - SX+ DCT) last year in August. It is my first personal ........as anyone else noticed it in their car? (As I said it is my first personal car, so please forgive me for being ill-informed )
One thing I have noticed in Venue is that when the AC is in off mode, but the air setting is in Fresh air mode, there is flow of air into the cabin. I had not noticed this in other cars.
Also the amount of air flowing from the corner vents when the AC is ON is less as compared to the central vents and that too at a slightly higher temperature.
Old 21st January 2020, 22:45   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally, there should not be any temperature variation in any of the vents. All the vents should vent out air of similar temperature. It definitely calls for a visit to the service centre.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 00:29   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow BHPIans,

Some time back when I was driving on a particularly hot day in Delhi my fellow passenger complained about AC blowing hot air from vent. I was a little confused as it was working fine for me, so I checked the passenger AC vent (left-most) and it was infact blowing out warm air. Next day I took my car to showroom and showed them the issue. They cleaned the AC air filter and asked me to check again. It was working fine and I took my car back.

But when I reached home and checked, again the I noticed warm air blowing out from the AC vent. I noticed that between temperatures of 24-26 the passenger AC vent blows warm air while other AC vents work fine. At lower temperatures, passenger AC vent blows cold air but it would still be warmer as compared to other AC vents. Also, recently I had a chance of being on passenger seat of my friend's car (Venue) and noticed the same thing in his car as well.
I don't own a Hyundai but saw a similar post on the KIA Seltos review thread. Few others have reported the same issue on the thread and no apparent fix as of now.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:56   #150
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing rear wiper in the Venue? I own SX+ DCT which unfortunately doesn't come with any rear wiper. Can it be installed as an accessory by Hyundai?
I am assuming the car has the provisions to install one as it is present for the top model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks