Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 17:37   #361

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

I booked an XL6 Zeta MT on April 17 and my car is going to be delivered on May 31from OSL Nexa Kolkata. I shall be posting my buying experience later, but right now my query is: my car does not have a TPMS but I am interested in having one installed. I have heard that the TPMS needs to be calibrated every time a punctured tyre is repaired. Is that true and is that a big hassle? Can this be done outside from a tyre shop or the car needs to be taken to a Nexa workshop? Also, my dealer does not have a reverse parking camera in stock. Will installing a camera from aftermarket interfere with my car insurance?
Old 30th May 2022, 19:43   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBAN View Post
I booked an XL6 Zeta MT on April 17 and my car is going to be delivered on May 31from OSL Nexa Kolkata. I shall be posting my buying experience later, but right now my query is: my car does not have a TPMS but I am interested in having one installed. I have heard that the TPMS needs to be calibrated every time a punctured tyre is repaired. Is that true and is that a big hassle? Can this be done outside from a tyre shop or the car needs to be taken to a Nexa workshop? Also, my dealer does not have a reverse parking camera in stock. Will installing a camera from aftermarket interfere with my car insurance?
Hi Amban,

Congrats on your booking.

Btw I too booked one last week , but I went for the mid Alpha variant.
And here at Bangalore they are saying min 8-10 weeks delivery time.
i.e. based on the color. I opted for Grandeur Grey

Is there any trick in the book to get a delivery faster?

Thanks
Fillmore.
Old 30th May 2022, 22:01   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Is there any trick in the book to get a delivery faster?
My SA promised me to deliver the vehicle in 4-6 weeks, and he has kept his promise. Probably the waiting period depends on the city, variant, color etc. Anyway he also very virtuously assured me that at Nexa they did not tolerate any hanky panky to jump the queue.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st May 2022 at 04:55. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 24th June 2022, 21:04   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
1-4 is fine.
7. Avoid: Choose your own accessories.
10. Suzuki connect: Avoid. Very basic form of car connectivity with elementary features like geofencing etc. That too being network dependent doesn't work everytime. Also you need to pay subscription charges after some time.
Regards,
Shashi
I got delivery of my new XL6 Alpha Manual today . It comes with pre-installed suzuki connect pro with 3 yr subscription with access of various features via mobile app, keyless entry and push button start/stop button.

I want to add more security to the car (specially mechanical ones) for peace of mind. I am ok to spend extra for the safety (rather than adding more chrome ) Though I have gated parking inside society, but used to goto relatives where car is parked outside house on road.

(1) Please suggest what all security add-ons I should put in car?
(2) Which brand gear lock is good? Used AutoCop U shape gear lock in previous vehicle, it was solid one, but now autocop company is closed. Local market suggesting many similar name brands in 1200 range. I need a real solid one (they saying pin based lock will fit XL6). Xenos and Blackcat also closed. Minda stopped mfg gear locks.
(3) Stearing lock - is it worth? If yes, any recommandation on brand/type?
(4) Clutch lock - is it worth? Saw some BHPians suggesting use it for safety
(5) Anything else? This link has many more things but I am not that techie to do all these things https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ownin...car-theft.html (ARTICLE: How to protect your car from THEFT)

Last edited by India2022 : 24th June 2022 at 21:16. Reason: Edit
Old 28th October 2022, 17:29   #365
BHPian

Upgraded the XL6 (gen 1) fog lamps to Osram LEDs with Valeo reflectors. Thanks to LeoShashi for his research.

The existing LED fog lamps were inadequate and this upgrade has bought confidence in low light and night driving.

The results below

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_0315.jpeg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_0316.jpeg
lionell is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 13:56   #366
BHPian

I thought I should report it here.

XL6 1.5 Auto Bought Dec 2021. Run about 13K kms so far. Since last 2-3K kms in the last 3 months, I have been hearing a knocking sound at cold start. It was more pronounced with the AC on.

During the third service I brought up the issue. The technicians could not hear it. I myself thought there still was a faint sound audible but could not accurately place a finger on where it is coming from.

As the days went by the sound was more frequent and became more pronounced. By the way, one does not hear this sound from inside the cabin. It is heard next to the driver side wheel outside the engine bay, inside the engine bay and around the AC compressor side of things.

Was able to capture a video and send to the dealer's service GM late last night . A Technician came over today to hear in person and the sound was loud and pronounced at cold start. Using the large headphone and microphone like thing the sound was thought to be coming from the water pump, I am told.

Have raised for a warranty replacement of the water pump now.

Apparently this is a issue that is seen in other cars too. I do not really buy the cold-start-up-goes-away-once warmed-up-its-normal theory because this started happening in hotter Chennai climates. The issue did not occur until the first 9-10K kms.

I hope the issue was correctly identified.

Do any other owners notice the same knocking sound on startup and a milder one after running for 10-20 minutes? Its more pronounced with the AC on.

Last edited by TorqMaster : 7th December 2022 at 13:58.
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:21   #367

Have upgraded my rear shocks and Coil springs as in XL6 2022 model.. The ride quality is improved a lot and now feel like driving a mini SUV than a MPV
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img1051.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img1052.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img1056.jpg  

balajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 13:07   #368

Looks amazing, Beautiful alloy wheels, Im planning to buy same wheels for my honda city zx 5th Gen, Can you provide the contact?
Old 12th March 2023, 13:29   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
I thought I should report it here. .

Hi I have been facing the same issue. Service center guys told water pump issue and changed it, but the problem still persists

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th March 2023 at 13:52. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
SilverLineOcty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 14:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLineOcty View Post
Hi I have been facing the same issue. Service center guys told water pump issue and changed it, but the problem still persists
Thanks, the issue in mine has reduced without changing the water pump. I think its the temperature when starting the vehicle on cold winter mornings. I don't hear the sound when the car warms up. Chennai mornings have started becoming warmer and hence possibly the reduction of the sound.

My nexon is a Diesel and I thought this similar sound always existed in that car since day 1. Ditto with my earlier Diesel Manza.
Old 22nd March 2023, 06:18   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLineOcty View Post
I am thinking of buying a pre owned 2020 Zeta AT model with 20K on the ODO , same issue existed in the model. Other than that the car drives like a charm. I pointed it out during inspection to the used car dealer. They said it’s water pump issue and replaced it. Now the sound is gone.
But now not sure whether I should go ahead with the purchase.
Is water pump assembly replacement indication of any other future issues ?
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:54   #372

Hi as I said in my post even after changing the water pump, I still had the issue. Other than that the vehicle is perfectly fine. Another interesting fact is, all the vehicles reported here are ATs, so need to explore if it is something to do with the transmission. Any advice from friends here will be helpful
Old 15th May 2023, 03:59   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Drove straight to the Tyre shop for the Swap. I know a Tyre mechanic there, who now heads this particular store. He did all the job himself to avoid any scratches on the rim...
Hey shashi! Sorry for the late ping, but hand to scroll through 119 pages of the topic :P. My XL6 Alpha AT is due for a tyre change at 50k kms and i tried enquiring with bridgestone workshop mechanic on upgrading to 195/65 r15 ‘s. He informed me that the rear tyre might fit in good, but the front tyres might have a problem when turning and hit the wheelbase.

Just wanted to know after your years of experience, if you have ever felt any disturbance or damage in terms of turning the vehicle.

Also, kindly request a review on the ride quality, as my worn out tyres are literally making the car skid on wet roads and speed bumps.

Is upgrading to a bigger wheel base, better, in terms of :

(i) Ride quality
(ii) Sound
(iii) Manoeuvring

Kindly let me know.
A fan of your detailed reviews

Thank you

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th May 2023 at 07:23. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 15th May 2023, 08:51   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyjit View Post

Also, kindly request a review on the ride quality, as my worn out tyres are literally making the car skid on wet roads and speed bumps.

Is upgrading to a bigger wheel base, better, in terms of :

(i) Ride quality
(ii) Sound
(iii) Manoeuvring

Kindly let me know.
A fan of your detailed reviews

Thank you
Had absolutely no issue with tyres fouling the wheel archs when I was on 195/65R15s on stock rims. Infact my brother's Zeta AT is on the same size and he has absolutely no issue with it.

Ride will improve a bit, sound and NVH depends on the brand of tyres you choose.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 07:56   #375

I have an observation related to the cruise control to share. I was driving on the Samruddhi Expressway at cruise speed of 100 kmph. When the car hit the water puddle, the cruise control disengaged automatically. The first occurrence was a surprise then from the next time I was aware of it and activated the cruise control again after crossing the other puddles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks