Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 21:32   #646
BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Anyone know if petrol CVT engine in new 2023 facelift Hector is BS6 Phase-2 compliant? Or are we expecting them to launch new engine soon in coming months?
As per SA engine is same, only one filter in exhaust has been added. I'm not sure about accuracy about technical stuff, but engine remains same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you lakhs of miles and millions of smiles per mile of a stress and niggle free ownership!

Just wanted to know which trim did you take and whether it’s the CVT or DCT? Thanks.
DCT was discontinued last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellraiser View Post
So, I finally got my hands on the car a week ago. My initial concern around switching from manual to AT was wiped away in fifteen minutes. I am still exploring the features but absolutely loved the ride quality. Does anyone know why the TPMS shows a reading of 50 for all tyres whereas when checked at a nearby petrol pump it shows 35. I have already highlighted this to the SA who is reviewing it but any help would be appreciated.
My car shows it in range of 34-38. I guess basis heat it fluctuates. My 1st service is due next week. Will keep an eye on it basis your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
I saw a Twitter post about an MG Hector catching fire and the subsequent apathy of MG Motors India.

The user has posted on Twitter in this post.

I am not sure if this particular incident has been shared on the forum yet. But, what surprises me is the total disdain for the customer and his safety by the MG Motors India team.
I'm not sure what is the complete story. But looking at some of the posts what I could notice is the person has written "we recently bought this car" and if you look at the car, it is first gen 2019 Hector. Also, the car was standing in middle of ground when it caught fire. I feel there is more to this story like any other such incident. I wouldn't take a side as facts aren't known.
manpreetsj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:12   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post

I'm not sure what is the complete story. But looking at some of the posts what I could notice is the person has written "we recently bought this car" and if you look at the car, it is first gen 2019 Hector. Also, the car was standing in middle of ground when it caught fire. I feel there is more to this story like any other such incident. I wouldn't take a side as facts aren't known.
Yes, there is always the other side of the story. Having said that, a car catching fire is never an acceptable experience for whatever reason.

On its part, MG Motors need to be more emphatic in its response system. For sure, you cannot wash off your hands off fire incidents by sending canned responses.
Old 15th March 2023, 03:17   #648

Pathetic experience at MG Service Jahangirpuri, New Delhi

I dropped my car for its 4th Service/20,000 KM. And the whole experience was underwhelming, these people just want to sell additional gimmicky services like germkleen, AC vent cleaning rather than resolving the actual issues.

I raised following issues and car was delivered with the same issues.

Rusting of chrome (I've been raising this issues since the car was one month old). It was delivered in the same condition it went in, they even applied some chemical to clean the chrome below left DRL and it got discoloured.

Sunroof Shuddering- Sunroof was shuddering when closing it, raised the issue. They charged INR 362 for sunroof greasing and didn't bother to check if it was working properly. It still shudders.

Dry cleaning: Asked them for interior dry-cleaning for which they apparently use 3M foam car cleaner. They gave the car with dust in the glass holder and seats were not clean.

Doors rattling- This specific issue irritates me, the car has been driven single handedly by me. The door rattles and MG is unable to provide a concrete solution.

Mileage is consistent between 7-8KMPL, I am okay with this as I knew it before buying the car. Overall experience has been unpleasant with the service center.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector : Official Review-img9546.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-img9545.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-img9543.jpg  

mttraveler is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 14:51   #649
BHPian

Hi team, asking for a friend who owns a petrol Hector CVT.

The service advisor had in the last service advised him to change brake pads, his car has run almost 30k.
Now when he asked about it in a FNG, they quoted about 4k for set of four. MG is asking for 14k.
Is this reasonable or there is more to it than meets the eye? Is it safe to do it outside of MG?
10k difference is a lot even if we consider labor charges at MG.
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 20:50   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Hi team, asking for a friend who owns a petrol Hector CVT.

The service advisor had in the last service advised him to change brake pads, his car has run almost 30k.
Now when he asked about it in a FNG, they quoted about 4k for set of four. MG is asking for 14k.
Is this reasonable or there is more to it than meets the eye? Is it safe to do it outside of MG?
10k difference is a lot even if we consider labor charges at MG.
This thing happened with me on 20,000KM Service. The advisor told me that the brake pads are near the end of their life and will need replacement. SA quote me INR8,500 plus labour. I had no other choice but to approve.
After an hour SA called me and said I'll try to get this covered under warranty. He got it replaced without any pushing or pressure from my side.

I find it fishy and something to do with poor quality brake pads for a specific batch of Hector CVT's. No company replaces these regular wear and tear parts free of cost.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector : Official Review-bp2.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-bp1.jpg  

mttraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 16:51   #651
BHPian

Hi ALL,

Just managed to get my hands on a tuning box called TUNIT, for Petrol cars.
It's a box that fits in the 16pin socket below the steering wheel. APP based settings are easy.

I surely felt a substantial difference in the mid range. Normally the car was sluggish between 2000 to 3500 RPM. I do now feel a lot better, and less frustrated driving with the box.

Did a long 350km highway run just after fitting the box and my drive was a lot happier in terms of mid end performance. MG Hector : Official Review-image2.jpeg
satyanu28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 18:06   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Hi ALL,

Just managed to get my hands on a tuning box called TUNIT, for Petrol cars.
Hi, thanks for the information, some queries below -

Where did you procure this? What was the cost?

Is there any wire splicing or is it and play?

Does it need to be permanently connected?

Did the tuning have any effect on the mileage?

I assume this will void the warranty , any thoughts?

I mostly see a severe lag in the initial rpm's before the turbo spools up, did this change that characteristic?

Is your car the DCT or CVT variant?

Would love to see more pictures and settings menu screenshots too, if possible
Old 14th May 2023, 22:19   #653
BHPian

Have answered your queries below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Hi, thanks for the information, some queries below -

Where did you procure this? What was the cost?

From a friend who got it ordered from England

Is there any wire splicing or is it and play?

Plug and play…….

Does it need to be permanently connected?

No. Can disconnect anytime…… very simple.

Did the tuning have any effect on the mileage?

Yes, improvement actually.

I assume this will void the warranty , any thoughts?

Unlikely. As it’s plug and play.

I mostly see a severe lag in the initial rpm's before the turbo spools up, did this change that characteristic?

Yes. Quite pleasingly. Not a huge difference. But good enough. Like I said, it’s only a marginal 15-20bhp bump. Just adequate.

Is your car the DCT or CVT variant?

DCT

WILL SEND SCREEN SHOTS in a bit. Car has gone for 50k service.

Would love to see more pictures and settings menu screenshots too, if possible
satyanu28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 22:32   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Have answered your queries below.
Good to hear, what was the cost of this device?

Was it purchased from online somewhere?

Dhruv
Old 15th May 2023, 12:07   #655
BHPian

About 50k

Could be more if imported through official Channels.
Old 24th May 2023, 07:58   #656
BHPian

Screen Shots of the App from TUNITMG Hector : Official Review-img_1683.jpeg

MG Hector : Official Review-img_1684.jpeg

MG Hector : Official Review-img_1685.jpeg

MG Hector : Official Review-img_1686.jpeg
Old 28th May 2023, 09:15   #657

Hi all,

I am looking for a second hand car and getting a well maintained 2019 Hector DCT petrol for a decent deal. The ODO currently stands at 22800 kms and it is top variant (Sharp). I liked everything about the car so far, and looking to finalise the purchase.

Having said that, I am a little worried about the low mileage (FE) numbers reported so far. The previous owner claims 7.5kmpl - 8.5kmpl in Bangalore and 12 on highways. Can any long term users comment on how is the mileage/ fuel efficiency?

I am prepared for 7.5 in city conditions, but wanted to know if numbers like 5-6 are exceptions or more common. My annual running will be maximum 8,000 kms. 60:40 city and highway. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2023, 09:14   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabia_firstcar View Post
I am prepared for 7.5 in city conditions, but wanted to know if numbers like 5-6 are exceptions or more common. My annual running will be maximum 8,000 kms. 60:40 city and highway. Thanks!
If you are mentally prepared for 7.5 kmpl, then you can go ahead with the purchase if the car is in good condition. 7-9 kmpl is the expected mileage that one can expect, as long as you're not going to be stuck in traffic at Silk Board junction :P

Just finished getting the 105000 Kms service on my Diesel Sharp. Close to 3.5 years of ownership, I have few complaints.

Got the sunroof greased since I use it regularly on road trips.

My car is still on the original clutch. Had got the brake pads replaced from outside at 65000 kms mark, ( Ghai sourced - Rs 3000), I wasn't willing to spend upwards of 10k on pads and labour.

Mileage has been pretty good. A consistent 15+ in city+highway mix.

MG Hector : Official Review-screenshot_2023060109030939_368d3624658a6d37bc1c1d017e7bb267.jpg

MG Hector : Official Review-screenshot_2023060109031775_368d3624658a6d37bc1c1d017e7bb267.jpg

Had started an ownership thread but I've yet to add enough detail on it to publish it. Hopefully this month.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 10:58   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
If you are mentally prepared for 7.5 kmpl, then you can go ahead with the purchase if the car is in good condition.
Thank you! I went ahead with the purchase. Car is maintained in a near perfect condition. Keeping fingers crossed that it is not one of those units with abysmal mileage. As long as it is 7-8+ in the city and 10-12 on highways, I am okay.

Outside of the mileage fears, I found it to be amazing in all other aspects (maybe except the insanely high turning radius lol)

Good to know that it is hassle free at 1L+ kms too
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:32   #660
BHPian

I bought a 2020 petrol DCT in 2021. I have had an average of 7.5-8 kmpl in the city and Between 11.5-12.5 on highways.
Car has been extremely useful and trouble free. I bought the car at 12000km and it has done 49000km now.

Services are not expensive.

Please ensure the tyre are changed soon (if not already) as the rubber could get hard after 3 years.

Do let me know if you have any other queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabia_firstcar View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for a second hand car and getting a well maintained 2019 Hector DCT petrol for a decent deal. The ODO currently stands at 22800 kms and it is top variant (Sharp). I liked everything about the car so far, and looking to finalise the purchase.

Having said that, I am a little worried about the low mileage (FE) numbers reported so far. The previous owner claims 7.5kmpl - 8.5kmpl in Bangalore and 12 on highways. Can any long term users comment on how is the mileage/ fuel efficiency?

satyanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks