Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2020, 09:24   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
I have booked the White Zeta and expecting it to be delivered by Sept 10.

Quick question - since I am going to add the camera (Genuine Accessory) do they need to open the dash? Or can be fitted by just opening the rear door panel.
They have to remove the headunit to get the wires and power for the reverse camera. Do ensure they do not cut any wires and fit the headunit properly or it will squeal.
I had installed OEM reverse camera on my XL6 from the showroom before delivery but have faced rattle from the headunit and the mic of the headunit has a bit of noise and is not as clear as other cars having the same headunit. I have personally checked the same.
Harman guys have traced it to wiring of the OEM reverse camera. I haven't followed up with showroom guys after covid19.
I would suggest you upgrade to the Alpha model if you do want a rear view camera.
hemen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:02   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Sashi! I have booked the White Zeta and expecting it to be delivered by Sept 10.

Quick question - since I am going to add the camera (Genuine Accessory) do they need to open the dash? Or can be fitted by just opening the rear door panel.
It seems that all cars manufactured post February 2020 have the wiring done till the boot. I got my camera installed without opening the dash. Mine was a February 2020 car delivered in June 2020(Thanks to lockdown).
dean5545 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:40   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
It seems that all cars manufactured post February 2020 have the wiring done till the boot. I got my camera installed without opening the dash. Mine was a February 2020 car delivered in June 2020(Thanks to lockdown).
Exactly was the response from RM! This gives me such a relief, I wouldn't want them to touch the dash and open the head unit. I found the ICE sound quality just about average, does anyone know what speaker size do they house?

One more question as Sashi upgraded his tires, I was planning to upgrade the tires to 195/60 as in Bangalore we have good stock of all brands, should it drop the millage noticeably?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by MadTiger : 13th August 2020 at 13:41. Reason: Typo
MadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:46   #154
BANNED

Quote:
I found the ICE sound quality just about average, does anyone know what speaker size do they house?
It'll be 6.5" speakers installed in the doors.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 14:52   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One more question as Sashi upgraded his tires, I was planning to upgrade the tires to 195/60 as in Bangalore we have good stock of all brands, should it drop the millage noticeably?

Thanks in Advance.
Absolutely not. You are going for the correct upgrade. I went for a slightly larger sidewall with 195/65R15 as the 195/60R15 is technically a bit smaller than the already puny looking stock wheels. Also with better rubber and slightly more sidewall, I'm loving the ride quality at 29PSI all around. There is simply no comparison with the stock bridgestones.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 18:29   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Absolutely not. You are going for the correct upgrade. I went for a slightly larger sidewall with 195/65R15 as the 195/60R15 is technically a bit smaller than the already puny looking stock wheels. Also with better rubber and slightly more sidewall, I'm loving the ride quality at 29PSI all around. There is simply no comparison with the stock bridgestones.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks to Shashi and the info, I've negotiated a swap with the Michelin dealer here for 195/65/R15 albeit Primacy 4 and not XM. I wanted the same setup as Shashi but the XMs are out of stock here.
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 20:37   #157
BHPian

I guess I could have included all my queries regarding XL 6 in a single post. I apologies for multiple posts.

So my ask here is since XL 6 comes with mild hybrid and dual battery setup, how long can it stand idle before it requires to be mandatorily started to charge the batteries?

At times I stay away due to work for weeks. My standard practice for all my vehicles is to disconnect the negative terminal. Works great for me with minimum standing discharge.

With XL 6 coming dual battery, the additional lithium ION battery discharges on its own? Has anyone researched if this can be disconnected?

Also I have read (which I believe is incorrect) that the battery gets charged only during brake regeneration is that correct? Why would Suzuki design something like this?

If there is no other way then I have to think about a way to address this like keeping the keys with a trusted person who can start the vehicle once every week.
Old 13th August 2020, 22:48   #158
BHPian

Found this interesting article about the SHVS

Developed by Suzuki engineers in Hamamatsu, Japan, the new Smart Hybrid by Suzuki (SHVS) system consists of three main elements. The first is a 48V Integrated Starter Generator (ISG), which performs the function of an alternator, electric motor and starter motor. The second is a 48V Lithium-ion battery pack positioned under the front passenger seat so as to not hamper the seating or luggage space. The third is a converter that transforms the voltage from 48V to 12V to supply the on-board equipment when required.

In all, the components of the 48V Smart Hybrid by Suzuki (SHVS) system weigh 45 kg. The capacity of the Lithium-ion battery pack is 8 Ah. The electric motor generates 10 kW (13.6 PS) and 50 Nm of torque. The battery pack stores the electrical energy recovered from deceleration and braking and uses it for the various fuel-sipping functions. The familiar functions of the new mild-hybrid system are brake energy regeneration, idle start-stop and engine assist (including torque-fill control and torque boost).

Another benefit of the 48V SHVS system is electric motor idling. When the clutch is disengaged and the engine speed is very low, approximately 1,000 rpm to be specific, this feature basically replaces fuel injection with power from the electric motor to control and maintain the engine idling at speeds below 16 km/h. The electric motor idling function essentially eliminates fuel consumption and allows for an instant engine restart.

Article link here
Old 14th August 2020, 11:28   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Found this interesting article about the SHVS
They have recently introduced this on all models in Europe. We don't get this system in any Maruti currently.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:07   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Zeta doesn't get reverse camera, hence its an add on accessory.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Thanks a lot for your wishes.
Hi - can you please let me know how this camera is fitted? Do they drill holes on the bumper or is it a fit in the original place? Is the wiring already available from factory? A picture would help. Am seriously considering the Zeta model as I did a test drive recently and the car was quite brilliant.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:25   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hi - can you please let me know how this camera is fitted? Do they drill holes on the bumper or is it a fit in the original place? Is the wiring already available from factory? A picture would help.
I just confirmed with the MGA guy and he said it's installed at the same location as Alpha. There will be no difference whatsoever. He also said that newer models are coming with wire connection till boot, so its literally plug and play.

What you can do to confirm yourself: check with your MGA guy if they have the part number in stock. If they have, ask for the installation instructions manual which comes inside each box. That will have detailed instructions with image.

Meanwhile I have requested them to share images if they have. They usually keep pics of accessories in their tabs post installation.

Quote:
Am seriously considering the Zeta model as I did a test drive recently and the car was quite brilliant.
Yes the XL6 is an immensely practical car. Zeta is supremely VFM.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I just confirmed with the MGA guy and he said it's installed at the same location as Alpha. There will be no difference whatsoever. He also said that newer models are coming with wire connection till boot, so its literally plug and play.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for the confirmation. Some of the Nexa SA are ignorant to say the least. Also, currently there are no offers on the car. I was expecting atleast something, but alas no. Maybe they will provide something for festive season.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:32   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, currently there are no offers on the car. I was expecting atleast something, but alas no. Maybe they will provide something for festive season.
Yes there were no offers for me too in July from Maruti's end. Mom was eligible for Corona warriors offer, but that's it. Also XL6 has been selling like hot cakes post lockdown in my city. So its futile to expect any discount/offer now. May be something will come later.

Every other NEXA car had good offers.
Old 17th August 2020, 14:18   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. Some of the Nexa SA are ignorant to say the least. Also, currently there are no offers on the car. I was expecting atleast something, but alas no. Maybe they will provide something for festive season.
Quote:
Yes there were no offers for me too in July from Maruti's end. Mom was eligible for Corona warriors offer, but that's it. Also XL6 has been selling like hot cakes post lockdown in my city. So its futile to expect any discount/offer now. May be something will come later.

Every other NEXA car had good offers.
There are two NEXA dealers in my city so I pushed them against each other. One didn't budge but at the other, I was given the option of 10k worth accessories but did not avail that. Persisted and got 12k off the ex-showroom price, but a relaxed delivery timeline of 20+ days. I am in no hurry so that suited me. Made a booking amount of 11k.

The thing is: the other dealer that didn't budge had a nicer newer showroom plus arrogant sales staff. I had to follow up with my inquiry rather than them coming back to me.
Flipside: The other dealers showroom is a bit tacky, far from a Nexa experience. I realised I will visit them once in a lifetime so am okay with that. But doesn't look too good for the whole 'Nexa Experience' that they brag of.

Last edited by lionell : 17th August 2020 at 14:25. Reason: typo and additions
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 10:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
They have recently introduced this on all models in Europe. We don't get this system in any Maruti currently.

Regards,
Shashi
Please check this link https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...y/smart-hybrid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks