Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 17:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I am planning to buy the xl6 and contemplating tire upgrade. The follow are the options
1. keep stock rims and change from 185/65 R15 to 195/65 R15 (Michelin primacy) - seems to be the most common option.
2. Upgrading to 16” and tire to 195/55 R16 - this ensures almost same dis but I see in the forum the issues on ride quality as well as wheel rim bends
3. Upgrading to 16” and tire 195/60 R16 - the tire dia change is almost 3% want to know if this ok for ABS and other aspects
4. Upgrading to 16” and tire 205/55 R16 - the tire dia change is under 2% but Madhu’s Bangalore informed me this was fouling with wheel well in the rear when tried earlier.

I would really like to upgrade to 16” would like to know the recommendation from teambhp experts and other xl6/ertiga users. Open to other suggestions as well.

So what did you finally decide upon and fitted. Hows your experience with the up-sized tyres.

Please share some pictures too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
SURPRISE!, Oct 10th yesterday same day while this review was being published, I booked my XL6 Alpha Automatic in Bangalore

1) I have owned Ertiga for 4.5 yrs earlier between 2013 to 2017. Later on for short stints moved to a used Corolla Altis Manual (TO-YO-TA brilliant), 2018 Brand new XUV500 W7 AT (cant get worse) and used Duster AMT and now back to Maruti! I know the Ertiga's versatility, and thats exactly the reason I bought it again in the form of XL6.

7) I am a person who has used several cars over the past 7-8 yrs. Count more than 7 from hatchback to sedan to muv to suvs. An Ertiga is a common mans proposition, price and 7-8 seater. So an XL6 as per my guess will not be bought by masses hence will keep it slightly exclusive to the "upper" crest.

And yes I dont deny tyres are punny on the XL6, will upsize them in due course!
How is your experience in using the vehicle till now. Also wanted to check if you opted for NEXA MGP floor mats.

The driver foot mat has an option to be hooked to the floor to avoid slippage, have they fastened the hooks to the floor mats.

MOD NOTE - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE [QUOTE+] buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd January 2020 at 20:33. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 1st January 2020, 17:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The driver foot mat has an option to be hooked to the floor to avoid slippage, have they fastened the hooks to the floor mats.
Excuse me for quoting myself but found the pictures of the fasteners in another thread, hence attaching.

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2018maruticiaz22.jpg

Driver side Mats have to be clamped in XL6, same as above.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 21:20   #93
BHPian

Quote:
So what did you finally decide upon and fitted. Hows your experience with the up-sized tyres.

Please share some pictures too....
I have not yet decided will update once done.
Old 1st January 2020, 22:57   #94
BHPian

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-9f619f098c574287bb9585e16b20079f.jpeg
Finally got mine alpha delivered yesterday
Loving the experience so far
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease
Finally got mine alpha delivered yesterday
Loving the experience so far
Congrats on your purchase. Like the color.

What all accessories have you opted for and are your driver side mats hooked up like the picture above ?

Last edited by dadu : 2nd January 2020 at 12:44.
Old 2nd January 2020, 15:14   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase. Like the color.

What all accessories have you opted for and are your driver side mats hooked up like the picture above ?
Unfortunately my dealer didnt have any genuine accessories for XL6 so couldn't push for any accessory sale, the car came with basic carpet. I went for 7D mats from outside at a cost of 5K and it comes with hooks/anchors showed in picture.
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:01   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spals View Post
I am planning to buy the xl6 and contemplating tire upgrade. The follow are the options
1. keep stock rims and change from 185/65 R15 to 195/65 R15 (Michelin primacy) - seems to be the most common option.
2. Upgrading to 16” and tire to 195/55 R16 - this ensures almost same dis but I see in the forum the issues on ride quality as well as wheel rim bends
3. Upgrading to 16” and tire 195/60 R16 - the tire dia change is almost 3% want to know if this ok for ABS and other aspects
4. Upgrading to 16” and tire 205/55 R16 - the tire dia change is under 2% but Madhu’s Bangalore informed me this was fouling with wheel well in the rear when tried earlier.

I would really like to upgrade to 16” would like to know the recommendation from teambhp experts and other xl6/ertiga users. Open to other suggestions as well.
If you upgrade to 16 inchers then the existing alloys will not be used and you have to go for new alloys, this will increase the cost so most of the people are going for 1st option as you have listed.
smooth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
If you upgrade to 16 inchers then the existing alloys will not be used and you have to go for new alloys, this will increase the cost so most of the people are going for 1st option as you have listed.
If you want to do OEM-OEM upgrades, Well you have to find a S-cross or Brezza owner who plans to upgrade(or a dealer with those stock alloys + tyres) , the cost will definitely come down .

Otherwise, 195 or 205/60 R15 works fine for most
Old 3rd January 2020, 20:28   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Both the driver and front passenger's footwell have hooks - 2 on the driver's side, 1 on the passenger side. The hooks need to be clipped on to the body - there are existing cutouts for the clips to fit in.

I've been using my cousin's XL6 Alpha Automatic for the last 2 weeks, the main purpose being to check the FE - the driver was averaging 6-8 kmpl. As of now, in the Delhi winter, the MID is showing 13.9 kmpl for purely city driving (the ACC remains on all the time). Will report again after a highway drive to the hills that we plan to undertake tomorrow.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:38   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
he driver was averaging 6-8 kmpl. As of now, in the Delhi winter, the MID is showing 13.9 kmpl for purely city driving (the ACC remains on all the time).
Such a big difference? Is the driver stealing petrol?
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:51   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Such a big difference? Is the driver stealing petrol?
I would expect so to some extent. However, he was not lifting off to let the 'box shift up, so the car was holding 3rd gear at 50kmph. Taught him what to do, and also to engage cruise control at ~50 kmph - once the car recognizes it is on CC, it goes into 4th gear, maintaining ~1300-1400 rpm - and that improves FE.

Topped up the tank tonight, and the full-tank-to-full-tank average came out to 12.9 kmpl. So the MID is 1 kmpl optimistic, which is pretty much what my Ciaz's MID shows too.
Old 4th January 2020, 16:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Topped up the tank tonight, and the full-tank-to-full-tank average came out to 12.9 kmpl. So the MID is 1 kmpl optimistic, which is pretty much what my Ciaz's MID shows too.
Which is pretty decent considering that its a 6 seater MUV. Should improve on highways at cruising speed. IIRC, the ARAI mileage is 17.8 Km/L for Auto.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 00:16   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, we took the XL6 Alpha Automatic to the Himalayas yesterday, and had to return due to heavy snowfall and blocked roads. But that car performed flawlessly. It's an extremely comfortable highway cruiser - the seats, both front and second row captain seats, are perfectly shaped and bolstered, the suspension is smooth and firm, the tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia 150) have good grip on dry as well as wet surfaces, and the fuel economy is not too bad.

On the downside, the automatic gearbox has a disconcerting habit of shifting down 2 gears at a time in the hills, with a sudden surge of the engine to 3500 rpm and more without any change of accelerator input. But the torque converter's behaviour of multiplying torque and working a bit like low range gear certainly helped us get out of a few tight spots.

A couple of videos in heavy snowfall - travelogue with full details coming up later...

The overall average FE was at 14.4 kmpl as calculated tankful-to-tankful, while the MID showed 15.3 kmpl. During the highway run, the MID went up to 18.1 kmpl, so I am presuming the FE to be around 17.2 kmpl, which is reasonably close to the ARAI certified mileage - there were 4 people in the car, with a weekend worth of luggage, tools etc.
SS-Traveller is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 20:51   #104
BHPian

I was looking for instructions on how to replace the LED bulbs in the headlamp when they conk off and realized there is no way to replace the bulbs and they are sealed units. We can only replace the parking lamps and turn indicators.

So I went to Boodmo to check for the price of the unit and came the shocker it costs a whopping 17k per unit

Does anyone have an idea of the longevity of these units? Hope it lasts a while as it would be a very costly affair to replace them on regular basis as I am used to doing on my Ritz for the halogen bulbs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th February 2020 at 20:53. Reason: Typos.
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 14:25   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post

So I went to Boodmo to check for the price of the unit and came the shocker it costs a whopping 17k per unit
It's common thing with all new Marutis. Old Baleno and S Cross had replaceable HID units. But all the new gen Marutis with LED lamps, like Swift, Dzire, Ciaz, XL6, Baleno, Ignis and now the Vitara Brezza(top variants) have sealed units. In cars like New Brezza, even the indicators are LEDs. So if anything happens, be ready to shell out a good sum(around 20k). Maruti may or may not replace them under goodwill warranty depending on age of your car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks