Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 18:50   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti XL6 : Official Review

My XL6 will be delivered this weekend. I don't particularly fancy excessive chrome, to that effect I was wondering if a de-chroming exercise on the front grill will look good. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-xl6modelimage.jpg  

lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 21:35   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
My XL6 will be delivered this weekend. I don't particularly fancy excessive chrome, to that effect I was wondering if a de-chroming exercise on the front grill will look good. What do you guys think?
Wow that was quick, mine is still in transit! I guess your question is very subjective and personal IMHO.

I guess XL6 has the least Chrome in Maruti's stable. I would recommend to leave it as it is but final choice would be yours
Old 27th August 2020, 10:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Wow that was quick, mine is still in transit! I guess your question is very subjective and personal IMHO.

I guess XL6 has the least Chrome in Maruti's stable. I would recommend to leave it as it is but final choice would be yours
Indeed a personal preference. I think I will let it be for the moment, there are a lot of small things planned already for the car which need execution before the cosmetic intervention begins.
Old 27th August 2020, 10:51   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed a personal preference. I think I will let it be for the moment, there are a lot of small things planned already for the car which need execution before the cosmetic intervention begins.
Sure do share your experiences and alterations as planned, will definitely help us plan them for our cars too. All the best
Old 29th August 2020, 09:25   #185
BHPian

Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that the above XL7 looks so much better than the Indian XL6? XL7's alloys make it look much bigger although they are just R16.

Also, I know most TBHPians don't like chrome, but that black XL7 coupled with some extra dash of chrome on the window belt line and silver roof rails would make the XL7 look so much more badass and upmarket. The black color also hides the hideous body cladding on XL7.

I also loved the dual tone orange color of XL7. Now for people who don't like chrome, this is the one where even the two chrome lines on the grill can be blacked out to give it a sporty look.

If not Maruti, I do wish Toyota gives us those alloys and black/orange color options in its variation of Ertiga.
Time_Machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 11:20   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure what happened here - aftermarket fitments or something else. Incident happened at Vadodara, Gujarat.
Dealership = Amar Cars.

Hiren shares about their 7-month old XL6 Alpha suddenly catching fire while on slow speeds of around 10 kmph on Twitter:

Quote:
@NexaExperience
Xl6 caught fired in running condition. Now m getting threat by advocate of Maruti for highlighting issue on tweeter.
There is no safety in new XL6 of Maruti. It was life threatning experience. There is some serious fault.
Best of luck who is having xl6
Quote:
From more than 60 days , we are after maruti and its dealer Amar Car. Both are making fool to customer.
If you are having xl6 Keep atleast 5-6 fire extinguisher. Because xl6 is faulty car.
Best of luck. Safe drive with unsafe car
https://twitter.com/Hiren82976806/st...139840/video/1

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-3.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-4.jpg

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-5.jpg

Again, I sincerely hope this is a one-off.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 23:02   #187
BHPian

Just took delivery of the XL6 Alpha automatic. Coming from the Polo GT I had to change my driving style to suit this auto box, its not at all bad as the reviewers make it to be.

Also big shout out to LeoShashi, he's been an angel and immense help in the delivery process. I mean what he has highlighted in his thread has been an eyeopener.

Got the tyres replaced with Yokohama BluEarth 195/65/15 again with Shashi's advice as there were no Michelins in stock in my city of Jodhpur. Was chatting with him while the swap was in progress and his attention to detail of lining the blue and yellow markers on the rim and tyre was a super six. I'd never have know that something like this would have to be done to achieve a factory like setup. The ride has been super silent. Am really pleased with the swap.

One small glitch I noticed during PDI is the auto up-down switch does not work. The power windows work normally though. Should be fixed at the first service. I didn't have a choice of another car as our small town doesn't really have a market for automatics and this is the only automatic car that was offloaded.

Also shamelesly copied the VVT badge Shashi has on the wheel wells.

The roof bars and roof box will go up soon. Am looking for a good vendor to either paint or wrap the roof box in gloss black.

More pics and an initial impression report soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img7272.jpg  

Last edited by lionell : 29th August 2020 at 23:08.
lionell is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 23:46   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One small glitch I noticed during PDI is the auto up-down switch does not work. The power windows work normally though. Should be fixed at the first service. I didn't have a choice of another car as our small town doesn't really have a market for automatics and this is the only automatic car that was offloaded.
Congratulations. Did you try calibrating(or whatever it is called) the auto up/down functionality? First open the window to fully down position. Turn off the car and try to operate the power windows to drain out any remaining voltage in the system. Turn on the car again and press and hold the driver side window switch in the fully up position(auto up position of the switch) until the window closes + 2 seconds. This must calibrate the system and enable the auto up/down feature.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 23:53   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congratulations. Did you try calibrating(or whatever it is called) the auto up/down functionality? First open the window to fully down position. Turn off the car and try to operate the power windows to drain out any remaining voltage in the system. Turn on the car again and press and hold the driver side window switch in the fully up position(auto up position of the switch) until the window closes + 2 seconds. This must calibrate the system and enable the auto up/down feature.
This is good info. Let me try it out and report back if its been successful. Thank you for the top tip.
Old 7th September 2020, 18:01   #190
BHPian

Here is my zeta Artic White; did my PDI today... Delivery on Thursday! Decoded the VIN and it's a Aug 2020 manufactured!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20200907_114303.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20200907_114322.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20200907_114330.jpg  

Maruti XL6 : Official Review-img_20200907_114341.jpg  

Last edited by MadTiger : 7th September 2020 at 18:10. Reason: Added VIN
MadTiger is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:20   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Here is my zeta Artic White; did my PDI today... Delivery on Thursday! Decoded the VIN and it's a Aug 2020 manufactured!
Many many congratulations.

XL6 looks awesome in white. Wishing you loads of memorable moments with the car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:33   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Many many congratulations.

XL6 looks awesome in white. Wishing you loads of memorable moments with the car.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks a Lot Sashi! Your ownership review gave me more confidence to go ahead with my decision, I was in same dilemma as you, I had actually booked the Scross and moved it to XL6. Just cant wait another 48 hours to get my hands on it. Thank you!
MadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:40   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is good info. Let me try it out and report back if its been successful. Thank you for the top tip.
Even auto pinch won't be working in that case.

Roll up the windows and hold the switch for 3 seconds. Then roll down the glass completely, and keep holding the switch for 3 seconds again.

This will bring back the functionality.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 07:05   #194
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MadTiger and lionell on your new acquisitions. You guys should call yourselves the Felines - 'Leo'shashi, Mad'Tiger', 'lion'ell.
samaspire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:46   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Again, I sincerely hope this is a one-off.
There was news about a recall for the Petrol engined XL6, ciaz etc because of a fire hazard related to the Starter generator. I don't know if this car was recalled.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks