Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2019, 15:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBP View Post
I have suzuki connect installed in my XL6. I got it after nearly a month as Maruti was doing R&D as per the sales team. I am able to track the car and look at my trips but some of my trips go missing and as my parking is out of cell coverage I get the message " not connected to the internet". Please let me know if you needed any specific information.
SBP
When did you get it fitted? I mean which date. Initially there were reports of XL6 fitment kit not available with Nexa.

Also do you use their Gio fencing feature.

I believe the subscription is for 3 years. Do you feel that this is helping you and is worth it.

Your parking area being Out of mobile service is an individual issue giving you that message
Old 27th November 2019, 20:43   #77
SBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
When did you get it fitted? I mean which date. Initially there were reports of XL6 fitment kit not available with Nexa.
The dealership got the device nearly 1 month after I got the vehicle . Mostly it was Nov 10th when they confirmed that the issues with XL6 integration were solved. I got it fitted during my first service during the second week of November. I am involved in mapping and travel/logistics is one of the domains I work on. I primarily got this device to test a complete solution in India.

Quote:
Also do you use their Gio fencing feature.

I believe the subscription is for 3 years. Do you feel that this is helping you and is worth it.
Currently there is no way to export the tracks I created. I will be testing its geo-fencing feature but it is a very basic one which draws a circle around a location.Additional options are not available. The driving score is gimmicky. If I can export the data then it will be very useful to me.

The only place I see this as useful if your significant other/kids with driver travel alone and this will help in knowing where they are and the automatic emergency messaging feature.

Quote:
Your parking area being Out of mobile service is an individual issue giving you that message

I was expecting the last known location of the device when it is out of cell coverage but I get an error message. Hopefully this solution will mature at a minimum an integration with Android Auto/ Smart play would make this very useful.
SBP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 23:30   #78
BHPian

I saw an XL6 displayed at the Delhi airport today. I completely missed the XL6 launch primarily because it was not on my radar. In a nutshell, I like the car (that happened when I peered inside).

Captain seats, captain seats, captain seats. Did I say, captain seats? And black interiors.

As the car is mostly Ertiga, i thought it was good to do a (somewhat) premium variant with captain seats as a differentiator. Had they offered a bench seat, I wonder what would've been the point then?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2019 at 23:52. Reason: Corrected typos, punctuation and grammar. Please proof-read posts before submitting.
nandadevieast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 01:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Had they offered a bench seat, I wonder what would've been the point then?
Cruise control, LED lights and crossover styling are distinguishing enough between XL6 and Ertiga. Offering a 7 seater version couldn’t have hurt. Maybe for some limited version?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st December 2019 at 03:13. Reason: Rectified a typo on request
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:16   #80
BHPian

Is there any insider info on any ongoing production issues with XL6? I am hearing from dealership sources that maruti has stopped billing and dispatches of all XL6s after Nov-20 as they have found issues with a production lot. Not clear on the exact issue. My delivery was planned for Nov end but this has pushed it back by at least 2 weeks as of current scenario

Waiting for November dispatch numbers to see if this has any affect on the overall dispatch numbers.
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 23:49   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
Is there any insider info on any ongoing production issues with XL6? I am hearing from dealership sources that maruti has stopped billing and dispatches of all XL6s after Nov-20 as they have found issues with a production lot. Not clear on the exact issue. My delivery was planned for Nov end but this has pushed it back by at least 2 weeks as of current scenario

Waiting for November dispatch numbers to see if this has any affect on the overall dispatch numbers.
Yes. You are right about being some issues with billing and production lot. I was supposed to get delivery of my XL6 today but has been postponed due to similar reasons. Got it confirmed with another distributor too. What seems to the problem, of someone here could help. A source from the Nexa showroom confirmed that the Hybrid mis cars, namely XL6 and Ciaz have some production problems and maybe a batch or two maybe recalled.

TIA.
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:37   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraa View Post
Yes. You are right about being some issues with billing and production lot. I was supposed to get delivery of my XL6 today but has been postponed due to similar reasons. Got it confirmed with another distributor too. What seems to the problem, of someone here could help. A source from the Nexa showroom confirmed that the Hybrid mis cars, namely XL6 and Ciaz have some production problems and maybe a batch or two maybe recalled.
So you had been allocated a vehicle & it was probably registered (since now cars are not being delivered without an HSRP in most metros) and then the delivery was held back? Will you get the same car after fix now? Or a different piece altogether, did they mention?
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:43   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So you had been allocated a vehicle & it was probably registered (since now cars are not being delivered without an HSRP in most metros) and then the delivery was held back? Will you get the same car after fix now? Or a different piece altogether, did they mention?
Hi,

I haven't been told anything regarding a fix or a different piece. One SA told me that there is a billing issue and my car is in the stock at their workshop parking. And the other SA his senior told me that these is some production problem with Hybrids, namely XL6 and Ciaz, he too confirmed that the vehicle is already with them. Now awaiting further communication from Seva.

He said I can come and do the Pooja but he will be able to deliver the car only after invoicing.

Hoping that the vehicle comes fault free.
rahulraa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:51   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraa View Post
I haven't been told anything regarding a fix or a different piece. One SA told me that there is a billing issue and my car is in the stock at their workshop parking. And the other SA his senior told me that these is some production problem with Hybrids, namely XL6 and Ciaz, he too confirmed that the vehicle is already with them. Now awaiting further communication from Seva.
Ah alright! So very possible that its more of a software issue in their invoicing/inventory management/MIS softwares rather than the car itself. I just asked since someone said "recall" I thought something was mentioned in that aspect as a technical issue by some dealership. Cool.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:08   #85
BHPian

I had posted this question some time ago on the Ertiga review thread without any response. Trying my luck again now.
Anyone who has tried to get the XL6 additions retrofitted to Ertiga like the Roof rails or the scruff plates/bumper work or any of those exterior/interior differentiators?
Anyone tried to get the cruise control to work (like there was a thread for Innova GX version) - will it lose warranty)?
Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Anyone tried to get the cruise control to work (like there was a thread for Innova GX version) - will it lose warranty)?
Thanks
I have enquired in the MASS for CC. It's factory fitted and they would not be able to fit in the Service center. I would be interested if there is any one offering this in Bangalore.
Old 7th December 2019, 00:38   #87

Press release came out today mentioning that the ISG unit in the smart hybrid xl6 maybe an issue hence all deliveries halted. Went today to Nexa, found the car allotted to me. SA says doesn't know how much time it will take, so will have to wait and watch. Any suggestions.
rahulraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 22:01   #88
BHPian

I am planning to buy the xl6 and contemplating tire upgrade. The follow are the options
1. keep stock rims and change from 185/65 R15 to 195/65 R15 (Michelin primacy) - seems to be the most common option.
2. Upgrading to 16” and tire to 195/55 R16 - this ensures almost same dis but I see in the forum the issues on ride quality as well as wheel rim bends
3. Upgrading to 16” and tire 195/60 R16 - the tire dia change is almost 3% want to know if this ok for ABS and other aspects
4. Upgrading to 16” and tire 205/55 R16 - the tire dia change is under 2% but Madhu’s Bangalore informed me this was fouling with wheel well in the rear when tried earlier.

I would really like to upgrade to 16” would like to know the recommendation from teambhp experts and other xl6/ertiga users. Open to other suggestions as well.
Old 18th December 2019, 17:32   #89

Hello XL6 forum. I had received a mail a week back from my dealer to get the vehicle inspected for the faulty component. Today they changed the component in question. It took 3 hours to get the whole work done. They called it generator unit, which drives the hybrid engine.
avjinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 12:23   #90
SBP

I was there at the dealership in south Bangalore last week for the recall. They mentioned that 20% of the cars( all the models which are part of the recall) they were checking required the part replacement. It would take an hour to check the car and upto three hours to change the part if it is in stock.

They wanted to keep the car for two weeks as they had a backlog of 20 cars. They mentioned that if the car requires the part they have to hold the car unless we take it out on our responsibility. Hence, I did not go ahead with the test. Hopefully their part availability improves so that the car is not held up for long.
SBP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks