Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd January 2020, 18:23   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Kona : Official Review

After a long hesitation, took a test drive of Kona today. It is a wonderful car to drive, loaded with tech. Rear seats were uncomfortable to get in and out as well as sit for long. Driver seat wasn't so bad.

Surprisingly, I didn't find ride quality too harsh. May be it requires a very bad road to be of concern. But indeed, one has to be a bit more watchful going over those bumps. Low ground clearance is still a concern.
hkollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2020, 22:15   #152

Just received delivery of my new Level 2 Fast AC charger from BrightBlu. This one comes with an industrial connector that has a 3 pin socket and can connect to a single phase point. Was able to pull in 7.2kW consistently.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_3467.jpg  

pkirwadi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2020, 19:06   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I would say, Kona is comparable to top end Creta or Seltos which has on road price of ~19 to 20 lakhs. Its automatic without the worries of DCT in Seltos. For the people whose major driving is in cities, the fuel/electricity bill can be 1/8th of petrol automatic Creta or Seltos.
Kona has less space than Creta or Seltos inside. I do wish Hyundai had manages a little more space in the rear seat and a bit more ground clearance for the atrocious humps & bad roads of India.

Any properly power EV driving experience is so much better than a ICE, there is no comparison. And Kona driving experience is even better than some high performance luxury cars.

Cost of energy/fuel is not a decision criteria right now for buying electric. It is sheer novelty, refinement, pleasure of driving that should drive this buying decision. Range is a good criteria, and Kona has adequate range, though I wish they also had the option of the bigger battery that's offered in other countries. But, perhaps they wanted to keep price on check.

My biggest gripe remains - Rear passengers won't be happy on longish drives. Front two passengers may be ok.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2020, 10:23   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
Moral of the story:-
Kona will easily do Pune-Mumbai-Pune runs at a decent speed on single charge. Not so apprehensive about the car anymore

Saw EXICOM chargers at Khalapur food plaza (right after the toll) but sadly none of them were in working condition and petrol pump attendant had no idea by what time will they be functional. Though the charger said "Fast Charger" I couldn't find the exact specifications of it.Attaching pic of the same.

PS : Couldn't find a more appropriate thread to post this into,hence posting it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Kona : Official Review-img_20200208_192612.jpg  

ADI7YAK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote