Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2020, 18:18   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
So Hector will not get the mapmyindia update? Sounds weird, when the app is already updated with mapmyindia. It would be a travesty if the TomTom crap is not replaced with the new one. I was happy that MG heard the feedback on TomTom, but hey, perhaps not
They'll have to update it. Or make seperate apps - one for the Gloster, one for Hector/ Plus.

If they don't update it, the location you push from your phone will not be accepted by the HU in the car if they're not the same app.

I think they're still working on the HU update. Should be coming in a few days. I'll check with them during the service next week.

As far as iSmart 2.0 is concerned, it remains to be seen if we will get that. It looks a whole lot slicker than the version we have on the Hector.

I got a call from Pulsehub again and I've given them feedback regarding the range indicator becoming blank in low fuel conditions. Hope they fix that soon.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 22:00   #362

I got to know from someone that they have started pushing the HU updates with mapmyindia since a couple of days. While I find it hard to believe, if ita happening then MG is really doing top notch.
Old 26th September 2020, 09:31   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got to know from someone that they have started pushing the HU updates with mapmyindia since a couple of days. While I find it hard to believe, if ita happening then MG is really doing top notch.
It's inevitable. I'm sure they want to keep the same navigation app for all cars, it just makes support easier. Full points to MG for listening to their customers.

What the Hector may not get is iSmart 2.0. From what I've seen on the Gloster, it just looks a lot more slick and fast. Here's how it looks:

MG Hector : Official Review-b1np1nas_mgglostertoget123inchinfotainmentscreen12speakersreport_625x300_24_august_20.jpeg
MG Hector : Official Review-images-20200926t092745.324.jpeg
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 19:49   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What the Hector may not get is iSmart 2.0. From what I've seen on the Gloster, it just looks a lot more slick and fast.
Saw Gagan Choudhary's review. The HU isn't thaaat slick or faster. Pretty laggy and sad for a car that supposedly costs 40L+
Watch from 12 min mark.
omranga98 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 10:45   #365
Senior - BHPian

MG Hector Facelift Spied On Test With New Front Grille & 17″ Alloys

MG Hector : Official Review-2020maghectorfacelift1740x416.jpg

Quote:
A test model of the MG Hector was recently spied in Vadodara, with a few subtle aesthetic changes. At the front of the car, we see a new mesh design for the grille. That said, the chrome outlining on the grille, the vertically split headlamps design, the front bumper, etc., are all the same as before. At the sides, we see a new set of 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels.
Source
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 15:21   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
MG Hector Facelift Spied On Test With New Front Grille & 17″ Alloys
There's also talk of the Diesel Automatic variant being launched, albeit only in the Smart and Sharp Variant.
Old 30th September 2020, 16:39   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted in the dual tone shade as well.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector : Official Review-aae55b0874e444fc895a9657b1589cc2.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 12:42   #368
Senior - BHPian

MG Motor India reported a sales decline last month as compared to September 2019, retailing 2,537 units in September 2020 as opposed to 2,608 units in the same period last year, marking a 2.72 per cent sales drop.

MG also registered a decline on mom basis as it had retailed 2,851 units in August 2020.

Last edited by coolkurt : 1st October 2020 at 12:43.
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:40   #369
Senior - BHPian

^^ that's consistent performance

Anti-China sentiment seems to have small impact though (they had 2 products - Hector & Hector Plus on sale in September). Next 2 months will definitely be better due to harvesting & festive season.

MG needs to fight the sentiment apart from bringing products that are ahead of competition.
Old 2nd October 2020, 18:47   #370
Senior - BHPian

Owing to the inauspicious period or "shraadh", the retail sales were lower, with people postponing their deliveries. The target sales for October and November is 3.5 - 4k.

Quote:
According to Rakesh Sidana, director, Sales, MG Motor India, “While the fresh booking trend continues to grow steadily for MG Hector and ZS EV, the retail sales were severely impacted in September due to the inauspicious period. The wholesale were much more than retails in anticipation of the upcoming festive season. Although the challenges continue in the overall economy and supply chain, and our teams are doing their best to overcome these and we are looking forward to festive season and the launch of the Gloster in October 2020.”
Old 9th October 2020, 01:06   #371
Senior - BHPian

Giving my Hector for its third service ie..15000 Kms. Plan to do a short term ownership review soon.

Here are the maintenance schedules for all the variants:

MG Hector : Official Review-img_20201008_232434__01.jpg
MG Hector : Official Review-img_20201009_010148__01.jpg
MG Hector : Official Review-img_20201009_010226__01__01.jpg
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 05:03   #372
Senior - BHPian

What I am impressed with is , fighting political sentiments which were prevalent since its launch, not to mention the skepticism of a new product/brand, the Hector has sold more cars per month than Jeep ever sold , inspite of the pandemic too. Just shows that right sizing , right pricing and a dose of feel good features can go a long way in establishing presence, MG is already on to its fourth product within a year, while Jeep is still “thinking”. The fact that MG uses Jeeps diesel engine makes the irony even more interesting.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 9th October 2020 at 05:04.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 22:32   #373

Road trip to Landour (Mussoorie)

After almost 7 months of corona-kaand and a 11 month long itch of taking my Hector DCT out for a long spin, was finally able to satisfy my need with a drive to Landour from Gurgaon, and back.

Overall, drove ~670 kms with a full boot (3 large suitcases, 3 small suitcases) and 5 full size occupants (also had stuff under the seat ). Estimate is I covered close to 70 kms uphill, 60 kms in b2b traffic and rest on highways.

I am happy to report that I finally crossed off some of my worries with the DCT:
1) While the car was fully loaded, i had absolutely no trouble with the power. Yes there is a lag if you push on the accelerator, but i guess its not as bad compared to driving in the city.
2) Had absolutely no issues while overtaking. Had heard that one needs to plan, but didnt feel the need. Also drove for about 60 kms on single lane highways and you can imagine how tough overtaking is. Was able to maintain a good cadence in those conditions.
3) Hill drive was splendid. Absolutely no power loss driving up the hills. Was able to maintain speed with some other cars like eco-sport as well. If you know the route from Mussoorie to Dhanaulti, its quite a steep climb with a really narrow road.
4) Negligible body roll at the speeds i was driving - uphill or even downhill.
5) Braking was excellent. Not a single miss, no brake noise even with the car standstill for 4 days when up in the resort.
6) Absolutely peaceful in the cabin. Drove straight 8 hours both sides and no fatigue. Did not move the gear out of D for the whole 8 hours, and happy to report that there were no transmission issues. Fantastic stuff.
7) Great connectivity on the system all the way.
8) Comfortably sat 3 adults at the back and a kid, with the kid moving about when not in a mood to sit.

So then what's remaining - the answer to the question that i have been asked every damn time - Kitna deti hai.

I did the whole trip in one tankful (until warning) + 12 liters. So if i assume 50 liters for the tank, i put in a total of 62 liters giving me an average of 11 kmpl.

Good, bad? The opinion still remains up in the air.
Blackjack is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 08:00   #374
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road trip to Landour (Mussoorie)

Quote:

So then what's remaining - the answer to the question that i have been asked every damn time - Kitna deti hai.

I did the whole trip in one tankful (until warning) + 12 liters. So if i assume 50 liters for the tank, i put in a total of 62 liters giving me an average of 11 kmpl.

Good, bad? The opinion still remains up in the air.
. You gotta pay something to gain something. A fatigue free road trip experience has to only be "experienced" especially if the car offers it at purchase price well below the luxury brands.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 09:15   #375

Re: Road trip to Landour (Mussoorie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
. You gotta pay something to gain something. A fatigue free road trip experience has to only be "experienced" especially if the car offers it at purchase price well below the luxury brands.
Thanks for the quote, but have to admit that I found it cryptic. Could be that the extended screen times are making me dumber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks