Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2021, 18:33   #361
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Seems a new color in Venue, not sure if it is an Indian variant. Checked their website, this color is not updated yet. This is the same color which we had in last gen Creta.

Source - Venue owners page FB
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-fb_img_1612097723410.jpg  

Old 31st January 2021, 18:53   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Seems a new color in Venue, not sure if it is an Indian variant.
Yes, it is the Lava Orange color from the last-gen Creta. The brochure downloaded from the website reflects the availability of new color.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210131_185237.jpg
Old 5th February 2021, 11:56   #363
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue becomes the most selling subcompact SUV in January.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-smartselect_20210205115036_chrome.jpg

Hyundai sold a total of 11,779 units of the Venue SUV last month, as against 6,733 units sold during the same period in 2020.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:06   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Venue becomes the most selling subcompact SUV in January.
People probably go to showroom to check out new i20, look at its prices and quietly buy Venue. I see Venue's sales spurt only since launch of new i20, otherwise it was trailing Sonet in sales.
Old 8th February 2021, 10:36   #365
MSC
BHPian

I just got the ten thousand kilometre service done for my Hyundai Venue 1.5 CRDI. Everything was ok and satisfactory. Besides the usual stuff, the invoice mentions ECU upgrade.
After that upgrade, the fuel efficiency has taken a serious hit and reached 14-15 kmpl from the usual 17-18 kmpl which i used to get earlier. There has been absolutely no change in driving style, or driving location or load on car. Everything is 100% like previous times except the fuel efficiency. Such a low efficiency for a diesel somehow doesn't seems right. I have driven 1500 kilometre after the service and the MID display which was usually above 20 most of times doesn't even crosses 16-17.
I went to service center and they too are clueless and advised to drive and the efficiency should restore to previous levels. More than a ECU upgrade it has been a ECU downgrade. I even asked for the ECU to be downgraded to older version but was told this is not possible.
Please advise how to go ahead. I primarily bought diesel owing to high running. But such dismal efficiency is bugging me down.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_20210208102613__01.jpg  

MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 10:55   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Please advise how to go ahead. I primarily bought diesel owing to high running. But such dismal efficiency is bugging me down.
That's strange. I hope you have checked FE using T2T method as well apart from the MID numbers.

Did the service center provide an explanation what this ECU update was all about? If not then please drop them an email asking for an explanation. Copy the Hyundai customer care in the email.

If you're part of any owners group in WA or FB, then post this experience and see if any other users have a similar experience. Owners going to other service centers might get further information about this update.

The same engine is used in the Seltos as well. I got one update in Dec 2019 during my 2nd service where the FE increased, low end response improved, mid range was slightly dulled with a slight increase in engine noise. Service center mentioned this update was to cope better with BS6/BS4 fuel available in India and avoid DPF clogging.

My 4th service was in Dec 2020 but I haven't heard about any new ECU update available for now.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 11:04   #367
MSC
BHPian

[quote=ashis89;4996179]That's strange. I hope you have checked FE using T2T method as well apart from the MID numbers.[quote]

The efficiency measured is with tank to tank method. The MID display is hopeless and I too don't believe it. It even shows 40+ on inclines. It's useless to belive MID.
The service station is clueless about the upgrade. They just say it has been provided from Hyundai and they don't have any idea.
The customer support is not of much help. They redirect to same service station for further clearance. I plan to drive some more and if it doesn't improves, I really need to write mail. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by MSC : 8th February 2021 at 11:09.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 13:05   #368
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue IMT and Kia Sonet DCT drag race

Old 25th February 2021, 23:56   #369
BHPian

Hi All,

Just booked my Venue DCT Sports today after canceling Tata Nexon booking. The decision was made due to poor response and customer experience from Tata Motors. Hoping for a much faster delivery and smoother experience from Hyundai.

Can anyone tell me the list of accessories required to be installed on Venue DCT SX Sports apart from 7D Mats, Mud Flaps and bumper protectors? Looking forward to some guidance from owners out here and eager to learn about their experience so far!
Old 26th February 2021, 14:50   #370
BHPian

How did I miss this ad? Man, Hyundai did an excellent job with this introduction, I found myself drooling at the video. How on earth have I never seen this before!
DDiSLover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 19:31   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=-Ges...l=HyundaiIndia

How did I miss this ad? Man, Hyundai did an excellent job with this introduction, I found myself drooling at the video. How on earth have I never seen this before!
Probably one of the best unveiling videos for a car I have seen in ages! Now the excitement is bigger for my Venue to be delivered 😬
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:53   #372
BHPian

February SUV Sales Numbers are out! Hyundai Venue drops to third position, just 361 units shy of the second position holder - Maruti Vitara Brezza. Overall, Venue is the 9th best selling car for the month of February'21

Image Credits:

https://gaadiwaadi.com/top-10-most-s...-venue-brezza/

https://gaadiwaadi.com/top-15-most-s...iger-fortuner/
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-suv-sales-feb21.png  

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-car-sales-feb21.png  

Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 18:56   #373
BHPian

Has anybody owned the Venue iMT variant for some time now? Would love a feedback on how it is working and if there are any additional service related costs.

The sales rep also told me that iMT has more FE than manu. Found it hard to believe though.

Also, how do you take that thing in inclines on the variants without the hill hold assist
Old 15th March 2021, 18:14   #374
BHPian

Update: 10,000kms up. Recall done.

10,000 on the odo.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-6.jpg

My Venue SX+ DCT passed the 10,000 kms mark with flying colors earlier this month. It has been a pretty decent journey and I haven't made any visits to the service center apart from normal services and the left door rattle which the dealer wasn't able to fix.

The total service cost has been Rs.3680 out of which around Rs.3000 was for Servo FS engine oil. Replaced the air filter as it was super dirty. The cabin filter was clean though. The other parts are cheaper compared to rivals, especially the oil filter which is around Rs.80 where the one on my Baleno RS used to cost north of Rs.700. Replacement of defective rubber part of fuel pump was also done here. Hyundai had issued a recall for this, a few months back.
No fancy add on charges, no unnecessary additives, polish or any other fancy gismos that usually Service advisor's dump on our head. I headed for service, I came back doing just that. More than happy with this one, perhaps more happy than the Maruti days. Hope this continues well too.

The rest has been fully documented here in my thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5022400

The final bill.
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-bill.jpg

Cheers!
Xaos636 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 12:34   #375
Team-BHP Support

My 76 year old Dad was finding it increasingly difficult to drive his 2003 Hyundai Santro Xing in Bangalore traffic. So the Santro had to go. His new car requirements:

- Automatic transmission
- Has to be a tallboy for ease of entry/exit
- Budget of Rs. 10L to Rs. 12L
- Has to be a Hyundai (because Santro was flawless and troublefree)

After millions of hours of research on the internet to find such a car, we finally zeroed in on:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210328_093935.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210327_163642.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210327_163700.jpg

Booked the S+ DCT variant (Rs. 11.7L on road Bangalore, no discounts, 25k advance, 20 days delivery time) since my Dad is not much into doodads like Sunroof or cruise control. He still prefers to turn around and look back while reversing.

THE GOOD:

- Nice & clean design, especially side and back profile. Look and feel of all black interiors
- Unbelievable cabin insulation. Completely blocks out traffic noise
- 120 BHP + DCT transmision in a tiny car makes for quick progress
- Missing sports mode & paddle shifters not a problem. D mode is good enough for quick overtakes & manual mode can be used for engine braking on slopes.
- Satisfactory ride & handling characteristics
- Steering feel, feedback, weight and sharpness is "good enough" at higher speeds
- Stock 6 speaker audio system is not too bad
- Extra active safety systems like ESC, traction control, hill hold etc in the base automatic model.
- Speed alerts not too intrusive.

THE BAD:

- Base automatic costs Rs. 11.7 Lakhs on road Bangalore. Hyundai should have offered 1.2L engine with 4 speed automatic for those who want a basic AT city commuter.
- Base automatic misses out on essentials like Touchscreen HU with reversing camera, auto folding side view mirrors and alloy wheels.
- Car looks undertyred with 15 inch wheels/tyres.
- 6 feet driver + 6 feet passenger at the back is tight. Back passenger's knees will touch the front seats
- Long term reliability concerns of DCT transmission
- Sub-par Hyundai service experience in our area

THE UGLY:

- That front design.
- Steering feels totally disconnected at parking speeds.
- Turbolag results in "uneven" progress. Many times, you have to stab the accelerator pedal to get moving, especially below 1500 RPM.
- Possibly a 3 star GNCAP rated car (going by Hyundai/Kia's history in India)

Since most buyers opt for top-end variants, there are hardly any photos of base variants of Hyundai Venue. So I'm adding a few unique pics of S+ variant here. Halogen headlights:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170430.jpg

While most Venue cars have MRF Wanderers or Apollo Accelere 4G, this one is shod with Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170719.jpg

15 inch wheels too tiny - just look at gap between the tyre and the wheel well:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170507.jpg

S+ DCT variant gets a flippy key, with boot release button:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170905.jpg

Complimentary dealer fitted door rain visor (which I don't like):

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170400.jpg

Find 10 differences between S+ DCT and SX DCT variant interiors and win exciting prizes:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210327_095404.jpg

The headunit controls are quite intuitive. I did not have to lookup the manual to change equalizer settings!

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170007.jpg

Whoops, missing front reading lamps:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170018.jpg

Fixed type grab handle (not the spring loaded ones):

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170239.jpg

Only the driver power windows button is backlit on the door console:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_192314.jpg

No automatic climate control:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170119.jpg

Rear seats have fixed type headrests. However, whiplash injury is unlikely even for 6 ft passengers because the headrest is mounted high:

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210327_095649.jpg

Overall, Venue S+ DCT (Rs. 11.7L on road) is decent value for money when compared to the SX DCT (Rs. 14.3L on road) variant. Touchscreen HU with reversing camera, bigger tyres and 16 inch alloy wheels (to improve the stance of the vehicle) can always be added later. As a bonus, it looks like there is a smaller waiting list for S+ DCT variant - so you don't have to wait for 2 or 3 months to get your Venue.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2021 at 08:03.
SmartCat is online now   (43) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks