Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2020, 08:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

There is a query for Venue DCT owners, in the metro cities, regarding the transmission overheating issue. Has anyone experienced it? My sister in Gurgaon is market for an automatic, but she he has to pass through crowded roads daily, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours just to cover 5km. What do you suggest? Should she go with the dct Venue or go with the old trusted torque converter Brezza. Amt is ruled out, so is the imt.
Old 23rd August 2020, 09:19   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wanderer01 View Post
have you tried unlocking the car and then have the lock and unlock button pressed together for around 8-10 seconds? It worked on the Venue, don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Nios.
Hi lone_wanderer, did you manage to silence the lock-unlock sound of the Venue? Because numerous reports on this forum suggest that there is no way one can disable the locking beep. If you did, than that’s quite an achievement!
I shall too check this on my friend’s car, and confirm. That beep is really annoying to say the least.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd August 2020 at 19:15. Reason: SMS language : Coz - Because
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:27   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
My sister in Gurgaon is market for an automatic, but she he has to pass through crowded roads daily, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours just to cover 5km.
That is a truly obscene statistic. Suggest avoid the DCT with it's known issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
That beep is really annoying to say the least.
I could not on my 2018 Creta. Had to resort to key-based opening in my very quiet gated community. However, you can lock quietly by pushing the driver door lock button and closing the door. Locks all other doors too but ensure you have the key in your pocket first!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd August 2020 at 15:09. Reason: typo as requested
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:11   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I could not on my 2018 Creta. Had to resort to key-based opening in my very quiet gates community. However, you can lock quietly by pushing the driver door lock button and closing the door. Locks all other doors too but ensure you have the key in your pocket first!
Yes, that's exactly why I am curious how lone-wanderer managed to get it done. Me and my friend have tried all the possible ways to get rid of that beep, but failed! Having said that, the procedure recommended by you defeats the whole purpose of keyless entry-exit. It takes you back to the Maruti 800 days.

Thankfully, they have a feature to deactivate this in the New Creta; and I hope they continue the same in their future products as well.
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:26   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly why I am curious how lone-wanderer managed to get it done. Me and my friend have tried all the possible ways to get rid of that beep, but failed!
Hi Ashvek, I can confirm that the 8-10 seconds holding of the lock and unlock button together to disable the lock and unlock sound works only on the BS6 Venue. I have myself disabled the sound in my Venue. In BS4, this procedure does not work. There are a lot of youtube videos on the same as well. As with everyone else, I too hate that sound, hence have disabled it. Some BS4 Venue owners have simply removed the connection to the buzzer, but the negative side of this is even the burglar alarm gets disabled by this.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 15:02   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
There is a query for Venue DCT owners, in the metro cities, regarding the transmission overheating issue. Has anyone experienced it? My sister in Gurgaon is market for an automatic, but she he has to pass through crowded roads daily, sometimes it takes 2-3 hours just to cover 5km. What do you suggest? Should she go with the dct Venue or go with the old trusted torque converter Brezza. Amt is ruled out, so is the imt.
Not so far. We've taken our Venue DCT regularly in peak Mumbai traffic. Trick is to shift into neutral as soon as you stop in between.
anilp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 15:37   #292
BHPian

Hyundai Venue(Variants with LED headlamps) has been rated as Top Safety Pick by US based Insurance Institute of Highway Safety(IIHS). It would apply to India made Venue only if the tested vehicle is based on the same platform as the Indian one. Also, the tested vehicle has standard/optional feature of Forward Collision Avoidance Assist technology which is not available in models sold in India. Further, this rating is applicable only to the variants using LED Projector headlamps as the variants with Halogen Projector headlamps had inadequate visibility particularly in corners.

The summary of the rating is as below:
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-iihs-venue-rating-01.jpg

Link - https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle...-door-suv/2020

Last edited by DImPo : 23rd August 2020 at 16:00.
DImPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 17:13   #293

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly why I am curious how lone-wanderer managed to get it done. Me and my friend have tried all the possible ways to get rid of that beep, but failed! Having said that, the procedure recommended by you defeats the whole purpose of keyless entry-exit. It takes you back to the Maruti 800 days.

Thankfully, they have a feature to deactivate this in the New Creta; and I hope they continue the same in their future products as well.
Apologies for the late reply. I forgot to mention that I have a BS6 Venue with a manufacturing date of March 2020. I was told by the sales advisor that the more recent BS4 versions, atleast the ones sold in this calendar year had the option to mute the sound. I can't verify that, but I can vouch for this working on a BS6 variant. Hope you sort it out without any hassle. The other option would be to remove the auxiliary horn, but I'm not quite sure whether that would disable all alarm sounds
lone_wanderer01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 19:07   #294
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Has anyone faced the issue of Headlight fogging in their Venue? This particular issue is seen in my friend's car and has occurred for the very first time.
The intensity is high in the headlights, not much in the turn indicators though.
Any inputs on this would be great!

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_5185.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_5186.jpg
Old 29th August 2020, 20:45   #295
BANNED

Quote:
The intensity is high in the headlights, not much in the turn indicators though.
Was any bulb change tried in the recent days? Or pressure wash done in the engine bay?

If no, check the dust caps (has a rubber ring in it) to ensure moisture and dust stays outside.
Old 29th August 2020, 23:16   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Was any bulb change tried in the recent days? Or pressure wash done in the engine bay?

If no, check the dust caps (has a rubber ring in it) to ensure moisture and dust stays outside.
Nope. No bulb change or any pressure wash in the engine bay.

If I’m not wrong there have been reports about this same issue, not sure if it was on TBHP or I read it on some other auto website on the net. But I faintly remember this being one of the issue with the Venue.
Old 29th August 2020, 23:40   #297
BANNED

Quote:
If I’m not wrong there have been reports about this same issue, not sure if it was on TBHP or I read it on some other auto website on the net. But I faintly remember this being one of the issue with the Venue.
Yes, if no pressure wash or bulb change has been done, it needs to be replaced under warranty.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:46   #298
BHPian

Glad to see the Creta type steering wheel on the updated Venue iMT. Looks premium and differentiates it well from the Nios/Aura. Just wish they add the dual tone horn as well. The single one, though premium sounds a bit rough.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20200830124035.jpg  

Old 30th August 2020, 13:02   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
Glad to see the Creta type steering wheel on the updated Venue iMT.
The new steering is available only on the SX(O) and the SX+DCT as well as their ‘sports’ counterparts where the DCT top variant also gains paddle shifters. Other variants continues with the old design.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2020 at 23:18. Reason: As requested
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 13:34   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebarshiSharma View Post
Glad to see the Creta type steering wheel on the updated Venue iMT. Looks premium and differentiates it well from the Nios/Aura. Just wish they add the dual tone horn as well. The single one, though premium sounds a bit rough.
Doesn't this look a size bigger compared to the earlier one? The earlier one had a perfect size IMHO. Felt really good to hold too.
This D-cut though fits perfectly in the new Creta looked a bit oversize to me in the Venue.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed