Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2020, 10:00   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Brezza always had an upper hand over Venue, including auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, rear wash and wipe, auto dimming IRVM, request sensors for keyless entry on both the front doors, all these are lacking on the Venue DCT SX+

A small correction required here. The Venue DCT SX+ comes with auto headlamps.
Old 3rd March 2020, 16:30   #197
MSC
BHPian

Just received this image via WhatsApp.
While all other stuff is usual and what was expected from Venue BS6 CRDI, I was rather surprised to see that it uses OBD-1 port. (Point number 4)
I am not much aware of the OBD ports but isn't OBD-2 the latest version which is being used these days? OBD-1 seems outdated in present day scenario.
Does it makes much difference in real life?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-hyundai0.jpg  

MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 15:43   #198
BHPian

Good Evening everyone, I drive a 2010 old gen petrol i20. Recently I am planning to upgrade and test drove the 1.0 turbo manual venue.
However I found the engine very coarse with a lot of vibrations felt on the gear lever and lot of engine clutter creeping in even at low rpms.
Before I drove the 1.0 turbo, the sales advisor mistakenly brought the diesel 1.5 venue which I drove for a short distance.
The engine clutter and vibrations were next to nil in the diesel while they were very well felt in cabin in the petrol. The diesel felt very refined which confused both me and the sales advisor If it was the petrol one while it was exactly opposite in the turbo petrol.
Has anyone else felt the same about the NVH in the 1.0 turbo petrol?
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 20:33   #199
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video. Interesting perspective. Starts at around US$ 16.5k in USA:

Hyundai USA website - https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/veh.../compare-specs

Last edited by blackwasp : 13th March 2020 at 20:35.
Old 14th March 2020, 14:31   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Before I drove the 1.0 turbo, the sales advisor mistakenly brought the diesel 1.5 venue which I drove for a short distance.
The engine clutter and vibrations were next to nil in the diesel while they were very well felt in cabin in the petrol. The diesel felt very refined which confused both me and the sales advisor If it was the petrol one while it was exactly opposite in the turbo petrol.
Has anyone else felt the same about the NVH in the 1.0 turbo petrol?
Yes, there is slight coarseness and vibrations in the 1 litre turbo petrol motor. This is primarily due to it being a 3 cylinder motor. This is generally the inherent nature of 1 litre turbo petrols. Similar case was also seen in the Ecosport ‘Ecoboost’ engine. Having said that, it ain’t a deal breaker of any sort as the over NVH containment in Hyundai cars is very good. Once you roll up the windows & get moving, it doesn’t bother you much. Overall it’s a fantastic motor, more so coupled with that sweet DCT.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 15:08   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
I got my SX plus DCT BS6 venue delivered, but its MID is not showing the transmission temperature screen when I use the button on the steering to browse info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
If there are any BS6 DCT owners in the group, can you please help me. My Venue BS6 SX+ DCT Multi-Information Display (MID) in speedometer console does not show the transmission temperature gauge.

The showroom advisor says it is not available in BS6 MID, only BS4 used to have this transmission temperature screen.
Hyundai had released a video showing the transmission temperature gauge warnings and driving patterns to follow to mitigate any heating issues.

Not trying to give you guys advice but you can follow it at your own discretion.

Note: I don't think I heard anything about removing the temp gauge in the BS6 variant. Besides the video seems to be released just yesterday.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th October 2020 at 09:58. Reason: i = I. Please capitalize where necessary.
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 15:32   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hyundai had released a video showing the transmission temperature gauge warnings and driving patterns to follow to mitigate any heating issues....

Not trying to give you guys advice but you can follow it at your own discretion.

Note: i don't think I heard anything about removing the temp gauge in the BS6 variant. Besides the video seems to be released just yesterday.
The video says not to ride brake pedal. Either full brake or none. How can one drive in our typical b-to-b crawl? It will be abrupt jerky drive. If you full brake suddenly, the guy behind you would hit you. If you don't, you would hit the guy in front of you. Also, it says to avoid crawl. It means let the car in front pull ahead, wait for sometime, let some more space build up and then release brake and move. In such a case, the guy behind you would make your life living hell by honking away to glory if you don't move immediately because on our roads every inch of space has to be filled.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th March 2020 at 15:58. Reason: Removed video URL within quotes.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 16:05   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The video says not to ride brake pedal. Either full brake or none. How can one drive in our typical b-to-b crawl?
Unfortunately, what you have said below is the only way I know too. Sorry, I have no experience with DCT transmissions.

Quote:
It means let the car in front pull ahead, wait for sometime, let some more space build up and then release brake and move
Old 17th March 2020, 13:20   #204
BHPian

Quote:
The video says not to ride brake pedal. Either full brake or none. How can one drive in our typical b-to-b crawl?...
I normally slot it to manual during peak traffic. I read somewhere that it creates less stress on the gearbox. Not sure if that is actually true, but I have observed that Venue is very eager to shift in 2nd gear at low speeds. So I guess it helps a little bit by keeping the gear constant.
I can't imagine the situation during the peak traffic of congested cities (like Bangalore). I would not suggest anyone buy DCT for those cities, a good TC gearbox would be a better choice for those conditions.
Old 18th March 2020, 00:30   #205
BANNED

Hey Aditya, brilliant review!

Just wondering if (and when) will the review for the 1.5 diesel be out?
Old 18th March 2020, 03:31   #206
BHPian

So finally after shopping around and test driving the Tata Altroz, Ford Figo, Hyundai i20 and the Venue I finally decided to buy the Venue 1 litre Turbo S variant (BS 6).

I felt the Tata Altroz and Ford Figo to be underpowered compared to the Hyundai i20 and so the i20 or the Aura was my original choice until my wife and child came along with me to the showroom and saw the Venue. They decided that was the car they wanted and so be it.

Paid the amount for the car at Trident Hyundai today and the total cost inclusive of a Rs. 19,950 discount worked out to be Rs. 10,15,535 (including 4th year warranty). Add to that another 65K for accessories.

Hopefully the Hyundai service is much better than the experience with their sales team though.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 15:49   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Came across this video. Interesting perspective. Starts at around US$ 16.5k in USA:

"Cheap transportation" at not so (relatively) cheap cost in India. How did this car manage to sell so much?

Either lot have starting earning bit too much than they can spend or Indians are made to believe, success comes with buying cars for its price tag/shape than smartly decline based on its actual worth.

Presently in the market to upgrade my small hatchback and thought this looked like a decent car. That was the only thing it had going for itself. Nothing but a dressed up hatch on high heels, crying to run.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 16:21   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Hyundai had released a video showing the transmission temperature gauge warnings and driving patterns to follow to mitigate any heating issues.Not trying to give you guys advice but you can follow it at your own discretion.
In Bumper to Bumper traffic if you give adequate space between the vehicle in front some one else is going to squeeze into that space. So the saga of VW/Skoda DSG has ended and Hyundai/Kia DCT has started and remains to be seen for how long; before Hyundai/Kia are loaded with DCT transmission issues. I've been driving a CVT for three years now and in B to B traffic. haven't had issues either in the urban or the ghat sections. The video gives instructions which can't be followed in Indian conditions, just imagine getting stuck in a grid lock and the transmission seizes! Bangloreans beware!!
Old 18th March 2020, 16:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
"Cheap transportation" at not so (relatively) cheap cost in India. How did this car manage to sell so much?

Either lot have starting earning bit too much than they can spend or Indians are made to believe, success comes with buying cars for its price tag/shape than smartly decline based on its actual worth.

Presently in the market to upgrade my small hatchback and thought this looked like a decent car. That was the only thing it had going for itself. Nothing but a dressed up hatch on high heels, crying to run.
Ref in bold. Keeping up with Joneses syndrome, is all. It beats me, too. Very often I see guys around here going ahead and splurging it on a car which is not just ridiculously overpriced but is actually beyond his budget. Why they make this stretch is beyond me. Well, it may be necessary to be seen in a latest model car and look successful for people running certain businesses but I see even some salaried folks indulging in it, which really beats me.

There is this guy in my town. He is in a public sector job. He's been lucky in that he has inherited some rent-generating properties. He has this insatiable hunger for new cars and tries his best to be among the first 3 guys in town to own a new-arrival. He would trade in his perfectly fine 1 year old car for this and would incur loss. Then he would show off his new ride by making house calls on every friend/relative of his in his new ride and narrating what all strings he had to pull to be first/second in town to buy this model. Even distant relatives whom he seldom otherwise visits. One of his distant relative whom I know told me whenever they get a call about this guy's visit, they know for sure it has to be about a new car he just bought. We Indians have come to associate cars with success and car makers have realized this very well and are capitalizing on it. Car prices, especially of successful models, seem to be scaling new heights every quarter. As long as we keep patronizing, they would keep milking us.
Old 18th March 2020, 18:03   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Just received this image via WhatsApp.
While all other stuff is usual and what was expected from Venue BS6 CRDI, I was rather surprised to see that it uses OBD-1 port. (Point number 4)
I am not much aware of the OBD ports but isn't OBD-2 the latest version which is being used these days? OBD-1 seems outdated in present day scenario.
This is something I have been wondering since quite a while too. Not just the Venue, the BSVI Honda City/WR-V and multiple recent cars have "OBD-1" mentioned in the ARAI/similar approval certificates. At first I thought it was usual government goof-up with outdated systems printing old single value field data. But then I checked & older cars like the Nexon BSIV and even other BSIV 1.3 MJD equipped cars have OBD-2 printed on these certificates. So it seems authentic information on the ARAI letter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Does it makes much difference in real life?
For a user - pretty much no difference. Generally OBD-1 is more about emissions sensing & diagnostic. OBD2 gives better integration, transfer protocols error code reporting etc. Perhaps some remote dongles for OBD data capture might not work too cool with an OBD-1 port. Not sure though. Just thinking out loud.

Here's some publicly available information - LINK : OBD1 vs OBD2

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th March 2020 at 18:06.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks