Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 11:09   #151
MSC
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

I am on verge of getting a diesel Venue SX+O. Just waiting for the BS-6 version to get launched.
I have 2 queries for owners.
1. In the official review thread for Seltos, someone has mentioned that rear AC vents throwing slightly warmer air on temperature setting of around 22 degrees. This improves on reducing the temperature to 18 or 20 degrees. Is the similar thing present in Venue rear AC vents as well?
2. Do owners have any information regarding the charges for Blue Link after the expiry of duration of three years?
Old 1st February 2020, 21:15   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisshith View Post
Can it be installed as an accessory by Hyundai?
I doubt this can be done, as it will involve glass cutting to accommodate the wiper mechanism. The top models should be probably having a different rear glass along with the provision for the wiper mechanism.
Also, the chances are high that the service centre might void your warranty. I tried to add the low tone horn (one from the Creta) at the service centre itself, and they mentioned that this might void my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
1. In the official review thread for Seltos, someone has mentioned that rear AC vents throwing slightly warmer air on temperature setting of around 22 degrees. This improves on reducing the temperature to 18 or 20 degrees. Is the similar thing present in Venue rear AC vents as well?
Not only the rear vents, even the front vents in the Venue don’t throw cold air at 23 degrees. Only when you drop it below 22 or say 21 degrees, there is a flow of cold air. I tried to get this checked during the first service, but according to them that’s normal & everything is fine in the AC system. They just cleaned the AC filter; but that hasn’t solved the problem yet.
Old 2nd February 2020, 19:18   #153
BHPian

My emergency contact numbers saved through the bluelink app have been getting panic notifications without any particular reason. The following sms is sent to them
"Attention! Venue has signalled Panic notification at 20:10 hrs.
You are receiving this message as the car owner has opted to send emergency notification to you.
For further assistance, please contact 1-800-258-4645 - Hyundai Bluelink Service Desk."
This has happened twice, both occasions when the car was parked and the keys safely inside drawers.

I called up the call center and spoke with the executive. He had no clue how the panic message originated. Bigger problem is that he had no idea whether the sms originated from my Venue or some other venue. Ideally the SMS should have mentioned the car number or the owners name.
a_myth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 20:37   #154
BHPian

Might be some testing done accidentally on prod instead of staging and yours got caught into it? Happens all the time in notification tests for various services where someone points at the wrong server and real users get confused.
Driving80kph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:03   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
As said earlier, Trip A resets to 0 if the vehicle is idle for 4 hours. It is not an issue, that's how Venue is designed.

Update on my issue, for a change I drove by having instant mileage displayed in instrument cluster, since then I didn't face any issue. I am not sure if that's the solution, I tried with different permutation and combination, this worked for me. (At least for now)
Update - The issue still persists, last week I was asked to bring my car to Kun Ambattur, Veera who is from the training team said it is normal in this car and it seems Hyundai confirmed the same. But, as I persisted to check BCM and other technical stuff, he connected the tab and checked on all possible things and said everything is fine. They checked the battery which seems to be fine as well.

As they said everything was fine, I questioned, why it is not happening every day, they didn't have an answer to it. That's when Veera checked with me if there are any telephone junction box or electricity box near my house, there is a telephone junction box near my house where I park my car. Veera said that could be one of the reasons for this reset due to frequency clash. I am not sure how far it's true, experts please throw some light.

Full marks to Kun Hyundai for trying their level best to solve the issue, the Service manager even provided me a car wash. I am not sure if I need to live with the issue for years to come. Venue owners, are you also facing the same issue?
Old 15th February 2020, 13:25   #156
BHPian

I am in the market for a Sub 4m Crossover and was tilting towards Ecosport 1.5D until I heard about Venue coming up with 1.5L diesel engine from Seltos.

Finally, I received the pricelist from Trident-Hyundai yesterday. Pricing is as expected and in-line with both Ecosport and Nexon diesel variants. Compared to BS4 1.4D, ex-showroom price is ~50k higher.

I heard there are no changes to the feature list except the engine upgrade. What do you all think? With 1.5L Diesel, does Venue score over its competitors?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai-venue-bs4-pricelist.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai-venue-bs6diesel-pricelist.jpeg  

kkstile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 15:06   #157
KMT
BHPian

Just a note on real world fuel consumption based on MID.
The Venue is the 1 ltr petrol Manual model.
In rural areas it is giving 15, on the highway from Coorg to Bangalore it dropped to 13.5, now in Bangalore B2B traffic it is giving 11.5.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 11:45   #158
BHPian

A very close friend of mine bought a Venue SX(O) 1.0 Ltr Manual 6 months back. To be honest, I was not very enthused by his purchase. I was hoping he would go in for something more sensible like a Honda City V MT or even an Ecosport. Fast forward, few days back - that mental block has been put to rest. It was my first time driving a manual turbo petrol. Man, the thing goes!. It's hard to not want to drive like a hooligan. The engine sounds a bit gruff but loved the power delivery and response of the motor. I found the drivers seat comfortable. The bells and whistles (escpecially the sun roof) are nice to have. I still don't like the way the car looks. While it looks small from the outside, inside rear space etc is fine. I think realistically the only dimension I found it lacking was cabin width. Hitting your co-passenger while changing gears is annoying. Interesting little package the Venue is, i must admit.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 17:10   #159
MSC
BHPian

Just saw the Banglore price of BS6 Venue. Here is the price list from Himachal Pradesh. The price difference in BS6 Venue SX-O Diesel is almost 1.7 lakhs.
It simply shows how we are milked by governments for taxes.
Anyways, just got BS-6 Venue Diesel 1.5 manual variant booked today. Dealer has promised delivery in 20-25 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img20200216wa00022.jpeg  

Old 17th February 2020, 12:59   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
A very negative feedback has come in for the DCT's !! Apparently there are heating issues with it, in bumper to bumper traffic !!
A friend of mine who has a Hyundai Venue is facing this issue. Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? He is handing over his venue to the service station to diagnose and fix this problem today.

He says the temperature high indicator goes off whenever he is driving in bumper to bumper traffic for more than 15 mins or is driving the venue uphill on a sunny day.

Last edited by akunchala : 17th February 2020 at 13:01.
Old 17th February 2020, 13:55   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post
I am in the market for a Sub 4m Crossover and was tilting towards Ecosport 1.5D until I heard about Venue coming up with 1.5L diesel engine from Seltos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Just saw the Banglore price of BS6 Venue. Here is the price list from Himachal Pradesh. The price difference in BS6 Venue SX-O Diesel is almost 1.7 lakhs.
It simply shows how we are milked by governments for taxes.
Anyways, just got BS-6 Venue Diesel 1.5 manual variant booked today. Dealer has promised delivery in 20-25 days.
Seems like even Hyundai dealers are charging the handling charges despite the court ruling against it, did you guys ask them to waiver off the handling charges, if asked what is the response?

Wonder how most of the manufacturers get away on the forum without much criticism for these kind of issues while Tata is heavily scrutinized and criticized for the same.

Last edited by wheelguy : 17th February 2020 at 14:01.
Old 17th February 2020, 13:58   #162
Senior - BHPian

If the DCT is heating up in February, it's going to be very problematic in the coming summer !!

Apparently, one has to apply FULL brakes or slot into P or N to prevent the heating of the DCT
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 14:25   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue BS6 to get more features

The Venue will borrow the Seltos’ BS6-compliant, 1.5-litre diesel but in a lower state of tune as it won’t have a variable geometry turbo.

Quote:
the Venue BS6’s 1.5-litre diesel engine – and the 6-speed manual gearbox it comes paired with – is borrowed from the Kia Seltos.

The engine in the Venue will get a fixed geometry turbo, which means that outputs will be lower – expect it to match the 1.4-litre unit’s 90hp and 220Nm of torque.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th February 2020 at 14:27.
Old 17th February 2020, 16:31   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Seems like even Hyundai dealers are charging the handling charges despite the court ruling against it, did you guys ask them to waiver off the handling charges, if asked what is the response?

Wonder how most of the manufacturers get away on the forum without much criticism for these kind of issues while Tata is heavily scrutinized and criticized for the same.
Thank you for noticing! Will surely get it clarified if I decide to go with Venue.
kkstile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 16:45   #165
BANNED

All the changes explained in a single snap:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundaivenue1.5lenginediesel1280x720.jpg

wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks