Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 09:15   #466
BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
1. Is the clutch soft to press - Yes

2. Is the clutch travel very much manageable (I drove the Diesel Alcazar few days back, and while the clutch was soft, the travel was little longer than I would have liked) - Not long at all. I'd say median

3. What is the RPM for 100 kmph on 6th gear- I recall seeing somewhere near 2.3-2.5 K constantly on the ALE.
Thanks for the information Mayank. I did feel the same (as you have explained earlier) regarding the clutch on the TD vehicle. Thanks for confirming the same.

I wanted to understand whether the response time on the infotainment unit is good or there are any challenges.
Old 14th September 2021, 14:09   #467
BHPian

Hello All,

I have booked Sharp variant - Diesel in black colour few weeks ago and expecting delivery this week. Need one help with respect to Apple Carplay feature in MG Hector. Can I use Apple Carplay in wireless mode or do I need to connect a cable to use this feature? If it's wireless then can somebody please help me with the "how to" process? I tried doing this in test drive car but couldn't and the SA had very little information about all these and not much of help there.

It would be great if someone could help me out with this

Thank you
Old 19th September 2021, 03:14   #468

There is no wireless car play or Android auto yet in Hector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hello All,

I have booked Sharp variant - Diesel in black colour few weeks ago and expecting delivery this week. Need one help with respect to Apple Carplay feature in MG Hector. Can I use Apple Carplay in wireless mode or do I need to connect a cable to use this feature? If it's wireless then can somebody please help me with the "how to" process? I tried doing this in test drive car but couldn't and the SA had very little information about all these and not much of help there.

It would be great if someone could help me out with this

Thank you
vikas_rock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 08:58   #469
Senior - BHPian

MG discontinues 'Super' variant of the Hector

MG Motor India has discontinued the second-to-base Super trim of the Hector. It was available with both petrol and diesel powertrains, albeit only with the 6-speed manual transmission. That means the SUV is now available in four trims: Style, Shine, Smart, and Sharp.
  1. The Super was priced in the range of Rs 14.17 lakh to Rs 16 lakh.
  2. The Shine now becomes the second-to-base trim of the Hector.
  3. The Shine is priced at a premium of Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000 over the discontinued Super.
  4. Following the Super’s axing, the jump from the base to the second-to-base trim is now over Rs 1 lakh and Rs 1.5 lakh for the petrol and diesel variants respectively.

The Super trim was offered with features such as cruise control, a 10.4-inch touchscreen unit, and keyless entry, all of which are already available in the Shine variant.

Source
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:39   #470
Senior - BHPian

GM is MG, MG is GM. What is MG Hector in India is GM Captiva elsewhere minus the connected car tech.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Hector : Official Review-g1.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-g2.jpg  

MG Hector : Official Review-g3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:05   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
GM is MG, MG is GM. What is MG Hector in India is GM Captiva elsewhere minus the connected car tech.

We've known. For a long time. Even browse on phoren etailers for accessories for 2020 captiva.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:53   #472
BHPian

Re: MG discontinues 'Super' variant of the Hector

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
MG Motor India has discontinued the second-to-base Super trim of the Hector. It was available with both petrol and diesel powertrains, albeit only with the 6-speed manual transmission. That means the SUV is now available in four trims: Style, Shine, Smart, and Sharp.
I went to MG to TD the Shine CVT variant yesterday, and the sales rep confirmed that even the Style and Smart variants are being discontinued now, and previous bookings recieved are being adjusted.

As per him, going forward only the Shine and Sharp variants will remain in the Hector lineup in order to avoid pricing conflicts with the Astor, and there might be a Hector Savvy variant launched next year.
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 08:55   #473

Hi,

I am on look out for an automatic car and found MG Hector Shine CVT to be the most VFM and almost finalised but the launch of XUV700 made me wait for comparison of both.

Since now both cars are not crash safety rated yet, Shine has outshone XUV700 AX3 Pet AT (similar priced model) in many basic features (except for the massive engine specs, tires, etc), and finally deciding to go ahead with MG.

Request advice from experts on the following:

1) Due to new upcoming regulations for flex fuel engines in 6 months, should one wait for newer engines to come out?

2) Has anyone installed 360° camera setup in lower version of Hector ? Could not find any videos on YouTube.

3) Are the AC unit's capacity different in Shine and Sharp variants ? SA had no idea since Shine took a whole lot of time to get cooled than Sharp on same day & time in the dealer's stockyard.

Thanks in advance !!!
Car Stalker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 19:58   #474

Hi Team,

I am also planning to buy MG Hector, but I am confused between Hybrid Manual vs CVT. I had test driven both of them and found both of them to be comfortable. However, my confusion is around the FE. I saw in many reviews that the CVT is giving very poor mileage and with hybrid manual, the FE is a little better. Your inputs on this is appreciated.
Old 11th October 2021, 22:03   #475
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post

As a Hector Plus owner, I’m also (so far) very very happy with MG’s ASS. And I think that, as that rep grows, it will certainly be factored into the VFM equation.
Note: Off topic

Hi

I am seriously considering Hector Plus 6 seater Petrol AT Sharp. But wondering about the real world mileage in BLR. I drive 56 kms between office (Whitefield) and home (Bannerghatta Road).

What is the mileage in the Bangalore grid lock. Now a days I drive to office in the early hours ( as in 6.30AM start from home and 3.30pm start from office). Still would like to know what we can expect in BLR in general.

And how is the mileage in the highway, if cruising at 90kmph?

Is this comparable to the other competitors?

-Arvind
Naetik30 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 00:18   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugulagopi View Post
Hi Team,

I saw in many reviews that the CVT is giving very poor mileage and with hybrid manual, the FE is a little better. Your inputs on this is appreciated.
The hybrid manual would have ~20% better mileage than automatic. Its performance at lower speed will also be better because of up to 20 N.m of extra torque and manual makes it easier to work the engine as per your need.

CVT is slightly better than DCT in fuel efficiency and is also more reliable. Of course, automatics have their own convenience too.

If mileage (and a little better performance) matters to you more than convenience then you may select the hybrid manual. Else the CVT should be fine.Based on what I've heard and read, it should give you ~8-9 kmpl in the city and ~12-13on the highway., if driven sedately.
RiverRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 16:16   #477

I have taken a long test drive of Hector CVT today and found that the suspension to be little off. I could feel every pothole in the cabin... SA said its because of the Test drive vehicle. Can the Hector owners clarify this? will the actual car also have similar issues with suspension?
Old 12th October 2021, 20:03   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have taken a long test drive of Hector CVT today and found that the suspension to be little off. I could feel every pothole in the cabin... SA said its because of the Test drive vehicle. Can the Hector owners clarify this? will the actual car also have similar issues with suspension?
I can feel the undulations, but no jarring. Could be because it's the test drive vehicle. But my Hector is on 17in, while the new ones are on 18in. Could that be the cause?
That soft suspension is actually one of the best things in the car, nothing gets inside. Does make the car handle like a boat, but it's never pretended to be otherwise.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 21:02   #479
BHPian

Quote:
.... I could feel every pothole in the cabin.... Can the Hector owners clarify this? will the actual car also have similar issues with suspension?
I have a DCT Nov 2019 Sharp with the odo at about 25k and driven over all kinds of roads, except actual off-roading. Of all the things, the amazing ride and passenger comfort over short and long distances is a stand out feature, and not just because of the suspension but also because it has a very silent cabin.

The issue as you mentioned could be because of a test drive vehicle, shorter sidewalls and perhaps because the cabin is so silent that sounds which you would otherwise not hear, seem louder. It does at least for me!

Best of Luck!
PGNarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:48   #480
BHPian

I recently took delivery of my Hector Plus and have a couple of questions to existing owners:

1. Can I permanently disable the 80 kmph speed warning

2. Is there a way to see the instantaneous fuel efficiency

3. Can I use the vehicle with ismart app in my mobile (say in case I forgot to carry the keys)

4. How do we maintain the black exterior plastic elements

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks