Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 11:49   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Sorry, I didn't get what you are trying to highlight.

In India we get the dual battery systerm, but its very much different than the 48V system we get in Europe. The system we get in India is rated at 1.7kW, compared to the higher ratings in Europe.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 18:52   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Absolutely not. You are going for the correct upgrade. I went for a slightly larger sidewall with 195/65R15 as the 195/60R15 is technically a bit smaller than the already puny looking stock wheels. Also with better rubber and slightly more sidewall, I'm loving the ride quality at 29PSI all around. There is simply no comparison with the stock bridgestones.

Regards,
Shashi
Sashi,

Need your expert advice, what I was thinking - to do a trade in of the stock alloy and go for Brezza 16 inch black alloys and put 195/55 16 rubber? (I know I am going crazy) Unless there is a PCD miss match, will this be a over kill?

thanks a ton in advance.
Old 18th August 2020, 19:33   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Sashi,

Need your expert advice, what I was thinking - to do a trade in of the stock alloy and go for Brezza 16 inch black alloys and put 195/55 16 rubber? (I know I am going crazy) Unless there is a PCD miss match, will this be a over kill?

thanks a ton in advance.
The PCD should match though I don't know what is the PCD for Brezza, for XL6 it should be 114.3 and 5 holes.

The upgrade also seems to be within limit if we compare the size with stock tire. However, I feel that for a people mover MPV like the XL6, sidewall height is more important for a cushioned ride. You really don't want to compromise on that aspect do you?
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 19:42   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The PCD should match though I don't know what is the PCD for Brezza, for XL6 it should be 114.3 and 5 holes.

The upgrade also seems to be within limit if we compare the size with stock tire. However, I feel that for a people mover MPV like the XL6, sidewall height is more important for a cushioned ride. You really don't want to compromise on that aspect do you?
Absolutely makes sense, I think I will just stick to stock for now. Also got a call from RM, Brezza PCD dont match with XL 6. :(
Old 19th August 2020, 01:17   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely makes sense, I think I will just stick to stock for now. Also got a call from RM, Brezza PCD dont match with XL 6. :(
Brezza's PCD very much match XL6s. The only issue I see is 6.5J rims which may be a bit too wide for the XL6's wheel well. I was in a similar situation as you, and had the option of upgrading to 16 inch wheels(S Cross Or Brezza). But I opted for ride quality over looks/handling.

Leaving you with some pics of XL6s with Brezza's MGA alloys(6J) and S Cross' diamond cut ones(6.5J)

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-images-81.jpeg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-117334589_10157929300783621_8338626438237222994_n.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-116872926_10157929300808621_4366211327556821097_n.jpg

If you go for 16 inchers, opt for 195/60R16 size. That's what XL7 gets on 6J rims. :

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-117372816_3492652070765732_3118760563053076407_n.jpg

I have 195/65R15s on my stock alloys and they too have improved the look a bit. The outer dia is same as 195/60R16.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200819_011316.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Brezza's PCD very much match XL6s. The only issue I see is 6.5J rims which may be a bit too wide for the XL6's wheel well. I was in a similar situation as you, and had the option of upgrading to 16 inch wheels(S Cross Or Brezza). But I opted for ride quality over looks/handling.

Leaving you with some pics of XL6s with Brezza's MGA alloys(6J) and S Cross' diamond cut ones(6.5J)

I have 195/65R15s on my stock alloys and they too have improved the look a bit. The outer dia is same as 195/60R16.
Cant thank you enough Sashi, your response gives me so much clarity to my confusion.

So I will take a call based on the buy back I get for my stock tires!

Just an after thought, the speedo error will be 2.09% for the upgrade you went for, attached below screenshot for reference, I guess we can live with it?

The helpful tire upgrade utility can be found here
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-tire.jpg  

Last edited by MadTiger : 19th August 2020 at 11:21. Reason: Added image reference
Old 19th August 2020, 21:20   #172
BHPian

Has anyone evaluated placing the Ertiga's middle seat in an XL6? Is it easy to source the Ertiga's middle seat, and if yes, is it a easy fit in the XL6?

Many may wonder why go through the trouble, instead just buy the Ertiga. But I prefer the black interiors of XL6, it's cruise control and also remember reading somewhere it has better structural safety than the Ertiga.

The six seats and the 4 speed automatic are holding me back. Else this car would have been home a long while ago.
Old 20th August 2020, 07:24   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Has anyone evaluated placing the Ertiga's middle seat in an XL6? Is it easy to source the Ertiga's middle seat, and if yes, is it a easy fit in the XL6?

Many may wonder why go through the trouble, instead just buy the Ertiga. But I prefer the black interiors of XL6, it's cruise control and also remember reading somewhere it has better structural safety than the Ertiga.

The six seats and the 4 speed automatic are holding me back. Else this car would have been home a long while ago.
You will need to make some changes(read tinkering) to the floor mountings as well, as the XL6 has different rear floor panel with some addtional members to mount those captain seats.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 20th August 2020, 17:46   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Sashi! I have booked the White Zeta and expecting it to be delivered by Sept 10.

Quick question - since I am going to add the camera (Genuine Accessory) do they need to open the dash? Or can be fitted by just opening the rear door panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
They have to remove the headunit to get the wires and power for the reverse camera. Do ensure they do not cut any wires and fit the headunit properly or it will squeal.
I had installed OEM reverse camera on my XL6 from the showroom before delivery but have faced rattle from the headunit and the mic of the headunit has a bit of noise and is not as clear as other cars having the same headunit. I have personally checked the same.
Harman guys have traced it to wiring of the OEM reverse camera. I haven't followed up with showroom guys after covid19.
I would suggest you upgrade to the Alpha model if you do want a rear view camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
It seems that all cars manufactured post February 2020 have the wiring done till the boot. I got my camera installed without opening the dash. Mine was a February 2020 car delivered in June 2020(Thanks to lockdown).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hi - can you please let me know how this camera is fitted? Do they drill holes on the bumper or is it a fit in the original place? Is the wiring already available from factory? A picture would help. Am seriously considering the Zeta model as I did a test drive recently and the car was quite brilliant.
I was at the showroom today to collect my RC. Took a pic of the Camera unit and verified it personally. It's absolutely plug and play as its evident from the coupler.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200820_155736.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-20200820_155834.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 13:24   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Besides the availability and physical alterations, you'd also have to keep in mind the seating capacity as mentioned on the registration certificate of the car. Even though, on everyday basis we see far more entertaining (pun intended) violations on the road, than an extra seat in the car
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 00:54   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Is the VVT badging on the fenders XL7 inspired aftermarket ones? I don’t remember seeing it on any XL6 even the fresh ones

Not sure if you have faced something similar but I am getting some rattles from the infotainment unit and it seems to be a common one as many owners are complaining. Another is a faint squeak from the third row seats but I guess that should be coming from the spare wheel housing.
Old 24th August 2020, 02:06   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
Is the VVT badging on the fenders XL7 inspired aftermarket ones? I don’t remember seeing it on any XL6 even the fresh ones

Not sure if you have faced something similar but I am getting some rattles from the infotainment unit and it seems to be a common one as many owners are complaining. Another is a faint squeak from the third row seats but I guess that should be coming from the spare wheel housing.
The VVT badge is an addition I did later, since the fenders feel very empty without them. I have used MGP part for the same.

Regarding rattles, I'm sometimes hearing a mild creak from around the infotainment area, on bad surfaces. I believe the headunit housing is the culprit.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 24th August 2020, 11:57   #178
Senior - BHPian

Maruti sold over 25,000 units of the XL6 in a year

Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 25,000 units of the XL6 since its launch, exactly a year ago.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2019marutixl602.jpg

The carmaker claims that the XL6 has a 14% market share in the premium MPV segment. This has helped the company increase its market share in the MPV segment to 51%.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2019marutixl607.jpg

The XL6 was launched as a premium offering and is sold through the Nexa retail network. It is based on the Ertiga and comes with separate captain seats in the second row and reclining seats in the third row. The MPV also gets a distinct exterior featuring a redesigned grille and LED headlamps, black body cladding, roof rails and black alloy wheels.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2019marutixl601.jpg

The Maruti XL6 is powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology. It produces 103 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 138 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2019marutixl604.jpg

Click here (Maruti XL6 : Official Review) to read Team-BHP's detailed official review of the Maruti Suzuki XL6.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 24th August 2020 at 11:58.
TusharK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:29   #179
BHPian

Re: Maruti sold over 25,000 units of the XL6 in a year

Tha cladding kept aside, I believe this one sold also due to the bumped up GC which is further increased to 200mm in the newly launched XL7 abroad. They must do something about the 1.5 petrol and the 4 speed automatic transmission. A turbo petrol or the return of the diesel may make things more interesting.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20200824_143110.jpg

Last edited by haisaikat : 24th August 2020 at 14:31.
Old 24th August 2020, 17:19   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti sold over 25,000 units of the XL6 in a year

For a car thats basically a better Ertiga, it seems to have kicked off well and makes an excellent place in Nexa as a premium offering. Personally I would have preferred the exterior of the Ertiga and interior of the XL6, but some might prefer the beefed up sides and front. When we were on the look out for an MPV, I was hopeful of a diesel option being offered on this one. But that didn't happen else this would have been a strong contender in the place of the Crysta. Of course the Crysta is in a different league in almost all aspects. But when we look at the price difference, the XL6 is very much VFM if we look at a comfortable four seater with an option to seat two more people occasionally.

I think a few months down the line we will see a Toyota badge on this car and thats going to make this car rule the MPV market. If we combine the sales of the Ertiga, XL6 and the Toyota avatar, only the Innova crysta will be the other name for MPV apart from this one. But looking at the Nexa portfolio of Maruti, the XL6 will definitely draw people away from the Ciaz and S-Cross. What Maruti had to do better was to distinguish these products better. A much more performance oriented Ciaz, and an S-Cross that could be loaded better being a flagship would have worked wonders. Instead, we have the same powertrain in all cars which makes the only differentiator being the type of body since even features are more or less the same.

A diesel automatic XL6 with slightly better equipment levels will steal quite some customers from the innova.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks